Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal (51304 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Mercy Akide And Nwankwo Kanu At The 1999 CAF Awards / Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) / Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Hoodbilonia: 8:49am On Nov 03, 2019
That year sweet die. When dstv still had value.
Channel o days/era

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by DelphiOracle(m): 8:51am On Nov 03, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Thierry Henry.
Role model like no other.

Player so good that even the British Monarchy couldn't resist going back in time to name their Kings after him.

Below is an accurate ranking of all time greatests of soccer.
After C.Ronaldo, there is Pele, then there is Henry, after which is Zidane, then Eusebio before Maradona..
Then a Messi far behind him.
u never fail to disappoint

2 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 03, 2019
Tonymegabush1:
Mmm.... A lesson for every player that desire to b great, its not always a questn of why am i not playing but "the little time given to me what change did i bring to the team.

That's how it is in all aspect of life.
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by maxilly(m): 8:52am On Nov 03, 2019
Tonymegabush1:
Mmm.... A lesson for every player that desire to b great, its not always a questn of why am i not playing but "the little time given to me what change did i bring to the team.

Well said. Giroud & batshuayi needs to read your comment
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by SyrusdeHansome(m): 8:53am On Nov 03, 2019
vic17:
Goat

dis one abi?

2 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by pipeliner: 8:56am On Nov 03, 2019
I became Arsenal fan because of the great Kanu Nwankwo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Iko5000: 8:58am On Nov 03, 2019
Not true ,also if I'm right Ian Wright ,Henry to mention a few are black too .kanu is and will always be a gunners legend. I suggest you take a tour of the stadium and you will have a change of view
Jestin:
Kanu was one of the best in Arsenal but was not highly appreciated maybe because of his skin color.

FTC

3 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by ednut1(m): 8:59am On Nov 03, 2019
Jestin:
Kanu was one of the best in Arsenal but was not highly appreciated maybe because of his skin color.

FTC
henry is white abi. Nonsense . Campbell was white too. Kanu was never consistent was without stamina

7 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by grandstar(m): 8:59am On Nov 03, 2019
Jestin:

FTC

has it ever struck you for a minute that Henry and Kanu are both black?

Kanu was well appreciated but his aging legs caught up with him eventually. Age cheating was his undoing

6 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by lebete3000: 9:01am On Nov 03, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
That year sweet die. When dstv still had value.
Channel o days/era

Can you remember the time DSTV use to show bluefeem grin

4 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Streetmade(m): 9:02am On Nov 03, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Thierry Henry.

Player so good that even the British Monarchy couldn't resist going back in time to name their Kings after him.

After C.Ronaldo, there is Pele, then there is Henry, after which is Zidane, then Eusebio before Maradona..
We know you hate Mssi but deep down you,you know he is the grestest ever player.

5 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Austineva(m): 9:02am On Nov 03, 2019
And he was not able to coach common ordinary Monaco. Dat guy nearly lead Monaco to relegation b4 he was sacked

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Kaybaba5(m): 9:02am On Nov 03, 2019
Good for henry
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by kenex4ever(m): 9:04am On Nov 03, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Thierry Henry.

You were almost right, the only thing is that you turned the list up-side-down.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 03, 2019
Shoodboi:
Who else doesn't understand what was written up there?
I no understand as well o.. the write up no get head ,no get tail...

2 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Coldplay007(f): 9:15am On Nov 03, 2019
Jestin:

FTC

What skin color is Henry? Purple?

2 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Ubdavis(m): 9:16am On Nov 03, 2019
Jestin:

FTC

and Henry is white...

3 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by rottennaija(m): 9:22am On Nov 03, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Thierry Henry.

You just had to include Messi far behind. It shows your fear.

5 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by tfash96(m): 9:22am On Nov 03, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Thierry Henry.

Pathetic Fool.. All those players u mentioned ain't as lazy as Penaldo.. They ain't tapin merchant.. So never in ur life compare Penaldo to any of them... U think Zidane and Messi and Maradona are like Suarez,Lewandowski and co

4 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by aminusodiq(m): 9:26am On Nov 03, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Thierry Henry.

wait as barkans com for u
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by johnpablo541(m): 9:27am On Nov 03, 2019
Jestin:

FTC

What skin color is Henry

2 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by xpool(m): 9:31am On Nov 03, 2019
Jestin:

FTC
And Henry's skin colour is green?
Weak brain

2 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by slam7000(m): 9:32am On Nov 03, 2019
Jestin:

FTC

Please I beg you, don’t bring that nonsense skin colour/racism rubbish in here.

Is Henry not black? Is Patrick Vierra not black? Ian Wright played before them at Arsenal, is Ian white?

2 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by PFRB: 9:34am On Nov 03, 2019
Mikel Obi was destroyed by Mouringho while Iheanacho was destroyed by Guardiola. Burst out of the cage. This is what I tell Nigerian players in Europe.
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by kereman1: 9:34am On Nov 03, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Thierry Henry.

With ur made in aba ranking, where did u put zlatan.

He's even a better scorer compared to ur penaldo.

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Kenturkey048(m): 9:35am On Nov 03, 2019
IamPatriotic:
Henry was kilometers ahead of Kanu, even Watord, Bergkamp, Pires were all better than Kanu, but he was a good player, better than anyone among the current crops of Arsenal and Super Eagle players.
shey henry and KANU na mates ni??why do you people speak Like thisis just like saying Tammy Abraham is better than shevchenko...or Diego milito is better than Eto'o..sometimes when I read things on this platform am just left in awry state.
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by loswhite(m): 9:37am On Nov 03, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Thierry Henry.

mumu ranking

2 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Adisaowallla: 9:37am On Nov 03, 2019
Jestin:

FTC

I didn't know that Kanu's Skin colour was different from those of Henry, Viera, Anelka, Campbell etc,

2 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by 8stargeneral: 9:43am On Nov 03, 2019
...but u wan carry Monaco go relegation.
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by ridbell01(m): 9:47am On Nov 03, 2019
Jestin:

FTC
no not his color Ndidi,Drogba, eto'o are black but they stood up tall among their pear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison / Jefferson Louis, The Only Footballer Who Has Played For 36 Clubs In His Career / AFCON 2019: How Nigeria Defeated Cameroon In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.