Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,992 members, 7,859,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:34 PM

Do You Regret Moving Abroad? - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (41606 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / Do You Regret Living Abroad??? / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (34) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 15, 2010
buzugee:

relax there my friend. my purpose of posting those pics is to serve one purpose, and only one purpose, to show all these naysayers that nigeria is a beautiful country to live in. all this doom and gloom from you guys is skewing the true picture of what nigeria really is. and that is a very vibrant country with numerous potential. all those people who are suffering in nigeria ? they need to carve out their own niche. stop waiting for someone else to do it for you. there are several villages in naija where they are crying that they dont have water and all their kids are literarily dying of thirst. whose fault is that ? well in all those villages, some teenagers from canada via the peace corp and NGO, went to those villages and dug a borehole and VOILA?? decades of thirst and dying fromt thirst was resolved in 30 minutes by a couple of teenagers from canada. so who really is to blame ? the people who are unresourceful or the govt ? for bragging rights
True. Anyway I am certain that these whiners and moaners did not actually leave Nigeria merely because of generic light and water issues but for the tangible personal benefits that such a move would bring to them.
I would not base my coming back to Nigeria, if at all, on such mundane easily-resolved generic issues but only if such a move would be to my own personal advantage.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by darkman200: 8:14pm On Nov 15, 2010
buzugee:

relax there my friend. my purpose of posting those pics is to serve one purpose, and only one purpose, to show all these naysayers that nigeria is a beautiful country to live in. all this doom and gloom from you guys is skewing the true picture of what nigeria really is. and that is a very vibrant country with numerous potential. all those people who are suffering in nigeria ? they need to carve out their own niche. stop waiting for someone else to do it for you. there are several villages in naija where they are crying that they dont have water and all their kids are literarily dying of thirst. whose fault is that ? well in all those villages, some teenagers from canada via the peace corp and NGO, went to those villages and dug a borehole and VOILA?? decades of thirst and dying fromt thirst was resolved in 30 minutes by a couple of teenagers from canada. so who really is to blame ? the people who are unresourceful or the govt ? see nigerians in nigeria are only using a minuscle portion of their brains and i can guarantee you that if these people used a nice chunk of their brains ? the thing that makes millions of white and chinese and other foreigners  troop into nigeria for on a daily basis ? they will eventually see those opportunities too. only then can nigeria be great. nigeria is a country that needs to be built from the ground up. not from the top to the bottom. people need to take responsibility for their lives. this is the internet age. just yesterday i posted a link on how to make a DIY solar panel by yourself. this will eliminate your light problems. you have to be resourceful to survive. nigerians as a whole are not resourceful people. we always like the easy way out. therein lies our problem. naija is a paradise waiting to explode. do your part. fill in the gap. make una siddon there dey collect worthless masters and phd for bragging rights

those pictures are not my reality. i am 'suffering' abroad like thousands of nigerian expatriate. so get it right now  grin

Why don't you simply lead by example? Look dude! i admire the passion you have for Nigeria,  but each time you attack people living abroad for not staying back in Nigeria, the point is lost. We are all praying for Nigeria so stop making it sound like we wish our country bad. Living in a nice house is not an indicator of good living, what about the health-care, colleges, security just to name a few (I remember trying to obtain my academic transcript from my Nigerian Alma Mater- It was hell, in the US- I simply logged on to the school web page and printed same). You graduate from a Nigerian University and your bachelors degree is worth crap even within Nigeria. Why did Shell Nigeria has to retrain Nigerian graduates by making then go through the Shell Intensive Training Program  in Warri? They told us Nigerian university education is unreliable, so they take the best of the best of the graduates and had to start re-training them all over- I went through the one year crashed training before starting work. So much confidence in the system huh?- You have been told in this forum many times, everyone has a reason for his choices, many of the so called comfortable guys in Nigeria are all eventually shipping themselves and their families out of the place, many of my colleagues from Shell Nigeria are scattered all over the world for whatever reason, i only know my reason for leaving and as much as i respect your passion, stop dissing others, it only belittles you and i sincerely think you are smarter than that. Now i won't say that about vistax1- that one is simply stoopid. Many people say things to brag but don't assume everyone does that or has the intention of doing that, what will bragging on NL do for me- I can't even find a girl on here after several attempts angry
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Mayshowers: 8:45pm On Nov 15, 2010
tensor777:

You're joking of courseNow that is a totally unguarded comment. If you left Nigeria was it not for the perceived positive benefits you would gain and not merely because of your own jaundiced views on Nigeria? After all foreigners are trooping into the same Nigeria everyday for their own perceived benefits regardless of what some disgruntled elements may feel about the country.

OK dude,no offense meant but that is exactly the way I feel.However if you think Nigeria has become some kind of economic Mecca for foreigners, why don't you pack your things and head back home,what are u still doing in England?
And before I forget,good-luck with the kidnappers.You seriously either need a reality check or just avoiding the truth.

While I still pray for dear motherland,I will call a spade a spade.The truth is we need help, the country is falling apart!What make up a good nation is not a few rich individuals or some isolated mansions but the collective wealth of the people;the ability to have the basic things of life-the very things that have become luxury in Nigeria.Tell me is this the way they run things in England?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 15, 2010
Mayshowers:

OK dude,no offense meant but that is exactly the way I feel.However if you think Nigeria has become some kind of economic Mecca for foreigners, why don't you pack your things and head back home,what are u still doing in England?
And before I forget,good-luck with the kidnappers.You seriously either need a reality check or just avoiding the truth.
Let me be upfront with you and say I did not leave Nigeria because of these random generic issues you mentioned and what more I won't contemplate going back to Nigeria for now even if it has first class infrastructure.
It is strictly about how the move benefits me as a person and is continuing to benefit me.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by GL(f): 9:09pm On Nov 15, 2010
buzugee:

relax there my friend. my purpose of posting those pics is to serve one purpose, and only one purpose, to show all these naysayers that nigeria is a beautiful country to live in. all this doom and gloom from you guys is skewing the true picture of what nigeria really is. and that is a very vibrant country with numerous potential. all those people who are suffering in nigeria ? they need to carve out their own niche. stop waiting for someone else to do it for you. t[b]here are several villages in naija where they are crying that they dont have water and all their kids are literarily dying of thirst. whose fault is that ? well in all those villages, some teenagers from canada via the peace corp and NGO, went to those villages and dug a borehole and VOILA?? decades of thirst and dying fromt thirst was resolved in 30 minutes by a couple of teenagers from canada. so who really is to blame ? the people who are unresourceful or the govt ?[/b] see nigerians in nigeria are only using a minuscle portion of their brains and i can guarantee you that if these people used a nice chunk of their brains ? the thing that makes millions of white and chinese and other foreigners  troop into nigeria for on a daily basis ? they will eventually see those opportunities too. only then can nigeria be great. nigeria is a country that needs to be built from the ground up. not from the top to the bottom. people need to take responsibility for their lives. this is the internet age. just yesterday i posted a link on how to make a DIY solar panel by yourself. this will eliminate your light problems. you have to be resourceful to survive. nigerians as a whole are not resourceful people. we always like the easy way out. therein lies our problem. naija is a paradise waiting to explode. do your part. fill in the gap. make una siddon there dey collect worthless masters and phd for bragging rights

those pictures are not my reality. i am 'suffering' abroad like thousands of nigerian expatriate. so get it right now  grin

surely, you know that the bottomline of the borehole issue was money and not skill. the canadian teenagers had funding, the villagers didn't. this is basically the same issue people are complaining about. the villagers could have protested all they liked, money could have even been allocated towards the provision of water, but at the end of the day the money would have been used to build a mansion for the local government chairman. it's the same story all over again.

the foreigners coming to nigeria are mostly coming to work in multinational companies, in positions that are largely reserved for expatriates. those coming to invest come with more money than the average nigerian has. many nigerians studying abroad try to get jobs as expatriates so they can earn so much more than they would as residents. there's only so much DIYs as one can do. it's not easy to be a government to yourself and still hustle for a living.

70% of nigerians are supposedly living below 1 dollar a day, that's hell on earth. let's just be thankful that we're not like them, but we mustn't thumb our noses down at them. to imply that they remain poor because they are unresourceful and lazy (mentally or otherwise) is derisive. nigeria might be a paradise waiting to explode and full of opportunities, but how accessible are these opportunities to the people on the lowest rung of the social ladder.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Mayshowers: 9:10pm On Nov 15, 2010
tensor777:

Let me be upfront with you and say I did not leave Nigeria because of these random generic issues you mentioned and what more I won't contemplate going back to Nigeria  for now even if it has first class infrastructure.
It is strictly about how the move benefits me as a person and is continuing to benefit me.

Dude, its as obvious as the nose on your face that you have no clue about what we are talking about here.A word of advise: try to read through your last 5 posts on this topic- you seem to be shooting yourself in the foot all the time.I rest my case.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by OvieE: 9:23pm On Nov 15, 2010
buzugee:

relax there my friend. my purpose of posting those pics is to serve one purpose, and only one purpose, to show all these naysayers that Nigeria is a beautiful country to live in. all this doom and gloom from you guys is skewing the true picture of what Nigeria really is. and that is a very vibrant country with numerous potential. all those people who are suffering in Nigeria ? they need to carve out their own niche. stop waiting for someone else to do it for you. there are several villages in NCAA where they are crying that they dint have water and all their kids are literary dying of thirst. whose fault is that ? well in all those villages, some teenagers from Canada via the peace corp and NO, went to those villages and dug a borehole and VOILA?? decades of thirst and dying fro mt thirst was resolved in 30 minutes by a couple of teenagers from Canada. so who really is to blame ? the people who are incisively or the govt ? see Nigerians in Nigeria are only using a minuscule portion of their brains and i can guarantee you that if these people used a nice chunk of their brains ? the thing that makes millions of white and Chinese and other foreigners  troop into Nigeria for on a daily basis ? they will eventually see those opportunities too. only then can Nigeria be great. Nigeria is a country that needs to be built from the ground up. not from the top to the bottom. people need to take responsibility for their lives. this is the internet age. just yesterday i posted a link on how to make a DOY solar panel by yourself. this will eliminate your light problems. you have to be resourceful to survive. Nigerians as a whole are not resourceful people. we always like the easy way out. therein lies our problem. NCAA is a paradise waiting to explode. do your part. fill in the gap. make Una sodden there dewy collect worthless masters and PhD for bragging rights

those pictures are not my reality. i am suffering abroad like thousands of Nigerian expatriate. so get it right now grin

Then don't post pix of few good house to make your family look good because it makes no sense. You mean you are struggling in abroad and here your putted pictures of your so call uncles enjoying. What a life. GREEDY UNCLES WILL CALL YOU FOR MONEY OR HELP THEM BUY THOSE CARS, LABTOPS, JEWERIES FROM ABROAD ETC.
If your are speaking of a young boys from Canada what concern me. This Canadians did not just come to that village; they were supported by people including there communities for trying to do something good. But try doing that in your own village, your own people will tell that you are sick. They people should use their brain without any help from the so call government. Tell me, how do they suppose to do it. Only the rich get loan and they never payback despite stealing from the nation worth.

A country where your own neighbor will look down on you and treat you as a second class citizen all because you can from a poor family and not living according to their standard. Your own people will get a contract to do good thing for their own country and once they collect money, they abandoned the project.

Is a pity to say the area I bold. Which white people troop to Nigeria. Your must be kidding. Compare those people that troop to Nigeria to Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, Morocco, South Africa, Senegal or Egypt to received people most. The few foreigner that got to Nigeria bribe their way to get contract and then to their country.

You do not make anysence to me so I will drop our conversation.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 15, 2010
Mayshowers:

Dude, its as obvious as the nose on your face that you have no clue about what we are talking about here.A word of advise: try to read through your last 5 posts on this topic- you seem to be shooting yourself in the foot all the time.I rest my case.
Well I don't blame you for being confused as you seem to have another agenda for posting here- namely to engage in a generalised whinge-fest.
I won't be drawn into such a pointless game.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by OvieE: 9:38pm On Nov 15, 2010
GL:

surely, you know that the bottomline of the borehole issue was money and not skill. the Canadian teenagers had funding, the villagers didn't. this is basically the same issue people are complaining about. the villagers could have protested all they liked, money could have even been allocated towards the provision of water, but at the end of the day the money would have been used to build a mansion for the local government chairman. it's the same story all over again.

the foreigners coming to Nigeria are mostly coming to work in multinational companies, in positions that are largely reserved for expatriates. those coming to invest come with more money than the average Nigerian has. many Nigerians studying abroad try to get jobs as expatriates so they can earn so much more than they would as residents. there's only so much Dis as one can do. it's not easy to be a government to yourself and still hustle for a living.

70% of Nigerians are supposedly living below 1 dollar a day, that's hell on earth. let's just be thankful that we're not like them, but we mustn't thumb our noses down at them. to imply that they remain poor because they are incisively and lazy (mentally or otherwise) is derisive. Nigeria might be a paradise waiting to explode and full of opportunities, but how accessible are these opportunities to the people on the lowest rung of the social ladder.

Good job.

I bolded funding because that is the key point. On my own, I bolded Support because it comes down to money thing. As for bolding the multinational companies, this one thing most people do not get. This whites people only come once in months to see what the worker have done. They come sign necessary papers and then off the plane. Because their pay always direct to bank account. Also some of this white people goes their with connection of the so call good citizens and patriotism of Nigeria to sign contrations. After collection money and they run. The so call Nigeria loyalty will use their part to send their kids to abroad.

At GL good job.

At buzugee your brain just comfirm the idiot you are.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by OvieE: 9:55pm On Nov 15, 2010
MUST READ BY EVERYONE MORE ESPECIALLY @ buzugee

YOU CALL THIS A COUNTRY. WHERE YOU ARE STRUGGLING TODAY, DO WOMEN OFFER THEIR BODY FOR JOB.

CLICK ON THAT LINK BELOW THAT READ.

I quit because most clients want bank marketers to offer their bodies - Joke Adegun

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/nov/14/803.html

I WONDER WHY THIS THREAD HAS NOT MAKE FRONT PAGE.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 15, 2010
GL:

surely, you know that the bottomline of the borehole issue was money and not skill. the canadian teenagers had funding, the villagers didn't. this is basically the same issue people are complaining about. the villagers could have protested all they liked, money could have even been allocated towards the provision of water, but at the end of the day the money would have been used to build a mansion for the local government chairman. it's the same story all over again.
the foreigners coming to nigeria are mostly coming to work in multinational companies, in positions that are largely reserved for expatriates. those coming to invest come with more money than the average nigerian has. many nigerians studying abroad try to get jobs as expatriates so they can earn so much more than they would as residents. there's only so much DIYs as one can do. it's not easy to be a government to yourself and still hustle for a living.
70% of nigerians are supposedly living below 1 dollar a day, that's hell on earth. let's just be thankful that we're not like them, but we mustn't thumb our noses down at them. to imply that they remain poor because they are unresourceful and lazy (mentally or otherwise) is derisive. nigeria might be a paradise waiting to explode and full of opportunities, but how accessible are these opportunities to the people on the lowest rung of the social ladder.
That's just myopic. The key issues were in fact skill and knowledge, application of that knowledge and skill towards solving a specific practical problem and the organization and resources that would bring the project to a successful conclusion. Its not just about money. Ignorance remains the greatest impediment to progress in the rural areas.
In any case is what he mentioned not much more positive and useful than all this senseless whining and moaning you have been doing here?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 10:53pm On Nov 15, 2010
tensor777:

True. Anyway I am certain that these whiners and moaners did not actually leave Nigeria merely because of generic light and water issues but for the tangible personal benefits that such a move would bring to them.
I would not base my coming back to Nigeria, if at all, on such mundane easily-resolved generic issues but only if such a move would be to my own personal advantage.
right right
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 10:57pm On Nov 15, 2010
darkman200:

Why don't you simply lead by example? Look dude! i admire the passion you have for Nigeria,  but each time you attack people living abroad for not staying back in Nigeria, the point is lost. We are all praying for Nigeria so stop making it sound like we wish our country bad. Living in a nice house is not an indicator of good living, what about the health-care, colleges, security just to name a few (I remember trying to obtain my academic transcript from my Nigerian Alma Mater- It was hell, in the US- I simply logged on to the school web page and printed same). You graduate from a Nigerian University and your bachelors degree is worth crap even within Nigeria. Why did Shell Nigeria has to retrain Nigerian graduates by making then go through the Shell Intensive Training Program  in Warri? They told us Nigerian university education is unreliable, so they take the best of the best of the graduates and had to start re-training them all over- I went through the one year crashed training before starting work. So much confidence in the system huh?- You have been told in this forum many times, everyone has a reason for his choices, many of the so called comfortable guys in Nigeria are all eventually shipping themselves and their families out of the place, many of my colleagues from Shell Nigeria are scattered all over the world for whatever reason, i only know my reason for leaving and as much as i respect your passion, stop dissing others, it only belittles you and i sincerely think you are smarter than that. Now i won't say that about vistax1- that one is simply stoopid. Many people say things to brag but don't assume everyone does that or has the intention of doing that, what will bragging on NL do for me- I can't even find a girl on here after several attempts  angry
i think you got the premise of my argument wrong. i am happy for people to chose anywhere in the world to live. thats there prerogative. it is your life to do as you wish. the only argument i am making is against those who say nigeria is crap. i am simply trying to tell them that naija is not crap. thats my only argument. i got nothing against people living in the uk or america. just dont start acting ignorant because you are eating fish and chips  grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by GL(f): 11:00pm On Nov 15, 2010
tensor777:

That's just myopic. The key issues were in fact skill and knowledge, application of that knowledge and skill towards solving a specific practical problem and the organization and resources that would bring the project to a successful conclusion. Its not just about money. Ignorance remains the greatest impediment to progress in the rural areas.

did the canadians bring the borehole drilling equipment from canada or did they use a nigerian drilling company? if you really believe the stuff you wrote up there, then you've lost touch with nigeria. you should go and find out how things work in the rural areas.

what's myopic is looking for 'positive' and ignoring the glaring issues staring the nation in the face.

tensor777:

In any case is what he mentioned not much more positive and useful than all this senseless whining and moaning you have been doing here?

i wonder if you realize how immature unprovoked attacks are, especially in a faceless community like this.

like i said to another poster, there's no need to take these posts personal. we're all nigerians, and we all partake in the country's gains & pains. more importantly, i've not had a post directed at you before this.

we're here to air our views and you're going to see a lot of posts you disagree with. learn to deal with them without being overly sensitive.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by REALTRUTH1: 11:07pm On Nov 15, 2010
buzugee:

dunno bout yall but nigeria is looking sexy these days. let me post some facebook pics.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Until 1% of the people in the link below in Nigeria can adequately rent and maintain 2 bedrooms,,,,that is when I would believe ur story,,,
Besides,, there are far much more beautiful house in Hait and Togo than the ones you posted. Its very unfortunate that you would go this extent to convince people that Nigeria is now heaven on earth,,,,
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 15, 2010
GL:

did the canadians bring the borehole drilling equipment from canada or did they use a nigerian drilling company? if you really believe the stuff you wrote up there, then you've lost touch with nigeria. you should go and find out how things work in the rural areas.
what's myopic is looking for 'positive' and ignoring the glaring issues staring the nation in the face.
Well is that the salient issue you could grasp from the story? The country of manufacture of the equipment they used?
Not the volunteer spirit of the youths, the mobilisation of resources both human and material, and the solution of a 30 year problem? .
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by OvieE: 11:16pm On Nov 15, 2010
REAL TRUTH:

Until 1% of the people in the link below in Nigeria can adequately rent and maintain 2 bedrooms,,,,that is when I would believe your story,,,
Besides,, there are far much more beautiful house in Hait and Togo than the ones you posted. Its very unfortunate that you would go this extent to convince people that Nigeria is now heaven on earth,,,,

@  buzugee  you see your life,
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 11:17pm On Nov 15, 2010
OvieE:

Then don't post pix of few good house to make your family look good because it makes no sense. You mean you are struggling in abroad and here your putted pictures of your so call uncles enjoying. What a life. GREEDY UNCLES WILL CALL YOU FOR MONEY OR HELP THEM BUY THOSE CARS, LABTOPS, JEWERIES FROM ABROAD ETC.
If your are speaking of a young boys from Canada what concern me. This Canadians did not just come to that village; they were supported by people including there communities for trying to do something good. But try doing that in your own village, your own people will tell that you are sick. They people should use their brain without any help from the so call government. Tell me, how do they suppose to do it. Only the rich get loan and they never payback despite stealing from the nation worth.

A country where your own neighbor will look down on you and treat you as a second class citizen all because you can from a poor family and not living according to their standard. Your own people will get a contract to do good thing for their own country and once they collect money, they abandoned the project.

Is a pity to say the area I bold. Which white people troop to Nigeria. Your must be kidding. Compare those people that troop to Nigeria to Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, Morocco, South Africa, Senegal or Egypt to received people most. The few foreigner that got to Nigeria bribe their way to get contract and then to their country.

You do not make anysence to me so I will drop our conversation.
grin grin grin ok i hear you ovie. nothing do you grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by REALTRUTH1: 11:19pm On Nov 15, 2010
@ Buzugee,,, What do you think about these young nigerians who are massively unemployed without any social security??
Pls check this link,,,,   https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-550907.0.html
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 11:20pm On Nov 15, 2010
GL:

ya post just reeks of 'excuses' 'excuses' and then more 'excuses'  grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 11:26pm On Nov 15, 2010
OvieE:

MUST READ BY EVERYONE MORE ESPECIALLY @ buzugee

YOU CALL THIS A COUNTRY. WHERE YOU ARE STRUGGLING TODAY, DO WOMEN OFFER THEIR BODY FOR JOB.

CLICK ON THAT LINK BELOW THAT READ.

I quit because most clients want bank marketers to offer their bodies - Joke Adegun

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/nov/14/803.html

I WONDER WHY THIS THREAD HAS NOT MAKE FRONT PAGE.
you know that a country is as bad as its inhabitants and as good as its inhabitants ? so maybe the problem is with nigerians right ? cuz lets face it even the abroad that you are running to ? nigerians do the same thing their. fraud, and all kinds of crime. so if you hate crime and anarchy so much why do you migrate to an organised country and then bring your crime with you ? so its not crime and dis-organization you are running from. you are running to a fertile ground so you can commit more crime ? am i right or am i right ? gerrout of here mayne grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 11:29pm On Nov 15, 2010
tensor777:

Well I don't blame you for being confused as you seem to have another agenda for posting here- namely to engage in a generalised whinge-fest.
I won't be drawn into such a pointless game.
i swear i never knew nigerians were this much whingers grin nice british word there mate grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by REALTRUTH1: 11:30pm On Nov 15, 2010
By Eta Uso (Jr).

Nigeria, what has become of you?

These days it is either strikes, bomb-blasts, kidnapping, slandering of political opponents, ingenious looting, begging for our rights, leadership nonchalance, think any vice – think Nigeria.

The political class is in a state of decay such as never seen since the world begun. The citizens are so impoverished and disenfranchised that they now beg for their rights rather than demand for it.

It is only in this same Nigeria, where senators get millions as constituency allowance, then come home to give few scholarships to an insignificant number of people, buy motorcycles and sewing machines to share to an insignificant few, then they go about sounding their trumpets that they have alleviated poverty in their constituencies.

It is only in Nigeria where political appointees are actually glorified sycophants who must abide to the rule of their masters or be exiled to the poverty-soaked way of life of the common Nigerian [a situation that a common Nigerian finds him/herself as caused by the same selfish masters that they call leaders].

It is only in Nigeria where failed leaders and clearly unpopular political office holders, come out to vie for offices and even go ahead to seek 2nd terms, 3rd terms and even more as may be allowed by the constitution. It is clear that it is only in Nigeria where our leaders seek re-election even when the land they swore an oath to govern and serve is ridden with strikes, anarchy, deprivation, unrest and all humanly thinkable vices.

Source and Full Text can be found at: http://www.etauso.com/2010/11/country-we-call-nigeria.html
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 11:32pm On Nov 15, 2010
tensor777:

on point bruh. you hit the nail with a sledgehammer
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 11:38pm On Nov 15, 2010
REAL TRUTH:

Until 1% of the people in the link below in Nigeria can adequately rent and maintain 2 bedrooms,,,,that is when I would believe your story,,,
as usual your myopia has truncated your drivel. dude ? the purpose of showing that picture is to let you know that nigeria is a paradise waiting to happen. you can create your own little paradise in nigeria with the right set of tools. if only 1 percent of nigerians are living like that in nigeria (which i strongly doubt ), then that is because those 1 percent see something that the remaining 99 percent are not seeing. this is a country with fertile ground and 150 million human resources
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 11:42pm On Nov 15, 2010
tensor777:

Well is that the salient issue you could grasp from the story? The country of manufacture of the equipment they used?
Not the volunteer spirit of the youths, the mobilisation of resources both human and material, and the solution of a 30 year problem? .

no mind GL. all the eba she has consumed is worrying her head grin grin we are dropping gold bars for her and she is picking the gold dust and ignoring the bars
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 11:44pm On Nov 15, 2010
OvieE:

@  buzugee  you see your life,
wetin do my life ? grin craze man
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 11:48pm On Nov 15, 2010
REAL TRUTH:

@ Buzugee,,, What do you think about these young nigerians who are massively unemployed without any social security??

i think they need to go and learn a trade. thats what i think. enough with the i want to be lawyer bullcrap. i want MBA, i want masters, i want PHD, i want my name to have dr and sir, at the end of it bla bla bla. pick up a trade. stop herding like goats into IT. diversify your portfolio
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 11:52pm On Nov 15, 2010
REAL TRUTH:

By Eta Uso (Jr).

Nigeria, what has become of you?

These days it is either strikes, bomb-blasts, kidnapping, slandering of political opponents, ingenious looting, begging for our rights, leadership nonchalance, think any vice – think Nigeria.

The political class is in a state of decay such as never seen since the world begun. The citizens are so impoverished and disenfranchised that they now beg for their rights rather than demand for it.

It is only in this same Nigeria, where senators get millions as constituency allowance, then come home to give few scholarships to an insignificant number of people, buy motorcycles and sewing machines to share to an insignificant few, then they go about sounding their trumpets that they have alleviated poverty in their constituencies.

It is only in Nigeria where political appointees are actually glorified sycophants who must abide to the rule of their masters or be exiled to the poverty-soaked way of life of the common Nigerian [a situation that a common Nigerian finds him/herself as caused by the same selfish masters that they call leaders].

It is only in Nigeria where failed leaders and clearly unpopular political office holders, come out to vie for offices and even go ahead to seek 2nd terms, 3rd terms and even more as may be allowed by the constitution. It is clear that it is only in Nigeria where our leaders seek re-election even when the land they swore an oath to govern and serve is ridden with strikes, anarchy, deprivation, unrest and all humanly thinkable vices.

Source and Full Text can be found at: http://www.etauso.com/2010/11/country-we-call-nigeria.html

more excuses. you dont want to see the bad news coming out daily from america. you will keel over and die because of the horror of it. its 10 times more diabolical and 10 times more dire than what you posted up there.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by OvieE: 12:07am On Nov 16, 2010
buzugee:

you know that a country is as bad as its inhabitants and as good as its inhabitants ? so maybe the problem is with nigerians right ? cuz lets face it even the abroad that you are running to ? nigerians do the same thing their. fraud, and all kinds of crime. so if you hate crime and anarchy so much why do you migrate to an organised country and then bring your crime with you ? so its not crime and dis-organization you are running from. you are running to a fertile ground so you can commit more crime ? am i right or am i right ? gerrout of here mayne grin

Just to let you know, I did not run to USA. I grew up here OK. Nigeria will always be my country but you have to face the fact that Nigeria shouldn't be consider a place a human should live. I never commit a crime and it will never happen in life time. I was brought up to follow rules and I thank God if I was in Nigeria today, I will probably commit the horrible crimes they do there. Those who go to abroad and commit crimes face the music as well. They misjudge it to lawless country called Nigeria.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by oyinda3(f): 12:09am On Nov 16, 2010
REAL TRUTH:

one thing you have to consider is that to be unemployed in Nigeria is a different scenario than in the US.

In US, you can't call on your uncle or sister-in-law to help you out in time of need. you are on your own so employment is a do or die situation. whereas in naija, you can still survive for sometime if you are unemployed because of the social safety net. Nigeria doesn't really need a govt "social security" for that reason. we naturally have social security through our big families and friends etc.
US society is highly individualistic so employment is a do or die situation since there is no where else to turn except to go on welfare.

Also, another point is that nigeria has a HUGE informal economy. so even when many nigerians are officially "unemployed," many are doing business on the side to sustain themselves. This informal economy is almost non-existent in the US.

i'm not saying that your point is moot. but you also have to consider these factors.

OvieE:

Just to let you know, I did not run to USA. I grew up here OK. Nigeria will always be my country[b] but you have to face the fact that Nigeria shouldn't be consider a place a human should live.[/b] I never commit a crime and it will never happen in life time. I was brought up to follow rules and I thank God if [b]I was in Nigeria today, I will probably commit the horrible crimes they do there. [/b]Those who go to abroad and commit crimes face the music as well. They misjudge it to lawless country called Nigeria.

ok i don't even know what to say to you. so are you saying that 150 million people in Nigeria live like animals and criminals?
You've been watching too much national geographic. either that or you need to get off your high horse.

What i'm surprised about is that if it was foreigners that came on here to start talking about nigeria the ways you guys are, we would scream racism. it surprises me that we have adopted the same mentality or at least we have internalized it.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 12:18am On Nov 16, 2010
@PStylish

Stop misleading pple here with ur half baked story of a Nigerian removed from the UK for just no reason.

He was given 5yrs visiting Visa , how can him study with that visa? Again he was found working with visitor's visa then removed.

You came here to tell pokey pies

Read the full story here http://odili.net/news/source/2010/nov/14/829.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (34)

Photos: BVN Registration In London Resulted In Chaotic Display With Payment / Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems / What Country Can I Migrate To With 7 Million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.