Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,514 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Hyginus Omeje Describes Taking photos at accident scenes worrisome - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Hyginus Omeje Describes Taking photos at accident scenes worrisome (13412 Views)

Man Takes Selfie At Accident Scene That Killed Driver & Others / FRSC Hands Over N2 Million Recovered At Accident Scene In Ogun (Photos) / Good Samaritan Almost Accused Of Murder By Police At Accident Scene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Hyginus Omeje Describes Taking photos at accident scenes worrisome by sweetgala(m): 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2019
elohim24:
I think a law should be passed punishing anyone caught doing this, Nairaland should also put a check to this, any thread containing graphic content should be deleted. I have no idea what people tend to gain capturing other's nightmares in still and video photography. Smart phones have really made some of us dumb in Nigeria.

Not just Nigeria but globally. I do believe some individuals who worked in a morgue were convicted in UK for "capturing" and sharing the pictures of a footballer who died in a plane crash a year back on social media.

It is very much discouraged and law enforcement in UK and Ireland are targeting such behaviour on social media. It is still illegal to intentionally (place in focus of recording device) capture the image of an individual for more than 10 seconds and then make such public without their consent where a crime is not being committed. Where that is not possible it is important to blur the face of the individual.
And that includes individuals in death, human rights doesn't stop to exist when the person is dead.
Re: Hyginus Omeje Describes Taking photos at accident scenes worrisome by NiCurious: 8:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
seanswitch:
You see we bereft of thinkers in this country.
Imagine, just imagine if all those who did NYSC since inception were mandated to take courses in paramedics and emergency care. At least we will have one person out of 5 that will volunteer to help the person in need while the others continue to take pictures.

I volunteered to join Red cross a long while ago after my encounter on my first trip to Abuja. A man was visibly alive after been pulled from a car that veered into a canal. He was alive, his soul fighting to stay alive, but all we could do was watch him. I realised how useless I was at that point and how useful I could have been to that man. He was left alone to die surrounded by people who knew next to nothing about emergency care. It could have been me I said to myself.

This. Exactly. This is what taking initiative and responsibility looks like. Don't wait for "the government" to offer training. Go out and seek it.

1 Like

Re: Hyginus Omeje Describes Taking photos at accident scenes worrisome by Suspectzero(m): 9:29pm On Oct 27, 2019
Lol some of you guys here are funny. Acting all saintly, talking about this and that should be banned.
Whenever you click on these threads you always clearly see it posted that its about an accident with people dead and that photos are also available.
Yet you carry your big head and open it then start complaining about "graphic Photos".
If you don't have the stomach for it then don't click it.
The people taking these photos are actually doing us a service. They are showing us the consequences of the serious lack of infrastructure we have in this country. Images are far more powerful than mere words. This is the age we live in (information age). Better get with it.
The owner of this website would never ban it because it gets his pages clicks (ad Dollars) when pictures are attached to these headlines.
You want to carry morality over business sense then go and start your own website that's perfectly pure and clean.
Most of you have no idea what it takes to run a Profitable and continually growing social media website yet you open your mouth and want to dictate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flood Sweeps Away Two Teenagers In Delta / Foreign Airlines Lobby Governors, Others For More Flight Services / Boat Accident Claims Eight Lives In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.