Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Should I Continue Blogging? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Should I Continue Blogging? (8864 Views)

My New Blog Stats Under Three Months, Should I Continue? / Aminat Olajumoke Ajibola Amiloaded: "Blogging Is Not For The Feeble-minded" / Why Mobile Blogging Is On The Cutting Edge And Why You Should Join (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Continue Blogging? by Solacemk: 1:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
Hi my fellow Nairalanders. I need urgent advice from you.

I started a blog last 2 months, i applied for AdSense and got approval, i started posting ads this October, to my surprise i just earned $3 for the whole month, pls does it make any sense? And will it improve? And is it ok to start with $3? My hosting is expiring soon coz it's not annual subscription. I'm thinking of quiting. Please advise me. thank you all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by Donmoscojaja(m): 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2019
Solacemk:

I started a blog last 2 months, i applied for AdSense and got approval, i started posting ads this October, to my surprise i just earned $3 for the whole month, pls does it make any sense? And will it improve? And is it ok to start with $3? My hosting is expiring soon coz it's not annual subscription. I'm thinking of quiting. Please advise me. thank you all.

I wouldn't advice you quit...you can move to blogger, but what niche?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by bedfordng(m): 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2019
that is AdSense for you especially when you just started without much traffic . getting AdSense is one thing, earning from it is another.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by CallMeDrino: 4:42pm On Oct 31, 2019
I'm in your shoes.

Especially if you are using Naija AdSense

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 31, 2019
Solacemk:

Making money from Blogging is more than just Adsense!

If you know what you are doing, then continue, but if you are blogging for Adsense, forget it.

Go look for something else doing! cool

18 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by semasir: 6:43pm On Oct 31, 2019
Work on your traffic, you'll get something tangible over time
Solacemk:

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by eliok(m): 10:53pm On Oct 31, 2019
Truth. Please quit. Save yourself the stress.
Join amazon e-book publishing. You can earn more in a month or three months.

Blogging takes a year

5 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by SConnect: 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2019
Solacemk:

My hosting is expiring soon coz it's not annual subscription. I'm thinking of quiting. Please advise me. thank you all.

Our offer may interest you, if you are looking for a Reliable Web Hosting Provider for your website.

Kindly check my signature.

Thanks.

Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by fastseo: 1:18am On Nov 02, 2019
To the opp, please have patience. Get one full year hosting or even 2 years. That's what we do.
I invest good amount of money on blogging.

This year alone I have bought domain of over 200k naira. Not to talk of hiring people to write on 50k to 100k monthly fee on cost.

Although all that cost is earn twice via adsense. In one month from a blog that's less than 1 year old. Anyone telling u to stop adsense don't know what he is saying.

You can go for namecheap 1 year hosting which is less than 6k with free ssl.

Lastly Check your content if they are copy and paste.. If it's copy n paste you will have little room for improvement on traffic.

updated
I saw some people trying to reach me on mail. Actually no need so I have to put up this below
Blogging is not overcrowded there is still much stuff, products and things that come up everyday. Those talking about Linda ikeji should know that Linda ikeji only blog on celebrity gist which is just a tiny fraction of the total blogosphere.

People are saying blogging for passion. Well they might be right.
But majority of Blogger I know making money are actually blogging on things they know nothing about. I can go to Amazon look for a product that I haven't heard of although ahrefs.com is my guide. I will hire writers to do justice to That.

Another way of finding profitable niches is by registering on flipper and they will be sending you sites that are for sale. Just look at those niches which didn't take them time to grow. Like 1 year to 2 years old domain making 500 to 2000$ per month. Then copy those strategies.

Avoid compatative niches or keyword unless you know your way around doing that. There is a string to pull through but I won't mention it here.

Bottom line is that blogging for passion is not a must. Serious bloggers are blogging for money and business

12 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by Solacemk: 9:47am On Nov 02, 2019
fastseo:
To the opp, please have patience. Get one full year hosting or even 2 years. That's what we do.
I invest good amount of money on blogging.

This year alone I have bought domain of over 200k naira. Not to talk of hiring people to write on 50k to 100k monthly fee on cost.

Although all that cost is earn twice via adsense. In one month from a blog that's less than 1 year old. Anyone telling u to stop adsense don't know what he is saying.

You can go for namecheap 1 year hosting which is less than 6k with free ssl.

Lastly Check your content if they are copy and paste.. If it's copy n paste you will have little room for improvement on traffic.

Thank you very much

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by fastseo: 12:14pm On Nov 02, 2019
Solacemk:

Thank you very much

Hope you do keywords research before writing? Keep a list of topics to write on.
Ahrefs.com will guide u.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by Solacemk: 5:30pm On Nov 03, 2019
fastseo:

Hope you do keywords research before writing? Keep a list of topics to write on.
Ahrefs.com will guide u.
I don't know about that, but i will

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by iCauseTrouble: 6:52am On Nov 04, 2019
shocked
Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:53am On Nov 04, 2019
BLOGGING takes a whole lot of patience.

Take that from yours truly.

It took us 10 months before we started making $4K dollars monthly on our blog.

PATIENCE is the key!

All the very best man.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by franchasng: 6:53am On Nov 04, 2019
Use the $3 and sow a seed and watch it grow like Iroko in 3 months shocked shocked

For details of where to sow the seed, mention me, don't PM wink

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by setobaba: 6:54am On Nov 04, 2019
Space successfully booked
Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by Guyman02: 6:54am On Nov 04, 2019
Have a little patience, use keywords that search algorithm easily recognise to boost traffic.
Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by netpro(m): 6:54am On Nov 04, 2019
Solacemk:

What you need is to first build up your blog, populate it with quality contents, grow and have active social media following.

If money is your first and major interest, just quit now.

But if you are willing to put 10 month to 1 year of work into your blog before expecting profit, then fold your sleeves and go to work.
Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by friendlyadvice: 6:55am On Nov 04, 2019
Solacemk:

Get a real job you broke bitch

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by AmuDimpka: 6:56am On Nov 04, 2019
Solacemk:

Just like anything in life, you have two options...to have patience or quit

But wait a minute ....where you thinking of making millions from blogging ...are you Linda ikeji ...are you as pretty as her or are you Seun

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by SolarRen(m): 6:57am On Nov 04, 2019
Imagine if the chairman of Amazon quitted in 1999 when things were rough and hazy. Would he be the richest man today?
Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by abescom: 6:58am On Nov 04, 2019
I earned $97 in my first one year. Now I make on average $2000 a month. Used to be almost 5 times more than this unfortunately due to health I can't any more.

Next March would be my 12th year. No regrets whatsoever.

What I did?

I stopped following the trends. I learnt to read alot. Forget all the so called gurus, they will frustrate you.

Go on webmaster forums, read a lot and learn to work smart and hard.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by InvertedHammer: 6:58am On Nov 04, 2019
/
Many people started and eventually abandoned blogging after the Linda Ikeji story broke out the first time.
From mama put, hotels, satchet water to POS outlet, Nigerians are looking for any business that looks promising and everyone will jump in and destroy that industry.

Go and find your niche. "Copy and paste" blogging has frustrated many before you and your case "may" not be different.

Just quit.

/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by Owerri1stSon: 7:00am On Nov 04, 2019
CallMeDrino:
I'm in your shoes.

Especially if you are using Naija AdSense

They are the same sir.. Naija or U.S ...

Depending on how much traffic you have and the audience that clicks the ads
Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by abescom: 7:02am On Nov 04, 2019
AmuDimpka:

Just like anything in life, you have two options...to have patience or quit

But wait a minute ....where you thinking of making millions from blogging ...are you Linda ikeji ...are you as pretty as her or are you Seun
I was making on average 2m per month before my health took a hit due to overworking. May was 4m, April around same, March around 2m, February around 2m, January 3m, December 2018 circa 1m, November 2018 3m. I can show prove if you want. Note I don't sell guides or mentorship, I have a family and business which takes my time.

I may not be making as much as Linda ( and we are not in same fields ) but millions monthly is possible.

The problem with you Nigerians is that you dobt work hard enough and expect money. I used to work on average 16 hours per day Monday to Friday then 8-10 hours Saturday. Circa 3 hours on Sunday ( since as an usher I most often don't get home before 5pm and leaves home before 7am ).

12 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by CallMeDrino: 7:03am On Nov 04, 2019
Owerri1stSon:

They are the same sir.. Naija or U.S ...

Depending on how much traffic you have and the audience that clicks the ads

Lol no, the CPC is higher than each other

I made over 30£ in less than 2 months when I was using UK AdSense

But it's been over 2 months with Naija AdSense now and I haven't made 10$

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue Blogging? by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 04, 2019
don't give up if you really want to do it see I make 0.16 dollars on my first month on Amazon kdp but I won't give up cos that's a sign of greatness.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Online Payment Gateway In Nigeria? / Re-branding Nigeria Website / Advice On Setting Up New Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.