Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

ADVICE: Volkswagen T4 School Bus - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ADVICE: Volkswagen T4 School Bus (1513 Views)

Neat Volkswagen T4 For Sale / 2019 Volkswagen Jetta Revealed (photos And Details) / Check Out The 43 Years Evolution Of Volkswagen Golf From MK1 To MK7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ADVICE: Volkswagen T4 School Bus by Bondnotjames: 8:29pm On Nov 03, 2019
Please i intend to buy a school bus for my wife's school.

Would have preferred Toyota but due to funds, I've settled for a VW T4.

Questions.

1. Is the car problematic and suitable for this purpose?
2. What are the common issues I can prevent with proper maintenance?
3. It's a 5cyl 2.5l automatic petrol engine long frame, is this spec ok?
4. At 1.5mill am I being swindled?

Thanks in anticipation....

anchor84
abatically
siena
gazzuzz
hubcruz
lexusgs
honmusa
mayor2013
bravolad
lomomike
camaro
nurey
Re: ADVICE: Volkswagen T4 School Bus by nurey(m): 9:16pm On Nov 03, 2019
Bondnotjames:
Please i intend to buy a school bus for my wife's school.

Would have preferred Toyota but due to funds, I've settled for a VW T4.

Questions.

1. Is the car problematic and suitable for this purpose?
2. What are the common issues I can prevent with proper maintenance?
3. It's a 5cyl 2.5l automatic petrol engine long frame, is this spec ok?
4. At 1.5mill am I being swindled?

Thanks in anticipation....

Good alternative to the Toyota Hiace but the Long frame you are eyeing is what I have issues with. Our bad road isn't kind to it, makes the chassis bend on the long run, you will spend more time at the panel beater adjusting the chassis and frame, I would ask you to focus on the SWB or

1. buy a VW LT25 or 35

2. Mazda B2200 series though that one starting price is around 1.8 to 2.5m to even find it sef.

3. Hyundai starex

4. Mitsubishi L400

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: Volkswagen T4 School Bus by Bondnotjames: 9:49pm On Nov 03, 2019
Thank you. I appreciate.

nurey:

Good alternative to the Toyota Hiace but the Long frame you are eyeing is what I have issues with. Our bad road isn't kind to it, makes the chassis bend on the long run, you will spend more time at the panel beater adjusting the chassis and frame, I would ask you to focus on the SWB or

1. buy a VW LT25 or 35

2. Mazda B2200 series though that one starting price is around 1.8 to 2.5m to even find it sef.

3. Hyundai starex

4. Mitsubishi L400
Re: ADVICE: Volkswagen T4 School Bus by avril9(f): 11:26pm On Nov 03, 2019
Am using same(though mine runs on diesel, manual).... heard the current price is same with what u quoted... You would face all kinds of maintenance mostly with the legs. If you are in Lagos just make the iyana itre market ur friend for good mechanics and parts shop,most mechanics in town are no longer interested on working on VW T4(or better put, most of them don't have the skills to work on it, they also hate it when it comes to changing the clutch)... In all make sure if u decide to get it, its from a reliable and trusted source, go with a mechanic u can trust,Just buy something that's next to good don't let anyone fool you all car owners are going through a tough time with the bad roads in Lagos /Nigeria.... Cheers.
Re: ADVICE: Volkswagen T4 School Bus by Joehigashi(m): 9:49am On Nov 04, 2019
If it can be used for commercial purposes in Lagos, then you have your answer. I'm very sure a school bus can't be stressed as a commercial t4 that starts work as early as 4am.its a very rugged vehicle. I prefer diesel though, the choice is yours.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ADVICE: Volkswagen T4 School Bus by Chrisdolz1997: 11:18pm On Aug 05, 2020
Have you gotten it already op

(1) (Reply)

Please Help!!! My Car Was Seized By The Police At Past 9 Because Of Lagos Curfew / Why Are Very Little Demand For Pick-up Trucks Here? / Please Help With Vechicle Scan Analysis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.