Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) (80526 Views)

Storm Franklin: 400 Homes Evacuated And Train Stations Underwater In U.K. (Pics) / President Biden Appears To Fall Asleep During COP26 Summit In U.K (Pics, Video) / Last SMS Of Lady From Inside UK Refrigerated Truck To Her Mum(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by babtoundey(m): 7:43pm On Oct 27, 2019
tete7000:

Cc: freemanbobble, Blinkers

It wasn't necessarily God that made us come here but our parents. Imagine your two parents refusing to have intercourse the night you were conceived, you wouldn't have existed at all, no matter what God thinks. The only individual who can lay his entire coming at God's doorstep is Christ who was conceived in Mary by the Holy Spirit. Even at that God still needed Mary's consent for Jesus to be conceived. Had Mary said no, God would probably have needed to look for someone else.
Illegal marriages, ill prepared parenting and many ills like these are the root cause of most of the suffering in the world, not God.

Religion, sometimes cannot even proffer solution to its own confusion. I am not a Christian so, I don't buy your conjectures and hypotheses about Mary and Christ (I meant no offense). Now, who is God? isn't he the omnipotent, omniscient the maker of all that will ever be. Why do you then shift the whole blame to man ("parents"wink, mare mortals who are fallible and only operate in line with how they are structured and framed. They sin. yes, because they are human (and have little or no control over it). If God sought Mary's permission before making her beget Jesus (according to you), did he seek your mum's permission before he sent you in through her? Did he seek your own permission before he brought you through your parents? If there is a supreme power that has answers to all questions, a force that is higher and greater than man, how do we make case for the acceptance and justification of an assumption that man (impotent as he is) has any say or influence on the world and its affairs. Or is it save to believe that when things turn good it's the doing of God but when it turn otherwise is that of man?

My earlier comment was made not to belittle God or question his authority but to emphasize the futility and emptiness of life.

This is not an ideal thread to have argument of this nature. Some people have just been reported dead in a harrowing way while trying to escape the hardships of life and nature. So, "RIP" is the most appropriate reaction to such news.
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by NIGHTMAREOO7: 7:46pm On Oct 27, 2019
tete7000:

The only van that can go through thermal imaging scanner without detection...

Nawaoo such high risk, but was the freezer not put on before they got it..
If yes then who on it?
If no then why enter it knowing its a long journey and they will get frozen.

It's still confusing to me
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by tot(f): 7:49pm On Oct 27, 2019
12inchess:
Kolorun ma shanu wa noni. Even us that are abroad. Is it not hustle we came to hustle here? Is it not because our government is not doing their work? Providing infrastructure, light, safety and security etc. No one just likes to leave their family to go hustle in another man's land. But we must sha survive. My advice to anyone attempting to travel is to go there legally and stay there legally if possible. These ones also went to hustle. You can see they are all people from poor families and possibly hoping to start small and help their siblings and parents back home. They just were unlucky to meet a terrible fate. RIP.

So true.
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by tete7000(m): 8:21pm On Oct 27, 2019
babtoundey:

Religion, sometimes cannot even proffer solution to its own confusion. I am not a Christian so, I don't buy your conjectures and hypotheses about Mary and Christ (I meant no offense). Now, who is God? isn't he the omnipotent, omniscient the maker of all that will ever be. Why do you then shift the whole blame to man ("parents"wink, mare mortals who are fallible and only operate in line with how they are structured and framed. They sin. yes, because they are human (and have little or no control over it). If God sought Mary's permission before making her beget Jesus (according to you), did he seek your mum's permission before he sent you in through her? Did he seek your own permission before he brought you through your parents? If there is a supreme power that has answers to all questions, a force that is higher and greater than man, how do we make case for the acceptance and justification of an assumption that man (impotent as he is) has any say or influence on the world and its affairs. Or is it save to believe that when things turn good it's the doing of God but when it turn otherwise is that of man?

My earlier comment was made not to belittle God or question his authority but to emphasize the futility and emptiness of life.

This is not an ideal thread to have argument of this nature. Some people have just been reported dead in a harrowing way while trying to escape the hardships of life and nature. So, "RIP" is the most appropriate reaction to such news.

You seem to contradict yourself. If you don't believe in God why bothering about the dead resting in peace?, Peace where? With whom? So you believe in life after here? Uhmmm, such a contradiction! With God out of question you can simply dance over their graves, they have simply gone into oblivion. Why feel such empathy when there is no God and without him no life after death. Stop confusing yourself bro. You don't need such empathy as an atheist. Maybe you can feel only sorry for the family they left behind. Death shouldn't mean more than that to you as an atheist.

1 Like

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by victorian(f): 8:24pm On Oct 27, 2019
12inchess:

Keep wondering. You think UK hands out visa to everyone?

Well I'm not that desperate to have their visa.

I can travel to Dubai, Isreal, and other countries to visit and come back to Nigeria in one piece. It's not compulsory I must travel to UK.

Anyways I don't allow any thing, place me in high tension .

Travel abroad no be by force.

1 Like

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by COUSIN1279(m): 8:25pm On Oct 27, 2019
I want uk! I want! See you don enter the OG uk now
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by ewizard1: 8:25pm On Oct 27, 2019
9PBLIVE:
cry Rip to them
I still dont undestand why they did not migrate legally.
You dont understand? Are you a Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Mizwisdom(f): 8:26pm On Oct 27, 2019
I actually wanted to see the pictures, they need to release it so that daft people will see and learn
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by heendrix(m): 8:26pm On Oct 27, 2019
emddi:
This is what I call illegal death.it is an error to die looking for things like money and other possessions.by this you abuse the very God that created you,when God really created you to live in abundance.

So o cause God created you in abundance.....you should not go out and look for money or means of getting it to survive?

ur really funny.....so is there a supernatural being that puts money at ur pocket without going out to look for it? sad
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 27, 2019
ewizard1:
You dont understand? Are you a Nigerian?
they had the money.
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Mizwisdom(f): 8:31pm On Oct 27, 2019
Vega100:

Do you think blacks are human beings? Blacks are just moving lower animals

l don't think you're alright, you must be the patient missing from Yaba Psychiatric hospital

3 Likes

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by babtoundey(m): 8:34pm On Oct 27, 2019
tete7000:

You seem to contradict yourself. If you don't believe in God why bothering about the dead resting in peace?, Peace where? With whom? So you believe in life after here? Uhmmm, such a contradiction! With God out of question you can simply dance over their graves, they have simply gone into oblivion. Why feel such empathy when there is no God and without him no life after death. Stop confusing yourself bro. You don't need such empathy as an atheist. Maybe you can feel only sorry for the family they left behind. Death shouldn't mean more than that to you as an atheist.

Now I am an atheist! Wonderful.
Isn't non-subscribing to your "fact" that man has control over his existence and livelihood enough to earn one the tag of atheism. Guudu night, sir!
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by ewizard1: 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2019
9PBLIVE:
they had the money.
Maybe it just wasn't that easy even with the money.
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Bigblessed: 8:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
grin brother

Litmus:

How did you get this impression? How could you not know that in a list of 1 to 100 , with 1 being nations with the highest folks risking death to immigrate to Europe by boat, train or lorry, Nigeria occupies 100, with folks from Syria, Afghanistan, Eritrea, Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia occupying the top 10 positions ?
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 27, 2019
heendrix:

Soo cause created you in abundance.....you should not go look for money or means of getting it?

ur really funny.....so is there a supernatural being that puts money at ur pocket without going out to look for it? sad
look for money through an illegal means?
the brain that you have what did God put it there for?for fancy?
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by heendrix(m): 8:45pm On Oct 27, 2019
emddi:
look for money through an illegal means?
the brain that you have what did God put it there for?for fancy?

emddi:
This is what I call illegal death. it is an error to die looking for things like money and other possessions.by this you abuse the very God that created you,when God really created you to live in abundance.

These were ur words.....so in case next time try to be explicit when delivering a message. the only illegal thing you said and everyone can see is "Illegal death" not illegal ways of looking for money sad

plus you might be shocked to know they were really not looking for Money undecided

1 Like

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Vega100: 8:55pm On Oct 27, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Mizwisdom:

l don't think you're alright, you must be the patient missing from Yaba Psychiatric hospital
how much we hate the truth being told to us.
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by tete7000(m): 8:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
babtoundey:

Now I am an atheist! Wonderful.
Isn't non-subscribing to your "fact" that man has control over his existence and livelihood enough to earn one the tag of atheism. Guudu night, sir!

I am only helping you resolve your confusion. It is more of good i am doing than bad. Good night all the same. Sleep well....

1 Like

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 27, 2019
heendrix:

These were ur words.....so in case next time try to be explicit when delivering a message. the only illegal thing you said and everyone can see is "Illegal death" not illegal ways of looking for money sad

plus you might be shocked to know they were really not looking for Money undecided
okay, when I say 'looking for things' what I meant was that man's priority shouldn't be about 'getting' things.
what then were they looking for?
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by kidneystones(m): 9:02pm On Oct 27, 2019
Rip ... I don talk my own oo
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by LionTiger(m): 9:10pm On Oct 27, 2019
Freemanbobble:
Am just in tears
Life itself is a big scam
We humans are in big trouble
Just imagine
" I can't breathe"
God should be asking us first if we want to come to this scam called " life"
My dear, everything has been turned upsidedown.
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by uuzba(m): 9:27pm On Oct 27, 2019
Flexherbal:
Nor be only Nigerians dry run comont for their country.
UK, have sweet mouth. They can talk and boast about nothing. When you hear the gist, you will use your own hand to sell your village, carry all the money and give them in the name of visa to live there.

I don't know why other nations cannot boast about their own land.
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Mcslize: 9:39pm On Oct 27, 2019
Like I have always said; if you want to travel to a foreign country, do so legally. Travelling to another man's land as an illegal immigrant is not worth it. You won't have peace of mind cuz you are not legal in the land.

Never you travel out as an illegal immigrant. If you go to another man's land for a visit and just before your visa empires, come back. Do not stay back and start hiding up and down from the cops. That's not life. Come back and find a way to travel back with a well planned means to stay legally as a resident. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2019
10k dollae to go and kill myself.... so disgusting
MAY THERE SOUL REST IN PEACE
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by raphy(m): 11:28pm On Oct 27, 2019
even a Nigerian will pay 100k just to risk there life from Libya to Italy for better life.

may there's soul R.I.P amen

poverty is everywhere..

but how come network was working inside frozen truck keep make me surprised
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Nezero(m): 11:38pm On Oct 27, 2019
Reminds me of a scene in the Transporter Movie...featuring Jason Statham. Sad
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by fatytoy333(m): 6:22am On Oct 28, 2019
I'm very sure you are black as well? Emancipate yourself from mental slavery
Vega100:

Do you think blacks are human beings? Blacks are just moving lower animals
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by kikuyu1(m): 4:16pm On Oct 28, 2019
Is it just me or are home conditions not that bad to warrant risking life in a refrigerated container? Tbh,they look like comfortable middle class in any country not just a developing one like Vietnam. How else does someone afford 10k$ to start life anew?
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by tck2000(m): 7:11am On Oct 29, 2019
bad
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Vega100: 1:23pm On Oct 29, 2019
fatytoy333:
I'm very sure you are black as well? Emancipate yourself from mental slavery
No bro, u are the one that needs to emancipate yourself from slavery, we live like animals in Africa, no respect for laws, no one respects themselves, very cruel and brutish, some of you lads needs to travel out and see how humans really live. Currently most part of my time now is spent abroad, now I really get to appreciate what it means to live like a human being not animal. I begin to wonder what will bring this people to our kind of hellhole and anarchy.

Cc: planetx
Re: Faces Of 39 Migrants Who Froze To Death In Refrigerated Truck In U.k(Pics) by Eportal123: 3:01am On Oct 30, 2019
Because of this schengen visa of a thing. Easy movement without much restriction in Europe.
CTPlayer:
How do they smuggle them through customs after they land in Europe?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Russian Airstrike On Ukraine School Kills 60 (Graphic Pix) / Russian Military Pays Respects To Soleiman Assassinated By The US / La Palma: 'World’s Luckiest House’ Miraculously Stands Alone (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.