Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi (50971 Views)

Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family / Keyamo: LP ‘Riling Up’ Nigerians Against Judiciary Over Presidential Election / Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Simbrixton(m): 9:01am On Oct 31, 2019
dont go back to naija oooo
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Studyinchina200(m): 9:01am On Oct 31, 2019
We will cut our gas supply to Ghana.

1 Like

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Shawnnn01: 9:02am On Oct 31, 2019
You should learn to ignore many foolish Nigerians commenting like lunatics ON NL daily.
They are kids, foolish and mostly PDP. I won't include their tribe for now.
They are also the same set of fools that insult SA not knowing their unborn generation will not witness a development as remarkable as Soweto not even in the best part of Abuja where their dullhead senators crowd themselves.
Most of all they are foolish hand will drag you down the trajectory of their foolishness.
A lot more Nigeria have been complaining about the closure but the govt had to do what it had to do.

chrisagyei:
You Nigerians are very funny oo.I already told you that GUTA already hate you and had just gotten the perfect opportunity to get all Nigerian competitors and traders out from Ghana. Remember that Ghana is already 30 million people and has the second largest economy in West Africa and higher GDP per capita than Nigeria. There're more than 4 million Nigerians living and working in Ghana together with their families. Ghana doesn't really produce anything for exports into West Africa except some few alcoholic companies. Now if these millions of Nigerians living in Ghana are frustrated and forced out of Ghana, your same people will be shouting ECOWAS and xenophobia. Now let's see if any Nigerian will shout ECOWAS again. Just this year,just 400 Nigerian shops and businesses were locked in just one spare parts town in another city called Kumasi alone and you people were all over the place. You wannabe giants were mocking our leaders that they're begging you. For them they always want peace just like the South African leaders try to make peace buh we the people of Ghana don't want to see you Nigerians in our country and don't even care or heard of any border closure .F**k peace. That's the honest situation on the ground .Seriously I love my country Ghana more than myself." God Bless our Homeland Ghana, And Make Her Great And Strong ".I hate to see my fellow brothers and sisters from Nigeria insult my nation Ghana.
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Eteka1(m): 9:05am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
That's why I don't want to see this happen.I just narrated what GUTA wants to do and has in plans.I have many Nigerian friends and I don't wish for any trade wars.That's why our leaders always protects Nigerians in Ghana during these attacks.Kwame Nkrumah will even disown me if I call Nigerians my enemies.He spent all his life trying to unite Africa against the imperialist and I will not destroy his reputation cos Nkrumah a god in Ghana. We just want peace.Buh GUTA always hated you guys and your people in Ghana and now you people have given them the chance to start this xenophobia in Ghana and I can bet you that Ghanaians will now look on and will not even intervene again to defend Nigerians.Come and see them organising press conference to deal with Nigerians. Just this year,they started buh they were cooled off buh now due to your border closure which hardly affects Ghanaians,they are now campaigning for Ghana to ban anything Nigeria in Ghana.Our economy depends on Cocoa,Gold,tourism, timber and oil and any other thing is just minor and won't affect even 2% of the population. So tell your people to thread cautiously.
Nigeria has no issues with Ghana that I know of. Our issue is with the way Benin republic allows the shipment of contraband into Cotonu for onward smuggling into Nigeria.

If Ghana that was not even a target of the border closure wants to fight us, then we are ready, willing and able to retaliate with much greater effect.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Multiplier7(m): 9:05am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
That's why I don't want to see this happen.I just narrated what GUTA wants to do and has in plans.I have many Nigerian friends and I don't wish for any trade wars.That's why our leaders always protects Nigerians in Ghana during these attacks.Kwame Nkrumah will even disown me if I call Nigerians my enemies.He spent all his life trying to unite Africa against the imperialist and I will not destroy his reputation cos Nkrumah a god in Ghana. We just want peace.Buh GUTA always hated you guys and your people in Ghana and now you people have given them the chance to start this xenophobia in Ghana and I can bet you that Ghanaians will now look on and will not even intervene again to defend Nigerians.Come and see them organising press conference to deal with Nigerians. Just this year,they started buh they were cooled off buh now due to your border closure which hardly affects Ghanaians,they are now campaigning for Ghana to ban anything Nigeria in Ghana.Our economy depends on Cocoa,Gold,tourism, timber and oil and any other thing is just minor and won't affect even 2% of the population. So tell your people to thread cautiously.

So those slowspoke GUTA now call the big shots in Ghana. What is your government doing about it.

Government is always supreme. Wait o, except your government is using GUTA as an undercover to blackmail Nigeria into opening its border.

But my friend let me tell you something. It will not work. A child I can beat very well, I don't pray to God to come and help me beat the child

Your government have failed, they should stop whatever GUTA or GUTTER is doing. When Nigerians wanted to burn the businesses of South Africans in Nigeria, our government sworn into action arresting the culprits. That's what a sane government does. But your own government is just there doing nothing. My advice to them is that they should not start what they cannot finish.

Our own government might not stop Nigerians this time around. Nana Akuffo Ado should do something about this, not sleeping when an important meeting is going on grin You know what I mean?

7 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Chinablack: 9:07am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
Yes,GUTA hates Nigerians and all their trades in Ghana.Left with them,all the millions of Nigerians living in Ghana will get out of the country buh our leaders and security personnels always try to stop them from causing any mass closure of businesses and aluta.GUTA represents All Ghanaian traders in Ghana. Ghana has a law that bans any foreigner from trading in Ghana except when you have 1 million dollars as capital buh these Nigerians and foreigners always points to ECOWAS for protection and since you Nigerians closed your borders,although it hardly affected any business except some few alcoholic companies that exported some of it's products to Nigeria and West Africa,they took the opportunity to warn our foreign minister in Ghana of Nigeria defying this same ECOWAS laws protecting their businesses in Ghana by closing the border and told the foreign minister to close our borders too in Ghana or all the foreign Nigerian businesses in Ghana will be locked forever and nobody can shout ECOWAS again.That's what they've started.
both you and so-called guta are economic illiterates, guta as a traders association, can never do without nigeria, if nigeria sustain the current boarder closure, most of them will be put out of business, while your government will lose high revenues. the well-being of ghanian economy is about 70 percent tied to Nigeria. about 90 percent of goods exported to Ghana by Nigerians are not manufactured in ghana while about 90 percent of goods exported to Nigeria by ghanians are manufactured in Nigeria. just pray nigeria doesn't pull out of ecowas treaties, because if they does as being speculated, ghanians will desert their country.

4 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by maasoap(m): 9:07am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
Yes,GUTA hates Nigerians and all their trades in Ghana.Left with them,all the millions of Nigerians living in Ghana will get out of the country buh our leaders and security personnels always try to stop them from causing any mass closure of businesses and aluta.GUTA represents All Ghanaian traders in Ghana. Ghana has a law that bans any foreigner from trading in Ghana except when you have 1 million dollars as capital buh these Nigerians and foreigners always points to ECOWAS for protection and since you Nigerians closed your borders,although it hardly affected any business except some few alcoholic companies that exported some of it's products to Nigeria and West Africa,they took the opportunity to warn our foreign minister in Ghana of Nigeria defying this same ECOWAS laws protecting their businesses in Ghana by closing the border and told the foreign minister to close our borders too in Ghana or all the foreign Nigerian businesses in Ghana will be locked forever and nobody can shout ECOWAS again.That's what they've started.

Las las, na you guys go use your hands to bring your own economy down. Nigeria closed her land borders due to smuggling and terrorism but you had been closing and locking the shops owned by Nigerians in your country in the past 3 to 4 years.

8 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Unrated900(m): 9:08am On Oct 31, 2019
bobbybrown007:
They dont understand at all, they should just endure at least for 3yearz, by then baba would have gone.

Confirm
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Elsanchez: 9:09am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
You Nigerians are very funny oo.I already told you that GUTA already hate you and had just gotten the perfect opportunity to get all Nigerian competitors and traders out from Ghana. Remember that Ghana is already 30 million people and has the second largest economy in West Africa and higher GDP per capita than Nigeria. There're more than 4 million Nigerians living and working in Ghana together with their families. Ghana doesn't really produce anything for exports into West Africa except some few alcoholic companies. Now if these millions of Nigerians living in Ghana are frustrated and forced out of Ghana, your same people will be shouting ECOWAS and xenophobia. Now let's see if any Nigerian will shout ECOWAS again. Just this year,just 400 Nigerian shops and businesses were locked in just one spare parts town in another city called Kumasi alone and you people were all over the place. You wannabe giants were mocking our leaders that they're begging you. For them they always want peace just like the South African leaders try to make peace buh we the people of Ghana don't want to see you Nigerians in our country and don't even care or heard of any border closure .F**k peace. That's the honest situation on the ground .Seriously I love my country Ghana more than myself." God Bless our Homeland Ghana, And Make Her Great And Strong ".I hate to see my fellow brothers and sisters from Nigeria insult my nation Ghana.

You love your country yet you are on NAIRALAND

why dont you go to "CEDISLAND"

Simpleton like you

5 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by sonature1: 9:09am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:

I noticed that most Ghanaians on Nairaland don't use paragraphs.

Weren't you taught that in school?

Take it or leave it, Ghana cannot win any war with Nigeria...not in your dreams!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by BotherMleeper(m): 9:09am On Oct 31, 2019
Ghana must go!

......no not the bag.

I mean literally.

1 Like

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by DBossNG(m): 9:10am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
what border,seriously GUTA is fooling you guys.I wish you would understand our Twi language,I would have shared a video of GUTA executive whom already hate Nigeria even before this border and has seized the opportunity to get all Nigerians out of Ghana. They don't want your borders open because we don't even benefit from your market except alomo bitters buh you people always benefit from our market thus millions of Nigerians living in Ghana and doing businesses. They beg our government to get all Nigerians out of Ghana including their businesses buh our government always try to act diplomatic and fails the people. Your people are all over the place committing crimes and prostitution and they're nuisance to our country. It's our country and we don't want anymore Nigerians over here. That's simple.Tell your people to leave our country.!!!

Which country? Do you have one? I pity you.

1 Like

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Area4Area: 9:10am On Oct 31, 2019
martowskin1:

U think the will come in that form as we did, no they won't, they will look for where they have edge and strike.

I just hope and pray we don't regret this actions of ours...

because i see all west Africa countries coming together to look for solution against what Nigeria is doing.

And it won't go well
Don't fret for Nigeria, the rest of ECOWAS is not up to 50% of Nigeria in population or GDP. They all combined account for a negligible amount in our trade, rather you should be bothered about decline in economic activities in those countries.
This closure alone will wipe out about 20% of Benin's GDP in this last quarter of the year because smuggling goods into Nigeria accounts for 20% of its GDP, that of Ghana would be affected too because so many companies that exports to Nigeria would downsize and lay off workers, less tax and earnings by their already broke government. As per those Ghanaians ranting and wailing, let them continue, the closure is already biting their economy and that's why from their ministers to the man on street are all wishing Nigeria opens the border.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Dagrace01(m): 9:11am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
Heyah! Why are you crying now? Hasnt gotten to that extent? Dont worry your big brother Nigeria got your back. We aren't doing this because we wanna hurt you, we are doing it because somethings had to be put in place. We need an international and trans-border trade that'll not only make our junior brothers like Ghana, Benin, Niger, Chad, Cameroun, and Togo benefit, but likewise we the breadwinners. The issue is that no matter how you lament or lock Nigerians shops in Kumasi or Accra, Nigeria don't care, we are building on something that will boost our economy and nothing will stop that.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Angelfrost(m): 9:12am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:

Sigh... Then, why the fvck are you ranting on a media handle owned exclusively by a Nigerian??!... Isn't there Twitter, Instagram, or "Cediland"??!...

That border will remain closed... Deport them all for all I care. Let's all keep within our bloody boundaries!!! We too have had enough of your condescending bullsh*t!!!

4 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Area4Area: 9:12am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
what border,seriously GUTA is fooling you guys.I wish you would understand our Twi language,I would have shared a video of GUTA executive whom already hate Nigeria even before this border and has seized the opportunity to get all Nigerians out of Ghana. They don't want your borders open because we don't even benefit from your market except alomo bitters buh you people always benefit from our market thus millions of Nigerians living in Ghana and doing businesses. They beg our government to get all Nigerians out of Ghana including their businesses buh our government always try to act diplomatic and fails the people. Your people are all over the place committing crimes and prostitution and they're nuisance to our country. It's our country and we don't want anymore Nigerians over here. That's simple.Tell your people to leave our country.!!!
I thought your GUTA or GUTTER can push them out, what are its members waiting for?
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by SenecaTheYonger: 9:14am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
I love my country Ghana more than myself.

This is one of the things I like about Ghanaians. As for the rest of your post, I believe you're greatly mistaken. Don't pay attention to the loud minority.
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by greall12(m): 9:15am On Oct 31, 2019
SORRY! STOP CRYING

chrisagyei:
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Area4Area: 9:16am On Oct 31, 2019
gwinaB:

It's really amazing to see people write so ignorantly. Ask the traders in Ghana or your minister of Ghana if it's just "some few alcoholic companies that exported some of it's products to Nigeria and West Africa"
Don't mind that one trying to pass false information
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by BBBmall25: 9:17am On Oct 31, 2019
Ghana Again?
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by ZombieDestroyer: 9:19am On Oct 31, 2019
martowskin1:

[s]U think the will come in that form as we did, no they won't, they will look for where they have edge and strike.

I just hope and pray we don't regret this actions of ours...

because i see all west Africa countries coming together to look for solution against what Nigeria is doing.

And it won't go well[/s]

You are a bloody Ghanaian!

So stop fooling yourself and pretending to be a Nigerian!!
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Angelfrost(m): 9:19am On Oct 31, 2019
obidark:

stfu....!!
who the hell do you think you are threatnin here....??!!
ghanaians...??!!

i will slap you with a body bag....!! angry angry

You are the one not making sense... You come into a Nigerian-owned forum to talk trash, and make empty threats??! What effrontery, what temerity??!

I once thought Ghana citizens were half as learned as Nigerians... Now, I see I under-estimated your general poor intelligence. Pity!!!

2 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Jaqenhghar: 9:22am On Oct 31, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
These Ghanaians are sore losers grin grin
They shouldn't start what they cannot finish.

What is going to happen? What will your givernemnt do to retaliate?
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by etrange: 9:24am On Oct 31, 2019
The African version of trade war is very physical. Lol
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Multiplier7(m): 9:25am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
idiot,don't you see the guy doing politics and talking about when they came to power in 2017.Now according to him,they've managed the economy better and we enjoyed a surplus for the first time in 2018.Now inflation rate is 7.6% which is a 27 year old record and Ghana is now the fastest growing economy in Africa by 8% growth.Oh and no Ghanaian will ever live in this failed Nigeria. It's an abomination. What you have there are half Ghanaians, half Nigerians whose parents run to Nigeria in the 70s crisis and even with them,most of them have returned back to Ghana just to survive. Ghana houses more Nigerians running into millions than any country in the world. And 99% countries in the world run budget deficits. That's why countries borrow money to decrease their deficits

And again, don't ever call me idiot again. That I am trying to help reset your brain on internet should not warrant you to call me names. I never did, so don't.

Let's talk this thing out like gentlemen not like touts of which you might be but am not.

Cheers Charlie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Kemkemgirl(f): 9:27am On Oct 31, 2019
Sport news as e dey hot �
Don't forget to subscribe (pls)

Patchy discussion of Sports stories all around with bias Nigerian Content got U17 gist too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFgUHwymrCo
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by NigeriaIsDoomed: 9:30am On Oct 31, 2019
samorobo:
Jeez the zoo is broke and they want to lock shop....Ghana sick ass economy is a charade..

Thank God they would be going to the polls next year to vote for reality rather than akufFO fictions and hallucinations grin grin grin

Zooooooooo grin
lol...hahahaha.
Zoo Republic of Banku Eaters is broke hahahaha....they used all the money to buy banku
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Abagworo(m): 9:31am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:

These actions prove Ghanaians are weak and cannot even compete with Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Germi9: 9:32am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
Eyahh!!! The boy is really bitter and depressed. Okay here's the deal,is there a tree in your backyard?sneak towards the tree with a rope in your hand and hang yourself. This way you are free from perpetual bitterness

1 Like

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by NigeriaIsDoomed: 9:32am On Oct 31, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

What is going to happen? What will your givernemnt do to retaliate?
You are already crying like babies cheesy grin
Go and read about Buhari
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Area4Area: 9:32am On Oct 31, 2019
Multiplier7:
It is pride that will kill this Ghana of a country.
If you need help. Ask for help and don't be shy about it.

Don't show strength to Nigerian Economy more giantic than your economy
This border closure would further decelerate their economic growth rate in this last quarter of the year, imagine it has been decelerating since the beginning of the year before the border closure sef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Zuluhead(m): 9:32am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
when they turn down the power for electricity then you would realise there is more to it than just ranting.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

IPOB Reveals Identities Of Unknown Gunmen, Declares Them Wanted / Kemi Adeosun Summarised Cv / Man Bathes In A Gutter To Celebrate Buhari's Victory. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.