Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” (34270 Views)

The Right Way To Answer The Question: What Should We Pay You? / Urgent Tips On How To Answer The Interview "What Are You Bringing To The Table / 7 Tips To Help You Answer The Interview Question, “tell Me About Yourself” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by mrwonlasewonie: 8:02am On Nov 04, 2019
[quote author=Paulo3ree post=83724435][/quote] what's with the face ? undecided

And get the picture of this dirty malnourished baby out of my mention.its not by force to get into my mention please undecided
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by anytexy: 8:03am On Nov 04, 2019
Some people say you should not mention your name since it is written in your CV.
A kind of confused which one do we follow?
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by Goldencheese(m): 8:04am On Nov 04, 2019
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by mrwonlasewonie: 8:06am On Nov 04, 2019
stanliwise:
You don't understand that University training Student to becomes entrepreneurs isn't what will keep people out of job hunting.

The first and foremost thing for entrepreneurship to happen is when an entrepreneur find himself/herself in an enabling environments.

If not, you will get frustrated with time.

Government should provide basic amenities that would facilitate the entrepreneurship mindset.
if out of 100graduates 70-80 percent creates jobs whilst the 30percent get the job isn't that a fair deal and won't that lighten the government burdens?

See the thing with unemployment is that it is a collaborative and joint effort IT's not only for government and so if those who are entrepreneurially inclined produce the jobs,those who are more career inclined can do the work and everyone wins, government and the people,isn't that reasonable?
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by Paulo3ree(m): 8:08am On Nov 04, 2019
mrwonlasewonie:
what's with the face ? undecided

And get the picture of this dirty malnourished baby out of my mention.its not by force to get into my mention please undecided

Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by mrwonlasewonie: 8:09am On Nov 04, 2019
Paulo3ree:

you have been noticed childish troll,now get out of my mention
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by purples25(f): 8:11am On Nov 04, 2019
Offpoint:
Working Under someone is my weakness, I have phobia for rules and dress code.

I think I'll ever work under someone ever again...

Yeah, it is really scary, isn't it. How do you plan to survive without that though? Will you start your own business?
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by ecclize: 8:15am On Nov 04, 2019
arodavoo:

I taught china importation for free on my thread
But those that want to know about hair importation and importation from the countries listed above would pay 3k
how can i reach u on whatsapp boss
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by Offpoint: 8:16am On Nov 04, 2019
purples25:

Yeah, it is really scary, isn't it. How do you plan to survive without that though? Will you start your own business?
I'm a freelancer and a Dropshiper
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by purples25(f): 8:21am On Nov 04, 2019
mrwonlaswonie made a nice point. More people should be trained to be employers.
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by purples25(f): 8:22am On Nov 04, 2019
Offpoint:
I'm a freelancer and a Dropshiper

Fair enough.
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by LucemFerre: 8:24am On Nov 04, 2019
Fvck that...
Interviewer: Tell me about yourself

Me: What the hell did you collect my CV for?

Interviewer: You are being rude...

Me: You are being unreasonably dumb

Interview questions are fvcking ridiculous
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by Paulo3ree(m): 8:26am On Nov 04, 2019
mrwonlasewonie:
you have been noticed childish troll,now get out of my mention
But still

Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by arodavoo(m): 8:27am On Nov 04, 2019
ecclize:

how can i reach u on whatsapp boss

Check my profile my WhatsApp number is there
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by Offpoint: 8:28am On Nov 04, 2019
purples25:

Fair enough.
Will love to learn WRITING SKILL from you, I'm ever open to new things.
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by Mcsen10: 8:56am On Nov 04, 2019
OP nice Write up
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by TheSociopath(m): 9:03am On Nov 04, 2019
mrwonlasewonie:
I remember when I wrote my dissertation.my contribution to knowledge and recommendations was focused on the academia.i said

*THE ACADEMIA SHOULD TILT ITS CURRICULUM TOWARDS RAISING POTENTIAL GRADUATES TO BE EMPLOYERS OF LABOR INSTEAD OF JOB SEEKERS BECAUSE IF EVERY GRADUATE IS LOOKING FOR A JOB AFTER SCHOOL,WHO ARE THE PEOPLE GOING TO MAKE THE JOB*?

During my defense (to the glory of God) I told my external examiner when he said tell me how your recommendations in your theses is applicable to the Nigerian situation.he said you have 15, minutes to prove yourself and I told him every teacher and lecturer keep saying study hard so you will make a 1st class and get a good job,how about study hard so you will be an employer of labor?

How about study hard so that you can reduce unemployment rate.if you raise 50 students for example to be employers of labor,do you know the multiplying effect that will have on our economy? Look at the Chinese,look at the Lebanese guys look at the Indians that come to Nigeria to do business, some of them aren't even graduates but they're employers of labor because they're skilled,how about raising not just intellects that dont fit into the current reality of the Nigerian situation, instead raise SKILLED INTELLECT

Now look at the consequences of lecturers telling students to earn 1st class or 2.1.we have a lot of them in the labor market, some are fortunate to be employed but there's no job fulfillment and some of them are not maximizing their potentials because the academia only trains Nigerian students to be academic robots not pragmatic thinkers.i have a friend for example sir who finished with a very strong 2.1 in agricultural science he had a CGPA of 4.0 and he is working as a bank cashier.why? Because the academia only told him to get a good grade and job hunting will be easy for him.imagine about a hundred graduates from each university producing Jobs in each of their respective state that is after the nysc and the nysc gives them a start up capital for a push, properly monitored in order not to be misused, think about it sir .

The man (my external examiner) stood up and congratulated me (to Jesus be all the glory)

Cool. But there's nothing like the academia
It is simply academia. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by Tapout(m): 9:08am On Nov 04, 2019
Offpoint:
Working Under someone is my weakness, I have phobia for rules and dress code

I think I'll ever work under someone ever again...

same here.
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 04, 2019
Freemanbobble:
And remember to always be yourself

An employer once asked me
Do you smoke?

I said yes but i smoke the other one
What's the other one?

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by JAYYD: 9:45am On Nov 04, 2019
This pattern is no longer in use, what they do now is presentation, you will be given a case study to analyze.

both individual and group presentation....it is not funny at all.
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by jojothaiv(m): 10:24am On Nov 04, 2019
This week go make brain.

NP: Erigga ft Brenny Jones Situation Room
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by jojothaiv(m): 10:25am On Nov 04, 2019
eniolaamos7:
What's the other one?
Tell me say you no sabi wetin him mean..
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 04, 2019
jojothaiv:

Tell me say you no sabi wetin him mean..
That he's intelligent ?
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by jojothaiv(m): 11:31am On Nov 04, 2019
eniolaamos7:
That he's intelligent ?
If that's "the other one" by you who am I to argue..
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by VaalCee(m): 11:32am On Nov 04, 2019
I swear. Even my PPA for NYSC dia rules too much. I run o
Offpoint:
Working Under someone is my weakness, I have phobia for rules and dress code.

I don't think I'll ever work under someone ever again...
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by mrwonlasewonie: 11:53am On Nov 04, 2019
TheSociopath:

Cool. But there's nothing like the academia
It is simply academia. Thanks
I prefer THE ACADEMIA
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by mrwonlasewonie: 11:54am On Nov 04, 2019
Paulo3ree:

But still
I don't entertain simpletons,now run along
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by TheSociopath(m): 12:20pm On Nov 04, 2019
mrwonlasewonie:
I prefer THE ACADEMIA

I know you have learnt. Bye
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by Paulo3ree(m): 12:21pm On Nov 04, 2019
mrwonlasewonie:
I don't entertain simpletons,now run along
Solomon

Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by arcdone(m): 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2019
Nice post...
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by akdjr(m): 1:02pm On Nov 04, 2019
How not to stress yourself learning the tips above is to start up a business on your own.

If for example you work with Honeywell as a graduate where you're being paid 100k as salary with some stringent terms and conditions, you're far behind a graduate who grind wheat, yam flour, plantain flour and sells to consumers.

Guess what? You can be fired at anytime by the company but no one can fire you as you manage urs.

You're guarantee of making at least 3-5k daily with possibility of increase as the business without fear or pressure from anyone.

It is high time we look beyond growing with a salary job. This is not to discourage intending job applicant. But when you get one, just set up target for yourself to work with the company maximum of 5years and start with little you're able to save.
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by akdjr(m): 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2019
How not to stress yourself learning the tips above is to start up a business on your own.

If for example you work with Honeywell as a graduate where you're being paid 100k as salary with some stringent terms and conditions, you're far behind a graduate who grind wheat, yam flour, plantain flour and sells to consumers.

Guess what? You can be fired at anytime by the company but no one can fire you as you manage your private business.

You're guarantee of making at least 3-5k daily with possibility of increase as the business without fear or pressure from anyone.

It is high time we look beyond growing with a salary job. This is not to discourage intending job applicant. But when you get one, just set up target for yourself to work with the company maximum of 5years and start with little you're able to save.

Note, I used Honeywell as case study because if you work with them you're not different from someone who sells the same product in the market. This is not meant to defame the company.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Apply For INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment For 2019 Election / Guinness Nigeria Plc Latest Graduate Job Recruitment 2016 / Teach For Nigeria Application Now Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.