Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Getting A Right Person On Nairaland- The Reality - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting A Right Person On Nairaland- The Reality (813 Views)

My Cousin Is The Most Prettiest Person On NL [pictured] / Nairaland, The Most Toxic Platform To Be On / Cutest Guy! On Nairaland! The Ladies Can Confirm That (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting A Right Person On Nairaland- The Reality by jedisco(m): 12:33pm On Oct 27, 2019
In my time on NL, and with repeated occurrences of people coming out to 'expose' the other party, I have come to see that a good number of folks here hope to meet Mr or Mrs Right on this forum. This is not abnormal considering the format of NL and the amount of time people increasingly spend here.
In that same time, I have seen people increasingly complain about the opposite sex and how they are mainly involved in 'vanities'. This is not unusual considering that for most humans, when they are unable to achieve a target, most of that energy becomes bitterness and frustration which most times becomes evident in what they say about the event. It is a natural coping mechanism. So the question becomes, if we have 'good' folks on both sides actively looking for the right person, how come they hardly meet and awful stories keep coming up.

Thinking over this, these are the reasons I find responsible

1. People look in the wrong places. Yeah 'romance section' should imply what it states, but the way the forum is set up, you'd see there's hardly any constructive discussion there, yet, you'd see lots of people invested there hoping to get someone decent. Fact is, it rarely ever happens and most fall into wrong happenings. There are lots of sections on NL which may mimic a persons real thought process. I may be wrong, but there is a pointer in a person who spends 95% of their time on NL on romance section.

2. Getting too needy early on. Fact is some are straight talking which is not bad. But I posit that one is likely to find the 'partner of his/her dreams' when you get involved in sensible discussions initially outside romance. This brings me a little back to the first point. Get involved in other sections of interest, you're much more likely to find like minds there. That's the irony

3. A person's history says alot: Even in these days of alternate monickers, you're more likely to make sense out of a person who has used a particular profile actively with varied thoughts and opinions for say three years than a profile who just registered 2 months ago. There's a reason why Seun allows each monicker to have a viewable profile. I once got a device from here, but I paid a bit higher because I decided to use someone who has been selling such products for years on NL with good feedback and mine has served so far.

Finally, no size fits all. There is no apology for where one finds the right person (as far as no crime has been committed) and NL shouldn't always be a never avenue as some people posit.

I'd love to get responses of those who'd gone on to build strong relationships with people they met here stating under what circumstance they met....

NB: phrases or words in semicolon, are open to individual interpretation

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Right Person On Nairaland- The Reality by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
nonsense..

# spits on thread
Re: Getting A Right Person On Nairaland- The Reality by RuggedSniper: 12:53am On Dec 26, 2020
jedisco:
In my time on NL, and with repeated occurrences of people coming out to 'expose' the other party, I have come to see that a good number of folks here hope to meet Mr or Mrs Right on this forum. This is not abnormal considering the format of NL and the amount of time people increasingly spend here.
In that same time, I have seen people increasingly complain about the opposite sex and how they are mainly involved in 'vanities'. This is not unusual considering that for most humans, when they are unable to achieve a target, most of that energy becomes bitterness and frustration which most times becomes evident in what they say about the event. It is a natural coping mechanism. So the question becomes, if we have 'good' folks on both sides actively looking for the right person, how come they hardly meet and awful stories keep coming up.

1. People look in the wrong places. Yeah 'romance section' should imply what it states, but the way the forum is set up, you'd see there's hardly any constructive discussion there, yet, you'd see lots of people invested there hoping to get someone decent. Fact is, it rarely ever happens and most fall into wrong happenings. There are lots of sections on NL which may mimic a persons real thought process. I may be wrong, but there is a pointer in a person who spends 95% of their time on NL on romance section.

2. Getting too needy early on. Fact is some are straight talking which is not bad. But I posit that one is likely to find the 'partner of his/her dreams' when you get involved in sensible discussions initially outside romance. This brings me a little back to the first point. Get involved in other sections of interest, you're much more likely to find like minds there. That's the irony

3. A person's history says alot: Even in these days of alternate monickers, you're more likely to make sense out of a person who has used a particular profile actively with varied thoughts and opinions for say three years than a profile who just registered 2 months ago. There's a reason why Seun allows each monicker to have a viewable profile. I once got a device from here, but I paid a bit higher because I decided to use someone who has been selling such products for years on NL with good feedback and mine has served so far.

Finally, no size fits all. There is no apology for where one finds the right person (as far as no crime has been committed) and NL shouldn't always be a never avenue as some people posit.

I'd love to get responses of those who'd gone on to build strong relationships with people they met here stating under what circumstance they met....

WORD!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Right Person On Nairaland- The Reality by Nobody: 5:18am On Dec 26, 2020
I've not seen any Nairaland couple, this place is full of hate,some of them will harm me if they see me physically but thank God I'm secured,I don't even know why so much hatred for me.
Re: Getting A Right Person On Nairaland- The Reality by MummyIMadeIt: 11:24am On Dec 26, 2020
Zzor:
I've not seen any Nairaland couple, this place is full of hate,some of them will harm me if they see me physically but thank God I'm secured,I don't even know why so much hatred for me.

Many a times people easily slip into their alter ego on the social space, hence you see an introverted and humble person been all arrogant and toxic in the cyber space and vice versa...

My dear you aren't hated by many, it's all in a bid to catch cruise

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Right Person On Nairaland- The Reality by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 26, 2020
MummyIMadeIt:

Many a times people easily slip into their alter ego on the social space, hence you see an introverted and humble person been all arrogant and toxic in the cyber space and vice versa...

My dear you aren't hated by many, it's all in a bid to catch cruise
lol ,what's that on your profile
Re: Getting A Right Person On Nairaland- The Reality by MummyIMadeIt: 11:55am On Dec 26, 2020
Zzor:
lol ,what's that on your profile

It's called 'àju mbàise' by igbos. It's a trado medicinal herbs for various ailments.

How's ur boxing day going?
Re: Getting A Right Person On Nairaland- The Reality by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 26, 2020
MummyIMadeIt:

It's called 'àju mbàise' by igbos. It's a trado medicinal herbs for various ailments.

How's ur boxing day going?
Its going well,thanks
Re: Getting A Right Person On Nairaland- The Reality by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 26, 2020
sorry but d thread no even make sense, u just talking left to right lile buhari with no bearings
Re: Getting A Right Person On Nairaland- The Reality by bigpicture001: 2:31pm On Dec 26, 2020
I once got very involved with a nursing Corper here...sh is very interesting. I was single. Sh never believed!

I planned meeting her after 4 months of online dating..sh was glittery and scared I maybe an online murderer..citing Cynthia death on Facebook as excuse...I asked her to come instead. Sh was too scared.

Her reason being am not on Facebook which is very true. We parted ways only because of this...it pained me den sha cuz sh is an exccelent communicator and exciting to gist with. We never met...

I moved on to a more complete physical contact relationship and have never missed the fmr

1 Like

Re: Getting A Right Person On Nairaland- The Reality by AlphaSoul: 1:28pm On Feb 07, 2021
bigpicture001:
I once got very involved with a nursing Corper here...sh is very interesting. I was single. She never believed!

I planned meeting her after 4 months of online dating..she was glittery and scared I maybe an online murderer..citing Cynthia death on Facebook as excuse...I asked her to come instead. She was too scared.

Her reason being am not on Facebook which is very true. We parted ways only because of this...it pained me den sha cuz sh is an exccelent communicator and exciting to gist with. We never met...

I moved on to a more complete physical contact relationship and have never missed the fmr
Women and paranoid thoughts
about men... LOL

Why are you not on FB?
Security concerns?

The FB she was refering to has a
lot of fake profiles! Girls who met
fake people on FB have been
raped, kidnapped, and even got
killed!

You guys could have arranged
to meet at a coffee shop or
something if you both lived
near each other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Right Person On Nairaland- The Reality by Yusufisraelj(m): 1:52pm On Feb 07, 2021
@jedisco

Powerful write up, making a lot of sense.

The truth is business discussions brought me closer to this pretty and wonderful damsel @stacyO full of wisdom and well read. You will mistaken her for some of the things she post, but I've come to learn some come here to catch cruise.
Re: Getting A Right Person On Nairaland- The Reality by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 07, 2021
Yusufisraelj:
@jedisco

Powerful write up, making a lot of sense.

The truth is business discussions brought me closer to this pretty and wonderful damsel @stacyO full of wisdom and well read. You will mistaken her for some of the things she post, but I've come to learn some come here to catch cruise.

smiley
Re: Getting A Right Person On Nairaland- The Reality by bigpicture001: 12:15am On Feb 08, 2021
AlphaSoul:

Women and paranoid thoughts
about men... LOL

Why are you not on FB?
Security concerns?

The FB she was refering to has a
lot of fake profiles! Girls who met
fake people on FB have been
raped, kidnapped, and even got
killed!

You guys could have arranged
to meet at a coffee shop or
something if you both lived
near each other.

i asked her to pick any fast food of her choice, get there before me, inform the security people there that she is meeting a blind date and scared. they would watch over her. mine is to just come, join her and we discuss,yet she was too scared.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Right Person On Nairaland- The Reality by AlphaSoul: 10:58pm On Feb 08, 2021
bigpicture001:

i asked her to pick any fast food of her choice, get there before me, inform the security people there that she is meeting a blind date and scared. they would watch over her. mine is to just come, join her and we discuss,yet she was too scared.
You did well by giving her the
right of choice. Good you have
another woman now.

Some girls don't know what
they want. Marriages have
actually taken place among
NL members in recent times
by taking things offline.
Re: Getting A Right Person On Nairaland- The Reality by Biglittlelois(f): 12:15am On Feb 09, 2021
jedisco:

Hmmm...

I was expecting to see where you talked about your experience when you met someone from here.....

I'd say I have met just one person, it went well at first, then it didn't......

Will I try that again? Can't say, cos as you rightly said, one can't rule out where you'd meet THE ONE, but I do hope he will not be from here though cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Guys Get In Here, Which Would You Choose And Why? / All Weavon Cap Available At Promo Price. Also Closure / Download Money Heist Season 4 Episode 1-8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.