Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,260 members, 7,839,319 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (183744 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
4llerbuntu: Basically what i just posted above is a version of Custom Android modification called Linaro.

from the above, a linaro build and a stock Google build of Android 4.04 were put to the same benchmarking tests on identical hardware.

The linaro build was done in about 2 minutes, the android build which was started before the linaro build was still running at the end of the video.

android 4.04 is pretty fast, but for you to get code thats 4 times faster!! cheesy

can you imagine how much faster your phone would be running that!!!! no special hardware, no jumping through hoops , no special tweaking!. then imagine also overclocking such a phone!

Sweet sweet Santa, i want a droid Razr Maxx ASAP angry angry angry

sorry if I sound so ignorant but is linaro an os upgrade of android or a custom rom
Re: Android, Anyone? by puskin: 8:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
joeydozzy:

sorry if I sound so ignorant but is linaro an os upgrade of android or a custom rom

Its a custom ROM......puskin version grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:01am On Jun 12, 2012
joeydozzy:

calling it either would be inaccurate.
its not a custom rom per se.

its a modification of android code. its taking the source code of android nd making it better. kinda like a fork.

which is why Google is interested in merging that code with stock android and full replacement çustom roms are building off that tree.

cyanogen rocks. for the record!!!
Re: Android, Anyone? by KazeKage1: 10:31am On Jun 12, 2012
4llerbuntu:

its a modification of android code. its taking the source code of android nd making it better. kinda like a fork.

which is why Google is interested in merging that code with stock android and full replacement çustom roms are building off that tree.

Oga, how far? Whatsapp
Re: Android, Anyone? by Lawalmd(m): 11:18am On Jun 12, 2012
wow finally got my captivate on gingerbread after a long process and the thing wasn't that hard o just that i wasn't patient enough to carefully read all through the instructions. but im through with it now the next step is to flash a custom ics rom
Re: Android, Anyone? by nastydamus(m): 11:37am On Jun 12, 2012
kunlebco:
check www.phonegg.com/compare/27/HTC-Inspire-4G-vs-HTC-Sensation.html. u will realise that inspire's internal memory is larger than that of sensation. in every other spec, its either they r at par or sensation knocks inspire off. I use the 4G version and I'm so so loving it.
for jail breaking, Google xdadevelopers. u will get useful tips and downloads there. any other issue, u can reach me on kunlebco@yahoo.com
I don't think the bolded is allowed on an android thread. Please use it elsewhere grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by SAFO(m): 5:00pm On Jun 12, 2012
I'm rocking Aokp with bits n pieces of the Linaro code in it.

it's pretty fast.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 12, 2012
SAFO: I'm rocking Aokp with bits n pieces of the Linaro code in it.

it's pretty fast.

also rocking aokp 4.0.4 on my gs2 but don't know if the linaro code is there . how you take know?

4llerbuntu:

heard cyanogen ain't stable yet on gs2 and battery life sucks. guess I'm missing out on a lot
Re: Android, Anyone? by SAFO(m): 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2012
joeydozzy:

also rocking aokp 4.0.4 on my gs2 but don't know if the linaro code is there . how you take know

I'm just going off based on what the dev said who created the ROM. It should be posted in the changelog or updates.

I'm not savvy enough to recognize the coding myself grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by engrhamid(m): 10:06pm On Jun 12, 2012
joeydozzy:

also rocking aokp 4.0.4 on my gs2 but don't know if the linaro code is there . how you take know?

heard cyanogen ain't stable yet on gs2 and battery life sucks. guess I'm missing out on a lot
Not true
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jun 12, 2012
SAFO:

I'm just going off based on what the dev said who created the ROM. It should be posted in the changelog or updates.

I'm not savvy enough to recognize the coding myself grin

I'll check it out or could you save me the stress and post some links?
engrhamid:
Not true

how? cos I heard cyanogenmod 9 rom is on nightly builds
Re: Android, Anyone? by iykescream: 12:10am On Jun 13, 2012
Guys,una 2 much.d kind gramar wey i dey hear 4 here.pls som1 help me,i dont seem to b able to find adobe flash player on google play or any android compatible flash player to enable me watch live tv on my samsung galaxy.is there another way around?
Re: Android, Anyone? by SAFO(m): 12:58am On Jun 13, 2012
joeydozzy:

I'll check it out or could you save me the stress and post some links?

how? cos I heard cyanogenmod 9 rom is on nightly builds

CM is always on nightly builds but it's stable. They would never release a build out of alpha if everything didn't work.

As for the links , I'm sure your device differs. Best thing is to Google what's compatible for you. I have a HTC One XL
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 2:01am On Jun 13, 2012
SAFO:

CM is always on nightly builds but it's stable. They would never release a build out of alpha if everything didn't work.

As for the links , I'm sure your device differs. Best thing is to Google what's compatible for you. I have a HTC One XL

then what's with the everyday release of cyanogenmod roms if they are stable? they no know say bundle no dey?
Re: Android, Anyone? by SAFO(m): 3:24am On Jun 13, 2012
joeydozzy:

then what's with the everyday release of cyanogenmod roms if they are stable? they no know say bundle no dey?

Nightly builds are just really for us to test. It doesn't change the source code. CM will always release the actual build i.e Cyanogenmod 9 which is stable. It's really up to you if you want to flash the nightlies. Personally I only flash them if it adds something useful.
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 8:36am On Jun 13, 2012
I've tried, nobody can tell me I haven't. I've gone from Unlock Root to Unhook Bra and a dozen more of such, but still can't Root my LGp97 v10h running on 2.2.2. Some people recommended Gingerbreak but can't find any working link to download it.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 13, 2012
SAFO:

Nightly builds are just really for us to test. It doesn't change the source code. CM will always release the actual build i.e Cyanogenmod 9 which is stable. It's really up to you if you want to flash the nightlies. Personally I only flash them if it adds something useful.

but I haven't seen the actual build just the nightlies.
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:05am On Jun 13, 2012
KazeKage1:
Oga, how far? Whatsapp

Missing me? grin grin grin

just saw this, my fones are not serviceable. undergoing some wink winkremedial flashing wink wink

twitter msg. will get to read em at some point
Re: Android, Anyone? by Lawalmd(m): 12:35pm On Jun 13, 2012
edoyad: I've tried, nobody can tell me I haven't. I've gone from Unlock Root to Unhook Bra and a dozen more of such, but still can't Root my LGp97 v10h running on 2.2.2. Some people recommended Gingerbreak but can't find any working link to download it.
go to xda developer and do a thorough search of the forum you should see a thread that would help you, me too im new on this android thing and no one wanted to help out to i had to do everything on my own now ive rooted and upgraded from 2.2 froyo to 2.4 gingerbread but im still battling how to flash ics on my phone but i know with more effort i will get it done
Re: Android, Anyone? by PrinceNN(m): 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2012
pls im getting this tablet (galaxy tab 2 7 inches) for someone, does anyone know if she can use it to make normal gsm phone calls
urgent reply pls

[img]http://www.notebookcheck.info/uploads/tx_nbc2/samsGALAXYtab2_7_.jpg[/img]
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2012
₱®ÌИСΞ:
pls im getting this tablet (galaxy tab 2 7 inches) for someone, does anyone know if she can use it to make normal gsm phone calls
urgent reply pls

[img]http://www.notebookcheck.info/uploads/tx_nbc2/samsGALAXYtab2_7_.jpg[/img]
yes . . . that is , if it has slot for sim card and also the GSM/EDGE/HSDPA bands
cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by SAFO(m): 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2012
joeydozzy:

but I haven't seen the actual build just the nightlies.

okay I gotcha.
Re: Android, Anyone? by BlackBaron: 4:09pm On Jun 13, 2012
Clean, unlocked and rooted HTC Desire HD for sale.#45k shocked

Comes with original box, charger.

You'll never find it this cheap anywhere else. cool

Also a brand new samsung class 10 micro sd card for 10k

Plus anyone interested in a blu ray player with all accessories intact. Only opened box to test otherwise still brand new with warranty.
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2012
Lawalmd:
go to xda developer and do a thorough search of the forum you should see a thread that would help you, me too im new on this android thing and no one wanted to help out to i had to do everything on my own now ive rooted and upgraded from 2.2 froyo to 2.4 gingerbread but im still battling how to flash ics on my phone but i know with more effort i will get it done

Thanks Comrade. Had to do some tweaking with the options but I still got it done. Thank God I didnt brick the basterd grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 4:48pm On Jun 13, 2012
Look at my little baby with his eye patch, his mum and I waited for so long to have him teeheeheehee

Re: Android, Anyone? by Jeophri(m): 7:07pm On Jun 13, 2012
Please I want to buy a Sony Ericson Neo, want to know if anybody has has contact with it and knows if it's dat good
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2012
SAFO:

okay I gotcha.

will try the cyanogenmod soon. meanwhile, I'm looking for another video player that plays flv.since aokp doesn't come with its own flash player, I use mxvideo player and it crashes while playing. any suggestions?
Re: Android, Anyone? by SAFO(m): 10:27pm On Jun 13, 2012
joeydozzy:

will try the cyanogenmod soon. meanwhile, I'm looking for another video player that plays flv.since aokp doesn't come with its own flash player, I use mxvideo player and it crashes while playing. any suggestions?

I used to use rockplayer in the past. I think it plays nearly every video format out there.
Re: Android, Anyone? by ozor1: 10:40pm On Jun 13, 2012
GUYS ENJOY WITH ME OHH GET ETI SIM DIAL *499*3*2# 100NAIRA ON YA SIM
DEN GET UR DRIOD(BADBOI)GO TO SETTINGS CCREATE NEW APN WITH BLACKBERRY.NET SAVE ND TICKI T DOWNLOAD KILL UR SELF SAVE ND TICKI T

BUH I WAN ASK HTC DESIRE HD AND GALAXY S WICH WAN BETA PASS
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 10:56pm On Jun 13, 2012
@prince
just checked d link u posted . . . yeah it will DEFINITELY work for voice calls, sms n mms
Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111)

The Galaxy A Series! / The New USSD Code For Airtel Night Data Plan / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.