Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,546 members, 7,837,092 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister (19295 Views)

SERAP Sues FG Over Failed Chinese $460m Abuja CCTV Project / PDP Mocks Buhari, APC Over Failed Abuja Rally / PDP Mocks Buhari Over 'failed' Abuja Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 24, 2019
Webdeveloper5:

I advice you go into freelancing.
Try develop a dummy website for companies and fed gvt agencies.Then get across to them and market it.
Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by notoriousbabe: 10:44pm On Oct 24, 2019
Buhari and the cabals just dey loot the treasury and deceiving the zombies of fighting corruption. I refused to be deceived

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by SeriouslySense(m): 10:44pm On Oct 24, 2019
hmm
Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 24, 2019
If we talk now,den go say we are witch-hunting.Make una Kontinue.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by gaskiyamagana: 10:46pm On Oct 24, 2019
festacman:
Words fail me. Speechless. Papa Deceive Pikins (PDP).
PROGRESS DERAILING PARTY
PROGRESS DELAYING PARTY
PROSPERITY DECREASING PARTY
P PPPPPPP DDDDDD PPPPPPP!!!!!!
PROBLEM.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by gaskiyamagana: 10:48pm On Oct 24, 2019
notoriousbabe:
Buhari and the cabals just dey loot the treasury and deceiving the zombies of fighting corruption. I refused to be deceived
One of the contractors of the failed project.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by Nwachineke1980: 10:48pm On Oct 24, 2019
I'm sure APC politicians are the criminals that squandered this money, reason why Magu has not made any arrest or Lai Mohammed made any comment.I've always believed that APC is a menace that God has sent to punish Nigerians for our numerous atrocities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by notoriousbabe: 10:51pm On Oct 24, 2019
gaskiyamagana:

One of the contractors of the failed project.
one of the zombies
Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by HowDareU: 10:53pm On Oct 24, 2019
Close Circuit Television (CCTV), it can detect, expose and scan unscrupulous characters around the city; still, be it as it may is very relevant in a capital city like Abuja. However, the insatiable appetite for material gains won't allow square pegs to be put in square holes. Greedy politicians and shady business men will always undermine the process. check my blog for the various security gadgets you can find in the market: www.securitymattersafrica.com
Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by faithfull18(f): 10:55pm On Oct 24, 2019
DonCaxton:

Absolutely correct. See Sri-Lanka and China situation. China used easy loans to practically take over Sri-Lankan vital assets.

But I don't agree that Nigeria is doomed as you say. That questions are being asked now, means we are on the right track. PDP really messed up this country while in power. Not saying APC is any better, but a step at a time, we will get somewhere. If not the promised land, at least somewhere close.
Where was it stated in the write-up that the PDP was in power when the contract was given out?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by DexterousOne(m): 10:57pm On Oct 24, 2019
DonCaxton:

Absolutely correct. See Sri-Lanka and China situation. China used easy loans to practically take over Sri-Lankan vital assets.

But I don't agree that Nigeria is doomed as you say. That questions are being asked now, means we are on the right track. PDP really messed up this country while in power. Not saying APC is any better, but a step at a time, we will get somewhere. If not the promised land, at least somewhere close.

APC have proven to be a worse govt than pdp

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by gaskiyamagana: 10:57pm On Oct 24, 2019
bigpicture001:

U ppl ( apc) hv borrowed nore than a billion dollars so far..lets see wot u do with it
U no read dis tin well, well. Dem say PDP collaborated with Jonathan administration to award Abuja CCTV but d job is not done and Apc and Nigerians are now serving d debt incured from it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by gaskiyamagana: 10:59pm On Oct 24, 2019
notoriousbabe:
one of the zombies
Sai Baba
Sai Buhari
God bless Nigerian
God punish corrupt PDP
God forgive mistaken APC.
Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by voltron14: 11:00pm On Oct 24, 2019
DexterousOne:

APC have proven to be a worse govt than pdp

Dated 2014.

Maybe it was NPN in power then.

Let us ask Shagari.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 24, 2019
faithfull18:

Where was it stated in the write-up that the PDP was in power when the contract was given out?

Thank you for your question. It shows you were paying attention. That's commendable.
Now, kindly read the third paragraph out loud, and explain to this class what you think it means.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by LinkolnTech(m): 11:01pm On Oct 24, 2019
$460 million for CCTV Camera in Abuja alone, pls was the camera installed in each house?

The ones in Lagos are even dead and started falling apart without maintenance culture.

Am sorry to say oh; this country can not be good again.
Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by aspirebig: 11:02pm On Oct 24, 2019
That is why you see most of the white men in our 5*hotels looking for cohorts to syphone money.

They leave their country and come and stay in Naija and you don't know their job.

Go to Abuja, Lagos, PH, and other major cities, you will see them.Some even drive with convoy, they sign contracts and never execute them,but just collect the money and disappears.

Everyday you hear these money being stolen, and nobody is being jailed.

If Nigeria will work again, the youths should hold ALL politicians accountable, from councillors, to LG chairman, to Governors,then scrap all those special assistance ....that is rubbish. All SAs are not relevant.They all add up to cost of governance.....

Nigeria runs one of the most expensive governance in the world....with so many funny funny big big positions without clarified job roles or functions, people just take these positions as joke and they keep milking the national resources dry.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by notoriousbabe: 11:05pm On Oct 24, 2019
gaskiyamagana:

Sai Baba
Sai Buhari
God bless Nigerian
God punish corrupt PDP
God forgive mistaken APC.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:05pm On Oct 24, 2019
yes we all remember it was during Former president Jonathan tenure...but if you dig deep now, someone from the south south will say you are witch hunting!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by Xbee007(m): 11:08pm On Oct 24, 2019
The phantom project was not meant to be successful to the with and a lot of Nigerians also sabotaged the CCTV cameras.

Even the CCTV cameras recently being installed on pedestrian bridges are now being stolen.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 24, 2019
kayusely70:
CCTV installed in Abuja but were allegedly later vandalized by hoodlums.
then why not make the hoodlums an example so others will learn.common cctv nigeria cant even install it with success.what a shame.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by Ferdinandu(m): 11:10pm On Oct 24, 2019
If we don't stop these idiots from mortgaging our future to Chinese even if it means using cutlasses and hoes to construct our roads and airports then we are doomed for good. The Chinese are the most cunning homo sapiens ever to step foot on this mother earth. I saw where the ignorant stupid minister said that they have Nigerians working with the Chinese in the airport project, which Nigerians? In the Abuja airport project I know the only Nigerians working there are security men and labourers,and one or two guys that I know that the only reason they were employed there, is because they can speak fluent Chinese to help, because most Chinese there can't even make a sentence in English.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 24, 2019
Xbee007:
The phantom project was not meant to be successful to the with and a lot of Nigerians also sabotaged the CCTV cameras.

Even the CCTV cameras recently being installed on pedestrian bridges are now being stolen.
in a country where things work if govt install cctv the govt hires ppl to maintain it and instill discipline on any vandal who dares vandalise anything.in naija everything is taken for granted.i am even very sure the govt imported obsolete cctv cameras.no be nigeria again cheesy
Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by Scholes007(m): 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2019
I have always had this diabolical view of this Chinese win win strategies. Is about time we demand to know the full terms of the loan agreements with China.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 11:35pm On Oct 24, 2019
Sunofgod:
Chinese DEBT TRAP.......please Google it to see the countries that have so far fallen victims!

Nigeria is doomed! We have more debts than assets!

Soon we must start defaulting on all these loans - and then assets get seized.
well,the assets are in the SW and North.
Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by contigiency(m): 11:52pm On Oct 24, 2019
This is just one of the mess left by the so called technocrats who new it all when they ruled this country and everything was working. Jonathan, technocrats and PDP my foots. What a rot. 460 million dollars!! And you turn to blame the government that is cleaning up all your mess saying you left a bouyant working economy. Tufiakwa!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by nextstep(m): 12:06am On Oct 25, 2019
What did I tell you? Nigeria and CCTV ... forget we don't have working traffic lights in most of our streets... street light that is just a bulb... talk less of camera. grin grin grin

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by Oyinlomobambam(m): 12:18am On Oct 25, 2019
Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by MobilityExpress: 12:23am On Oct 25, 2019
It is God that will surely punish PDP, and these are the same crooks some mumu people wanted to come back with Atikulooter sad
Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by chukxie(m): 12:57am On Oct 25, 2019
Sunofgod:
Chinese DEBT TRAP.......please Google it to see the countries that have so far fallen victims!

Nigeria is doomed! We have more debts than assets!

Soon we must start defaulting on all these loans - and then assets get seized.

Did the Chinese aporoach stupid Nigeria and other Africa countries taking unnecessary Chinese loans to come take loans? Were the loans forced down the throats of Nigeria? Our leaders flew to China to beg for loans for projects Nigeria has the money to execute in the first place. I'm neither an economist nor a financial expert but common sense tells me Nigeria has enough money to execute any projects it wants. Borrowing isn't a problem per se, every country borrows, even mighty America borrows. The difference however is that while progressive countries utilize loans judiciously because in such countries accountability matters a lot, our leaders pocket a huge chunk of the loans for their own personal use. So, bro, do not blame China for the mistakes, miscalculations of your leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Servicing $460 Million Loan For Failed Abuja CCTV Project — Minister by CodeTemplar: 1:04am On Oct 25, 2019
looting and mismanagement of public fund gets to page 2 but Oyedepo coming to the rescue of the public by fixing roads gets to page 7 effortlessly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Details Of What Buhari And Buni Discussed During Their Close Door Meeting / APC 2023 Presidential Primary: Kayode Fayemi As The Way Out By Alaba Osatuyi / Rachel And David Umahi's Throwback Wedding Photo, Mark 26th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.