Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,662 members, 7,813,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Do You Regret Moving Abroad? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (41319 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / Do You Regret Living Abroad??? / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (34) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by REALTRUTH1: 12:51pm On Nov 13, 2010
invisible!:

For those who moved legally, have good jobs and are caring for their families who cared for him during his younger years, there will be no problem. The problem is the negative picture we paint of ourselves in our greed to look for the easy way out. I wonder how many Americans who will run from their countries to stay here all because he wants to find a 'home' in Lagos.
The bottom line is money, our attempts to seek out easy wealth which most times lead to crime when we cannot legitimately acquire enough to satisfy our need.
If most Nigerians are suffering, it is as a direct result of their understanding about life, have it ever occured to you that staying in naija is also a choice, or that some people cannot take some dehumanizing treatments meted out to Nigerians abroad despite the money involved. Stripping women for toto, sorry total search is one of such.
It would be better if you start educating the suffering masses so that they would not suffer,,also Nigerians face far more worst dehumanising situation in Nigeria than Nigerians abroad
As to why Nigerians marry whites, clearly for economic reasons. Those you mentioned may be affluent but the vast majority do so for social security. The white man will never trust, like you and for you to love the whites to the extent of marrying them is regrettable. For those of them that marry our girls, check surname of the girl and you will understand. Are you saying Akunyili two daughters got married to white Americans because of money? or MKO Abiola daughter too?? or the Late Bishop Benson Idahosa son who got married to an American white
The save Nigeria group may have its own agendas so is no reason to conclude we are suffering. Its not the 10 billion dollars remitted that worries me, its the trillions lost to foreign govts as taxes and rates. Its the lost opportunites and brain drain tht should frighten us more.
Mr Invisible,,,you sound very intelligent,,,,but the problem I noticed here is that you re blindly patriotic,,,Nigeria is my country,,,and there is nobody under the face of the earth that loves her more than I do,,,,but I would never pretend about the situation in Nigeria,,,,I believe Nigeria can be better,,,,but not by wishful thinking or blind patriotism,,,,
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by fASHiam(m): 12:58pm On Nov 13, 2010
My brother came home weeks back and said he doesn't see himself coming to settle in Nigeria for the next 10 years and i wasn't surprised. After been over there in the USA for 11years living over there is way easier from what is obtainable here and most importantly things work almost smoothly there and over here government is still struggling with the basics (electricity, water, security and good roads)
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by SSaemoenl(m): 12:59pm On Nov 13, 2010
No, I don't regret, Even-though my friends making it back home, Never ever regrets.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2010
Even with the abroad thing you still say draw soup.It is drool soup, Mr.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by axponline: 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2010
I left Nigeria about 15yrs ago. Some of my mates are close to CEO level etc in Nigeria. Some are struggling.  However, some of us have done very well where we are. All without knowing or having a SINGLE CONNECTION. That's what living abroad is about.
Could I have done better in Nigeria. Possibly. Have I done well where I am. Yes.
Home for me is where I live. I can always visit Lagos whenever I want and enjoy those things that I miss for a while, then back to civilisation.
When I left Nigeria, I was doing quite well. I was already a Manager in a bank , 2 cars etc, But the place was like living in a crazy world where no one cares or obeys and rules or laws. And its still the same as at Sept 2010 when I visited.
Advice to all. Never compare your self to another. Be the best YOU that you can be wherever you are.
PS
I would agree though that many Nigerians live abroad exactly as if they were still in Nigeria. No personal advancement, no attempt to understand and utilize the opportunities that abound. Whenever I come across Nigerians who complain about life abroad, I remind them that this is the same country that they prayed and fasted for the a visa for. What happened to that dream.
Questions in the right context and perspective makes more sense than abstract comparisons.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Yorisb: 1:53pm On Nov 13, 2010
ferdiii:

Even with the abroad thing you still say draw soup.It is drool soup, Mr.

Hehe, ehn na, shey the soup no dey draw? cheesy
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by brabus(m): 1:54pm On Nov 13, 2010
justwise:

You are obviously still living in the past, education did not only open the door for anybody to live in Nigeria, one can decide to migrate to anypart of the world, Home Is Where You Feel At Home, could be Nigeria, US or UK, that doesn't mean that one hate Nigeria or will be unable to help to improve things in Nigeria. Stop misleading urself, we all know Nigeria.

I believe home can mean many things to many people, and home does not need to be singular or a place at all.  

We could create a wonderful world if we could all love, accept and respect one another. If we were all willing to work to save the things that, we love and believe in. I believe in Nigeria!

I have realized that only the committed citizen can force the enthronement of good governance. No one else will or can do it. It is the man who suffers that knows where the pain is and he has the onus to seek remedy. As our people say, you cannot go to a funeral and cry more than the bereaved.

A generation which ignores history has no past — and no future.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by boyt1: 1:58pm On Nov 13, 2010
For some  of you who still  think that they will NEVER return to 9Ja, it's either you're afraid of  your Village men and women  JUJU or you propably steeped on toes in 9Ja b/4 you travelled The 3rd reason could be that the street lights and white colours abroad still  fascinates you  that you've  lost  the reality.

Just wait and see, when you have accomplished your goals in travelling abroad, eg. good education , fat savings, and good source of reliable income, not hustlers ooh. then you will realise the best place is your home country. You will not mind who is sitting at ASo ROCK. Afterall, there is no perfect nation on Earth.

A lot Iraqis, Sudanise, Liberians, Afghans, Serilankans , etc, would be proud to return home any time.
But 9ja s will blame the govt. for practically every thing. Think!
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 2:11pm On Nov 13, 2010
brabus:

I believe home can mean many things to many people, and home does not need to be singular or a place at all.  We could create a wonderful world if we could all love, accept and respect one another. If we were all willing to work to save the things that, we love and believe in. I believe in Nigeria! I have realized that only the committed citizen can force the enthronement of good governance. No one else will or can do it. It is the man who suffers that knows where the pain is and he has the onus to seek remedy. As our people say, you cannot go to a funeral and cry more than the bereaved.A generation which ignores history has no past — and no future.
Nigeria is home by default to many of us but, that is bound to change with time in some cases, many pple leave Nigeria to other countries for so many reasons, some end up establishing 'home' there, that doesn't mean that they hate Nigeria or look down on Nigeria. Moving back to Nigeria after living overseas is a personal choice. Condeming pple who refused to move back doesn't make any sense. Home to my is where i feel at home, could be Nigeria or outside Nigeria. Alot of pple outside Nigeria help families back home, creat jobs back home, one doesn't need to live in Nigeria to be able to contribute meaningfully to the development of that country. Each time issue like this comes up, some pple start playing 'Home v Abroad game' You don't have to be living and suffering in Nigeria to be counted as a good or patriotic Nigerian.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by brabus(m): 2:28pm On Nov 13, 2010
justwise:

You don't have to be living and suffering in Nigeria to be counted as a good or patriotic Nigerian.

What's your definition of suffering? Don't even go there!

You'll be shocked, gbabe!
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by sonyvaio(f): 2:38pm On Nov 13, 2010
they that compare themselves with themselves are not wise.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by GL(f): 2:50pm On Nov 13, 2010
since we're advocating for everyone to return 'home', how about nigerians living in other parts of the countries returning to their villages? afterall the non-yorubas living in lagos are working for the yorubas, just like nigerians abroad are working for whites. people have the right to decide where they want to live. i grew up in lagos and though i'm not yoruba it's home to me. i can't imagine living anywhere else in nigeria. home is where you feel at home. i'm from the niger delta region and have only been there a few times. i love my tribe and feel bad about the crisis even though i've never experienced what the residents experience. staying in lagos or elsewhere doesn't mean i'm denying my roots or i'm not patriotic. if home had to be your village, many NLers would be stuck in slums and would have limited opportunities. people migrate within and outside the country for basically the same reasons.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 2:55pm On Nov 13, 2010
brabus:

[b]What's your definition of suffering? Don't even go there![/b]You'll be shocked, gbabe!

When i said suffering. . . i meant fighting corruption, working hard to change things, steping on toes to make positive changes. I'm basically saying that one can contribute whether u living and suffering outside Nigeria or inside Nigeria. Don't get it twisted.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 13, 2010
Even people way dey work for MORTUARY No Regret, hiding from police every now and then,, marrying their mother and father's age, NIGERIANS CAN PRETEND
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by oludiza(m): 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2010
hello pls can someone help me for my papers? am tired of this so called Naija ooo,
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by brabus(m): 3:24pm On Nov 13, 2010
@ justwise

come to think of it, if I leave like every other person, who get's to change it. I'm sure we all know that Rome was not built in a day. Europe, America, Asia all have their stories to tell

make we no dey fight ourself, but try to see how we can rebuild this country whether we live in it or abroad. see what's happening in china and other asian countries recently, who believed it could be so. The Chinese believed so much in themselves, in spite of all odds.

we shouldn't turn this community to one where we speak evil of our own country.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Ikedonn(m): 3:35pm On Nov 13, 2010
:d
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 3:38pm On Nov 13, 2010
brabus:

@ justwise
come to think of it, if I leave like every other person, who get's to change it. I'm sure we all know that Rome was not built in a day. Europe, America, Asia all have their stories to tellmake we no dey fight ourself, but try to see how we can rebuild this country whether we live in it or abroad. see what's happening in china and other asian countries recently, who believed it could be so. The Chinese believed so much in themselves, in spite of all odds.we shouldn't turn this community to one where we speak evil of our own country.  

I'm not speaking evil about Nigeria, the point is, not everybody will move back to Nigeria to help build Nigeria, some pple can still help from outside Nigeria. I may move back oneday or i may decide to stay here and visit as often as i can, its all individual choices.
There are Chinese communities here, many i know have established homes here, some never went home for ages that doesn't stop China from developing. We can not pretend that we don't have problems in Nigeria like every other country and one should not be hanged for speaking out.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 13, 2010
BUZUGEE SAID:

i think the mistake a lot of nigerians make is in the fact that they have somehow convinced themselves that life is only about' surviving' and 'existing'. they fail to realize that this life we have ? this is not a rehearsal trial. this is the real deal. once you go ? you are out of the race forever. yet they focus a lot of their effort on 'surviving' and less on 'living' as a human being you have to 'live' or you will die inside. you cant just exist because of the conveniences that existing offers you. as a nigerian man or woman there are few places in the world where you can 'live' outside of nigeria, and even fewer places in the western world. i have been all over the western world and all our brothers and sisters are simply existing. and they continue to exist in those places because of the conveniences that life offers them in those places. but if you look into their eyes ? their eyes are dull and dead. now if you go to nigeria ? the people are vibrant because they are living. what does living entail ? being immersed in the culture, foods, smells, sights, sounds, sorroundings, friends, family and environment that you grew up in. that is living. 'existing' is being in another totally alien world to what you are used to. yes you will eat your fish and chips and burgers, live in your mid-level 2 garage home sorrounded by strangers with different ways, take your children to school, go to work amongst people with alien culture, you will go to the xmas dinner at work, you will fill your freezer with food from jewel (america) or tesco (britain) but despite all this, you simply are just existing. thats just the way it is. unless of course you somehow got into an accident and your memory of the past is wiped out and all you remember is america ? only then can you start living abroad. nigerians simply just exist abroad. i see them all the time with that dead look in their eyes. the only ones who enjoy it are their kids.

Sad but true. And I speak from experience.

After a while the conveniences of living in the west become routine. You yearn for more ''spirit'', and you start to remember/miss your fatherland. This is why we're all so animated when we meet up fellow Naijas at Naija parties abroad. We become our old selves again, however fleetingly.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 13, 2010
dayokanu said:

Sage I have always maintained that people should stay in contact with happenings in Nigeria. The incident I posted happened in my area in Lagos and my brother gave me the detailed account,

The driver was killed for refusing to give N50.

In 2002, A family friend, A student of UNILAG was shot at Falomo and killed on his way to the club by cops demanding N20 for driving at night.

Now estimate the number of unrecorded events that happen daily in Nigeria especially in the interior

For some reason I don't believe all these negative stories you're telling.

I happen to know your type. Never a good word to say about Nigeria and Africa since migrating abroad, and somehow have had this special  misfortune of having had so many friends, family, and associates, gunned down or otherwise attacked in some way in Nigeria. Never short of a story or two to tell about some ''close friend'', or ''relative'' having been killed or maimed.

I bet you can come up with ten more stories of such 'episodes' at the drop of a hat.

Why it sounds like falsehood is that the great majority of Nigerians do not know even ONE person that's ever been murdered, so for you to know ''so many victims'' ''close to you'' at your fingertips smacks of telling fibs.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 4:36pm On Nov 13, 2010
REAL TRUTH:

Everybody can't stay or live in Nigeria,,,,It would be very silly,wicked and heartless of me to assume that because Nigeria is Ok for me,,,therefore, it should be oaky for everyone else. Its also silly and an act of foolish and blind patriotism for me to assume that Nigeria is the best place for all Nigerians to be in order for them to achieve their life dreams.

But the biggest act of stupidity is to try and convince young impressionable minds that leaving nigeria is the best thing that could ever happen to you, yes nigeria is in a deplorable state but the massive brain drain of the early 90s has not helped matters, the question many of us outside the country should be asking is : how can we change things, how can we get out of this state that we're in and make our country a place to be looked up  to by blacks all over the world.  
Abandoning nigeria to go live in another man's land as a second class citizen is not the answer.

Its good enough to say the country has the potential to be better than what it is or has been all along,,,,but untapped potentials are just not sufficient enough. The truth is ,,,if Nigeria is not working for you,,and you have the means as long as its a legitimate one get out of the country. But if you think the country is treating you fine,,,,then good luck and stay back.

But what happens when those countries you have been running to decide to clamp down on immigrants?  this has been happening gradually since the early 90s but it is accelerating at an alarming rate now.  You forget that immigration of africans to europe and america has only been possible because of labour shortages suffered by those countries, stop fooling yourself into thinking that these people wanted us in their countries for any reason other than cheap labour.  In countries like Australia and New Zealand there was a ban on non white immigration which was lifted in the late 70s, theese people wanted to keep their population predominantly white and they had no need for cheap labour until very recently and even now Australia operates a very strict points based system which stipulates that only highly skilled workers are given limited entry into the country.

The thing most people on here have failed to appreciate is that immigration is a double edged sword, mass movement of workers from one economy into another means loss of manpower and potential development for one country and at the same time a gain in cheap labour and potential development for the other economy.  Europe and america have benefited from this movement to a very large extent.    

Too many avoidable things are wrong with Nigeria,,so mere patriotic statement can not fix it,,,even our political leaders know this. If things were very okay in Nigeria,,,there would not be groups like Save Nigeria Group. However, anybody wants to talk down on Nigerians abroad,,,for a group of people sending down atleast $10Billion to an economy yearly,,,,that is quite substantial and commendable.

But nigeria looses billions of dollars from exploitation of its natural resources by foreign oil companies and other multinationals so even though nigeria may make $10 billion from remitted money coming in from abroad the net effect of massive foreign exploitation of our natural resources still leaves us worse off.

As far as I know presently,, most people re suffering in Nigeria,,,it takes pretence not to admit this fact.Even our political leaders children do not even resides in the country,,,many wealthy Nigerians(criminals or not) have their funds outside the country because they themselves re not commited to the country.

I m not sure i understand you  -you say that even wealthy nigerians (criminals and legitimate ones) are not comitted to the country, well its not often that you come across many legitimately wealthy nigerians, as for the criminals isnt it a bit ridiculous to expect the architect of nigeria's problems to be committed in a positive way to building up that same country?

Why do we have the Akunyili's daughters getting married to white Americans? Why MKO ABIOLA DAUGHTER(An Havard graduate getting married to a white?? Why is OBJ son(Muyiwa married to Bahamians and living his life in the US?? Even Adenuga's first son too refused to resides in Nigeria.
I read an interview by Dayo Adeneye last year,,,he said all his siblings ,,,except himself don't live in Nigeria.The truth is that there lots of Nigerians doing pretty well abroad(Particularly in the US),,,don't know else where though,,,  

the reason you have Akunyili's daughter marrying a white man is simply because of who her parents are, would this white man be so keen if she were just another impoverished black girl living in america?  I think not, the same goes for OBJ, MKO and all the other children of wealthy people - beleive me when you have money finding a life partner is the least of your problems, white men do not usually marry black women - check the statistics, the ones who do usually do so for financial reasons ie the girl has to have wealth, or a good job.

The nigerians who keep telling you life is fantastic abroad are either delusional compulsive liars or just plain s.tupid - children of nigerian kleptocrats are to a large extent cocooned in a world of luxury however once in a while they still come face to face with the ugly cancer of racism which pervades all aspects of black people's lives.  A rich man's son or daughter who attends a private school in the UK or america will usually be one of a few black faces on the campus, they will stand out and feel isolated, many will find it difficult to fit in and will still ultimately be judged based on the colour of their skin.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 5:00pm On Nov 13, 2010
ROSSIKE:

dayokanu said:
For some reason I don't believe all these negative stories you're telling.
I happen to know your type. Never a good word to say about Nigeria and Africa since migrating abroad, and somehow have had this special  misfortune of having had so many friends, family, and associates, gunned down or otherwise attacked in some way in Nigeria. Never short of a story or two to tell about some ''close friend'', or ''relative'' having been killed or maimed.
I bet you can come up with ten more stories of such 'episodes' at the drop of a hat.
Why it sounds like falsehood is that the great majority of Nigerians do not know even ONE person that's ever been murdered, so for you to know ''so many victims'' ''close to you'' at your fingertips smacks of telling fibs.

You must be a retard to believe people would come here to lie about such incidents. Your type are those who would go to any lenght to lie about issues just to prove a point. I bet you would say you have never seen a bad road in Lagos self if given the opportunity

A Link to the story about the Bus driver was posted on this same Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-549292.192.html#msg7133246

The UNILAG student ask around The guy was a chemical Engineering student, He lives in FESTAC his name is Morakinyo
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by ShangoThor(m): 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2010
[size=22pt]Don’t miss the point!!! Nigeria is a goldmine!!! [/size]
Why work for peanuts when you can get gold nuggets? There is no reason why Nigeria couldn’t be better than places like Dubai, or South Africa.

The problem with Nigeria stems from its citizens.

I would love for every Nigerian to be rich, or have the highest standard of living in the world irrespective of ethnic identity or class.

I love all Nigerians, Igbo’s Yoruba, Edo, Itshekiri, Ijaw, Effik and would expect that love reciprocated back. After all there are no genetic differences between us, only cultural differences.

I would love for Nigeria to be the hottest tourist spot in the world, afterall the weather is absolutely fabulous.

I would love Nigeria to be the land of opportunity, where every other Nationality wants to go and live; the hub of trade in western Africa. A place where goods are extremely cheap.

The British union only came about because the nations (England, Scotland, Wales, etc) recognised that they had a common vested commercial interest to increase their wealth, and the wealth of their citizens.

Listen to their anthem, “Hail Britannia, Britannia rules the waves, Britain never, never, never shall be slaves”.  Note that they were able to cooperate to make other nationalities slaves.

I would love to come back to build, but one knows that wanting every Nigerian to be rich, or have the highest standard of living in the world irrespective of ethnic identity or class would be hugely frowned upon. Nigerian mentality dictates that it is fashionable not to change the human condition of the masses, and that the masses deserve to be victims.

[size=18pt]I seriously wish that people would wake the fc.uk up. [/size]
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 5:26pm On Nov 13, 2010
dayokanu:

You must be a retard to believe people would come here to lie about such incidents. Your type are those who would go to any lenght to lie about issues just to prove a point. I bet you would say you have never seen a bad road in Lagos self if given the opportunity

A Link to the story about the Bus driver was posted on this same Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-549292.192.html#msg7133246

The UNILAG student ask around The guy was a chemical Engineering student, He lives in FESTAC his name is Morakinyo

Sometimes while watching foreign news about crime, I realize we dont even have crime here. What we have are overblown isolated cases of petty crime. Watch reality TV about serial rap.ists and other violent crime and you will see who the real criminals are.
I dont know anybody who has been robbed in broad dayight here, I dont know anyone police have shot, I only hear about Nigerians killed in London schools, teenagers that died because of racism.
Our police are even timid and afraid of us. I shouted on one last week and see as he was begging me, thinking am a law officer.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Nov 13, 2010
The bus driver that was shot and killed by police is what you call petty crime?

This link is what you call Petty crime?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-487969.0.html

Or this?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-519181.0.html

Then I dont want to witness violent crimes then
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2010
invisible!:

Sometimes while watching foreign news about crime, I realize we dont even have crime here. What we have are overblown isolated cases of petty crime. Watch reality TV about serial rap.ists and other violent crime and you will see who the real criminals are.
I[b] dont know anybody who has been robbed in broad dayight here, I dont know anyone police have shot, [/b] I only hear about Nigerians killed in London schools, teenagers that died because of racism.
Our police are even timid and afraid of us. I shouted on one last week and see as he was begging me, thinking am a law officer.

You are a bloody liar, and u just made a fool of urself here. How many banks were robbed by armed robbers this year in Nigeria?

Pretending that all is well with Nigeria will not change the reality.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 5:38pm On Nov 13, 2010
^^ When a whole city of Aba was closed down by criminals less than 2 months ago yet he has never heard it before.

The way we lie through out teeth sha
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 5:38pm On Nov 13, 2010
dayokanu:

The bus driver that was shot and killed by police is what you call petty crime?

This link is what you call Petty crime?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-487969.0.html
Or this?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-519181.0.html
Then I dont want to witness violent crimes then

Don't mind him, kidnapping is petty crime, killing by armed robbers is petty crime. Rubbish.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 5:43pm On Nov 13, 2010
GL:

since we're advocating for everyone to return 'home', how about nigerians living in other parts of the countries returning to their villages? afterall the non-yorubas living in lagos are working for the yorubas, just like nigerians abroad are working for whites. people have the right to decide where they want to live. i grew up in lagos and though i'm not yoruba it's home to me. i can't imagine living anywhere else in nigeria. home is where you feel at home. i'm from the niger delta region and have only been there a few times. i love my tribe and feel bad about the crisis even though i've never experienced what the residents experience. staying in lagos or elsewhere doesn't mean i'm denying my roots or i'm not patriotic. if home had to be your village, many NLers would be stuck in slums and would have limited opportunities. people migrate within and outside the country for basically the same reasons.

Sorry but non Yorubas living in Lagos dont work for yorubas, dont know where you got your info from but most are ibo and constitute more than 60% of the population, so they have the numeric advantage and language control. Many also own houses there.

But go and ask them how they flee from Lagos riots or how much they have lost in properties when trouble erupts. To call a foreign country home is the height of deceit.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:48pm On Nov 13, 2010
I dont!! Nobody does, although I must say regret isnt the word I would use. But I will be returning home this christmas. Nigeria is home and no matter how bad Nigeria may be, it made me everything I am.

Nigeria for life.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 5:52pm On Nov 13, 2010
justwise:

You are a bloody liar, and u just made a fool of urself here. How many banks were robbed by armed robbers this year in Nigeria?

Pretending that all is well with Nigeria will not change the reality.

How many banks were robbed? How many were staged by bank managers themselves, my point was that I never saw any robberies and maybe you witnessed any?
Go and sit dow joo.
Pretending that all is well abroad will only keep you in blind delusion.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2010
invisible!:

How many banks were robbed? How many were staged by bank managers themselves, my point was that I never saw any robberies and maybe you witnessed any?
Go and sit dow joo.
Pretending that all is well abroad will only keep you in blind delusion.

Here we go again, i thought u said u don't know of any armed robbery? Now u remembered that some were staged by bank managers.

Do you need to witness one b4 you call it crime? If you don't witness or have personal experience then its called 'petty crime? You are such a big joke

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (34)

Lokoja overrun by Flood (Pictures) / Driver Caught Driving With No Steering Wheel While Sitting On A Bucket / A US F-35 Jet Fighter Crashes For The First Time,Pilot Ejects Safely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.