Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,090 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (183741 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by emeka50: 8:28pm On Jun 07, 2012
Hi room, pls I just got a samsung galaxy S with android 2.2, can anyone help M̶̲̥̅Ƹ with info on how to upgrade it to gingerbread or honeycomb, and also how to root it becos I don't know how to do any, and also sites where I could download HD games, thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? by princeparis(m): 9:33pm On Jun 07, 2012
@Lawalmd, how much is your captivate. Though i'm actually interested in the I9000 not the I897. This AT&T version thingy get as e be If your price is ok it might sway me. You never can tell. You can send pics a and other details to my mail princeparis777@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 6:31am On Jun 08, 2012
Anyone ever rooted Android 2.2.2 with gingerbreak before?
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 8:39am On Jun 08, 2012
puskin:

U no serious??

I'm serious grin

Bawss1:

Your reason for selling would be. . .?

No particular reason. i'll vacation briefly in europe and I wanna take another look at the GS3...i'd like to remain flexible in case i prefer that one. I know i can always get another One X from gumtree so i don't have THAT much to lose if I do sell it. grin

Just a spur of the moment thing, I probably may change my mind anyway grin

BlackBaron:
Why you selling so quick? Mine's arriving on the 26th...read few reports bout terrible battery life. Do tell why so I know which to get embarassed

Nah, HTC has pushed out some updates that boosts battery life to acceptable ranges. Of course that's for the European tegra 3 version. The US S4 version has great battery life
Re: Android, Anyone? by emeka50: 8:56am On Jun 08, 2012
Please someone should help M̶̲̥̅Ƹ with the rooting and upgrading that works on my samsung galaxy S, please anyone ? sad
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 9:00am On Jun 08, 2012
Go to Play and search for EURO2012 if you need an app to keep up with the Competscion .
Re: Android, Anyone? by SAFO(m): 12:32pm On Jun 08, 2012
BlackBaron:
Why you selling so quick? Mine's arriving on the 26th...read few reports bout terrible battery life. Do tell why so I know which to get embarassed

Maybe the UK version has suspect battery but the LTE version has outstanding battery life.

Re: Android, Anyone? by SAFO(m): 12:39pm On Jun 08, 2012
texazzpete:

Nah, HTC has pushed out some updates that boosts battery life to acceptable ranges. Of course that's for the European tegra 3 version. The US S4 version has great battery life

Bros you nailed it. grin

The first thing I thought of when you said you were selling was the enticement of the SGS III grin

No be only u o. My palm is also itching to test that badboy out. I've just gotten so attached to the HOX now that the bootloader is unlocked. I can't wait to see MIUI running on the S4 Krait grin

BTW I'm selling my HTC Inspire 4G. I have no further use for it anymore. (will only ship within the US unless you want to wait until I arrive in Lagos in the next few months)
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2012
an example of our previous discussion @ lynxnoo

For over a year now, a French law has provided a means for law enforcement to block stolen phones and prevent them from being used. French mobile phone users are encouraged to record their IMEI number online with authorities as a precautionary measure. Once a phone is reported as stolen to the police, operators are required to transmit the unique IMEI number on each phone to a European bank in Dublin, Ireland. Then, this bank is supposed to block usage of that phone, rendering it unusable.

The French newspaper Le Monde (Google Translate) reports that mobile theft in France has dropped 20 percent between April 2011 and April 2012, suggesting that this measure has been somewhat effective.

However, the Paris police department has now announced that it has discovered the use of software called Z3X, which has apparently been found in 50 mobile phone shops in eastern Paris. Z3X is a Ukrainian-made tool that offers what appears to be a specific way to reset IMEI numbers on various specific phones, including models of Samsung, LG, NEC and other phones. The group has listed resellers scattered across the United States, Europe, Russia, Ukraine, and Libya.

The software apparently allows the IMEI number on the phone to be reprogrammed, which under French law, according to a French police source speaking to Le Monde, is punishable by up to two years in prison and a €37,500 ($46,000) fine.

Not surprisingly, these reprogrammed phones end up back on Parisian and French streets. The newspaper also reports that the French Ministry of the Interior and the French Federation of Telecoms have been looking into how to deal with this new software.

“We would like there to be a synthetic engraving of the mobile IMEI number directly on the phone,” said Frank Carabin, a Paris police spokesperson, according to Le Monde. “We would ultimately like manufacturers to put in place a device that would remotely make phones unusable when stolen,” he added. “We need to quickly find a solution.”
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:33pm On Jun 08, 2012
Hallo, who has an idea where i can get a Nook tablet or Kindle Fire in naija, and possibly price too.

they don tey o, e suppose don cheap now o
Re: Android, Anyone? by derwin(m): 9:22am On Jun 09, 2012
Hi dude,if you re still interested in an android fone,I have aoson android 4.0 brand new for sale@ 80,000 naira. My num is 07062907130 pin
21faea73
Re: Android, Anyone? by Princeofilorin(m): 10:44am On Jun 09, 2012
Re: Android, Anyone? by 3kay945(m): 12:01pm On Jun 09, 2012
grin. I finally joined the league of android users, do I have to root it? cos am enjoying every bit of it.
Re: Android, Anyone? by GbengaOGA(m): 12:12pm On Jun 09, 2012
Hello guys, pls recommend to me between HTC Desire and Sony-ericsson Xperia... Thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? by ewerex(m): 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2012
balogunsam:

congrats bro. if airtel is ur major line and u av d 3.5G in ur area,use the airtwl blackberry plan BCM to 440,costs 1400,gives 1GB for a month. check nairaland for a way to use mtn bis on ur android fone.cheers!

i hope this plan will work for those of us that have not root our phones
Re: Android, Anyone? by 3kay945(m): 4:02pm On Jun 09, 2012
GbengaOGA: Hello guys, pls recommend to me between HTC Desire and Sony-ericsson Xperia... Thanks
I don't know much about the HTC, but I think am enjoying my Sony Xperia I just bought. its NEO.
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:27pm On Jun 09, 2012
which xperia? many models dey.

most likely if its d older ones like. x10 , the desire is better

talk about karma, someone just dashed me a wack LG enlighten. its cdma. hehehehehehe
the fine has zero development, not even root.

this will be fun. its time to go underground. no matter how long. good thing it has wifi, Its now officially a stand by browser and content consumer.

any info about a kindle fire nook tablet?
Re: Android, Anyone? by BlackBaron: 7:17pm On Jun 09, 2012
SAFO:

Maybe the UK version has suspect battery but the LTE version has outstanding battery life.

Your screenshot only shows light use though i.e calls, internet, 3G and others. Would to see other SC of maybe some music, gaming, apps running etc
Re: Android, Anyone? by SAFO(m): 9:28pm On Jun 09, 2012
BlackBaron:
Your screenshot only shows light use though i.e calls, internet, 3G and others. Would to see other SC of maybe some music, gaming, apps running etc

Not much different. I still get thru a *full day with heavy use i.e gaming, Netflix, pandora etc.

*full day as in a 12hr day
Re: Android, Anyone? by aieromon(m): 12:06pm On Jun 10, 2012
4llerbuntu: which xperia? many models dey.

most likely if its d older ones like. x10 , the desire is better

talk about karma, someone just dashed me a wack LG enlighten. its cdma. hehehehehehe
the fine has zero development, not even root.

this will be fun. its time to go underground. no matter how long. good thing it has wifi, Its now officially a stand by browser and content consumer.

any info about a kindle fire nook tablet?

The Kindle Fire is readily available if you have up to N45,000 in the pocket.The Nook is well,just there.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Mafia4life(m): 1:22pm On Jun 10, 2012
emeka50: Please someone should help M̶̲̥̅Ƹ with the rooting and upgrading that works on my samsung galaxy S, please anyone ? sad
Why is google there? What If no one use ur type of fone here. What if someone use ur type of fone but a different version of andriod? Dont be a lazy one. Do the research.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2012
aieromon:

The Kindle Fire is readily available if you have up to N45,000 in the pocket.The Nook is well,just there.
Guy,
where exactly can one get the Kindle Fire or Nook( Preferably d new Nook)? smiley
Re: Android, Anyone? by aieromon(m): 4:38pm On Jun 10, 2012
lynxnoon:
Guy,
where exactly can one get the Kindle Fire or Nook( Preferably d new Nook)? smiley

You can only get people that will pre-order it for now.Not many guys appreciate these e-book readers.
You can do pre-order with N40,000.
Re: Android, Anyone? by chucky234(m): 7:25am On Jun 11, 2012
I got a new white HTC Mytouch 3G slide android,the phone is out of box and came with just charger.
Outright sale is 21k but open for swap with clean and sound BB phones.
Call 08024403817 or chuckcollinse@gmail.com
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:46am On Jun 11, 2012
http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/06/09/linaro-android-nearly-doubles-ics-performance-and-now-parts-of-it-are-being-added-to-cm9/

Amazingly, Game changing fast. Dream update fast. Crazy fast. Maps is almost instant on.

News started to trickle out this week about a new Android build called Linaro.

Basically, it takes stock Android 4.0.4 and makes it super-fast, and super-awesome(er).

In fact, it can boost performance by up to 100 percent over stock. Considering how fast and fluid stock Android 4.0.x already is (especially compared to older versions of the OS), that's quite impressive.

Don't take my word for it, though, here's one of the main Linaro guys, Bernhard Rosenkranzer, showing it off on a TI Pandaboard.

The Pandaboard features the OMAP 4430 processor (the same one that's in the Droid RAZR), so this is definitely a real-world example of what Linaro is capable of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrQRYmYip6Q

As you can see, the Linaro build finishes long before the stock Android build. That's not the best part though: the parts of Linaro that make is so efficient and fast are coming soon to Cyanogenmod 9.

Basically, parts of the Linaro code have been submitted to the CM9 gerrit and are currently awaiting approval. Once commited, these tweaks will be added to the main CM9 code, giving all supported devices a drastic increase in performance.

The good news doesn't end there, though: Galaxy Nexus owners can already take an unofficial CM9 build with the Linaro bits for a whirl. From what we've read, this build is noticeably faster and more fluid right out of the gate. Awesome.

Since the first rule of CM is don't ask for ETAs, we have no idea when we could start seeing builds show up with Linaro code, so for now, we'll all just have to take comfort in knowing that things in the CM9 world are getting ready to get a lot faster.
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:56am On Jun 11, 2012
Basically what i just posted above is a version of Custom Android modification called Linaro.

from the above, a linaro build and a stock Google build of Android 4.04 were put to the same benchmarking tests on identical hardware.

The linaro build was done in about 2 minutes, the android build which was started before the linaro build was still running at the end of the video.

android 4.04 is pretty fast, but for you to get code thats 4 times faster!! cheesy

can you imagine how much faster your phone would be running that!!!! no special hardware, no jumping through hoops , no special tweaking!. then imagine also overclocking such a phone!

Sweet sweet Santa, i want a droid Razr Maxx ASAP angry angry angry
Re: Android, Anyone? by kunlebco(m): 11:14am On Jun 11, 2012
LizyL: @kunle so i decided to go with the inspire over the sensation only because of the bigger screen resolution and conformity of the phone in my hand. But i have it unlocked already. Is there a way i can root and and jailbreak it in Nigeria?
check www.phonegg.com/compare/27/HTC-Inspire-4G-vs-HTC-Sensation.html. u will realise that inspire's internal memory is larger than that of sensation. in every other spec, its either they r at par or sensation knocks inspire off. I use the 4G version and I'm so so loving it.
for jail breaking, Google xdadevelopers. u will get useful tips and downloads there. any other issue, u can reach me on kunlebco@yahoo.com
Re: Android, Anyone? by balogunsam(m): 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2012
Lawalmd: @prince Paris I've got a Samsung galaxy s captivate for sale Holla 08091165521

how much is it? u can txt me on 08037638392

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (112)

The Galaxy A Series! / The New USSD Code For Airtel Night Data Plan / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.