Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,499 members, 7,840,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion (32960 Views)

Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development Benchmarks / How They Stand In The Race For Senate: Apc 61 Pdp 33 Ypp 1 / Angry Nigerian Blast Lai Muhammad Over N3.5million E-lzakzakky Feeding (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by MUMUdom: 6:54pm On Nov 03, 2019
Fuckeduppedness grin who gives a fvck about mudder fuggerz grin prices of rice, stock fish etc etc are rising through the roof in your country and you are here talking trash grin by the time your generator powered economy enters recession, then your eyes go clear grin

Area4Area:

https://punchng.com/breaking-buhari-approves-extension-of-border-closure-to-january-31/

To tell you we mean business.

OK, you want Nigerians to beg you not to, why not shut all your borders from goods coming from Nigeria?
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by JonDon12: 6:59pm On Nov 03, 2019
Area4Area:
You can see yourself praying that the misery of Nigerians would never end but you want us to open open our borders for your crappy goods and be creating jobs in your countries? FYI, the feeling is mutual

I am a Nigerian and I know the misery first hand. I have also been to other West African countries and I know the love, respect and HOSPITALITY (IMO a lot of it undeserved ) shown to Nigerians over there. So when I see a lot of you, especially those from the Adie ( or Adiye) Republic beating their chests about how our neighbours are suffering , I know that you guys are cursed by God. And I will say , YES Nigerias suffering and misery will never stop, never end until they repent and ask God for forgiveness.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by litaninja(m): 7:13pm On Nov 03, 2019
chai

isthatso:

there is no rail to transport raw materials and products but there is rail/roads to transport imported goods?

you raise a good point about capacity and gridlock at our sea ports. In any event, it's neither here nor there, open or closed border, Nigeria is doomed either way, it's only a matter of time
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2019
BUSINESSARENAA:

I don't blame you, you have not ran business in this country, probably you are a salary earner or you are being spoon fed.

No nation is totally independent when it comes to trade, not even USA, you must import and export that's called trade balancing.

Your myopic brain and mind did not also realise that what am bringing in is a raw materials for a finished goods meant for export from Nigeria.

Stop reasoning like cow please, and spare me your dwarf reasoning by getting off my mention.

You don't know how much loss I have incurred in this mess.

I have being runing a business way before I even entered university. I know people like you very well, you ooze selfishness and behave like the world revolves around u & ur earning.

"You don't know how much loss i have incurred in this mess"

says alot about d type of person you are.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Area4Area: 7:18pm On Nov 03, 2019
JonDon12:

I am a Nigerian and I know the misery first hand. I have also been to other West African countries and I know the love, respect and HOSPITALITY (IMO a lot of it undeserved ) shown to Nigerians over there. So when I see a lot of you, especially those from the Adie ( or Adiye) Republic beating their chests about how our neighbours are suffering , I know that you guys are cursed by God. And I will say , YES Nigerias suffering and misery will never stop, never end until they repent and ask God for forgiveness.
Wannabe Nigerian who hates Nigeria and Nigerians with a passion, border remains closed till next year

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by JonDon12: 7:29pm On Nov 03, 2019
Area4Area:
Wannabe Nigerian who hates Nigeria and Nigerians with a passion, border remains closed till next year

Why would anyone be a wannabe Nigerian. Even those in Nigeria, do not want to be Nigerians. Make some sense brother. I wonder how much Border closure is affecting you personally. Because all I see is Useless Jingoism and Jingoists worldwide are always deluded impoverished puppets.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by samorobo: 9:15pm On Nov 03, 2019
vaxx2:
The best opinion on This case so far on this thread.

Who keeps giving you this likes...
.just this statement generated 125 likes
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by samorobo: 9:19pm On Nov 03, 2019
pinpinkay:
Buhari should just open these borders ... Things are not right in Nigeria at the moment .. how can i buy a made in Nigeria bag of white rice, and when i cook it, it becomes a black rice filled with stones? Diz country dont even know what she wants..

Then the witches In your village is following you and that rice ...who did you offended? grin
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by vaxx2: 9:22pm On Nov 03, 2019
samorobo:

Who keeps giving you this likes...
.just this statement generated 125 likes
So does likes turn to money ? and you also need to be jealous of immaterial like.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by NGpatriot: 10:31pm On Nov 03, 2019
Nigerian textile and garment industry loses billions due to cheap imports

According to World Bank estimates, Nigeria's textile and garment industry loses billions of US dollars in garments and textiles each year because of cheap imports that are smuggled into the country. Local production has dropped to a mere 40 million US dollars annually.

The cheap imports, particularly from China, are smuggled into the country from Benin, where they flood the market and drive local textile traders out of business. Add to that chronic power shortages, a rise in production costs and mills closing and it is no wonder that dilapidated factories are not a rare site in once proud textile production hubs like Kano and Kaduna, employing more than 350,000 people.

Nigeria's woes started ten years ago when the country opened its doors to foreign trade: Aided by a WTO deal that allowed China unhindered access to its textile market, Chinese textile merchants started their large-scale textile imports to Nigeria. Though foreign nationals are not allowed to trade through retail channels, locals get recruited for a cut on profits, thus bypassing the law.

https://fashionunited.uk/news/business/nigerian-textile-and-garment-industry-loses-billions-due-to-cheap-imports/2015062516856

This is how these greedy, selfish and unpatriotic people colluded with Chinese and other foreign smugglers to sabotage and kill our textile industry. The government needs to ban imported textile materials completely.

The CNB is currently dishing out funds to interested and credible textile manufactures, these greedy and unpatriotic idiots might as well access the funds and set up or revive the dead factories.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Gilgil: 12:40am On Nov 04, 2019
Area4Area:
See this one still looking for a job, by their posts you shall know smugglers anyway

If only you knew who was talking to you, you would have been humble and learnt and probably benefited from this job-seeking situation rather than mention smuggling.

Go through my posts and learn. Ask yourself, if that wealth of experience is looking for a job.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Nobody: 1:57am On Nov 04, 2019
I hope everyone is happy...Rice will be our major export mugun people...Wake up
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Area4Area: 2:27am On Nov 04, 2019
Gilgil:

If only you knew who was talking to you, you would have been humble and learnt and probably benefited from this job-seeking situation rather than mention smuggling.

Go through my posts and learn. Ask yourself, if that wealth of experience is looking for a job.
I'm profitably occupied and don't need a job, it's you that is supposed to desist from supporting smuggling and smugglers, that is if you're not one.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Gilgil: 4:28am On Nov 04, 2019
Area4Area:
I'm profitably occupied and don't need a job, it's you that is supposed to desist from supporting smuggling and smugglers, that is if you're not one.

How you do not understand that goods are genuinely imported and exported through land borders shows your low knowledge level of economy.

Additionally, how you don't understand that Customs Services are fully responsible for keeping those land borders protected from smugglers, yet open to genuine trade validates the above.

Put your head down and learn. It would help you.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by justtoodark: 7:11am On Nov 04, 2019
americaninja1:
Exactly why I’m against dis border closure but some dumbass will keep supporting.. work on local industries first make sure they are sustainable an d environment is conducive b4 u can even think of closing any yeye border. But no FG is only after their gain an mumus self go follow.

and how you wan do that if you dont help them to grow first....??
you do know european farmers get extrem lot of subsidy,right....??
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by pinpinkay: 10:30am On Nov 04, 2019
grin grin
samorobo:

Then the witches In your village is following you and that rice ...who did you offended? grin
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2019
thrash, we used to have a textile industry, what happend to all those so called textile industries ? So all they do is import textiles and claim they are making them here.

The closure of the borders is to encourage local production, see all those who were forming that they cant stand the sight of Nigerian rice now eating it.

We ve go to appreciate our locally made goods, other neigboring African countries appreciate their locally made stuff, why cant we?

Cant keep wasting our forex on stuff we can make here.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by chelsea4su(f): 9:31pm On Dec 21, 2019
Oh I tot as much,u one of them ,you should av gotten a better job,to help secure the future of ur economy,but instead ur senseless brain,is so low to actually makes u understand,how to help or contribute to the betterment of ur country,either u like it or not,d border remain close,awon oleeee,alapa ma sese.GO BUILD UR COUNTRY.
quirus:

That's why you will remain in poverty because you have no sense. Educate yourself and you will be able to make useful contributions to cogent issues.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Garba Shehu’s ‘Attack’ On Adeboye Was To Rebuke Osinbajo - By Fredrick Nwabufo / Dele Alake: Obasanjo’s Mischief And Hypocrisy On Display Again / Alex Otti's LP Supporters Keep Vigil At INEC Collation Center At Obingwa L.G.A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.