Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,635 members, 7,813,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Do You Regret Moving Abroad? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (41318 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / Do You Regret Living Abroad??? / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by marian1000: 12:39am On Nov 13, 2010
Hi Love,
I am a beautiful young and charming girl looking for real love and protection, I have gone through your profile and am very happy to contact you for us to know ourselves.
You know that distance, age and indeed color cannot stop true love. So darling, I would appreciate if you send Email to my private Email box: ( marian.maian39@yahoo.com ) So that i can send my pictures and more information about my self to you.
I wait for your positive reply,
Yours in love
Marian.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by bidemi12(m): 12:39am On Nov 13, 2010
for all those clamouring for everybody to come back and for all those shouting that Naija is sweet, yes naija is sweet but for who. if you have a decent means of livelyhood (which is rare as Zap) yes it is sweet. if you like to get what you want by bribing your way into anything especialy if you have the cash yes it is sweet. if you want to evade and avoid taxes with impunity yes it is sweet. if you want the freedom to ignore sanitary rules and dump trash indescriminately yes it is sweet. if you have dollars to throw around yes it is sweet. if you want a gang of touts and area boys at your disposal yes it is sweet. if you want to commit murder and steal public funds without fear and be sure you will not be caught and convicted because you can bribe your way out of the judicial system yes it is sweet. if you want to be governor/senator and even president and have no moral scruples preventing you from rigging and assasinations yes it is sweet. but the question is for how long? when the sun sets is when the real nigeria begins. everyone develops shifty eyes wondering who is walking behind them. there is an increased pace in the way you walk; the prayer is to get home quickly before it gets too dark. and when you eventualy get home the barricade begins. nigerians have the most rigorous defence system known to man. even our fobs are not that good. Street gates, gates in front of the compound, gates in front of every door and behing every door. when a dog barks in the middle of the night prayers beging "please God let them not come here" My people i'd rather stay where i am and have peace of mind all day than have a sweet day and nightmares all night.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by marian1000: 12:40am On Nov 13, 2010
Hi Love,
I am a beautiful young and charming girl looking for real love and protection, I have gone through your profile and am very happy to contact you for us to know ourselves.
You know that distance, age and indeed color cannot stop true love. So darling, I would appreciate if you send Email to my private Email box: ( marian.maian39@yahoo.com ) So that i can send my pictures and more information about my self to you.
Yours in love
Marian.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by amor4ce(m): 12:41am On Nov 13, 2010
kcjazz:

True talk!
I think Nigeria is 2nd only to Mexico in remittances back home. The truth is there are people who leave for different reasons some to pursue an education while others are the future of their family. Whether people regret or not it shouldn't matter, because at the end of the day whatever makes you happy, please do and don't feel guilty about it.

Any stats on remittance of skills?

Would it not be right to assume that the remitted funds are invested mostly in bringing up other sets of wanna-be been-tos, people who want to show off and keep up with the Joneses?
I would prefer a remittance of skills - which has worked in India and China.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by marian1000: 12:42am On Nov 13, 2010
Hi Love,
Yours in love
Marian.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by kabukabu50(m): 12:42am On Nov 13, 2010
kcjazz:

True talk!
I think Nigeria is 2nd only to Mexico in remittances back home. The truth is there are people who leave for different reasons some to pursue an education while others are the future of their family. Whether people regret or not it shouldn't matter, because at the end of the day whatever makes you happy, please do and don't feel guilty about it.

Well said, every couple of days we get some loser who puts up these threads condemning Nigerians living abroad,you can start by sending all our western union money back, grin grin grin grin.If you don't appreciate it.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 12:46am On Nov 13, 2010
believe it or not there is more to life than making money - although i have to say that most of our people who leave nigeria to come live in the west never really make it big as there are checks within the system which prevent this from happening, but as i  was saying life is not all about making money, its about living, one poster made a very valid point they said most nigerians in europe or america are just existing and they are right!! we are existing- like cogs in a machine we are just components in a large piece of machinery, that is not what being a human being is all about.

Only in our own country can we walk around with pride in ourselves, i have analysed the whole situation and i honestly see nigeria as the last hope for the black race - if we can turn things around and oust those b.astards that have destroyed the country, we will become a beacon of hope to the entire black race.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by amor4ce(m): 12:48am On Nov 13, 2010
kabukabu50:

Well said, every couple of days we get some loser who puts up these threads condemning Nigerians living abroad,you can start by sending all our western union money back,  grin grin grin grin.If you don't appreciate it.

I don't think anybody here has condemned those living outside the shores of Nigeria and that would be unfairly generalizing. The vitriol (if you see it as such) is being directed at those who abandon their fatherland.

@bidemi12, WYSIWYG - what you see is what you get.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 12:50am On Nov 13, 2010
amor4ce:

I don't think anybody here has condemned those living outside the shores of Nigeria and that would be unfairly generalizing. The vitriol (if you see it as such) is being directed at those who abandon their fatherland.

@bidemi12, WYSIWYG - what you see is what you get.

How do you mean by abandon?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by kabukabu50(m): 12:53am On Nov 13, 2010
cap28:

believe it or not there is more to life than making money - although i have to say that most of our people who leave nigeria to come live in the west never really make it big as there are checks within the system which prevent this from happening, but as i was saying life is not all about making money, its about living, one poster made a very valid point they said most nigerians in europe or america are just existing and they are right!! we are existing- like cogs in a machine we are just components in a large piece of machinery, that is not what being a human being is all about.

Only in our own country can we walk around with pride in ourselves, i have analysed the whole situation and i honestly see nigeria as the last hope for the black race - if we can turn things around and oust those b.astards that have destroyed the country, we will become a beacon of hope to the entire black race.

I would rather be discriminated against in the US by whites,than by yorubas,Igbos,hausas or any of the 247 other ethnic groups in Nigeria. grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by mrofficial(m): 12:56am On Nov 13, 2010
marian1000:

Hi Love,
Yours in love
Marian.

Hello scammer, did you stumble to Nairaland?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 12:58am On Nov 13, 2010
Nigerians living abroad remitted the sum of US$17.9 billion back home last year (2007), compared to the $10.5 and $6.5billion they remitted in 2005 and 2006 respectively.

The Federal Government's Economic Management Team (EMT), which disclosed this in Lagos recently, attributed the rising remittances to the increased confidence in the economy. The committee said the economy was buoyant and now well-rated by international rating agencies

http://allafrica.com/stories/200808251291.html

With an estimated $10 billion inflow of foreign exchange from its citizens abroad this year, Nigeria yesterday emerged the sixth highest destination of remittances from citizens of developing nations in the Diaspora.The World Bank, which gave the figure in its Migration and Develop-ment Brief released at the weekend said in the updated remittance flow table, India, China and Mexico retained the to

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=159211

Remove these $10billion or $17bn from the economy and see where the common man on the street would be
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 12:59am On Nov 13, 2010
kabukabu50:

I would rather be discriminated against in the US by whites,than by yorubas,Igbos,hausas or any of the 247 other ethnic groups in Nigeria. grin grin grin grin

thats your choice but i hope you know that the tide is turning fast in the US - foreclosures are on the increase and thousands of americans are loosing their jobs daily, what happens when you cant get a job?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 1:01am On Nov 13, 2010
cap28:

thats your choice but i hope you know that the tide is turning fast in the US - foreclosures are on the increase and thousands of americans are loosing their jobs daily, what happens when you cant get a job?

So job is everywhere in Nigeria? How many graduates are jobless in Nigeria?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by mrofficial(m): 1:01am On Nov 13, 2010
The whites have been a big problem to Africa, and up til now, It's still the same. Africa will keep crawling, 'cos almost every black man wants to migrate. *prepared food*

Where are the people that will join hands in building the nation? all don ja!
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 1:02am On Nov 13, 2010
cap28:

believe it or not there is more to life than making money - although i have to say that most of our people who leave nigeria to come live in the west never really make it big as there are checks within the system which prevent this from happening, but as i  was saying life is not all about making money, its about living, one poster made a very valid point they said most nigerians in europe or america are just existing and they are right!! we are existing- like cogs in a machine we are just components in a large piece of machinery, that is not what being a human being is all about.

Discrimination?  Is it not in this same Nigeria that we have Northerners dominating govt appointments? Or are they white people discriminating against blacks?

Is it not in Nigeria that One black group would wakle up and murder a whole village of another black group?.

What pride does an Igbo woman walk on the street of Zamfara?

Nigerians in Europe and America still have the resources to exist, How do you describe a graduate after 6yrs who doesnt have a job. He goes for job interview and was tear gassed by fellow black skinned men
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 1:05am On Nov 13, 2010
mr.official:

The whites have been a big problem to Africa, and up til now, It's still the same. Africa will keep crawling, 'cos almost every black man wants to migrate. *prepared food*

Where are the people that will join hands in building the nation? all don ja!

Keep blaming the whiteman for our problems, u still wonder why we can't move on?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 1:05am On Nov 13, 2010
kabukabu50:

you know you are a special case so you dont need to contribute to these debates. you and all ya family including your mama and papa ran out of nigeria so basically you dont have anything to go back for. all your family is abroad. that is a good situation to be in abroad. but on a side note, when the white popos pull ya dad over and handcuff him and talk to him any kind of way, do you feel like stabbing them ?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 1:07am On Nov 13, 2010
buzugee:

you know you are a special case so you dont need to contribute to these debates. you and all ya family including your mama and papa ran out of nigeria so basically you dont have anything to go back for. all your family is abroad. that is a good situation to be in abroad. but on a side note, when the white popos pull ya dad over and handcuff him and talk to him any kind of way, do you feel like stabbing them ?

So Nigerian police or immigration officers wecome you with green white green?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by mrofficial(m): 1:08am On Nov 13, 2010
^^ You don't make sense to me. You've been operated in the UK. I cannot be  shocked at your posts.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by kabukabu50(m): 1:09am On Nov 13, 2010
dayokanu:

Discrimination?  Is it not in this same Nigeria that we have Northerners dominating govt appointments? Or are they white people discriminating against blacks?

Is it not in Nigeria that One black group would wakle up and murder a whole village of another black group?.

Nigerians in Europe and America still have the resources to exist, How do you describe a graduate after 6yrs who doesnt have a job. He goes for job interview and was tear gassed by fellow black skinned men
Thanks a lot Dayo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 1:10am On Nov 13, 2010
mr.official:

^^ You don't make sense to me. You've been operated in the UK. I cannot be shocked at your posts.

Yea thats what happens when u see everything as black and white.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 1:11am On Nov 13, 2010
dayokanu:

please don't start !!! since when did tribalism equate to racism?  you people have come again with this nonsense!!

no igbo, yoruba or itsekiri  man is treated shabbily when he is in abuja, kano or kaduna  - you better get it right okay

what we have in nigeria is a group of elites who are predominantly from the north who have hijacked the resources of nigeria for their own personal means that is not the same thing as an entire system which has been set up to destroy an entire race of people. please get your analysis and facts right!!!!
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 1:12am On Nov 13, 2010
justwise:

[/b]

So Nigerian police or immigration officers wecome you with green white green?
a respectable looking man will never be disrespected by nigerian police. they know who to mess with. they are not that stupid. and even if the police is stupid enough to want to mess with a distinguished looking man, all he needs is bribe.

in yankee on the other hand its a different kettle of fish. they mess with you cuz you are black. you cant bribe your way out of it. does not matter how distinguished you look either. all they see is black
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by mrofficial(m): 1:12am On Nov 13, 2010
dayokanu:

So you still believe that those northerners are humans?  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by kabukabu50(m): 1:12am On Nov 13, 2010
buzugee:

You're a special dunce, if you think that the police just pull over and harrass well behaved people for no reason, ever heard of lawsuit,little man.And besides my folks can conduct themselves like articulate human beings,not throwing their caps,spitting and swearing at law enforcement officers just as you are so used to doing in Oshodi market. grin grin grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 1:13am On Nov 13, 2010
cap28:

please don't start !!! since when did tribalism equate to racism?  you people have come again with this nonsense!!

no igbo, yoruba or itsekiri  man is treated shabbily when he is in abuja, kano or kaduna  - you better get it right okay
what we have in nigeria is a group of elites who are predominantly from the north who have hijacked the resources of nigeria for their own personal means that is not the same thing as an entire system which has been set up to destroy an entire race of people. please get your analysis and facts right!!!!

When are u moving back to Nigeria?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by kabukabu50(m): 1:15am On Nov 13, 2010
buzugee:

a respectable looking man will never be disrespected by nigerian police. they know who to mess with. they are not that silly. and even if the police is silly enough to want to mess with a distinguished looking man, all he needs is bribe.

in yankee on the other hand its a different kettle of fish. they mess with you cuz you are black. you cant bribe your way out of it. does not matter how distinguished you look either. all they see is black

I have never had a problem with law enforcement in the US,I don't drink and drive,don't speed,have all my documents and I don't carry illegal Shh in my car grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 1:15am On Nov 13, 2010
buzugee:

a respectable looking man will never be disrespected by nigerian police. they know who to mess with. they are not that silly. and even if the police is silly enough to want to mess with a distinguished looking man, all he needs is bribe. in yankee on the other hand its a different kettle of fish. they mess with you cuz you are black. you cant bribe your way out of it. does not matter how distinguished you look either. all they see is black

Honestly i don't know what some of you smoke, Do you know anything about Nigeria system at all?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 1:17am On Nov 13, 2010
kabukabu50:

You're a special dunce, if you think that the police just pull over and harrass well behaved people for no reason, ever heard of lawsuit,little man.And besides my folks can conduct themselves like articulate human beings,not throwing their caps,spitting and swearing at law enforcement officers just as you are so used to doing in Oshodi market. grin grin grin

here comes mr kabukabu blowing more of his fairy tales - havent you heard of the phrase "driving while black" in america ?  

Have you forgotten about that african american professor - Louis Gates who was arrested by a white police officer FOR ALLEGEDLY TRYING TO BREAK INTO HIS OWN HOME!!!! STOP BEING DELUSIONAL
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 1:18am On Nov 13, 2010
kabukabu50:

you are a special kind of retard if you think the police do not pull over and harrass well behaved people for no reason other than that they are black. its called intimidation. they love doing it to black people in america. i have had my share of intimidation from american police. i am driving, minding my own business, get pulled over. get searched. then they later apologize and say a car fitting the description of yours was used in a crime bla bla bla

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34)

Lokoja overrun by Flood (Pictures) / Driver Caught Driving With No Steering Wheel While Sitting On A Bucket / A US F-35 Jet Fighter Crashes For The First Time,Pilot Ejects Safely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.