Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 (3634 Views)

Achebe And Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 To Beg IBB To Spare Vatsa / Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) / Vatsa’s Son To Buhari To Resign From Politics, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by Mamajama(m): 1:59pm On May 22, 2007
Hajia Safiya Vatsa, widow of the late former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, General Mamman Vatsa, is dead. She was aged 56. Hajia Safiya died in the early hours of Monday at her residence in Kaduna after a brief illness

May her soul rest in peace. Now who will go after IBB

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2007/may/22/newsbreak%2022-05-2007-001.htm

1 Like

Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by babasin(m): 5:01pm On May 22, 2007
Now who will go after IBB

what does that mean?
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by BigB11(m): 5:12pm On May 22, 2007
Very very sad news. She was just too young to go like that; may her soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by Afam(m): 5:29pm On May 22, 2007
May her soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by babasin(m): 5:31pm On May 22, 2007
She was just too young to go like that;

are you sure??

In Nigeria life expactancy is 44yrs. She actually over lived, may be if OBJ had improved the country , things would have been better.

http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/nigeria_statistics.html
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by Iman3(m): 5:35pm On May 22, 2007
babasin:

are you sure??

In Nigeria life expactancy is 44yrs. She actually over lived, may be if OBJ had improved the country , things would have been better.

I have been hoping to ask experts about this issue of life expectancy.How accurate is it?I find it hard to believe that the average Nigerian will die at the age of 44
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by laudate: 5:39pm On May 22, 2007
May God console the poor children she left behind!
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by BigB11(m): 5:41pm On May 22, 2007
If that is the case, then this new administration should work on improving the result of this statistics.

Life supposed to start at 50 not end at 44.
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by Mamajama(m): 5:59pm On May 22, 2007
babasin:

In Nigeria life expectancy is 44yrs. She actually over lived, may be if OBJ had improved the country , things would have been better.

where on earth do you get your information from? My father is over 60, my grandmother is 96 years old, and her sister is still kicking at 101

I have uncles and relatives who have never been to the doctor or have dental work done and they are all still kicking it,

People need to really stop spreading this sentimental nonsense news about 44 years life expectancy in Nigeria. I kid you not, over 40 % of Nigerians at home are over 44 years of age.
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by McKren(m): 6:05pm On May 22, 2007
where on earth do you get your information from? My father is over 60, my grandmother is 96 years old, and her sister is still kicking at 101

LOL this is why our population keeps increasing in exponential other
people refuse to die. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by Iman3(m): 6:11pm On May 22, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

I have uncles and relatives who have never been to the doctor or have dental work done and they are all still kicking it,

People need to really stop spreading this sentimental nonsense news about 44 years life expectancy in Nigeria. I kid you not, over 40 % of Nigerians at home are over 44 years of age.

The fact that your relatives lived past 44 does not tell us anything about life expectancy.As I understand it,it means how long the average Nigerian at birth is expected to live.Knowing a few people who have lived past that age tells us nothing

I personally think it is flawed but I have not seen any well researched work attacking the life expectancy figures
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by Mamajama(m): 6:12pm On May 22, 2007
No offense, it just get old when people blame our leaders for all the issues in Nigeria.  what about the people at the banks wanting kickbacks before they help you open account?
what about the hotel guest that is looking up for a tip for doing their jobs?
true we have been misled and stolen from, its time we unite and come together as one and drive this nation forward.
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by Mamajama(m): 6:15pm On May 22, 2007
DO you know how many people die from strange illness in the state everyday? you don't see the media here insinuating that life expectancy in America is 44 or some illusion number. we have people that are taking their HERB on regular basis.

you cant compare how alert and active a 90 years old in Nigeria is compare to all this burger eating people in the state, if you don't believe me go to the village and see for yourself.
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by abiodunade(m): 6:17pm On May 22, 2007
May her soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by Iman3(m): 6:21pm On May 22, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

DO you know how many people die from strange illness in the state everyday? you don't see the media here insinuating that life expectancy in America is 44 or some illusion number. we have people that are taking their HERB on regular basis.

you can't compare how alert and active a 90 years old in Nigeria is compare to all this burger eating people in the state, if you don't believe me go to the village and see for yourself.

From personal observation alone,Westerners live longer than Nigerians,without a shadow of doubt.What I disagree with,is the low level often stated as our life expectancy.I know its lower than the West but not as low as 44
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by BigB11(m): 6:24pm On May 22, 2007
The bottom line is "government or leaders must do their part to improve standard of living in Nigeria".

What sense does it make if you live up to 101 years, but struggle to eat 2 meals a day since the age of 15 years old?

I call it dead people walking around for a very long time.
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by Mamajama(m): 6:33pm On May 22, 2007
Big B1 I disagree with you on that statement
"What sense does it make if you live up to 101 years, but struggle to eat 2 meals a day since the age of 15 years old?"

All that glitter is not gold, do you know it requires 2 family income and a per time job to live comfortable in the United state? people are working over 40 hours a day just to get caught up on their bills, people can't afford to take a day off without pay to enjoy or stay home with their family members. All we do here is work work and more work. sure standard of living in Nigeria is nothing to write home about but from recent research done by the so called EXPERTS. people in Europe are working less and enjoying better leasure time as compare to the people in the state
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by BigB11(m): 6:43pm On May 22, 2007
First, Nigerians do not mind to work 300 hours a week for a better standard of living, but there is no enough jobs and government doesn't care. And no one is comparing United States to Nigeria; trust me, I'm not that stupid.

Now what is better standard of living?
1. Easy access to better medical
2. Constant water supply
3. Constant electric power supply
4. Better security for the citizens
5. Better roads
6. Better airplanes and airports
7. More jobs for the citizens
8. Better education and so on.

@MAMAJAMA: let me ask you a question:
In Chicago, whenever you finish using the toilet and flush, have you ever thought of where the shit goes?

I'm sure you've never; and that is an example of a better standard of living

Do I need to say more?
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by Mamajama(m): 6:46pm On May 22, 2007
True, but at what expense are we paying for all this luxury that we enjoy in America? do you know what TAX is? how many people are willing to pay tax in Nigeria and not cut CORNER as it is so called?

not until we implement a creditable tax system and educate the people on various issues then Nigeria will never change.

and No that is nasty i don't look in the toilet after taken a CRAP. YUCK
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by Colonia(m): 9:04pm On May 22, 2007
May her soul rest in peace.

@Mamajama
Nigeria law need to be revisited especially our tax law.
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by BigB11(m): 9:17pm On May 22, 2007
We must first be organized as a nation before we can implement effective tax law.
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by Colonia(m): 9:20pm On May 22, 2007
@ BIG B1
Good Point .
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by mellow(m): 6:49am On May 23, 2007
May her gentle soul rest in peace.

R.I.P.
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by stranger12: 10:43am On May 23, 2007
From the definition of life expectancy;
The average number of additional years a person would live if current mortality trends were to continue. Life expectancy at birth is the mean length of life of individuals subjected from birth to current mortality trends. Life expectancy is usually computed on the basis of a life table showing the probability of dying at each age for a given population according to the age-specific death rates prevailing at a given period.

the life expectancy is low because of the poor medical system in Nigeria.

Child mortality was estimated at 191 per 1000 live births (children that don't make it to their 1st birthday)
National mortality is 2.34 million per year
About 0.8% of women die during child birth (that means about 1 in every 100 pregnant women don't make it back home from the hospital)

That is why the life expectancy is low.

got my facts from UNICEF and goole
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by angel101(f): 11:01am On May 23, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

No offense, it just get old when people blame our leaders for all the issues in Nigeria.  what about the people at the banks wanting kickbacks before they help you open account?

kick back to open account? thats news to me.

MAMAJAMA:

what about the hotel guest that is looking up for a tip for doing their jobs?

i guess u meant hotel staff? happens more in america.

MAMAJAMA:

do u realise that people still die in nigeria from malaria! and child birth?

Big B1:

The bottom line is "government or leaders must do their part to improve standard of living in Nigeria".

What sense does it make if you live up to 101 years, but struggle to eat 2 meals a day since the age of 15 years old?

I call it dead people walking around for a very long time.

absolutely spot on.

MAMAJAMA:

Big B1 I disagree with you on that statement
"What sense does it make if you live up to 101 years, but struggle to eat 2 meals a day since the age of 15 years old?"

All that glitter is not gold, do you know it requires 2 family income and a per time job to live comfortable in the United state?

u are talking of comfort. we are talking of survival

MAMAJAMA:

True, but at what expense are we paying for all this luxury that we enjoy in America? do you know what TAX is? how many people are willing to pay tax in Nigeria and not cut CORNER as it is so called?

not until we implement a creditable tax system and educate the people on various issues then Nigeria will never change.

again we are talking of survival not luxury. and why should i be willing to pay tax when i do not recieve the services my tax is meant to pay for. besides a fraction of nigerians do pay tax. everyone in coporate employment has tax deducted at source.
Re: Vatsa’s Widow, Safiya, Dies At 56 by angel101(f): 11:03am On May 23, 2007
Big B1:

Now what is better standard of living?
1. Easy access to better medical
2. Constant water supply
3. Constant electric power supply
4. Better security for the citizens
5. Better roads
6. Better airplanes and airports
7. More jobs for the citizens
8. Better education and so on.

i think the average nigerian will even be happy with #1,2,3 & 4

(1) (Reply)

Gbenga Daniel, Wale Alausa And Their Projected Atrocities! / Where Is The Jonathan We Elected? / Defamatory Video: Okupe’s Lawyer Writes Linda Ikeji, Demands Immediate Apology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.