Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,217 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market (28025 Views)

Samsung Is Killing It With Innovation!! Check Out The New Crazy Galaxy A80!! / How Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Beats Iphone X / Xiaomi Redmi 5 Review: A Worthy Mid-range Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by mumu9gerian: 8:44pm On Nov 02, 2019
Abiodunspectre:
TECNO has registered their brand in the heart of Nigerians. There's nothing Samsung can do to change that.
Techno Na useless phone abeg, Na when you need some important things you go no.
It's not to just make calls
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by michealdeco: 10:19pm On Nov 02, 2019
Originalsly:

And you had to quote the whole article to say nothing? Bro... show some sense.... modiify.
and you have to quote my post to show your stupidity?

Bro... Get a life...you don't buy data for me
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by paltielx: 10:29pm On Nov 02, 2019
Of all the phones in the world I respect Nokia most though they were once a leading phone company, they went through tough time but they are back. Even their Android software that is largely critize are better now. They even
international won software competition this year. So NOKIA anywhere anytime

1 Like

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Elxandre(m): 10:36pm On Nov 02, 2019
Kingmathers:

Same here buddy... Same here. Windows10 just has a place in my heart, though I know it's time to move on
How do you people survive without apps? cheesy
I was one of the greatest Windows phone supporters, my eyes cleared in 2017 when even apps like opera mini were buggy and never saw updates. Chai I suffered. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Abduletudaye(m): 10:51pm On Nov 02, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:

You said what shocked

Hehe... The nova devices are quite something but its been phased out.. Nokia devices or generally devices with Android one give both Voice(VOLTE) and data.
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Ovie56(m): 1:39am On Nov 03, 2019
hustla:

Fails to compete with Apple?
Must be a joke
cheesy
The only thing that is a joke is your comprehension level, I said in terms of sales, it's no secret that apple phones sells 4 times Samsung flagship
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Ovie56(m): 1:41am On Nov 03, 2019
sorepco:
N samsung is number 1 worldwide while apple is number 3?

calm down champ I said flagship, you can check out the premium range market distribution apple have 50% market share in premium smartphone sales,
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Ovie56(m): 1:42am On Nov 03, 2019
hustlelegit:

IPhone user spotted ;Da Samsung s10plus completely destroyed iPhone xs max and iPhone 11 max in terms of display and performance, so how is it failing in sales?
Check the number of unit sold and quit being a smartass
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by hustla(m): 6:29am On Nov 03, 2019
Ovie56:
The only thing that is a joke is your comprehension level, I said in terms of sales, it's no secret that apple phones sells 4 times Samsung flagship

Personal jibes point to severe mental deficiencies grin

Apple sells what?!
Mehn you better research well and then come back. Declining sales, fans jumping ship, reduction in production etc

Apple fans are no different from Donald Trump fan
grin

Btw, I will not reply you again so don't bother
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Kingmathers(m): 8:15am On Nov 03, 2019
Elxandre:

How do you people survive without apps? cheesy
I was one of the greatest Windows phone supporters, my eyes cleared in 2017 when even apps like opera mini were buggy and never saw updates. Chai I suffered. grin
Well, there's truly not as many apps as other platforms, no doubt about that... But for everything you wanna do, there's a couple of apps.
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Kingmathers(m): 8:17am On Nov 03, 2019
LOGOBELT:
yeah its time is near, but we will miss it alot cry
I woulda stayed, using a Windows phone as my side phone, but they took audiotica off the store... The thing just broke my spirit
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by LOGOBELT: 8:19am On Nov 03, 2019
Kingmathers:

I woulda stayed, using a Windows phone as my side phone, but they took audiotica off the store... The thing just broke my spirit
grin as am using it right now, I cant imagine leaving it
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by donblazer10(m): 10:34am On Nov 03, 2019
Obdk:
Whatever number of phones Samsung sell in a month. Tecno sell it in 2 days. Lets be honest here those Samsung midrange phones re crap

Tecno recently crashed the price of thr phones... A tecno phone with same specifications with a10s is 30k while a10s is 45k.

How do u think Samsung will win this fight..
you are mad, no offence
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Obdk: 11:25am On Nov 03, 2019
donblazer10:
you are mad, no offence
70% of Samsung phones in Nigeria re UK used..
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Originality007: 11:39am On Nov 03, 2019
hisgrace090:

Your point is the worst problem of techno.

you are very correct, My infinix zero 2 board just packoff, fone Wey never reach 1yr.. since den, I hate infibix and the rest
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2019
It's not that we don't like Samsung but tecno is the way to go. with just 34,000 you can't get a very good and affordable device from Tecno like spark 4 so Nigerians will continue to patronize Transsions
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Ovie56(m): 12:35pm On Nov 03, 2019
hustla:

Personal jibes point to severe mental deficiencies grin

Apple sells what?!
Mehn you better research well and then come back. Declining sales, fans jumping ship, reduction in production etc

Apple fans are no different from Donald Trump fan
grin

Btw, I will not reply you again so don't bother
i believe you have adequately state your problems ( look for the number of sales of Samsung Galaxy s9 series and note 9 series vs Xs Xs Max and xr or S8 series vs iPhone 8 and x or S7 series vs iPhone 7 or even the latest s10 and note 10 series vs Iphone 11 series)
Lastly I honestly don't believe you have severe mental deficiency as you stated up there,
I think your problems gravitate towards low IQ and laziness to do research. And for the record I use Android
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by hisgrace090: 1:53pm On Nov 03, 2019
Originality007:

you are very correct, My infinix zero 2 board just packoff, fone Wey never reach 1yr.. since den, I hate infibix and the rest

I'm sorry for you and at the same time glad that good and affordable phones are in Nigerian market is xiaomi, oppo and those budget Samsun A series.
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Olakanjosh: 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2019
[quote author=dakoru84 post=83676006][/quote]
You make sense die!
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Blastedholligan: 6:45am On Nov 10, 2019
Krak:

Nokia and Blackberry said the same thing years ago. Where are they today?
trust me, they'll still remain relevant for a long while because an Average Nigerian knows these Transsion devices but don't know other brands except Nokia. Transsion devices have built top of mind in so many Nigerians
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by tboydbrave(m): 1:11pm On Nov 10, 2019
There are so many reasons why people still prefer the likes of tecno,infinix n itel. Its affordable n meet d expectations of those who cant spend much on a phone. N as long as people cant afford to shell out 40 or 50k on a phone while they have needs or responsibilities to take care of. The transsion boys would continue to reign, unless d flag ship phones come to produce low level phones of their own. Tecno n itel will continue to b d main stay of d common man in Nigeria.
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by sunshineV(f): 9:27am On Nov 12, 2019
nototribalist:
Thank God for OPPO, Infinix and co, big brands like Apple, Samsung and Huawei would have make us remain in 3310 Nokia.

Abeg make we ring bell for OPPO and Infinix , Op dey work for Samsung mobile.

We are wiser now

So because infinix and co opened your eyes to Android means u should stay local to Dem even if they give u ordinary plastic for 65k
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by sunshineV(f): 9:31am On Nov 12, 2019
udemzyudex:

Thank God for Tecno,I still remember TecnoP3,N3,M3 etc,if not for Tecno the likes of Samsung will still be ripping us off with wack spec and huge money.

Isn't this what Tecno is doing now
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by nototribalist: 11:17am On Nov 12, 2019
sunshineV:

So because infinix and co opened your eyes to Android means u should stay local to Dem even if they give u ordinary plastic for 65k

Oga why don't you buy iPhone 7 plus #300,000 and leave others alone. Is it your plastic?

Since your family is imaginary rich.

Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by sunshineV(f): 10:42am On Nov 15, 2019
nototribalist:

Oga why don't you buy iPhone 7 plus #300,000 and leave others alone. Is it your plastic?

Since your family is imaginary rich.

Bro I use Huawei y9. We are not imaginary rich. Educate yourself
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Abiodunspectre(m): 7:08am On Nov 20, 2019
9jayes:
I have never for once used Tecno, either LG, Samsung or iPhone.
Nairaland should create a VIP Section for IPhone and Samsung users like us, mixing us with Itel, Techno & Infinix users is not fair at all.�����

Btw, I buy and sell all kinds of funds at a juicy rate see my signature.

If you think using a particular phone types you different then you need to working on your self esteem. I'm using a TECNO phone and proud of it.
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Abiodunspectre(m): 7:10am On Nov 20, 2019
sunshineV:

Isn't this what Tecno is doing now

Sincerely
If not for the likes of Tecno there won't be this healthy competition in Nigeria Smartphone industry.
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by Abiodunspectre(m): 7:11am On Nov 20, 2019
mumu9gerian:

Techno Na useless phone abeg, Na when you need some important things you go no.
It's not to just make calls

I basically do everything on my Camon 12 Pro Smartphone.
Re: How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market by sunshineV(f): 11:50am On Nov 20, 2019
Abiodunspectre:

Sincerely
If not for the likes of Tecno there won't be this healthy competition in Nigeria Smartphone industry.
But since there's good competition now we shouldn't stick too trash because "it's because if then we have healthy competition"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Things You Should Know Before Buying A Mobile Phone / NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight / Samsung Develops Algorithm That Creates Fake Videos With One Image (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.