Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online (23336 Views)

Ghanaian Lady Flees From Man She Met Online Due To Big Manhood / Ever Visited Someone You Met Online? Share Your Experience / 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by Writercruze: 8:36am On Oct 28, 2019
Online dating is something that has come to stay. But if you ever decide to meet up with any Nigerian guy from the internet, you must be extra careful. Don’t get me wrong; I’m not trying to paint Naija guys evil.

But with things happening around and activities of ritualists, It’s advisable to be careful when meeting somebody you met online. You can find your soulmate online. Yeah, my friend, who recently got married, met her husband on Facebook.

However, you can never be too careful when meeting someone online for the first time. Don’t forget that the person might have an ulterior motive. Also, he could be genuine with his intention. Whatever her purpose is, it’s good to be prepared and stay safe.

In this article, you will learn how to stay safe when meeting a Nigerian Guy from the internet.

Tips To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met From The Internet

#1. Research About Him Before Agreeing To Meet

The first thing you should do when meeting a Nigerian guy from the internet is to research about him. Most often than none, the guy may not give you enough information about himself.

Well, Google makes a whole lot of things easier. You can search his name on Google, trust me a whole lot of information about the person will pop up. You can see more of his pictures and some other relevant information.

From the research, you will have a rough idea of the kind of person you are meeting. And if you think the guy’s lifestyle is the rugged type, then you should decline meeting him physically.

#2. Don’t Give Out Personal Information About Yourself

You don’t give much information about yourself when dating someone online. As a rule, never share personal information that can be used against you.

If I were you, I’d never share information like places I always visit, where my family members live, and my salary, to saw one I just met online. It’s a rookie mistake that could be very dangerous.

#3. Make A Video Call With Him

Most times, people use fake images on their online profiles. So, ensure you make a video call with a Nigerian guy before agreeing to meet. The essence of the video call is to ascertain that the person is who he claims he is.

Also, ensure that the voice on the audio call is the same as that on video calls. If not, then something is fishing. Avoid such a meeting because the guy could be dangerous.

Do you think I’m judging too quickly? Okay, what could make a guy be faking his identity to the woman he claims to love? Well, I will leave that for you to answer.

#4. Plan Your Meeting

Ensure you plan your meeting very well. The first thing you should do is to fix your meeting point in a public place. Somewhere very busy where he can’t try to make some dangerous move.

Never agree to meet with a Nigerian guy from the internet in private or secluded places like a hotel or their houses. Many girls have lost their lives because of this and others have been raped.

Some guys may seem very friendly and genuine online. But behind this niceness could be someone seriously hunting for the next ritual victim. So, be very careful, don’t allow them to use you to buy Lexus gift.

Again, you can share your location with your friends and family using your phone. And if you can go with any of your friends, that won’t be a bad idea. Hey, don’t overdo it. Just because I said, you should carry your friends didn’t mean you should go there with a bevy of ladies.

#5. Tell Someone Else About The Date

Don’t be secretive about meeting someone from the internet. Tell one or two persons about the date, the location, and when you are supposed to be back.

If you tell someone about the date, he or she can raise the alarm when you didn’t return at the expected time. It gives you confidence once you know that people are aware of your date. And find a way of telling your partner indirectly that people are aware of the date.

#6. Don’t Go With Your Car

Taking public transport is safer when meeting someone from the internet. When things go wrong, you can easily find your way back home using public transport. Even if you decide to go with your car, try to park it in a way that you can quickly move it in case of anything

#7. Don’t Drink Too Much

Most ladies are victims of this. How can you drink too much when meeting a guy from the internet for the first time?

Don’t forget that the guy may have an ulterior motive. If possible, avoid taking alcohol to remain active throughout the date. And once you notice that he’s trying to make you drink too much, end the meeting immediately.

#8. Carry a Pepper Spray

I hope you don’t have to use this, but it’s better to stay safe than sorry. Just be prepared in case the guy is trying to do some hanky panky, use the pepper spray and escape. Ensure you blocked such person from contacting you again.

You can never be too careful when meeting a Nigerian guy from the internet. Always remember that it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Source: https://www.naijalovetips.com/how-to-stay-safe-when-meeting-a-nigerian-guy-you-met-online/

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by Writercruze: 8:37am On Oct 28, 2019
Read Also: 8 Reasons why you still dream about your ex https://www.naijalovetips.com/what-does-it-mean-when-you-dream-about-your-ex/

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by Jasen1(m): 8:39am On Oct 28, 2019
So no safety tips for we guys too

How to keep our things safe while meeting a lady for the first time

Abi woman never steal your money, phone and chains before

159 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by Jasen1(m): 8:40am On Oct 28, 2019
Writercruze:
With yahoo, kidnapping, and ritualist trend in the society today, you can never be too careful when meeting a Nigerian guy you met online..;

So if you add this comment inside the thread you go die abi

Why dragging FTC

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by 24hoursreporter: 8:45am On Oct 28, 2019
Some bloggers for romance section dye smoke weed before they write. What about the ones that steal our things. What should we do about them? Well,

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by TUANKU(m): 8:46am On Oct 28, 2019
Next post how to keep your money/life savings safe when meeting a Nigerian girl you met online.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by Rafwealth: 8:49am On Oct 28, 2019
TUANKU:
Next post how to keep your money/life savings safe when meeting a Nigerian girl you met online.

Oboy na true you talk o. One of my guys invite one babe when him see for Tinda come house. Nna eh, as the babe dey go, she stole the guys' laptop and she never returned the guy's call since then..

10 Likes

Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by money121(m): 1:19pm On Oct 28, 2019
Ok
Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by DrNueLpureHoney: 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2019
Nice tips
Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by tellwisdom: 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2019
And Na person born this one... Tips kee u there angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by Slymonster(m): 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2019
All this are rubbish. No need reading. No be naija girls again
Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by Freemanbobble: 1:21pm On Oct 28, 2019
Okay
Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2019
OP, Nigerian girls won't heed to what you stated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by vibewithme(m): 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2019
Na wa o! Are all guys monsters? It's girls that should make sure of all the facts needed before meeting a random guy na.
Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by Tembebe: 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2019
@Pettyprincess,hope you are reading this.
Not to slight you,but to tell you to read this and learn
Though,this is about Nigerian guys,but men are men everywhere.so open ur eyes.
Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by obainojazz(m): 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2019
tongue
Hold condom in case the guy didn't bring.... Safe sex always

10 Likes

Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by pocohantas(f): 1:23pm On Oct 28, 2019
Guilty conscience.

See as them rush the OP grin

-Follow your instincts. I have very powerful insticts o. It has never failed me. The two times it told me to pull the plug on some guys, it didn't even take them weeks to reveal their true selves.

-Hold your own money. I mean cash and card. This is very important, as na money they bring nonsense.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by Onlydaughter(f): 1:23pm On Oct 28, 2019
#9. When you finally meet him don't stay too long because you might get carried away.

1 Like

Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2019
99.9% of naija ladies on Facebook are prostitutes. I registered Facebook and claimed to be a rich sugar daddy working in oil and gas sector and all the girls and ladies I mentioned shared their nudes with me and agreed to even use their money to pay their way down to see me in Lekki and spend nights with me
if u doubt me then hack into your girlfriend's account and see things for urself.
naija ladies are hoes and all of them are into olosho business.
tufiakwa

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by Pavore9: 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2019
Fireworks approaching! cheesy
Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by Mokason28: 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2019
You forgot to add go along with your own money....
Meanwhile Nigerian gals will never listen to “Don’t Drink too much “”

6 Likes

Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by wethebest(m): 1:25pm On Oct 28, 2019
Nice

1 Like

Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 28, 2019
NUMBER 8 WEAK ME O

[color=#000000][/color]
Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by IMASTEX: 1:25pm On Oct 28, 2019
Okay
Re: How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online by LarrySun(m): 1:25pm On Oct 28, 2019
The same advice should go for men.

Men can be victims too.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Will You Kiss Your Girlfriend/Boyfriend Early In The Morning Without Any Of You Brushing Their Teeth? / How I Ended Up Having S*x With My Wife's Young Sister In Her House / Woman Discovers Husband Has Secret Second Family For 7 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.