Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” (34266 Views)

The Right Way To Answer The Question: What Should We Pay You? / Urgent Tips On How To Answer The Interview "What Are You Bringing To The Table / 7 Tips To Help You Answer The Interview Question, “tell Me About Yourself” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by solzil(m): 2:19pm On Nov 04, 2019
God Bless Ur Wisdom....
mrwonlasewonie:
I remember when I wrote my dissertation.my contribution to knowledge and recommendations was focused on the academia.i said

*THE ACADEMIA SHOULD TILT ITS CURRICULUM TOWARDS RAISING POTENTIAL GRADUATES TO BE EMPLOYERS OF LABOR INSTEAD OF JOB SEEKERS BECAUSE IF EVERY GRADUATE IS LOOKING FOR A JOB AFTER SCHOOL,WHO ARE THE PEOPLE GOING TO MAKE THE JOB*?

During my defense (to the glory of God) I told my external examiner when he said tell me how your recommendations in your theses is applicable to the Nigerian situation.he said you have 15, minutes to prove yourself and I told him every teacher and lecturer keep saying study hard so you will make a 1st class and get a good job,how about study hard so you will be an employer of labor?

How about study hard so that you can reduce unemployment rate.if you raise 50 students for example to be employers of labor,do you know the multiplying effect that will have on our economy? Look at the Chinese,look at the Lebanese guys look at the Indians that come to Nigeria to do business, some of them aren't even graduates but they're employers of labor because they're skilled,how about raising not just intellects that dont fit into the current reality of the Nigerian situation, instead raise SKILLED INTELLECT

Now look at the consequences of lecturers telling students to earn 1st class or 2.1.we have a lot of them in the labor market, some are fortunate to be employed but there's no job fulfillment and some of them are not maximizing their potentials because the academia only trains Nigerian students to be academic robots not pragmatic thinkers.i have a friend for example sir who finished with a very strong 2.1 in agricultural science he had a CGPA of 4.0 and he is working as a bank cashier.why? Because the academia only told him to get a good grade and job hunting will be easy for him.imagine about a hundred graduates from each university producing Jobs in each of their respective state that is after the nysc and the nysc gives them a start up capital for a push, properly monitored in order not to be misused, think about it sir .

The man (my external examiner) stood up and congratulated me (to Jesus be all the glory)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by ayanbaba2(m): 4:07pm On Nov 04, 2019
thanks

Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by mrwonlasewonie: 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2019
Paulo3ree:

Solomon
awaniyen wink tongue
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by mrwonlasewonie: 4:19pm On Nov 04, 2019
TheSociopath:

I know you have learnt. Bye
nope.bye
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 04, 2019
jojothaiv:

If that's "the other one" by you who am I to argue..

I want your opinion on it too. What did you think he meant by that ?
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by Paulo3ree(m): 5:01pm On Nov 04, 2019
mrwonlasewonie:
awaniyen wink tongue
What's the meaning of awaniyen

Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by stanliwise(m): 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2019
mrwonlasewonie:
if out of 100graduates 70-80 percent creates jobs whilst the 30percent get the job isn't that a fair deal and won't that lighten the government burdens?

See the thing with unemployment is that it is a collaborative and joint effort IT's not only for government and so if those who are entrepreneurially inclined produce the jobs,those who are more career inclined can do the work and everyone wins, government and the people,isn't that reasonable?
No not at all, the government are the top dogs when it comes to who and who will make entrepreneurship happen.
How many young entrepreneurs can provide power?
How about roads for business that rely heavily on transportation?
Loans nkor?

See many people run away from some places with opportunities basically because the place doesn't have things like hospitals, road, stores, companies and etc.... forget sometimes there may be opportunities but when constrain of lets say electricity hit you, you may spend half of your profits on electricity.

Some farmer couldn't reach their customers because of bad road.

lack of infrastructures like Schools for kids and also good hospitals are major reason why some people ran away from some areas.

Baba of them all is lack of good capital to start some big ideas, who wan give you 600k to start bread business?

Most entrepreneurs we have in Nigeria today are in there because of they have no alternative, if they find a good job, Omo them go run oh

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by wethebest(m): 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2019
Offpoint:
Working Under someone is my weakness, I have phobia for rules and dress code.

I don't think I'll ever work under someone ever again...

This is so me. I can't be tying my neck nd wake up by 5am to obey strict rules while d person snaws till 10am b4 waking up.

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by jojothaiv(m): 5:54pm On Nov 04, 2019
eniolaamos7:

I want your opinion on it too. What did you think he meant by that ?
"I don see men hammer, I don see men broke
till the point wey dem no fit buy gbana smoke"
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by mrwonlasewonie: 6:40pm On Nov 04, 2019
Paulo3ree:

What's the meaning of awaniyen
Go and ask Google
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by mrwonlasewonie: 10:05pm On Nov 04, 2019
stanliwise:
No not at all, the government are the top dogs when it comes to who and who will make entrepreneurship happen.
How many young entrepreneurs can provide power?
How about roads for business that rely heavily on transportation?
Loans nkor?

See many people run away from some places with opportunities basically because the place doesn't have things like hospitals, road, stores, companies and etc.... forget sometimes there may be opportunities but when constrain of lets say electricity hit you, you may spend half of your profits on electricity.

Some farmer couldn't reach their customers because of bad road.

lack of infrastructures like Schools for kids and also good hospitals are major reason why some people ran away from some areas.

Baba of them all is lack of good capital to start some big ideas, who wan give you 600k to start bread business?

Most entrepreneurs we have in Nigeria today are in there because of they have no alternative, if they find a good job, Omo them go run oh
if government is serious and truly commited about this entrepreneurial thing they'll do it

If after nysc they can give each corner 150k for start up capital,it will go a long way in encouraging entrepreneurial youths to invest in business
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by Paulo3ree(m): 10:31pm On Nov 04, 2019
mrwonlasewonie:
Go and ask Google

Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by stanliwise(m): 10:32pm On Nov 04, 2019
mrwonlasewonie:
if government is serious and truly commited about this entrepreneurial thing they'll do it

If after nysc they can give each corner 150k for start up capital,it will go a long way in encouraging entrepreneurial youths to invest in business
They shouldn't, It isn't necessary.

We graduate want
Stable electricity,
Stable water supply,
Good road,
Good health care centers,
Security of life and Properties,
and other infrastructures.

Sharing money wouldn't solve much if our facility are dilapidated.
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by mrwonlasewonie: 7:49am On Nov 05, 2019
stanliwise:
They shouldn't, It isn't necessary.

We graduate want
Stable electricity,
Stable water supply,
Good road,
Good health care centers,
Security of life and Properties,
and other infrastructures.

Sharing money wouldn't solve much if our facility are dilapidated.
start up capital is a SUPPORT MECHANISM.its not free money that was why I said IF THEY'RE COMMITTED. But it's obvious they're not interested in fixing infrastructural facilities.if they were they would have done it.
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2019
jojothaiv:

"I don see men hammer, I don see men broke

till the point wey dem no fit buy gbana smoke"
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Apply For INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment For 2019 Election / Teach For Nigeria Application Now Open / Guinness Nigeria Plc Latest Graduate Job Recruitment 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.