Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,504 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) (55126 Views)

Akwa Ibom Science College Where Students Are Raised In Squalour / Checkout Nigerian University Where Students Pay N25k For Lab Coat / Adam Memorial Secondary School Araya, Delta, Where Students Sit On The Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Stefaniebo(f): 7:56pm On Nov 01, 2019
t

1 Like

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 01, 2019
badmrkt:
you sir, you are a fooool

And you are as beautiful as Beyonce.

Ta Ra.
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Hotzone(m): 7:56pm On Nov 01, 2019
It’s better to be guilty than north
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Stefaniebo(f): 7:58pm On Nov 01, 2019
this is a very pitiable situation. if governors children were allowed to attend the government schools in Nigeria. I bet government schools would be better than this. abandoned and forgotten issues are government schools. no renovation, nothing. and this is what we call education in Nigeria. Shame on this nation for greediness and negligence has eaten deep into the system
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by solsticey2k3(m): 7:59pm On Nov 01, 2019
And some people play around in a house for 90 days, and start getting endorsements worth millions before and after leaving the house.

If we start to reason that the value of just one endorsement can go a long way in helping the academic wellbeing of students like this, the better.

2 Likes

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2019
Sirmuel1:
Why can't we just hear good news about this country? At least for once.

Good news is that buhari is your president
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2019
PoliticalWitch:
Well, the solution is simple.

Pay higher fees.

And before anyone starts, Nigeria needs at least 3.5trillion naira annually to adequately fund education at primary and secondary level.

You cannot expect UK standard with 20 percent of UK budget

Why are you so economical with the truth??!... Some people will actually nod along with you.

Those kids are not asking for the highest or most adequate level of education. What will it really cost to refurbish that school for Pete sake... How much will roofing and repainting cost??! How much??!...

You guys just leave pertinent issues to beat about the bush. The senator of that zone can handle that without denting his wallet.

2 Likes

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by BIGPREEQ: 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2019
Jacobx007:
I know the situation of this school will get to Nairaland someday, it was just a matter of time.

I was in d school for inspection of WASSCE SC 2019 and I couldn't believe my eyes, such utter disrepair and dilapidation. The pictures here did not capture the whole story.

shocked shocked are you being serious??

1 Like

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by arrestdarrester: 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2019
post=83662890:
What an eyesore!

Wait Ooo...is that all you will say?

1 Like

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Sirmuel1(m): 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2019
rafhell:

Good news is that buhari is your president

God forbid bad thing
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Dearlord(m): 8:02pm On Nov 01, 2019
Lol, grin The OP no go school atal.
What is under about the open??

1 Like

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by freeDR(m): 8:03pm On Nov 01, 2019
Chidorx60:
God!!!!!!
This is not a school,This is a prison
A prison should not look like that.
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Stefaniebo(f): 8:04pm On Nov 01, 2019
[quote author=sandraade post=83663062]Both governments and Nigerians citizens are so useless..exposing bad things about the country for the world to see..Every country has it where its bad, but u never see it in the public forum[/quote so what are you implying in essence? let this poor innocent kids continue to suffer all in the name of education because you want to protect your country?. whi in the world doesnt know Nigeria is a corrupt country with corrupt leaders

1 Like

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by frowland(m): 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2019
Advocate500:
politics don carry this one sense

Lol.....
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by arrestdarrester: 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2019
I'm appalled. Wetin be the budget for education for Gombe State sef?
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by vegafbs: 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2019
OMG!!! shocked shocked shocked

SAD
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Kayharry(m): 8:06pm On Nov 01, 2019
And buhari dey fly upandown
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2019
Angelfrost:

Why are you so economical with the truth??!... Some people will actually nod along with you.

Those kids are not asking for the highest or most adequate level of education. What will it really cost to refurbish that school for Pete sake... How much will roofing and repainting cost??! How much??!...

You guys just leave pertinent issues to beat about the bush. The senator of that zone can handle that without denting his wallet.

And when the senator has handed over his money, how do we pay for running costs and maintenance?

You guys want US level without the sacrifice.

That's my problem.

I went to a.private.school where I paid five times the amount in fees than a neighbouring government school.

The government school was chronically underfunded and awful. The private school provided maintained classrooms and books when needed, and other facilities.

Again, education is not cheap. And yes, I know Nigerians are poor. I effing know. I know our politicians are all looters . But even if there was no looting, the money won't be enough, and that is the truth.

And it makes me sad and miserable

Good evening

1 Like

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by coretechng1(m): 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2019
royalads:
You can't help but get tired of this country after seeing all these. I get to wonder if our leaders have conscience at all? Don't they know that karma is real?
They don't. Less than twenty million will fix that school fully and no state in this country gets less than 2billion monthly. The wickedness in this country is stinking to heavens.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by ZombieTERROR: 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2019
Jacobx007:
I know the situation of this school will get to Nairaland someday, it was just a matter of time.

I was in d school for inspection of WASSCE SC 2019 and I couldn't believe my eyes, such utter disrepair and dilapidation. The pictures here did not capture the whole story.

Shame on you for not taking pictures

It's a human being like you that brought this out right now
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by arrestdarrester: 8:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
bolataiwo007:
it is a pitiable for u to say it is an eyesore wen u will be busy supporting senselessly, forgetting that the animals u call leaders are trading the future of your generations for peanut. fool

Sofri sofri Ooo, make you no go BBQ the guy

1 Like

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by arrestdarrester: 8:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
ZombieTERROR:

Shame on you for not taking pictures

It's a human being like you that brought this out right now

Haba! That's unfair! How do you expect him to take pictures when on official assignment?

1 Like

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by deavicky(m): 8:12pm On Nov 01, 2019
This country is crazy. We have very nice school building in my village somewhere in kogi, but no single teacher so for now no school.

1 Like

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by ZombieTERROR: 8:13pm On Nov 01, 2019
arrestdarrester:

Haba! That's unfair! How do you expect him to take pictures when on official assignment?

Just that I knew that the person that took the picture was on assignment too
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by iammo(m): 8:13pm On Nov 01, 2019
he supports APC and Gombe is a PDP state...

bolataiwo007:
it is pitiable for u to say it is an eyesore wen u will be busy supporting senselessly, forgetting that the animals u call leaders are trading the future of your generations for peanut. fool

1 Like

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by DameB(f): 8:15pm On Nov 01, 2019
And there are civil servants and politicians somewhere in Gombe spending the funds allocated for the improvement of this school
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by DennisEche(m): 8:15pm On Nov 01, 2019
post=83662890:
What an eyesore!
As usual

1 Like

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 8:16pm On Nov 01, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

And when the senator has handed over his money, how do we pay for running costs and maintenance?

You guys want US level without the sacrifice.

That's my problem.

I went to a.private.school where I paid five times the amount in fees than a neighbouring government school.

The government school was chronically underfunded and awful. The private school provided maintained classrooms and books when needed, and other facilities.

Again, education is not cheap. And yes, I know Nigerians are poor. I effing know. I know our politicians are all looters . But even if there was no looting, the money won't be enough, and that is the truth.

And it makes me sad and miserable

Good evening

You are still missing the simple point...

That school, and certain other schools, lack basic infrastructure. We are not talking monumental upgrade... Just basic infrastructure o.

I get your point about budget, and need to tax ourselves more... But, that school is in total infrastructural ruins, and it's inexcusable.

1 Like

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Kennydoc(m): 8:18pm On Nov 01, 2019
Chidorx60:
God!!!!!!

Even goat pens should be better than this. Sad!
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by toprealman: 8:20pm On Nov 01, 2019
Chidorx60:
God!!!!!!
Have you seen any prison with such openings?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Only In Unillorin" - See What An Angry Unillorin Student Wrote About Her School / Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct / NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.