Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,680 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market (28031 Views)

Samsung Is Killing It With Innovation!! Check Out The New Crazy Galaxy A80!! / How Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Beats Iphone X / Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 02, 2019
I wan takam call God?
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Originalsly: 8:07am On Nov 02, 2019
michealdeco:

Sorry bro, Samsung ain't talking over the mid-range category. Xiaomi, umidigi, oukitel and co are the ones taking over the mid-range category
And you had to quote the whole article to say nothing? Bro... show some sense.... modiify.

7 Likes

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Kendollar696(m): 8:07am On Nov 02, 2019
anyhow you guys wants to put it.. I'm still enjoying my pouvoir 3 plus...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by kevotek1000(m): 8:09am On Nov 02, 2019
I love xiaomi and Nokia... Midrange Samsung doesn't make too much.
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by kevotek1000(m): 8:10am On Nov 02, 2019
I love xiaomi and Nokia... Midrange Samsung doesn't make too much sense.
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by freemi(m): 8:11am On Nov 02, 2019
ken6488:
I stick with my Nokia grin Techno almost killed me
lols

2 Likes

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by oodua1stson: 8:11am On Nov 02, 2019
Abiodunspectre:
TECNO has registered their brand in the heart of Nigerians. There's nothing Samsung can do to change that.
wow! Never knew you are the custodian of all Nigerians heart. Brother wey........

Most people who buy tecno androids these days have not really seen or heard of the new Samsung phones. Once they see it they are never going back to tecno

8 Likes

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 02, 2019
Make we hear word .am definitely enjoying my Itel p33
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by bvmloveme: 8:17am On Nov 02, 2019
edoairways:

Nokia lost out when they didn't stick to android but windows. BlackBerry lost out when they allowed bbm on android. Samsung is fighting tool and nail to secure large shares from Africa's top market by introducing mid range phones however it too late.
Couldn’t agree more and apple Learnt bbm lesson restricted iMessage to iOS.

2 Likes

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Colb461: 8:22am On Nov 02, 2019
Planing of jumping ship from tecno to samsung..can u suggest a mid price phone one can get..
DonBenny77:

Story I'm one of those who dumped Tecno for Samsung this year and it's been a wonderful experience. Something I feel glad my Tecnco was stolen.

3 Likes

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by bvmloveme: 8:22am On Nov 02, 2019
udemzyudex:

Don't compare Nokia and Blackberry with Tecno.

We all know android is the most popular operating system being used in Nigeria, customers evolve but the brand refused to.

From symbian,Nokia refuse to produce their smartphones with Android instead they tried to create their own operating system which was a total failure from there they move to windows which was also a bad deal.

Bear in mind , Nigerians haven seen Tecno with 3.5 Inches display screen and Android operating system didn't even waste time to switch,I was a symbian fan boy and switch to android.

Imagine buying a android phone for #12k then,tell me Which other brand did that? I'm talking about 2011,2012.

Same with blackberry, people were getting tired of moving around with charger, every thing got bad when they allowed android to use BBM.

That was the end of it.

You see,don't compare cos Tecno have come a long way.

GBAM!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by DonBenny77(m): 8:25am On Nov 02, 2019
Colb461:
Planing of jumping ship from tecno to samsung..can u suggest a mid price phone one can get..
Me I got a J4 for 55k around June, the j4 was introduced mid last year. There are more recent brands from this year you can use Google.
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by realestniggah: 8:26am On Nov 02, 2019
Jachimike111:
Make we hear word .am definitely enjoying my Itel p33

Itel p33.. The name of the phone self is tragic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by edoairways: 8:29am On Nov 02, 2019
bvmloveme:

Couldn’t agree more and apple Learnt bbm lesson restricted iMessage to iOS.
Yeah
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by SKINDOGGY: 8:29am On Nov 02, 2019
Opistorincos:
No be only take over, na take under. Have you seen the number of people using Xiaomi phones?
Xiaomi no get good marketing strategy for Naija
I Neva seen person wey dy use dia phone but I heard of my guy wey buy dia note7 but I never see am Sha.
Let xiaomi pay youths rent open truck bring DJ mk dem enter street to share flyers create sm awareness for street no be only for Facebook dem go dy advertise dia products

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by SKINDOGGY: 8:31am On Nov 02, 2019
ityP:
Xiaomi is actually going to do more exploits than Samsung in Naija. The number of people switching to Xiaomi is alarming
But dia marketing is poor Sha
Am abt to buy buy note8 pro

3 Likes

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by SKINDOGGY: 8:32am On Nov 02, 2019
nototribalist:
Thank God for OPPO, Infinix and co, big brands like Apple, Samsung and Huawei would have make us remain in 3310 Nokia.

Abeg make we ring bell for OPPO and Infinix , Op dey work for Samsung mobile.

We are wiser now
But OPPO no cheap nah
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by gbagyiza: 8:37am On Nov 02, 2019
ClixMaster:
Very nice article. Transsion is in trouble for sure

Let me be frank in my response, Samsung is far better than Transsion in all ramification of technology. I use Samsung galaxy tab A n I also possess infinix note phone but I have tested the difference between d two. My decision now is to do away with d the infinix n get a Samsung phone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by SuperKlean(m): 8:39am On Nov 02, 2019
Krak:

Nokia and Blackberry said the same thing years ago. Where are they today?
nwanne you're on point like nipples
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by m140(m): 8:40am On Nov 02, 2019
ominilongest:
o boy
I just get one Samsung s7
d camera beats canon 12 or 24 or whatever
damn
Samsung is bae grin
I use the device also , the device is just too good, if am upgrading it will be s10, cus s8and9 has same resolution

1 Like

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 02, 2019
Krak:

Nokia and Blackberry said the same thing years ago. Where are they today?

Black berry shot itself in the foot worldwide. Infact, the funny thing is they were STILL popular in Nigeria long after they had fallen elsewhere.

As for Nokia....the truth is, Nokia would have STILL been very popular, if they had stayed in the business. Instead they sold their business to Microsoft...who are not really phone makers...and things went downhill from there (and yes, I am a very annoyed Nokia fan).

7 Likes

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by femi4: 8:50am On Nov 02, 2019
edoairways:

Yeah Samsung need to push harder because many Nigerians are sensitive to price
Exactly, price is key. My infinix is 4yrs and going strong, to hell with Samsung and overpriced phones

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by livebyday(m): 8:52am On Nov 02, 2019
[s]
Abiodunspectre:
TECNO has registered their brand in the heart of Nigerians. There's nothing Samsung can do to change that.
[/s]

Heart of Nigerians you say?

Hahahaha grin

You clearly don't understand business models

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by whirlwind7(m): 8:52am On Nov 02, 2019
Abiodunspectre:

Exactly the mindset that drove such brands as Blackberry and Nokia into oblivion.
You don't seem to realize that change is the only constant thing in this unstable world.
In the world of tech, such changes comes faster than expected.

3 Likes

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 02, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

Black berry shot itself in the foot worldwide. Infact, the funny thing is they were STILL popular in Nigeria long after they had fallen elsewhere.

As for Nokia....the truth is, Nokia would have STILL been very popular, if they had stayed in the business. Instead they sold their business to Microsoft...who are not really phone makers...and things went downhill from there (and yes, I am a very annoyed Nokia fan).

business is about anticipating the future.
nokia's success led to hubris. they did not see that symbian was a dead game on time, and they then invested or partnered with Microsoft, which turned out to be a bad gamble. microsoft also made the same mistake of underestimating apple.

transsion is less than a 5th the size of samsung. all samsung had to was watch them, understand their market, and then yank it out from under them.
DSTV has done same with Gotv

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by livebyday(m): 8:54am On Nov 02, 2019
AgreatMan:
Tecno was not bad until they got overconfident and greedy and started making phones of over 100k grin

Tecno infinix and itel have always been bad phones

Low quality knock offs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by livebyday(m): 8:55am On Nov 02, 2019
[s]
nototribalist:
Thank God for OPPO, Infinix and co, big brands like Apple, Samsung and Huawei would have make us remain in 3310 Nokia.

Abeg make we ring bell for OPPO and Infinix , Op dey work for Samsung mobile.

We are wiser now
[/s]

You would do well to stop typing such in public

Everyone knows infinix and tecno are fake low quality phones

Please stop embarrassing yourself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by livebyday(m): 8:57am On Nov 02, 2019
[s]
allthingsgood:
In my opinion tecno will still defeat Samsung in d midrange series. Samsung already established itself as d major competitor wit apple. U can't now be fighting everybody in d market for space or u will end up like nokia
[/s]

Transsion devices namely tecno ,infinix and itel are loosing market share very fast.

People didn't just turn to Samsung because they started making cheaper phones no, they dumped tecno and infinix because of the poor build quality, fake specs and cheap fraud of the phones

Nigerians for wiser

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by livebyday(m): 8:57am On Nov 02, 2019
[s]
Kendollar696:
anyhow you guys wants to put it..
I'm still enjoying my pouvoir 3 plus...
[/s]
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by allthingsgood: 9:01am On Nov 02, 2019
[s]
livebyday:
[s][/s]

Transsion devices namely tecno ,infinix and itel are loosing market share very fast.

People didn't just turn to Samsung because they started making cheaper phones no, they dumped tecno and infinix because of the poor build quality, fake specs and cheap fraud of the phones

Nigerians for wiser
[/s]

Is a lie
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by obonujoker(m): 9:03am On Nov 02, 2019
livebyday:
[s][/s]

You would do well to stop trying such in public

Everyone knows infinix and tecno are fake low quality phones

Please stop embarrassing yourself

Lolssss grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

HELP Can't Make Calls On With My MTN Sim / NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight / Samsung Develops Algorithm That Creates Fake Videos With One Image (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.