Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,431 members, 7,853,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:42 AM

Do You Regret Moving Abroad? - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (41566 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / Do You Regret Living Abroad??? / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (34) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by REALTRUTH1: 8:34pm On Nov 14, 2010
Many commentators favoring going back to Nigeria re just myopic in their postulation. The truth is,,,,,if things re working out for you in Nigeria,,,,stay back in Nigeria,,,but if not,,do the best to find an entirely result oriented solution to ur peculiar problem.
Check the link below and tell me if this is the Nigeria someone is advising others regret about?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-550907.0.html
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 8:34pm On Nov 14, 2010
tensor777:

You need to be careful there. There are a lot of professional and technical jobs and vacancies in London for those with the right  papers and qualifications.
However just having a "masters" which a lot of Nigerian overstayers tend to have may not be sufficient in that wise.
there may be a lot of technical and professional jobs but are you the right face for the job ? do you look like who they want filling those jobs ?
let me put it to you like this, unless a job is highly skilled and the pool of potential employees is minimal ( such as in brain surgery, cardiac surgery, psychiatry etc etc ), the chance of them filling that position with someone who is not white british is very low.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2010
buzugee:

like i said. they have the right papers. you have to remember that britain is still a fiercely white country controlled by the old boys network. having papers does not guarantee you success in britain. it however guarantees that you will not fall through the cracks cuz you can claim giro, council tax benefits, housing benefits, free drugs, free healthcare etc etc
Now look here my friend don't just make wild generalisations. We have said that blacks and Asians who are citizens and with the appropriate technical and professional qualifications are indeed employed in blue-chip companies and the government sector.
So clearly the main issue of these Nigerian overstayers is not their pigmentation but just the  lack of papers to take advantage of the myriad of opportunities in the West.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 8:43pm On Nov 14, 2010
tensor777:

Now look here my friend don't just make wild generalisations. We have said that blacks and Asians who are citizens and with the appropriate technical and professional qualifications are indeed employed in blue-chip companies and the government sector.
So clearly the main issue of these Nigerian overstayers is not their pigmentation but just the  lack of papers to take advantage of the myriad of opportunities in the West.
dude, there is quota of non-white people that have to be employed by law. thats what that is. quota. let me ask you to do an experiment for me. wake up at 4 am and stand at a busy tube station and watch, the only people you see running to work between 4 am and 7 am are all black or pigmented people. then between the hours of 7 am to 9 am, it is like 99 percent white people, then after 6 pm ? it is pigmented people going to work. you ever wondered why ? or you think all those black people will not like to work in the offices ? lets not be ignorant to these things dude.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 8:44pm On Nov 14, 2010
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Sprumbaba: 8:46pm On Nov 14, 2010
Abroad is not good? Why are so many Nigerians nowadays like to give birth abroad?
Also, some people just hate you when you live abroad. Some naija peeps will even look down on you as if you are washing toilets or struggling.

Everthing may be fine in Naija (for those that are Okay, not Nairaland pretenders) but you are not living a quality life. I say this because I live in Naija and abroad.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 14, 2010
buzugee:

there may be a lot of technical and professional jobs but are you the right face for the job ? do you look like who they want filling those jobs ?
let me put it to you like this, unless a job is highly skilled and the pool of potential employees is minimal ( such as in brain surgery, cardiac surgery, psychiatry etc etc ), the chance of them filling that position with someone who is not white british is very low.
That is so funny but true. It would of course make much more sense for such a person to go for a highly technical profession.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by ada24: 8:49pm On Nov 14, 2010
REAL TRUTH:

Many commentators favoring going back to Nigeria re just myopic in their postulation. The truth is,,,,,if  things re working out for you in Nigeria,,,,stay back in Nigeria,,,but if not,,do the best to find an entirely result oriented solution to your peculiar problem.
Check the link below and tell me if this is the Nigeria someone is advising others regret about?    

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-550907.0.html

WOW THAT IS ALL I CAN SAY, WOW
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 8:50pm On Nov 14, 2010
tensor777:

That is so funny but true. It would of course make much more sense for such a person to go for a highly technical profession.
read this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-439972/BBC-defends-ethnic-minority-employment-policy-Ross-remark.html
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 9:01pm On Nov 14, 2010
This is the Nigeria people expect us to miss?

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 9:06pm On Nov 14, 2010
dayokanu, nobody is expecting you to miss naija. matter of fact if you have nothing to contribute to naija or if you dont  own a house in naija, it is best for you to remain in america. no need to come and become a burden to naija. stay in america and become a burden to them over there  grin grin grin grin the people who are better of in naija are highly skilled people or people with immense wealth. if you do not fall under those 2 category, its best you stay in america. so you are not expected to miss naija bruh. grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Mobinga: 9:36pm On Nov 14, 2010
I'm in Nigeria. I have no plans of living abroad. I only go there when I'm on official leave. You can never be happy living there. Well, thats for me.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by AjanleKoko: 9:46pm On Nov 14, 2010
buzugee:

like i said. they have the right papers. you have to remember that britain is still a fiercely white country controlled by the old boys network. having papers does not guarantee you success in britain. it however guarantees that you will not fall through the cracks cuz you can claim giro, council tax benefits, housing benefits, free drugs, free healthcare etc etc

buzugee, don't even kid yourself.
90% of the Nigerians abroad are actually better off than if they were in Nigeria.
90% of the jobs Nigerians are doing in the UK, call them white, blue, red or no collar, don't even exist in Nigeria.

You seem to have left out the fact that Nigeria has about 160 million people, with jobs for maybe 5-10% of that number. How many people live in Britain? 62 million, immigrants and all.
From your posts, it appears you spent some time in the UK yourself. But for that spell, don't you think you would have had something different to type here?

buzugee:

dayokanu, nobody is expecting you to miss naija. matter of fact if you have nothing to contribute to naija or if you dont  own a house in naija, it is best for you to remain in america. no need to come and become a burden to naija. stay in america and become a burden to them over there  grin grin grin grin the people who are better of in naija are highly skilled people or people with immense wealth. if you do not fall under those 2 category, its best you stay in america. so you are not expected to miss naija bruh. grin

This is kind of childish.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 14, 2010
Caption
'Okada' rider - removed and deprived of his dream of UK education - says: "I will never give up till I get justice"
Removed from the United Kingdom in 2005 despite his possession of genuine travelling documents, Daniel Osagiede is still waiting for his 'Notice of Immigration Decision' for that action. The immigration department of the Home Office in the UK keeps mum and the British High Commission in Lagos say they cannot help him. In September 2009, his five years multiple entry visa to the UK expired and as he continues to ride his commercial motorbike, he tells EMMANUEL ONYECHE of his aborted UK dreams and his efforts to raise money to prosecute his case
                                                                                                                                                                   -SUNDAY PUNCH
                                                                                                                                                            NOVEMBER 14, 2010
                                                                                                                                                                               PAGE 15

See what abroad has done to this guy. It has turned him into a psycho. What a pity?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 10:02pm On Nov 14, 2010
AjanleKoko:

buzugee, don't even kid yourself.
90% of the Nigerians abroad are actually better off than if they were in Nigeria.
90% of the jobs Nigerians are doing in the UK, call them white, blue, red or no collar, don't even exist in Nigeria.

You seem to have left out the fact that Nigeria has about 160 million people, with jobs for maybe 5-10% of that number. How many people live in Britain? 62 million, immigrants and all.
From your posts, it appears you spent some time in the UK yourself. But for that spell, don't you think you would have had something different to type here?

This is kind of childish.
dude i was simply playing with dayokanu. dayokanu is  my brother from another mother. if we cannot yab ourselves on nairaland and have to be tepid and cautious all the time, i am sure it will be a boring site. was nothing personal at all

as per the second part of your question ? yes i have spent time in england and quite frankly ? progress there is very slow. if you are in england to work ? expect a rough time of hand to mouth living. however if you are an entrepreneur ? england is a wonderful place to be. some nigerian guy made a million pounds from doing ringtones.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 14, 2010
PStylish, how does someone removed from Britain correlate with this thread? Seems you're clutching at very slippery straws.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 14, 2010
PStylish, how does someone removed from Britain correlate with this thread? Seems you're clutching at very slippery straws.
Just trying to emphasize how this abroad thing has ruined the destinies of many and will still ruin more if they are not careful.
You guys just have to help us by telling guys back here the truth about abroad which is how difficult and harsh foreign land can be. And that they would be better off in Nigeria. That abroad is only good for holidays, shopping and business meetings.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by AjanleKoko: 11:06pm On Nov 14, 2010
PStylish:

Just trying to emphasize how this abroad thing has ruined the destinies of many and will still ruin more if they are not careful.
You guys just have to help us by telling guys back here the truth about abroad which is how difficult and harsh foreign land can be. And that they would be better off in Nigeria. That abroad is only good for holidays, shopping and business meetings.

Erm . . . didn't that story say the guy was riding okada in NG?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by ada24: 11:19pm On Nov 14, 2010
PStylish:

hmm i laugh - if abroad as u put it is so bad why do u come here for holidays, shopping and business meetings - i mean when u have heaven on earth like nigeria why are u going anywhere for anything - i bet u are one of those that has furnished his home with abroad stuff.

abeg now cos a man is riding okada it is because his destiny was ruined by abroad. wow haters will really clutch at straws to make themselves feel better.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Ivynwa(f): 12:21am On Nov 15, 2010
Have you heard this? It took place in Lagos!
The Greens is a family blessed with 5 boys and 3 girls, they lived in No 13 Musa street Ajegunle Lagos. This family suffered one trauma after the other so much that AJ residents have been heard murmuring that the family needs to go in search of the root of the problems that were befalling them.
This family was indeed ravished by poverty, their father was stricken with cancer which left the mother as the sole breadwinner of the house, the matter was worsened by the fact that the little the mother of the house could amass was spent on chemotherapy. In August 1998, their father eventually passed away and five months after that their mother was killed by a hit-and-run driver on her way back from Oshodi-oke market. The Greene's 8 children were rendered orphans, could barely eke out a living and were living on hand-outs as they do not know any relative to go live it having lived all their lives in Lagos with their parents who hardly travelled home to their hometown in Akwa Ibom State much more take their kids along to meet their relatives.
On one black sunday morning, Musa street Ajegunle was flooded with water after a heavy downpour and the Green's rented one-room (in an old 5 rooms face-me-I-face-you building) was among the affected homes. Nobody bothered counting the losses of these children's meagre household property because the AJ neighbourhood was suddenly thrown into mourning by the death of the last two daughters who were drowned in the flood while they were sleeping on the floor in their room during the downpour. The AJ Community later came together, donated and buried these 2 children.
In Nov 1999 luck smiled on the Green's kids for the first time and through the connection of a good Samaritan, a rich Nigerian Newspaper mogul that resides in VGC lagos took in the eldest 3 Green kids as his own while the remaining three toiled, hustled and grew in AJ city. These wonderful kids have grown into adulthood today but what amazes me about them is that the trauma they all underwent did not bind them together instead it left them divided and in great enemity. The root of their enemity stemmed from the fact that the 3 children that grew up in Ajegunle were being snobbed by the other 3 that are presently in VGC where they had the opportunity to attend good schools with other kids from richer homes. They constantly refer to their less fortunate siblings as "Those retards and fools that live in that crazy Ajegunle place". Sorry but this story is dedicated to all ye snobbish children of the Greens in this thread (I tried sha)  grin grin cool grin cool grin

The fact that you had the opportunity to live in a better developed country than ours isn't enough reason for you to call your brothers "Retards" and "Fools" and even hate and talk down on your country. What should be on your mind is how to make the country you left behind better and the standard of living of your siblings therein more improved. 
Those youths in that photograph above taking NDLEA exams are the ones I am referring to that can do with those small change you are using to spoil yourself silly to get comfortable and more comfortable. A little magnanimity from you can bring sunshine into their lives and set them on a path working hard instead of fooling away in front of computers dreaming of how to own your type of car and build your kind of house and in the process holding the whole nation at an ugly ransome before the whole world. Help give these youths HOPE!

He-he, make una no vex for me-o-o-o.I no dey yab anybody-o-o. Just catching some evening fun. Abeg make I concentrate for the task I dey do here dey rack my brain, that Green's tori na only comic relief sha.

On a serious note is anybody here conversant with Allen Bradley's PLCs(Programmable Logic controllers), Controllogix 5561 to be exact? Trying to troubleshoot a fault and can do with another head. Peace!!

ada24 said
let us instead look for ways to improve the living conditions for the masses in nigeria instead of blowing the trumpet cos a % of people who happen to have done well for themselves in nigeria now believe that cos they can travel out every month for shopping are now better than those abroad----instead of all the insult we should be exchanging ideas on how to make things work in nigeria

Nne, You know what I am talking about!

Isale gan2 said ---
I'd rather be at home making a contribution. (Other than sending western union remittances!) It's a personal decision. I don't begrudge those who choose to stay abroad, or those who are trying to leave Nigeria. I just cannot abide self-loathing Africans. It is one thing to make your choice, but why put down your country? Too many posters here have a pathological hatred of all things Nigeria and use any excuse to highlight and ridicule where the country is struggling. You know who you are. If you hate your race so much, go bleach your skin and straighten your nose. It can be done. Then you can stop crying when you look in the mirror!

He-he. Now you see no be me talk am-o-o.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by candylips(m): 12:26am On Nov 15, 2010
nice story
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 1:01am On Nov 15, 2010
wikkid tory grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Busybody2(f): 1:30am On Nov 15, 2010
buzugee:

if they do not have the right papers they will be making like 5 pounds an hour. yes, they have the right papers. you have to remember that the average wage in britain (including white people ) is about 20,000 per annum. and i think this is a very generous estimate but this is what wiki says http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_average_salary_in_Great_Britain

The average is now around the £23,000 mark, and this is the average for the whole of UK, not peculiar to Nigerians only. People earning £25,000 are considered middle-class, and for them, though the NHS is free at the point of contact, they have to pay £7 for each medication their GP prescribes for them, they still have to pay their children's university fees as they are not eligible for free tuition, etc

And don't forget that 17% of all children in UK live in a household where the parents are on benefit, that is a mind-boggling nearly one in five child ratio living in poverty. Can't stand it with all this rat race mentality people talking trash about lack of water and electricity in naija as if, they will have light and water if they don't pay for it out of their salaries, psssffft undecided undecided

dayokanu:

ANd what is the average Salary in Nigeria to make a proper comparison

It ain't about this but when people come here chatting poo that naija is a cesspit because they earn £1000 per month stacking shelves in UK and earn more than Bank Managers in Nigeria, as if that same Bank Manager stumps up to half of his salary on rent for just a single room in Naija undecided people need to learn to argue relatively and objectively abeg undecided
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by GL(f): 4:29am On Nov 15, 2010
buzugee:

having said that, i know someone personally who works for etisalat in nigeria and makes 50 million naira per annum. i think he is a managing diirector. he used to live in america but returned to naija 5 years ago

the potential to earn so much is the main reason i would love to work in nigeria. but the truth is those jobs are relatively few compared to the number of job seekers. i know many young people (in their 20s) who are earning so much already, but they all schooled in the UK or USA and more importantly had connections. many companies show a preference for nigerians who study abroad over those who study in the country. the average nigerian graduate would never get a 10 million/annum job no matter how hard they work. many people here are trying to make it seem like those who aren't millionaires in nigeria are lazy. i'm surprised at that because this is the first time i'm hearing such sentiments. i know a few nigerians who are doing pretty well abroad, but most of the rich people i know live in the country. and from what i know, the factors that helped them the most were: luck, prayers & connections. not that they weren't hardworking, but generally we need much more than hardwork to earn a good living in nigeria. many doctors, professors, military officials spend years serving the country and have nothing to show upon retirement. they struggle to get their pensions, their kids don't get admission preference or scholarships. in fact, their children could be edged out by children of any nigerian in diaspora, who might have never served the country but has money to give as bribe.

it's quite ironic that those who earn the most in nigeria spend a good percentage of that money abroad. and i'm not just talking about holidays, or importing their furniture from europe, or doing all their kids' shopping abroad. but also private healthcare abroad and expensive tuition fees abroad, and not just in UK & USA but everywhere else even african countries too. for the most part, the ones who earn much are in private service and don't do much else to contribute to the country except through their taxes. many people who put their lives into service (public service medical personnel, teachers, military officials etc.) live in, or just above, poverty. those nigerians in diaspora who have good incomes usually invest in the country and pay taxes also. doctors & nurses based in america go to rural parts of nigeria and offer free services annually.

nigeria is a wonderful place to live for the very rich, and a good/okay place for the comfortable. but for the poor, it must be hell cos there are no benefits and their kids suffer a lot. if one has to clean streets/mortuaries they are better off doing it abroad, if they would be able to send their kids to free schools and get food stamps or something. if you're poor you have to create circumstances that would provide better opportunities for your kids in the future.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 4:52am On Nov 15, 2010
Hi Guys, I just had to register on this site to contribute on this topic.

Does Nigeria really miss me for being away so long! That's a tough one to answer. Let me start by talking a little about myself. I had my 1st degree in Nigeria and my MSC from the UK. I left Nigeria in 2001 just after graduation and have worked in the UK, Malaysia, Singapore and presently the Middle East. I have gained a lot of experience and qualifications which will be put to good use back home.

To rephrase your question: Does Nigeria really need Nigerians in diaspora? The answer is yes, on condition. Nigeria needs intellectuals with a love for their country and willingness to return back home and build the country. I miss home and I am happy to say I am on my way back home finally.

Living overseas has been an eye opener and I never regretted moving, but truth be told there is no place like home. Every year I go back to that crazy Lagos and whenever I am in the airport on my way out of Nigeria,a part of me dies.

Nigeria is in a state of disrepair, no doubt, but it is home. So yes it works both ways. Nigeria needs us and we need Nigeria. Wink

I will be moving back with my family in January 2011 back to Nigeria finally as I got an offer back home. I do understand that some Nigerians overseas will come back if they get good jobs, but if there is none then what will they come back to?

Great thread though.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 5:03am On Nov 15, 2010
Busy_body:

The average is now around the £23,000 mark, and this is the average for the whole of UK, not peculiar to Nigerians only. People earning £25,000 are considered middle-class, and for them, though the NHS is free at the point of contact, they still have to pay their children's university fees as they are not eligible for free tuition.

And don't forget that 17% of all children in UK live in a household where the parents are on benefit, that is a mind-boggling nearly one in five child ratio living in poverty. Can't stand it with all this rat race mentality people talking trash about lack of water and electricity in naija as if, they will have light and water if they don't pay for it out of their salaries, psssffft undecided undecided

It ain't about this but when people come here chatting poo that naija is a cesspit because they earn £1000 per month stacking shelves in UK and earn more than Bank Managers in Nigeria, as if that same Bank Manager stumps up to half of his salary on rent for just a single room in Naija undecided people need to learn to argue relatively and objectively abeg undecided

grin grin stacking shelves builds the bicep mozu
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 5:09am On Nov 15, 2010
GL:

the potential to earn so much is the main reason i would love to work in nigeria. but the truth is those jobs are relatively few compared to the number of job seekers. i know many young people (in their 20s) who are earning so much already, but they all schooled in the UK or USA and more importantly had connections. many companies show a preference for nigerians who study abroad over those who study in the country. the average nigerian graduate would never get a 10 million/annum job no matter how hard they work. many people here are trying to make it seem like those who aren't millionaires in nigeria are lazy. i'm surprised at that because this is the first time i'm hearing such sentiments. i know a few nigerians who are doing pretty well abroad, but most of the rich people i know live in the country. and from what i know, the factors that helped them the most were: luck, prayers & connections. not that they weren't hardworking, but generally we need much more than hardwork to earn a good living in nigeria. many doctors, professors, military officials spend years serving the country and have nothing to show upon retirement. they struggle to get their pensions, their kids don't get admission preference or scholarships. in fact, their children could be edged out by children of any nigerian in diaspora, who might have never served the country but has money to give as bribe.

it's quite ironic that those who earn the most in nigeria spend a good percentage of that money abroad. and i'm not just talking about holidays, or importing their furniture from europe, or doing all their kids' shopping abroad. but also private healthcare abroad and expensive tuition fees abroad, and not just in UK & USA but everywhere else even african countries too. for the most part, the ones who earn much are in private service and don't do much else to contribute to the country except through their taxes. many people who put their lives into service (public service medical personnel, teachers, military officials etc.) live in, or just above, poverty. those nigerians in diaspora who have good incomes usually invest in the country and pay taxes also. doctors & nurses based in america go to rural parts of nigeria and offer free services annually.

nigeria is a wonderful place to live for the very rich, and a good/okay place for the comfortable. but for the poor, it must be hell cos there are no benefits and their kids suffer a lot. if one has to clean streets/mortuaries they are better off doing it abroad, if they would be able to send their kids to free schools and get food stamps or something. if you're poor you have to create circumstances that would provide better opportunities for your kids in the future.

personally i got nothing against people picking where they want to live but dont come on here espousing the virtues of abroad while denigrating naija because i have seen it all and i can call you out on it. lets not talk down on our country. its is ours. this is the corner of the world where we can fully let our hair down. nigeria we hail thee, our old and native land, though tribe and tongue may differ in brotherhood we stand grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 5:12am On Nov 15, 2010
mikeujoel:

Does Nigeria really miss me for being away so long! That's a tough one to answer. Let me start by talking a little about myself. I had my 1st degree in Nigeria and my MSC from the UK. I left Nigeria in 2001 just after graduation and have worked in the UK, Malaysia, Singapore and presently the Middle East. I have gained a lot of experience and qualifications which will be put to good use back home.

To rephrase your question: Does Nigeria really need Nigerians in diaspora? The answer is yes, on condition. Nigeria needs intellectuals with a love for their country and willingness to return back home and build the country. I miss home and I am happy to say I am on my way back home finally.

Living overseas has been an eye opener and I never regretted moving, but truth be told there is no place like home. Every year I go back to that crazy Lagos and whenever I am in the airport on my way out of Nigeria,a part of me dies.

Nigeria is in a state of disrepair, no doubt, but it is home. So yes it works both ways. Nigeria needs us and we need Nigeria. Wink

I will be moving back with my family in January 2011 back to Nigeria finally as I got an offer back home. I do understand that some Nigerians overseas will come back if they get good jobs, but if there is none then what will they come back to?

Great thread though.
good luck in naija. we shall join you soon. prepare ground for us grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Mobinga: 6:17am On Nov 15, 2010
mikeujoel:

Great thread though.

Best response on this thread.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by GL(f): 6:18am On Nov 15, 2010
buzugee:

personally i got nothing against people picking where they want to live but dont come on here espousing the virtues of abroad while denigrating naija because i have seen it all and i can call you out on it. lets not talk down on our country. its is ours. this is the corner of the world where we can fully let our hair down. nigeria we hail thee, our old and native land, though tribe and tongue may differ in brotherhood we stand  grin

true, it's bad to talk down on your country. but the OP asked if people regret moving abroad, and there's nothing belittling about having no regrets. what's wrong in someone preferring the life he is living in one place over another? i don't like it when people go abroad and have only negative tales about nigeria either, but this constant bashing of those in diaspora is also annoying.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by ishit4body(f): 6:36am On Nov 15, 2010
Some people talk about this abroad thing as if they are the first to be there and after them there wont be any?

Shio.

Why not just close your eyes to everything Nigeria then? Some of them even still make money in the same Nigeria, and have their families in the same Nigeria, why not kill them or send them all to gaol so that we will know you got nothing to do with the scum called Nigeria?

and at best, what are you doing on this Nigerian forum, created for Nigerians and friends of Nigerians?

Are you not an hypocrite then?

You dont miss Nigeria, Nigeria dont miss you- its a two way thing.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by oyinda3(f): 6:47am On Nov 15, 2010

Here's my ranking of fulfillment, happiness, joy and satisfaction for Nigerians home and abroad:
1. Successful Nigerians living at home (in Nigeria) come first - quite a number. May get richer as time goes by.

2. Successful Nigerians living abroad come second - very few of them. Prone to economic crises and hate policies.

3. Struggling Nigerians living at home come third - their condition can change overnight.

4. Struggling Nigerians living abroad come last - they are many in population and their condition gets worse from time to time.

I agree with you!!

mikeujoel:

Great thread though.

great!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (34)

Nigerian Women Quarrel On The Street Of London (video) / Mr B, Oyinbo Man From Turkey: "I'm A Full-Blooded Nigerian Now" / A Sinkhole Along The Kaduna-Zaria Expressway (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.