Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Please Help!!! My Car Was Seized By The Police At Past 9 Because Of Lagos Curfew - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help!!! My Car Was Seized By The Police At Past 9 Because Of Lagos Curfew (1513 Views)

Bouncer Laments After His Car Was Disfigured By Boys He Bounced In Edo (Video) / Which Car Was Your First Car? / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!!! My Car Was Seized By The Police At Past 9 Because Of Lagos Curfew by brianok(m): 11:48pm On May 11, 2020
Hello people

Good evening. On my home around past 9 today, I was stopped by policemen at Ajah, Lagos and after much arguments my car was impounded and taken to the police station on the basis that I broke the law that says curfew starts at 8pm. All my explanation fell on deaf ears. I agree I am not meant to be out at that time but I had to go pick up something urgently.

Please how do I get my car out? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Please Help!!! My Car Was Seized By The Police At Past 9 Because Of Lagos Curfew by optionb2(m): 11:59pm On May 11, 2020
brianok:
Hello people

Good evening. On my home around past 9 today, I was stopped by policemen at Ajah, Lagos and after much arguments my car was impounded and taken to the police station on the basis that I broke the law that says curfew starts at 8pm. All my explanation fell on deaf ears. I agree I am not meant to be out at that time but I had to go pick up something urgently.

you will be charge to court by tommorow and you will ve to pay two thousand naira as your fine or u ll be subjected to a day community service. so relax am speaking from experience. or else if you ve more cash to waste by bribing the police.
Re: Please Help!!! My Car Was Seized By The Police At Past 9 Because Of Lagos Curfew by jaz(m): 12:03am On May 12, 2020
Carry money go settle
brianok:
Hello people

Re: Please Help!!! My Car Was Seized By The Police At Past 9 Because Of Lagos Curfew by Exc2000: 12:07am On May 12, 2020
brianok:
Hello people

first thing tomorrow morning head to their station...

either of two things would happen.. 1: they either collect bribe and let you go if you beg them, or 2: They charge you to a mobile court or magistrate court , where depending on the Judge's temprament, you might get light sentencing (as a first time offender) of fine and community service (road cleaning) or more stiffer penalty days in jail, forfeiture of the car

your best bet is to beg the police and pray they don't charge you to cour, because lagos courts no get joy

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! My Car Was Seized By The Police At Past 9 Because Of Lagos Curfew by doggedfighter(f): 1:08am On May 12, 2020
It's not Rivers State so won't be auctioned.
Go back to the station and pay your fine.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! My Car Was Seized By The Police At Past 9 Because Of Lagos Curfew by aieromon(m): 2:32am On May 12, 2020
brianok:
Hello people

No time for long talk. Negotiate your fine.
Re: Please Help!!! My Car Was Seized By The Police At Past 9 Because Of Lagos Curfew by longetivity(m): 5:08am On May 12, 2020
see how disobedient you are
Re: Please Help!!! My Car Was Seized By The Police At Past 9 Because Of Lagos Curfew by jodeci(m): 6:04am On May 12, 2020
Disobedience has consequences. You Deliberately flouted the law and now you seek free advice. Your car should be auctioned.Lawlessness thrives when disobedience is not adequately punished.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! My Car Was Seized By The Police At Past 9 Because Of Lagos Curfew by sultaan(m): 6:07am On May 12, 2020
This advisory of curfew, and isolation is being exploited by the police because their usual means are not available right now.
Re: Please Help!!! My Car Was Seized By The Police At Past 9 Because Of Lagos Curfew by ksmart027(m): 7:25am On May 12, 2020
DanishGraph:
Audi has so many series of care, where Q is one of the most popular series. Audi Q5 is a midsized sports utility car. This car was designed by Christan Winkelmann and has 5 door wagon body style. If you need the Audi Q5 manual then you can visit our website.
how does these have to do with the advise op need.
Re: Please Help!!! My Car Was Seized By The Police At Past 9 Because Of Lagos Curfew by ruby360: 10:34am On May 13, 2020
Oga you see why Wike is doing what he is doing in Port Harcourt. SIMPLY BECAUSE NIGERIANS ARE STUBBORN.

You people will never obey simple instructions on Covid-19. You have put your life at risk now. I can tell you that car might stay longer there than you think. What if any of the policemen that confronted you have Corona Virus?

They will just infect you easily because you refused to stay at home. (Sturborness).
Re: Please Help!!! My Car Was Seized By The Police At Past 9 Because Of Lagos Curfew by seanfer(m): 10:43am On May 13, 2020
ruby360:
Oga you see why Wike is doing what he is doing in Port Harcourt. SIMPLY BECAUSE NIGERIANS ARE STUBBORN.

You people will never obey simple instructions on Covid-19. You have put your life at risk now. I can tell you that car might stay longer there than you think. What if any of the policemen that confronted you have Corona Virus?

They will just infect you easily because you refused to stay at home. (Sturborness).

Even in other well governed countries some people still go against the law so stop saying Nigerians law breakers and that doesn't justify the actions of Governor Wike.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!!! My Car Was Seized By The Police At Past 9 Because Of Lagos Curfew by promotervickky(m): 10:52am On May 13, 2020
Op, How far how you gone? How did it went
Re: Please Help!!! My Car Was Seized By The Police At Past 9 Because Of Lagos Curfew by brianok(m): 11:20am On Jun 14, 2020
promotervickky:
Op, How far how you gone? How did it went

We eventually sorted it but had to part with cash
Re: Please Help!!! My Car Was Seized By The Police At Past 9 Because Of Lagos Curfew by NaijadrivaCars: 12:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
End of thread then.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed On The Infinity Fx35 / How Can I Get A Drivers License In Lagos And How Much Will It Cost? Please Help / All-new 2020 Lincoln Aviator Will Compete With Mercedes GLE And BMW X5 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.