Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,880 members, 7,813,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. (1682 Views)

Lady Told Boyfriend She Loves Horses; He Got Porsche Cayenne Turbo541 Horsepower / Even If She Allows You Do This At The Club & Says No When You Get Home No Is No! / She Deflowered Me, Says No Sex Anymore As She Turns Born-Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by Iamhumble: 10:48am On Oct 25, 2019
I've dated my fiancee for close to two years now and we've got deep in love with each other.

I had even paid the mum a familiarization visit with my friend. And we were well received. Then she was still in the north serving. She was a corps member.

We had even planned that, when she returned, next was to meet the dad. And if possible, even pick a date for nikka. Cos I'm all out ready.

Now she is back home fully.

And on our first meeting, she told me: "My dad says our marriage is not going to work out. That you will leave me."

Right now, I've been thinking about several things.

Please guys, I need your advice. This is too heavy on me.
Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by AdaAde(f): 10:52am On Oct 25, 2019
Did you ask her why her father believes your relationship with his daughter won't last?
If yes, kindly tell us, and wait for Nairaland elders to handle the matter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by Iamhumble: 10:53am On Oct 25, 2019
Please someone should give some useful advice here. Waiting. Thanks.
Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by seniorgozman(m): 10:56am On Oct 25, 2019
Get the Dad what he likes most and you are good to go

1 Like

Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by Iamhumble: 10:57am On Oct 25, 2019
AdaAde:
Did you ask her why her father believes your relationship with his daughter won't last?
If yes, kindly tell us, and wait for Nairaland elders to handle the matter.

Thank you for the question my sister. Yes o, I did.

She said, reluctantly, that her father said they had checked it. And it was said that I will leave her eventually.

The thing weak me aswear.
Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by Iamhumble: 10:59am On Oct 25, 2019
seniorgozman:
Get the Dad what he likes most and you are good to go

Like seriously? Will this work? Hmm.

Okay thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.
Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by Iamhumble: 11:09am On Oct 25, 2019
Please more advice please.
Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by Emescot(m): 11:45am On Oct 25, 2019
How old is the said girl?
Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
tell her to ask her foolish father what else does he see in his crystal ball?!
Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by Easybela(f): 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2019
undecided it seems your woman feels less concerned, if not,what has she done to oppose her dad , its her battle and not yours but if she feels less concerned then why are you worried, it simply means she doesn't care.
My mum opposed my choice of a hubby because I had 2 "abroad based" suitors,without even telling hubby, I battled my mum till she gave her consent. If she can't fix her dad,look elsewhere. The battle isn't yours.

4 Likes

Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by physise(m): 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2019
Same thing happened to me.. Her dad wants her to marry someone from her tribe. He told her she's wasting her time dating someone like me because he won't approve the marriage and all. Well I got my heart broken last month. If your girl isn't willing to fight for you like mine, just try and move on because the breakup is around the corner. It's going to hurt but all the best.

2 Likes

Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by Iamhumble: 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2019
Emescot:
How old is the said girl?

Thanks. She is 24.
Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by Iamhumble: 3:07pm On Oct 25, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
tell her to ask her foolish father what else does he see in his crystal ball?!

Sorry sir, her father, is not, from the look of things, stupid. And I don't think I can ask him such a question. Thanks.
Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by Iamhumble: 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2019
Easybela:
undecided it seems your woman feels less concerned, if not,what has she done to oppose her dad , its her battle and not yours but if she feels less concerned then why are you worried, it simply means she doesn't care.
My mum opposed my choice of a hubby because I had 2 "abroad based" suitors,without even telling hubby, I battled my mum till she gave her consent. If she can't fix her dad,look elsewhere. The battle isn't yours.

Wow, words of wisdom. Thank you very much.

This is the opinion shared by many. Even my friend just told me that right here before checking this message.

And before now, I was so tough on her and nearly choked her literally, asking what role she has played so far in this.

She looks disturbed too, but I don't think she approves of the move by her dad. She is, I believe, deeply in love too.
Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2019
Iamhumble:
Sorry sir, her father, is not, from the look of things, stupid. And I don't think I can ask him such a question. Thanks.

well, what do you think of the father's deluded vision then? you can either accept it or face the father and dismiss his deluded claim. choice is yours.
Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by Iamhumble: 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2019
physise:
Same thing happened to me.. Her dad wants her to marry someone from her tribe. He told her she's wasting her time dating someone like me because he won't approve the marriage and all. Well I got my heart broken last month. If your girl isn't willing to fight for you like mine, just try and move on because the breakup is around the corner. It's going to hurt but all the best.

Hmm. God forbid bad thing! I don't wish to lose this relationship. And I don't think she wants to too, at least from my observation so far.

But what I don't understand now is why would the father allow me come visit and the mother appeared hospitable when this issue had lingered. Yes, she told me it's been there when she came home during her first NYSC break.

I can't just focus right now.

I'm an online person and you know how much one needs to concentrate less make silly, avoidable mistakes.

Thanks for your inputs. More please.
Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by Iamhumble: 3:21pm On Oct 25, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

well, what do you think of the father's deluded vision then? you can either accept it or face the father and dismiss his deluded claim. choice is yours.

Hmm. I don't even know.

I don't want to be tempted to think that they must have done some funny Alfa-ish consultation where he must have been bamboozled with such cliches like "they are not compatible." "problems will happen in the future if they get married." and all that kind of emptiness.
Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2019
Iamhumble:

Hmm. I don't even know.

I don't want to be tempted to think that they must have done some funny Alfa-ish consultation where he must have been bamboozled with such cliches like "they are not compatible." "problems will happen in the future if they get married." and all that kind of emptiness.

sadly thats what it is, and if you believe strongly about this girl, then STAND for what you believe and face these archaic practices head on. stand up to the father and whoever said you were no good for that babe.

1 Like

Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by Iamhumble: 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

sadly thats what it is, and if you believe strongly about this girl, then STAND for what you believe and face these archaic practices head on. stand up to the father and whoever said you were no good for that babe.

Thanks man. This is my position too.

But, really, we all know the powerful role of a father in any relationship.

I don't want my kind of marriage to be built on words like, whatever comes out of it in the future, we will remind her that, we warned her.

No, I don't want that kind of marriage.

Besides, Islamically, no marriage is valid without the full approval of the parents, especially the father.
Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:33pm On Oct 25, 2019
Iamhumble:

Thanks man. This is my position too.

But, really, we all know the powerful role of a father in any relationship.

I don't want my kind of marriage to be built on words like, whatever comes out of it in the future, we will remind her that, we warned her.

No, I don't want that kind of marriage.

Besides, Islamically, no marriage is valid without the full approval of the parents, especially the father.

go for what you believe in, man... forget about the rest! whatever the father thinks of you, prove him wrong.
you cant marry this babe until the father approves, so if you cant prove him wrong, then at least let him know exactly how you feel.

as for what the future brings, dont sweat it and just be the best man you can ever be. basta!

1 Like

Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by Iamhumble: 3:34pm On Oct 25, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

go for what you believe in, man... forget about the rest! whatever the father thiks of you, prove him wrong.
you cant marry this babe until the father approves, so if you cant prove him wrong, then at least let him know exactly how you feel.

as for what the future brings, dont sweat it and just be the best man you can ever be. basta!

Thank you very much.
Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by Starz825(m): 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2019
Iamhumble:

She said, reluctantly, that her father said they had checked it. And it was said that I will leave her eventually.

Let them keep checking it till she clocks 44
Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
24 years old child can't dictate her own future?

Prove nothing my friend just move on.

U are even trying to bundle one family problem on urself and here they are giving conditions. They should marry their daughter jhoor.

Marriage between same tribes do crash, between different tribes do crash.
Even between the supposed and least expect Inlaws still crash.

It's up to ur girl and if she can't defend u. Quitely Park, let whom they are well pleased come marry and wish her well.

1 Like

Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by JERRY1925(m): 9:04pm On Oct 25, 2019
Your own even better.
Mum is fine with you. Dad isn't .
Work with the mum and everything will be fine.. They would both work things out in the oza room.
Mine, both parents are not in support.. just because we not same tribe.
Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by bukatyne(f): 9:40pm On Oct 25, 2019
Iamhumble:

Hmm. God forbid bad thing! I don't wish to lose this relationship. And I don't think she wants to too, at least from my observation so far.

But what I don't understand now is why would the father allow me come visit and the mother appeared hospitable when this issue had lingered. Yes, she told me it's been there when she came home during her first NYSC break.

I can't just focus right now.

I'm an online person and you know how much one needs to concentrate less make silly, avoidable mistakes.

Thanks for your inputs. More please.

Have you ever met with the father?

Has he personally given you his disapproval?

I find it strange that the father said it would not work and was still fine with you visiting his wife her mother.

A lot of things might be in play:

1. Your girl has met someone else and because of what you have invested in the relationship, she is using her dad knowing the importance of his consent in your religion.

2. The father truly disapproved however, her mom is trying to work on him.

3. The father try disapproved however daughter and mom are still stringing you along because of what you bring to the table.

4. The girl is testing your persistence or your desire of her. All these romcoms put ideas in people's heads.

Please find a way to get the father's actual opinion.

Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by DonHummer(m): 11:03pm On Oct 25, 2019
Iamhumble:

The guy man has consulted the oracle..
I don't blame the father though..most of our parents make such move on our behalf. if you know you know
Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by Lamanii22(f): 11:34pm On Oct 25, 2019
Awwwwn.... Maybe the man is a spiritual someone, and he solely believes in it... Maybe you should pray too.. What religion do you practise?

1 Like

Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by Iamhumble: 7:23am On Oct 26, 2019
DonHummer:

The guy man has consulted the oracle..
I don't blame the father though..most of our parents make such move on our behalf. if you know you know

Hmmm. Even when that decision will hurt the child?
Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by Iamhumble: 7:24am On Oct 26, 2019
Lamanii22:
Awwwwn.... Maybe the man is a spiritual someone, and he solely believes in it... Maybe you should pray too.. What religion do you practise?

Thank you. We are Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by Rajman45(m): 7:37am On Oct 26, 2019
If her dad don't want u and ur girl is not able to convince him otherwise .... My brother, waka. Find another girl marry.

1 Like

Re: Help! She Loves Him But Her Father Says No. by djoe21(m): 8:01am On Oct 26, 2019
Bro don't sweat it and be desperate. Just do the best you can and keep praying objectively about it. I can assure you that whatever will be the final outcome, will be to your own favour.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Me! MY GF Has Overthrown Me. / Why Do Men RAPE, Seriously?....air Your View!!!! / What Does It Mean When A Man Sees You And Begins Rubbing His Head?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.