Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,553 members, 7,847,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:57 PM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (184017 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 3:29pm On Mar 18, 2011
@na2day
This Pips have seriously gone bananas!! WTF? A self-service-o-meter?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 3:30pm On Mar 18, 2011
Dear spambot, please stop editing my words! angry angry.
Wan-*k-*ometer
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 9:37pm On Mar 18, 2011
texazzpete:

Yes, i get the message you're trying to pass in those screenshots.

too bad for you that the testing company has no admitted that the tests were flawed and did not take into consideration the improvements in iOS Safari browser in iOS 4.3.

let's move away from trolling, shall we?

Euhmmm! Mr. Jobs pete hope u gud too,
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 5:49am On Mar 19, 2011
[size=13pt]Guerrilla Bob, Another Very Nice Game[/size]

Re: Android, Anyone? by shenny(m): 4:09pm On Mar 20, 2011
na2day!:

[size=13pt]Guerrilla Bob, Another Very Nice Game[/size]

@Na2day - i must say kudos to u for ur informative updates, Am a Nokia fan trying to crossover to Android (read a lot about them and just loving it) - have got my eyes fixed on HTC Desire or what do u suggest? - but my problem is i can't seem to find a fair price in Lagos any idea? (seunola@hotmail.com). Thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? by Emmanuelugo(m): 6:05pm On Mar 20, 2011
For me i just love my samsung galaxy s,d phone is just too awesome. smiley wink cheesy
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 10:34pm On Mar 20, 2011
shenny:

@Na2day - i must say kudos to u for your informative updates, Am a Nokia fan trying to crossover to Android (read a lot about them and just loving it) - have got my eyes fixed on HTC Desire or what do u suggest? - but my problem is i can't seem to find a fair price in Lagos any idea? (seunola@hotmail.com). Thanks

Thanks man, the pleasure is mine,
Concerning ur first android, if price is ur concern, may i suggest u buy htc wildfire, its a cheaper version of desire with a lower res screen and lower speed wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by shenny(m): 11:07pm On Mar 20, 2011
na2day!:

Thanks man, the pleasure is mine,
Concerning your first android, if price is your concern, may i suggest u buy htc wildfire, its a cheaper version of desire with a lower res screen and lower speed wink

Thanks Bro - the price would not really be the issue - just need to confirm if i can get it cheaper then what Slot is offering today, And whats your view about Revive Tech offer too? Still legs up for Desire lol
Re: Android, Anyone? by Guddy(m): 12:34pm On Mar 21, 2011
Does android has any educational apps at all cos i've nt seen anytin like dat in dis thread. Apps like dictionaries, text books, readers etc.
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 12:59pm On Mar 21, 2011
The Andriod has a vast amount of Educational Apps also.

Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 3:56pm On Mar 21, 2011
VLC Media Player for Android in 1-2 Months
Work is still underway on an Android version of VLC Media Player, the open source, cross-platform media player that plays just about any kind of file you throw at it, and a beta is expected within a month or two.

This new time frame is pushed back quite a bit from what we'd heard in December, when it was said to be coming in a matter of weeks. In an interview with a German site on March 19, VideoLAN board member Rémi Duraffort provided some detail about why it has taken longer than expected:

"Unfortunately, VLC uses some features from the libc that Bionic does not implement. For this reason we had to add workarounds to be able to compile and run VLC Media Player. It requires time as some of these workarounds are a bit complex."

That's not a reference to the Droid Bionic, but to Bionic, Google's custom C compiler library for Android.

The app is expected to run on Android 1.5+, but will make special use of new audio and video APIs for devices running Gingerbread or higher.

Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 4:14pm On Mar 21, 2011
Can't Wait. grin grin. Best Video App Ever!
Re: Android, Anyone? by ZaBaene(m): 6:01pm On Mar 21, 2011
Thumbs up, peeps. My HTC Desire is awesome. Did all my research before buying. I know about the battery life, too, so I know how to manage it. With such powerful processor (one gig Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor), it's bound to guzzle power. wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 6:00am On Mar 22, 2011
otumfour:

VLC Media Player for Android in 1-2 Months
Work is still underway on an Android version of VLC Media Player, the open source, cross-platform media player that plays just about any kind of file you throw at it, and a beta is expected within a month or two.

This new time frame is pushed back quite a bit from what we'd heard in December, when it was said to be coming in a matter of weeks. In an interview with a German site on March 19, VideoLAN board member Rémi Duraffort provided some detail about why it has taken longer than expected:

"Unfortunately, VLC uses some features from the libc that Bionic does not implement. For this reason we had to add workarounds to be able to compile and run VLC Media Player. It requires time as some of these workarounds are a bit complex."

That's not a reference to the Droid Bionic, but to Bionic, Google's custom C compiler library for Android.

The app is expected to run on Android 1.5+, but will make special use of new audio and video APIs for devices running Gingerbread or higher.

Thanks for the update, we are all eagerly awaiting the best media player in the world grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 22, 2011
@ na2day, thks bro for all the posts. I am really having fun with my SGS, Loads of apps and games.
I have been able to root the phone but my question is, what is the essence of the rooting?
It's performance has been the same pre and post rooting, same apps are still been installed (would appreciate if you can link me with more).
I also installed Titanium Backup, but those apps seems not too useful.

Lastly bro, I need to change my memory card from 8g to 16g. How do I do this without loss of vital data?

Thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 1:49pm On Mar 22, 2011
Just came across this game in the market place called Crazy Snowboard. I suggest you guys give it a try,cos its really really cool!

Re: Android, Anyone? by shenny(m): 5:29pm On Mar 22, 2011
Za-Baene:

Thumbs up, peeps. My HTC Desire is awesome. Did all my research before buying. I know about the battery life, too, so I know how to manage it. With such powerful processor (one gig Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor), it's bound to guzzle power. wink

How much did you get your HTC Desire and Where,
Re: Android, Anyone? by greatgeo(m): 7:39am On Mar 23, 2011
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Android, Anyone? by manitoon: 2:38pm On Mar 23, 2011
I have nexus s and I absolutely love it.
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 5:07pm On Mar 24, 2011
Samsung Officially Unveils the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9

Say what you want about Samsung, but they just continue pumping out mobile products left and right. While we have known about these Galaxy Tabs for awhile, since they were announced at MWC, they were officially announced at CTIA down in Orlando, Florida. Here is a brief overview of the specs of the Galaxy Tabs:

1 GHz Dual Core Processor
Android 3.0 (with Samsung's Touchwiz User Interface)
3.0MP Rear Camera with Flash
2.0MP Front Facing Camera

Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 5:25pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sprint Releases the EVO 3D and EVO View 4G

Come on, you've got to admit it, giving a 3D presentation for a 3D phone is actually quite cool. We're talking about the EVO 3D and the EVO View, the two new EVO devices from Sprint. We've actually learned that EVO stands for 'evolution' and that Sprint's got two new devices. The first device, the EVO 3D, is the successor of the Evo 4G (but sadly without a kickstand). It sports a 3D capable 4.3" qHD screen, 3D recording, dual-core smartphone, and is manufactured by HTC. One can switch between 2D and 3D on the screen which is a rather smart decision, given the fact that 3D can cause people headaches. And here's another feature--it can output 3D content to your 3D TV.

The second device is the EVO View 4G, which is actually just a rebranded HTC Flyer capable of 4G. That means it's a 7" 1.5GHz single-core tablet with HTC Scrybe. Just like the Flyer, it launches with Android 2.4 skinned with HTC Sense, and it will get Honeycomb "as soon as it's ready."

Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 6:08pm On Mar 24, 2011
[flash=800,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSuD45mRl_o&feature=player_embedded[/flash]

sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin gotta luv Android
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 24, 2011
It's like saying you gotta love toyota when you see a bombshell driving it. You gotta love HTC is more like it.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 24, 2011
Thinking of rooting my DHD

scared I might brick it

quite a lot of apps on it as well

anyone got advice
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 11:15pm On Mar 24, 2011
Fortissimo:

It's like saying you gotta love toyota when you see a bombshell driving it. You gotta love HTC is more like it.
undecided will u buy this fon if symbian wuz running on it? Face it mahn, be it SAMMY or HTC? Android's them wht they are now.

"gotta luv Android", btw the topic of this thread says "ANDROID, ANYONE?"
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 12:35am On Mar 25, 2011
Double N:

Just came across this game in the market place called Crazy Snowboard. I suggest you guys give it a try,cos its really really cool!

I dont know why, i'm not getting the crazy snowboard to download, are u sure it has not been pulled?
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 12:41am On Mar 25, 2011
There are two new games i'm playing now, very nice

Air Attack

Ant Smasher
[img]http://xandroid.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/a6a90b6901562725.jpg.jpg[/img]

both very addictive grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 12:54am On Mar 25, 2011
@ otumfour

Those two tablets willl really give ipad2 a run for its money, its thinner and and d pricing is also less, $30 cheaper

Someone is finally noticing the competition grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (112)

The Galaxy A Series! / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data / How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.