Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,718 members, 7,824,042 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) (55133 Views)

Akwa Ibom Science College Where Students Are Raised In Squalour / Checkout Nigerian University Where Students Pay N25k For Lab Coat / Adam Memorial Secondary School Araya, Delta, Where Students Sit On The Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Ebubenwa042(m): 10:42pm On Nov 01, 2019
See what they call school how is that environment conducive for learning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by lukaino(m): 10:42pm On Nov 01, 2019
God will judge �
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Becon(m): 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2019
No mind am, d guy no get level !
OGHENAOGIE:
is there good education in South... I recently went to ebonyi what I saw is mind boggling...this picture is a national scourge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:44pm On Nov 01, 2019
Kayharry:
And buhari dey fly upandown
is Buhari the governor of gombe or u want to display ur usual stupidity

2 Likes

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by GOOOGLE504(m): 10:59pm On Nov 01, 2019
iammo:
shocked

chai.. some of us who have 90% of our state having towns and cities dont know whatsup, some people have 80% vilages and 10% town and 10% city

everywhere in my state has 3G and 4G in many parts.. lol

definitely Ekiti State
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by homesteady(m): 11:01pm On Nov 01, 2019
I refuse to believe that's a hostel.

If their hostel can be like this, what will be the condition the of food they are eating?
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by NoonMasamune: 11:14pm On Nov 01, 2019
Brandstudio01:
shocked
What I'm seeing Here is Far Worst than Ikoyi Prison
Blame it on their Parents voted these Guys in!
Until we forget Tribalism in this country and start voting in men with great Leadership skills across the borderlines

Anyway, l will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery
You do realize the school was in that condition during GEJ's regime as well right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Thegoodone13(m): 11:16pm On Nov 01, 2019
Education is not their priority. And the Governor is collecting allocation from Federal government every months.
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by oneTIMEman(m): 11:26pm On Nov 01, 2019
Their parents are very useless...oyes
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Rolex66: 11:34pm On Nov 01, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

Well, considering that Gombe State has been a PDP run state since 2011....and considering that the school in question is a state school, not a federal one, am sure you would be happy to recieve what you just siad.

The problem with you Nigerians is that you blame everything on the person in Aso Rock. That's how some of your opposite numbers , PDP man , (yes you are a GEJITE....don't deny it now) were blaming GEJ for not providing potable water for his village...forgetting that there are local government chiarmen, state governor and state water board.

Democracy is hard work, not how to chop.

(APC states too have the same issue...jsut so you know)

Would you get your sorry arse off my prayer?

A clear conscience fears no accusations. Did I mention your Aso Rock in this prayer nor did I mention PDP nor APC?

I'm not a two dimensional minion like you that swings between the All Past Criminals(APC) and the Perpetually Demonized Party(PDP) like a pendulum.
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by lexy2014: 11:47pm On Nov 01, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

I did.

You refuse to see the answer, because I am not moaning about 'how the government has been looting our patrimony'

The other day, one of your friends was crying about how schools in Nigeria are not as well equipped as schools in Canada. When confrnted with how much Canda spends on education compared to Nigeria...he was hemming and hawing.

In the 1970's, the government then took over a lot of mission schools and built a lot of new schools. We had the oil money in abundance. Now we don't, we insist on paying very low fees 'Because we are poor' and we pay taxes at the rate of 6% of our GDP. Because we are poor.

Menahwile the government at all levels runs far too many schools, and keeps on bulding new schools all on a very limited purse.

And we vote for the same old corrupt politicians

Yes, this is what their parents get,. A budget for educaiton that is less than 3 billion dollars to be split among 200million people...nearly half of whom are school going age. And then the scanty money is also looted. (and when we want to prosecute looters .....like James Ibori..for example...you people cry partiality, and so they are left alone.).

And yes, this is what their parents get for thinking that voting is just all you do in a democracy. No agitation, no holding people to ransom, just vote, and then go home.

Sorry mac, but it is our fault.

Good evening to you. And the painful truth is, I wish I could give Nigerians Canada level of education at N10000 per annum or less. But good quality education costs money. If you can't see that, I can;t help you.

I didn't ask u about "my friend"& I don't remember talking to u about "my friend". D one wey I ask u, u no answer

Simple question:

"So because their parents don't pay as much as parents in UK pay, that means d kids have to live in a building without roofs"

All I needed from u was simple yes or no. I don't c d relevance of all this ur grammar

2 Likes

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Originalsly: 11:47pm On Nov 01, 2019
.... blame the parents.... do they really care about the conditions?...all they care about is to brag that their child is attending boarding school.....just like rich kids.
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Kayharry(m): 11:49pm On Nov 01, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
is Buhari the governor of gombe or u want to display ur usual stupidity
guy what is your usual stupidity. Yeah we have governor in gombe and yeah we got a president.
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by AlphaStyles(m): 12:08am On Nov 02, 2019
PoliticalWitch:
Well, the solution is simple.

Pay higher fees.

And before anyone starts, Nigeria needs at least 3.5trillion naira annually to adequately fund education at primary and secondary level.

You cannot expect UK standard with 20 percent of UK budget
see em mouth like pay higher fees
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by AlphaStyles(m): 12:11am On Nov 02, 2019
martowskin1:

The way some of u think is appalling, so they need to pay expensive school fees, to get roof in their head.

Did u even look at the pics b4 u type this rubbish with ur cheap android phone
Bros if u wan curse am curse am but no carry ANDROID JOIN THE MATTER
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by AlphaStyles(m): 12:14am On Nov 02, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

And when the senator has handed over his money, how do we pay for running costs and maintenance?

You guys want US level without the sacrifice.

That's my problem.

I went to a.private.school where I paid five times the amount in fees than a neighbouring government school.

The government school was chronically underfunded and awful. The private school provided maintained classrooms and books when needed, and other facilities.

Again, education is not cheap. And yes, I know Nigerians are poor. I effing know. I know our politicians are all looters . But even if there was no looting, the money won't be enough, and that is the truth.

And it makes me sad and miserable

Good evening
watin concern us with ur private school wey u go? All this people that went to private schools una own sef don too much
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 02, 2019
reminds me of Madonna University Boys Hostel close to PSA building. That year sha! I thank God for Life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by idesylvester(m): 12:59am On Nov 02, 2019
Chidorx60:
God!!!!!!
This is not a school,This is a prison
Even prison get roof..

Our government wickedness no b normal one
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Awoleesu(m): 1:41am On Nov 02, 2019
Chidorx60:
God!!!!!!

Even prisons don't have beddings like these, they don't have open roofs either!
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by emmaattack: 6:13am On Nov 02, 2019
Shame
Shame
Shame
Shame
Shame
Shame
SHAME
HOW MANY TIMES?
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Onitola2: 6:43am On Nov 02, 2019
cuiz:
A boarding school in Gombe, Government Science Secondary School, Kaltungo in Southern Gombe State, always pray against rainfall as a result of their dilapidated building.

Reports gathered by Punch correspondents, says the students of the school are always praying against rainfall, even the teachers.

According to the pupils, they barely sleep as they are awake to always park water whenever it rains, they also added that they have converted most of their classrooms to hostels, still is not enough for the population.

They also complained that they have over 26 classrooms but just two are good whenever it rains it disrupts the lessons as students ran for safety.

http://irukkanews.com/index.php/2019/11/01/nigeria-boarding-school-where-students-sleep-under-an-open-roof-photos/
maybe heat too much, u ever heard about open roof car? This na open roof house
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by tofolo(m): 6:47am On Nov 02, 2019
Chidorx60:
God!!!!!!
it's not a prison Sir, but a concentration camp.
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by sonnie10: 8:11am On Nov 02, 2019
I
coretechng1:
They don't. Less than twenty million will fix that school fully and no state in this country gets less than 2billion monthly. The wickedness in this country is stinking to heavens.
2billion is not enough to pay salaries and service interest on state government loans.
If the building is in this shape, imagine how feeding would be
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Hapinex01: 9:15am On Nov 02, 2019
This is a prison yard abeg
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by kechywillz(m): 9:33am On Nov 02, 2019
By God's grace,I wouldn't let my wife give birth to my kids in this shit hole of a country
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Solorrman(m): 10:10am On Nov 02, 2019
PapaAdanna:
Anything NORTH... Get k leg
To be direct, k leg or bow leg are all from ur area because most of u that live in swamp forest region never get sunlight enough to give u vitamin D that's why most of looks like jumping monkeys.
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by PapaAdanna: 10:15am On Nov 02, 2019
Solorrman:
To be direct, k leg or bow leg are all from ur area because most of u that live in swamp forest region never get sunlight enough to give u vitamin D that's why most of looks like jumping monkeys.

Hahahaha
A slave from the WASTE is talking under their brown roof

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Solorrman(m): 10:27am On Nov 02, 2019
Bonatheripper:
Even a mad man will reject this place as house of residence.

Nigeria is cursed.

The North isn't fit to be a location in any map.
The North should be used as a zoo and cow habitat
The north should be the real Nigeria because even a cow has sense than u. I am convinced that most of u are either of the following : Insane or very ignorant,do u know why ? It's because how u always brag being in the highest table but u never stop eating cockroach,lizards,pigs,donkeys,dogs,chimpanzee,maggots and u also use only tissue paper to wipe ur ass which was scientifically known to be filth ,for example u did shitt,wiped it out,come out of ur toilet wear passion cloths but it ass is full of shitt debris,but u are calling urself an educated guy,and whenever u and some other people swim in a pool the shitt would get soaked and washed off in to the water,u are always eating ur shitt in the water. There was one guy in my area his business was washing and ironing cloths he said if a cloth is brought to him he can easily pick out the boxers of a non Muslim out of hundreds because most of the time u will see brownish shitt colour. Secondly and the most biggest shitt of all is believing and worshipping a guy Jesus Christ as a God,with all the said education u possessed u failed to realize there is no way a God can have anus and penix,there is no way a God would go to toilet my friend,God never cries or die it's rediculus for a pure God the almighty can have what u and ur father had. God is ever pure,no creature or cause that can kill him,he never eat talkless of going to toilet,u better unknot the knot in ur pathetic cultism u called Christianity before insulting other people's from North because of their religion. To us u are more than a dog but a pig only a comedian would think he will sing and dance as a worship and even xpect reward of being in the heaven,is God ur brother ? Or do u mean God is obasenjo that u can bribe to go to heaven ? Continue dancing,if God want singing he have created different kind of birds that sing naturally not artificially like how ur throat is scraped out by ogogoro and beer.
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Solorrman(m): 10:39am On Nov 02, 2019
Temptee101:
shocked

I'm sure these ones shouted sai barber and celebrated bubu's re-election filled with irregularities

I'm also certain that when they grow they would join their parents in screaming 'one Nigeria'. They should enjoy the dividends of 'one nigeria'

Even the deaf, dumb and blind could correctly envisage what the future of these ones would be like

Spits
Buhari forever !! I swear to God even if we would be sitting under a tree and should buhari decided to contest three more times ahead i will vote for him, u dnt need to xpect him offering u garri and ogogoro for free all we want from him is now ongoing with good result,we at the north east now sleep with two eyes close even if buhari would stop now it's okey with us. We never get peace in the regime of ur father in Christ ,he does nothing but looks sad if attack was carried out by army or Boko Haram on innocent vulnerable group,we hated him being always only indicating a sad face as if he cares but no action.
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by UbangidaAliyu: 10:45am On Nov 02, 2019
[quote author=PoliticalWitch post=83662976]

The South is just as bad.

I served in the South East, and I am here to tell you that many schools in the South are just as badly equipped and terrible. Especially in the rural areas

And no be Southern schools that do miracle center and cheating pass Northern schools.

Pot, meet kettle[/quote
that's just the fact, south is as worst, only when we remove the issue of north this, north that, then we will progress to the ideal entity
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by PapaAdanna: 11:45am On Nov 02, 2019
Solorrman:

Afonja slave

Straight outa the WASTE cheesy grin

We sight u
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Crenzywilliams(m): 12:09pm On Nov 02, 2019
These are students; children that are willing to go to school, and are rsikimg their necks to attend school. I personally think we complain too much about all the craziness in this country and do little in our own small part to help the situations we complain about. I think setting up a "gofundme" will go a little way in getting them a roof over their heads.
Am not rich but if o.p. is willing to start a chance here I go fit support with 1k.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Only In Unillorin" - See What An Angry Unillorin Student Wrote About Her School / Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct / How Do I Stop My Female Students From Lusting After Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.