Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

How Mobolaji Johnson Transformed Marina As Lagos Governor (PHOTOS) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Mobolaji Johnson Transformed Marina As Lagos Governor (PHOTOS) (47399 Views)

Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) / Peter Obi Prays For Soludo On His 1st Anniversary As Anambra Governor (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu’s Wife Receives One-Day Lagos Governor (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Mobolaji Johnson Transformed Marina As Lagos Governor (PHOTOS) by 2naira50kobo: 3:38pm On Nov 04, 2019
“All this by Flavor-Pairing?” I asked.

I met an old friend for lunch last month and I was super impressed with how good she looked.

She said, “It’s not so much about the Flavor-Pairing, but more about how it re-awakens what the Japanese call, ‘the weight loss doubling molecule’ which signals 22-hour a day fat-burning effect in the female body.”

Even though I was skeptical, I’ve been struggling with my weight over the last few years, so I gave it a shot and completed the same quiz she took.

Well, it’s only a couple weeks later and you know what they say about how “you can’t transform your body overnight”...

....They’re right, it actually takes 16 days.

Now it’s my girlfriends asking ME what I’M doing differently �

Tap The Directory Below to find out how this could help you too!

https://www.cinderellasolution.com/?hop=emmybro77

1 Like

Re: How Mobolaji Johnson Transformed Marina As Lagos Governor (PHOTOS) by bayodele73(m): 3:44pm On Nov 04, 2019
Carbon2Oxide:
Where is the transformation
you read before commenting.
Re: How Mobolaji Johnson Transformed Marina As Lagos Governor (PHOTOS) by Flygeriansteve: 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2019
AshipaEk0:

what if i told you that the place the Post Office is was actually also reclaimed, down all the way to Broad street to Igbosere road?

One of the perks of meeting your great grandparents alive as a Lagosian is that they tell you facts that would otherwise have been lost to history grin

the water front (Ebute) was waaaaay further back. most of the Land around Broad Street, Marina, down to TBS today was actually reclaimed water and swamp by the Colonial Govt.

the 'Marina' was practically recreated.

Obalende, down to Dodan Barracks was really water and swamp.

this website has a lot of Colonial era lagos pictures so you can picture what it was like

https://artsandculture.google.com/exhibit/colonial-footprints-lagos-then-and-now/ARivCwds

Thank you for sharing
Re: How Mobolaji Johnson Transformed Marina As Lagos Governor (PHOTOS) by Osobi32(m): 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2019
When Nigeria was a country with visionary leaders but now it's a zoo with power hungry politicians.
Re: How Mobolaji Johnson Transformed Marina As Lagos Governor (PHOTOS) by KayCee92(m): 5:28pm On Nov 04, 2019
HospitalityDiva:
How very low our standards have fallen in this country.

Today, we celebrate the filling of potholes on roads built 40 years ago.

Meanwhile, I produce and sell bed sheets and Duvets. See my profile and signature for details.

#Support My Hustle

All I can say is that the bed on ur profile looks good for two grin
Re: How Mobolaji Johnson Transformed Marina As Lagos Governor (PHOTOS) by lagosinnovator: 5:48pm On Nov 04, 2019
All these civilians are scammers. Lagos that is supposed to be building products to other states.
Re: How Mobolaji Johnson Transformed Marina As Lagos Governor (PHOTOS) by DMerciful(m): 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2019
Every Lagos governor is adjudged to be a performer. Even with her resources, Lagos is not upto Nairobi how much more of Cairo, Johannesburg, Cape Town etc. Audio performers!
Re: How Mobolaji Johnson Transformed Marina As Lagos Governor (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 04, 2019
Carbon2Oxide:

Yes i saw that. I just thought there was more embarassed

Has any Lagos State Governor in the past 25 years done anything worth this value and at the same time very beneficial to the Lagos populace, except for the Bustop at Oshodi.

More ko, more ni.
Re: How Mobolaji Johnson Transformed Marina As Lagos Governor (PHOTOS) by justtoodark: 7:06pm On Nov 04, 2019
this is impressive....i didnt know that area was so near to water....
Re: How Mobolaji Johnson Transformed Marina As Lagos Governor (PHOTOS) by Legendguru: 7:10pm On Nov 04, 2019
Oh
Re: How Mobolaji Johnson Transformed Marina As Lagos Governor (PHOTOS) by goat22: 8:51pm On Nov 04, 2019
Carbon2Oxide:

More like it.. cheesy

Are you Mr. Ebgenvenevo from ubucholochi in Benin? Your uncle is Dr. Echubobo Buttoka from Togo?
Re: How Mobolaji Johnson Transformed Marina As Lagos Governor (PHOTOS) by koffsman(m): 1:11am On Nov 05, 2019
This man is an icon he had good plans for Lagos state if only he had more time he would have done a lot of good
Re: How Mobolaji Johnson Transformed Marina As Lagos Governor (PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 7:48am On Nov 06, 2019
saintokwuluora:
Same reclamation was done in Lekki and currently on going at the Eko Atlantic City. Little wonder experts say Lagos is one of the cities in world that will be submerged in the ocean by 2050 if adequate precautions are not taken. Already floods are annually showing us sign of what may ultimately and unfortunately be the destiny of our dear Lagos.

Amsterdam is way much more below sea-level than Lagos, but remains thriving...
Climate change will affect all coastal settlements, but the difference will be the use of technology.
>
Re: How Mobolaji Johnson Transformed Marina As Lagos Governor (PHOTOS) by AlphaTaikun: 11:17pm On Oct 14, 2022
AshipaEk0:

what if i told you that the place the Post Office is was actually also reclaimed, down all the way to Broad street to Igbosere road?

One of the perks of meeting your great grandparents alive as a Lagosian is that they tell you facts that would otherwise have been lost to history grin

the water front (Ebute) was waaaaay further back. most of the Land around Broad Street, Marina, down to TBS today was actually reclaimed water and swamp by the Colonial Govt.

the 'Marina' was practically recreated.

Obalende, down to Dodan Barracks was really water and swamp.

this website has a lot of Colonial era lagos pictures so you can picture what it was like

https://artsandculture.google.com/exhibit/colonial-footprints-lagos-then-and-now/ARivCwds
That's awesome! You're right about those Lagos Island reclamations from swamps.

This is similar to what we have in the Florida area in the U.S. where land
is reclaimed from swamps for new housing projects.

Eko o ni baje.

Cc: Sukkot.

P.S.
The first picture below is a 1929 aerial view of the race course on Eko (Lagos) Island, and to the lower left is Victoria Island. In 1948, land was purchased from the Oniru ruling house by the Lagos colonial development authority to develop Iruland (otherwise known as Victoria Island) and the land owners or indigenes were resettled at Maroko on the eastern side of the
island.

In July 1990, Maroko was forcibly demolished on the orders of
the Lagos State military governor Raji Rasaki because it had become a slum, it was below sea level and often got flooded. What is today known as Victoria Island Extension, and Lekki
Phase 1 [on the Lekki Peninsula] used to be parts of the
sprawling Maroko!

The Bar beach area was where the original settlement of the
Yoruba indigenes of Victoria Island was located.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria / Jimi Agbaje Quits PDP, Speaks On The Next Plan As FFK Reacts / Dean Hurlock: Nnamdi Kanu Was Not Arrested In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.