Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,358 members, 7,853,597 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:47 PM

Do You Regret Moving Abroad? - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (41562 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / Do You Regret Living Abroad??? / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (34) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 6:51am On Nov 15, 2010
Oyindaaaaa

Lets relocate together Me and you only kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by GL(f): 6:55am On Nov 15, 2010
ishit4body:

Some people talk about this abroad thing as if they are the first to be there and after them there wont be any?

Shio.

Why not just close your eyes to everything Nigeria then? Some of them even still make money in the same Nigeria, and have their families in the same Nigeria, why not kill them or send them all to gaol so that we will know you got nothing to do with the scum called Nigeria?

and at best, what are you doing on this Nigerian forum, created for Nigerians and friends of Nigerians?

Are you not an hypocrite then?

You dont miss Nigeria, Nigeria dont miss you- its a two way thing.

don't take this issue so personally.

there's a difference between not regretting moving abroad, and not missing nigeria. nigerians have the right to not miss nigeria, it doesn't mean they hate the country. even if one were to hate nigeria, it wouldn't stop them from being nigerians.

besides, there are people living in nigeria who never have anything good to say about the country.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by ishit4body(f): 6:58am On Nov 15, 2010
What is the meaning of taking something personally?

That phrase is always mis used, as in this case. What is the meaning?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by vistax1: 7:42am On Nov 15, 2010
if you didnt not regret going abroad tell us wat U have benefited as per wat u are doing there & how much are paid so dat we know if it is worth it.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by GL(f): 7:51am On Nov 15, 2010
ishit4body:

What is the meaning of taking something personally?

That phrase is always mis used, as in this case. What is the meaning?

you're taking something personally when you interpret someone's comment/action as if it's critical about you.

i don't know how often that phrase is misused, but in this case i'm saying you shouldn't get so worked up about these comments because critical or not, they reflect the posters' personal views & assessments of their lives and their country. so basically, even though you're nigerian, don't take the criticisms as if they were directed at you, rather see them as directed at the critics' own country.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by ishit4body(f): 7:56am On Nov 15, 2010
GL.

How do you know i took it critical about me? I dont get it.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by REALTRUTH1: 8:03am On Nov 15, 2010
Am asking this a second time is this the Nigeria you people want those abroad to return to,,,,,,Don't think so,,,,check the link below!!!

Many commentators favoring going back to Nigeria re just myopic in their postulation. The truth is,,,,,if things re working out for you in Nigeria,,,,stay back in Nigeria,,,but if not,,do the best to find an entirely result oriented solution to your peculiar problem.
Check the link below and tell me if this is the Nigeria someone is advising others regret about?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-550907.0.html
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by GL(f): 8:29am On Nov 15, 2010
ishit4body:

GL.

How do you know i took it critical about me? I dont get it.

well, your posts have been quite fiery. they imply that you're taking the criticisms about the country as if they were directed at the people living there.

we're all nigerians, we know that the country has serious issues, and we all feel bad about it regardless of our countries of residence.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 15, 2010
vistax1:

if you didnt not regret going abroad tell us wat U have benefited as per wat u are doing there & how much are paid so dat we know if it is worth it.

Now you're talking like a goon. No one owes you any explanation with regards to their finances.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by iice(f): 9:44am On Nov 15, 2010
vistax1:

A billion dollars. . .from packing shiite grin grin
Nansense
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by phantom23: 11:52am On Nov 15, 2010
I miss Naija, but come to think of it, Return to do what Bribe Policemen to do things I wanna do? I have to know people in position to get a decent living?? In my humble opinion, I think that is not fair. Yes we may be referred to as 3rd class citizens elsewhere away from home but its better to be a real 2nd class citizen elsewhere than to live as a 2nd class citizen in your own country, cos thats what the ordinary man in Naija is.
And the good thing is I'm still a citizen of Naija, no matter how many kpalis i get.
Give us a decent Naija and see how many people will return.
You guys obviously think you are living the good life in Naija, I felt the same way too while I was there, even with mosquitoes and noise of generators all around. Think again, there's more to life
I love Naija o, don't get me wrong but return now?? Mbano, tufiakwa
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by IBEXY(m): 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2010
To be frank when I first came to the UK, the first 2 years were like hell. I kept asking myself if I made a mistake. Even in those days, the quality of life was still ok. Better than what I had in naija.

These days I thank God I did not panic and bolt back to naija. My only pain is that I dont have all my friends and relatives here. I dont regeret being in London at all at all.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Ikedonn(m): 1:37pm On Nov 15, 2010
;d ;d
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by MyneWhite1(f): 4:09pm On Nov 15, 2010
Feeling regret or going back, it;s all personal choices.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by saridonp2: 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2010
One good decision that I thank God for making!
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 5:36pm On Nov 15, 2010
dunno bout yall but nigeria is looking sexy these days. let me post some facebook pics.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 5:38pm On Nov 15, 2010

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 5:39pm On Nov 15, 2010
had to scratch off the faces of my uncles grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 5:41pm On Nov 15, 2010

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by debosky(m): 5:42pm On Nov 15, 2010
iice:

A billion dollars. . .from packing shiite grin grin
Nansense

I've made a billion too. . . .from washing deadi bodi. grin grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by iice(f): 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2010
debosky:

You're worth more than a billion. You have sideline business as spokesman for Tura grin grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 5:48pm On Nov 15, 2010
does that look like a crappy country ?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2010
vistax1:

In the morning I pack shit, In the afternoon I wash dead bodies, Overnight I do security

And I am paid $10 per week for all the jobs combined. Tell me now, Am I not better than you?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by jaybee3(m): 5:52pm On Nov 15, 2010
Nope as i simply don't have a previous way of life to use for comparison.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 5:53pm On Nov 15, 2010
dayokanu:

In the morning I pack poo, In the afternoon I wash dead bodies, Overnight I do security

And I am paid $10 per week for all the jobs combined. Tell me now, Am I not better than you?
grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2010
debosky:

can i get a piece of the action ? grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Mayshowers: 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2010
It is sickening what is going on in Nigeria today.It breaks my heart just thinking about it.I believe that things could be better for all of us and as a nation but we have chosen collectively to perpetuate our present situation.It is worthy to mention however that some thing are by design-the curse of a guinea pig.

We need to find out where we have gone wrong and retrace our steps.If we do not do this,I am afraid there is no future for the entity presently called  Nigeria.

As for me and my household,I do not regret or will never regret leaving a sinking boat that we so much try to save but refused to be saved.

And to everybody out there who seeks better life,greener pastures outside the shores of Nigeria,may God help you.

@tensor777
No offense meant but that is exactly the way I feel.However if you think Nigeria has become some kind of economic Mecca for foreigners, why don't you pack your things and head back home,what are u still doing in England?.
And before I forget,good-luck with the kidnappers.

See a few years ago,I use to be like you,I was a hardcore patriot,I believed in the Nigeria dream.

The middle class in Nigeria has been destroyed,any society/nation without the middle class is playing with danger.In Nigeria of today,you are either rich or poor there is no way around it.DDon'tget me wrong there are people doing well in Nigeria today but how many of the over 150million people live above poverty level.My friend we need to do something about this.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 15, 2010
buzugee:

can i get a piece of the action ? grin.
You're joking of course
Mayshowers:

It is sickening what is going on in Nigeria today.It breaks my heart just thinking about it.I believe that things could be better for all of us and as a nation but we have chosen collectively to perpetuate our present situation.It is worthy to mention however that some thing are by design-the curse of a guinea pig.
We need to find out where we have gone wrong and retrace our steps.If we do not do this,I am afraid there is no future for the entity presently called  Nigeria.
As for me and my household,I do not regret or will never regret leaving a sinking boat that we so much try to save but refused to be saved.
And to everybody out there who seeks better life,greener pastures outside the shores of Nigeria,may God help you.
Now that is a totally unguarded comment. If you left Nigeria was it not for the perceived positive benefits you would gain and not merely because of your own jaundiced views on Nigeria? After all foreigners are trooping into the same Nigeria everyday for their own perceived benefits regardless of what some disgruntled elements may feel about the country.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by OvieE: 7:06pm On Nov 15, 2010
buzugee:

does that look like a crappy country ?

It must be funny to deceive people who doesn't know anything about Nigeria and asked that silly question if that look like a crappy country. You can fool yourself but not others. Post the really pictures of Nigeria and stop being a foolish  person. One in ten thousand living a good life is not a life. Your uncles are enjoying while a million of his mates are suffering on the streets of any Nigeria cities or village searching for what to eat today not to talk of tomorrow. By the way, how do we know if this is your uncles since your guys love to claim others things as your to make yourself look good.

A fool like you will always denied the truth while you know that 98% of the population is suffering day in and night out. Your commom politician regret even being a Nigerian. Can't you see how they fly to Ghana every Thursday and Friday for wonderful weekend with their family. They steal your money and spend it in another man countries but Nigeria abroad spend their hard earn money in Nigeria. This question to should be directed to you leaders. They go to abroad for everything such as shopping, buying houses, cars, hospital visit, vacations, go to school just to name a few. How many people come to Nigerian to just visit? none. Only Nigerians that live in abroad come and visit and spend their money there. The few white people that come only for business and off while small country like Morocco, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Egypt, Senegal, Ethiopia, Tanzania to name a few receive massive visitors each year.

U are a fool and will be a fool forever.
For all those think they live well in Nigeria, look around you and tell me that your mate that hooking on the street of Lagos, Abuja, port Harcourt, Enegu, Warri, Ibadan, Sokoto, Kano, Sapele, Benin City, Akure, Uyo, Onitsha etc are living well like you. One in thousand living well is not life. You must be loving seeing your uncles mates (graduate) driving motorcycle just to make a living.

You are the kind of person who like seeing your mates being suffer and you love it each time they ask you for 5 naira that doesn't worth five cent of US money.

silly fool face the fact and stop hiding behind unknown people you call your uncles.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 7:17pm On Nov 15, 2010
tensor777:

You're joking of courseNow that is a totally unguarded comment. If you left Nigeria was it not for the perceived positive benefits you would gain and not merely because of your own jaundiced views on Nigeria? After all foreigners are trooping into the same Nigeria everyday for their own perceived benefits regardless of what some disgruntled elements may feel about the country.
not if i can make a billion washing dead bodies. i am as serious as a heart attack
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 7:28pm On Nov 15, 2010
OvieE:

It must be funny to deceive people who doesn't know anything about Nigeria and asked that silly question if that look like a crappy country. You can fool yourself but not others. Post the really pictures of Nigeria and stop being a foolish  person. One in ten thousand living a good life is not a life. Your uncles are enjoying while a million of his mates are suffering on the streets of any Nigeria cities or village searching for what to eat today not to talk of tomorrow. By the way, how do we know if this is your uncles since your guys love to claim others things as your to make yourself look good.

A fool like you will always denied the truth while you know that 98% of the population is suffering day in and night out. Your commom politician regret even being a Nigerian. Can't you see how they fly to Ghana every Thursday and Friday for wonderful weekend with their family. They steal your money and spend it in another man countries but Nigeria abroad spend their hard earn money in Nigeria. This question to should be directed to you leaders. They go to abroad for everything such as shopping, buying houses, cars, hospital visit, vacations, go to school just to name a few. How many people come to Nigerian to just visit? none. Only Nigerians that live in abroad come and visit and spend their money there. The few white people that come only for business and off small country like Morocco, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Egypt, Senegal, Ethiopia, Tanzania to name a few receive massive visitor each year.

U are a fool and will be a fool forever.
For all those think they live well in Nigeria, look around you and tell me that your mate that hooking on the street of Lagos, Abuja, port Harcourt, Enegu, Warri, Ibadan, Sokoto, Kano, Sapele, Benin City, Akure, Uyo, Onitsha etc are living well like you. One in thousand living well is not life. You must be loving seeing your uncles mates (graduate) driving motorcycle just to make a living.

You are the kind of person who like seeing your mates being suffer and you love it each time they ask you for 5 naira that doesn't worth five cent of US money.

silly fool face the fact and stop hiding behind unknown people you call your uncles.
relax there my friend. my purpose of posting those pics is to serve one purpose, and only one purpose, to show all these naysayers that nigeria is a beautiful country to live in. all this doom and gloom from you guys is skewing the true picture of what nigeria really is. and that is a very vibrant country with numerous potential. all those people who are suffering in nigeria ? they need to carve out their own niche. stop waiting for someone else to do it for you. there are several villages in naija where they are crying that they dont have water and all their kids are literarily dying of thirst. whose fault is that ? well in all those villages, some teenagers from canada via the peace corp and NGO, went to those villages and dug a borehole and VOILA?? decades of thirst and dying fromt thirst was resolved in 30 minutes by a couple of teenagers from canada. so who really is to blame ? the people who are unresourceful or the govt ? see nigerians in nigeria are only using a minuscle portion of their brains and i can guarantee you that if these people used a nice chunk of their brains ? the thing that makes millions of white and chinese and other foreigners  troop into nigeria for on a daily basis ? they will eventually see those opportunities too. only then can nigeria be great. nigeria is a country that needs to be built from the ground up. not from the top to the bottom. people need to take responsibility for their lives. this is the internet age. just yesterday i posted a link on how to make a DIY solar panel by yourself. this will eliminate your light problems. you have to be resourceful to survive. nigerians as a whole are not resourceful people. we always like the easy way out. therein lies our problem. naija is a paradise waiting to explode. do your part. fill in the gap. make una siddon there dey collect worthless masters and phd for bragging rights

those pictures are not my reality. i am 'suffering' abroad like thousands of nigerian expatriate. so get it right now grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (34)

Nigerian Women Quarrel On The Street Of London (video) / Mr B, Oyinbo Man From Turkey: "I'm A Full-Blooded Nigerian Now" / A Sinkhole Along The Kaduna-Zaria Expressway (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.