Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) (80497 Views)

Storm Franklin: 400 Homes Evacuated And Train Stations Underwater In U.K. (Pics) / President Biden Appears To Fall Asleep During COP26 Summit In U.K (Pics, Video) / Last SMS Of Lady From Inside UK Refrigerated Truck To Her Mum(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Explorers(m): 12:26pm On Oct 27, 2019
Hoping for a better life, here are the faces of the 39 people who are believed to have frozen to death in the back of a truck after a desperate attempt to reach Britain.

The victims were discovered naked, or with minimal clothing, and had been desperately 'banging on the doors' for help and had 'foam coming from their mouths'.

The bodies of eight women and 31 men could have been frozen in the truck for several days when they were discovered on Wednesday.

It is now thought that as many as 25 of the 39 victims are Vietnamese and from the same impoverished coastal region of Yen Than.

Moment family heard from a friend living in the UK that 'Nhung is one of the victims,'

Anna Bui Thi Nhung, 19, from Vietnam paid an agent over $10,000 with the hope of entering the U.K. to work as a nail technician, according to a relative.

A relative looks at an image of Nhung.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7618377/Family-youngest-death-truck-victim-19-beg-body-returned-home.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Explorers(m): 12:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
Pham Thi Tra My, 26, sent her mother a series of harrowing messages telling her she 'loved her' and was 'dying because she couldn't breathe' in the moments before her death, her family have claimed.

In text messages sent at 10.28pm GMT on Tuesday, Pham Thi Tra told her mother, 'I cant breathe here, I love you so much...I'm sorry.' Pictured, The screenshot of Tra My's last text.

Pham Van Thin (right) and Nguyen Thi Phong (left), father and mother of Tra My. They told CNN it was 'very painful' to receive the text saying she must have known she was going to die when she sent it.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by tillaman(m): 12:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
Gory!!! How can some one use $10k to meet her own death!!
This is so sad,
Looking at those parents you can tell that no one deserves this type of fate!!
God rest their souls

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Explorers(m): 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2019
Nguyen Dinh Luong, man from an impoverished Vietnamese province with dreams of a better life in Britain.

3 Likes

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Explorers(m): 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2019
A portrait of Nguyen Dinh Luong, 20, is kept on a prayer altar inside his home in Can Loc district, Ha Tinh Province

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Explorers(m): 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2019
Father-of-two Vo Ngoc Nam, 28, is also feared to have been in the ill-fated container.

1 Like

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2019
It's very unfortunate. RIP to them.

1 Like

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Explorers(m): 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2019
Cousins Hung Nguyen, 33, and Hoang Van Tiep were both feared to be in the container.

1 Like

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Explorers(m): 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2019
Anna's elder sister Bui Thi Loan (right) said they wanted her body repatriated so she could be buried in the village that she had left in search of a better life.

Anna's family sat smoking and drinking tea as a procession of visitors called to pay their respects at a makeshift shrine

1 Like

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Explorers(m): 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2019
The custom a small shrine bearing fruit and flowers surrounding a photograph of Dinh Yu had been set up in a front room of the house.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by MANGAM(m): 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2019
Hoping for a better life.
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 27, 2019
cry Rip to them
I still dont undestand why they did not migrate legally.

9 Likes

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Explorers(m): 1:27pm On Oct 27, 2019
Police yesterday seized cars belonging to an Irish haulage boss and his wife who are being quizzed by detectives over the deaths of 39 migrants.

The vehicles a white Chevrolet Corvette, grey Range Rover Sport and Discovery Sport with personalised number plates, and a Kawasaki motor bike are owned by Thomas and Joanna Maher, both 38.

The couple were arrested on suspicion of manslaughter and conspiracy to traffic people after a dramatic early morning raid on their £400,000 home in Warrington, Cheshire on Friday.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Explorers(m): 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2019
Bodies of the 39 dead migrants are being moved one-by-one by private ambulance from Tilbury docks to Chelmsford mortuary for post-mortem examinations.

This harrowing image shows a fleet of private ambulances arriving at Tilbury Docks to take away the victims.

3 Likes

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Explorers(m): 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2019
1000 staff to be hired.

People trafficking and smuggling gangs are targeting ports along England's east coast with perceived weaker security to sneak migrants into Britain, it is feared.

Home Office said it is now in the process of hiring 1,000 more staff to 'help maintain security' at borders. In the last year, 900 officers were hired.

The data comes after 39 migrants were found dead in a lorry on Wednesday in the Essex town of Grays, near Purfleet, the port where the container entered the UK.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Flexherbal(m): 1:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
Nor be only Nigerians dry run comont for their country.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by qualityovenbake(m): 2:22pm On Oct 27, 2019
May their soul rest in peace and God grant the families the strength to withstand this tragic moment.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Nmezor(f): 2:43pm On Oct 27, 2019
qualityovenbake:
May their soul rest in peace and God grant the families the strength to withstand this tragic moment.
Amen

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by CTPlayer: 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2019
How do they smuggle them through customs after they land in Europe?

15 Likes

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by YOUNGELDER1(m): 3:04pm On Oct 27, 2019
Sad sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by tillaman(m): 3:18pm On Oct 27, 2019
Sad!! It’s crazy how some one would pay $10k just to meet with their death, I really feel for their parents! No parent deserves to be meet with such fate!!
They all died hard all in the quest of looking for a greener pasture

10 Likes

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Treasure17(m): 3:22pm On Oct 27, 2019
Very sad situation. May their souls rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by tot(f): 4:41pm On Oct 27, 2019
Sad case.

Hope Nigerians are seeing how things are done. If it was here, you will be seeing pictures of the dead bodies splashed online everywhere.

159 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Freemanbobble: 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2019
Am just in tears

Life itself is a big scam

We humans are in big trouble

Just imagine

" I can't breathe"

God should be asking us first if we want to come to this scam called " life"

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2019
hmm
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2019
...and she fine see sweet puna wey man for they enjoy...

Anyway thank God they weren't Africans this time.
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by DrNueLpureHoney: 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2019
Ok
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by NIGHTMAREOO7: 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2019
But why through frozen van undecided

3 Likes

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Funjosh(m): 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2019
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by seunmohmoh(f): 4:44pm On Oct 27, 2019
When I heard this news some days back, I almost cried especially the Vietnamese lady who sent text message to her mom . " My trip to a foreign land has failed me, I can't breath mother"- she wrote.

I felt it to my bone like it was someone I knew.

May their souls rest in peace.

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Naijaarchive(m): 4:44pm On Oct 27, 2019
Chai....

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Russian Airstrike On Ukraine School Kills 60 (Graphic Pix) / Russian Military Pays Respects To Soleiman Assassinated By The US / La Palma: 'World’s Luckiest House’ Miraculously Stands Alone (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.