Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

6 Typical Reasons Why Your Transmission System May Not Last Long - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 6 Typical Reasons Why Your Transmission System May Not Last Long (10196 Views)

5 Typical Reasons Why Your Car Fails To Start / 5 Signs That Indicates Your Transmission Needs To Be Flushed / 5 Typical Reasons Why Your Car Starter Fails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Typical Reasons Why Your Transmission System May Not Last Long by okewumi: 11:59am On Nov 05, 2019
Please what is the best transmission oil of Toyota Camry 2004 model. The owner misplaced the vehicle manual
Re: 6 Typical Reasons Why Your Transmission System May Not Last Long by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 05, 2019
Thats why I like manual, auto wahala too much especially the damned cvt.
Re: 6 Typical Reasons Why Your Transmission System May Not Last Long by 400billionman: 12:51pm On Nov 05, 2019
Fixing auto gears takes time and money. Very laborious.

One even has to travel 50km to get a certified technician.

Considering manual cars seriously again.

And after driving as experts for long, one starts over labouring auto gears by engaging the Parking gear when car is still moving, engaging Reverse when car is still moving forward, engaging Drive gear when car is still moving backwards.

Not using the Hand brake etc.
Re: 6 Typical Reasons Why Your Transmission System May Not Last Long by 400billionman: 12:52pm On Nov 05, 2019
okewumi:
Please what is the best transmission oil of Toyota Camry 2004 model. The owner misplaced the vehicle manual

So you don't have a mechanic.

Good Mechanics have all these oils in stock, they advice you, change it for you, You just pay.

Most mechanics scam car users over gear issues.
Re: 6 Typical Reasons Why Your Transmission System May Not Last Long by DLuciano: 2:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
SlyPe:
I changed the shaft of my car in the driver's side last month and just 2 days ago the shaft in the passenger side is making some weird sound, I was told I should have changed the two front shaft the sametime but the thing is the shaft in the passengers side wasn't making noise before then. My question is should I still change the shaft in the drivers side again or I should only change that of the passengers side?? Thanks as you reply.

Op commented "It is best to take your car to a certified transmission expert sooner or later" Do we have certified mechanics in Nigeria? who certifies them? where can they be found? Is their charge affordable?
Re: 6 Typical Reasons Why Your Transmission System May Not Last Long by SlyPe(m): 3:41pm On Nov 05, 2019
achi4u:
If it is only two days, change the passenger side too because the driver's side is still OK.

That's what my mechanic also said, I've already changed the passenger side. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 6 Typical Reasons Why Your Transmission System May Not Last Long by Efuaye(m): 4:20pm On Nov 05, 2019
My automatic transmission won't engage when hot! It goes out of gear especially when in traffic gridlock. I have to switch off the engine like for two minutes for it to pick again.
I serviced it last month when water mixed with the oil. My mechanic isn't sure exactly what to do. He said something about the fiber wearing out.
What do I do?
Re: 6 Typical Reasons Why Your Transmission System May Not Last Long by mooa404(m): 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
This topic reminds me of the question I have concerning Auto Transmission.
Egnrs in the house, can shifting to Neutral while on motion / sloping and then shift to drive when the need arises, also on motion affect the Auto Gear Transmission?
I do this often and want to know if I should stop.
Re: 6 Typical Reasons Why Your Transmission System May Not Last Long by PheelzAlmighty: 6:03pm On Nov 05, 2019
Amen o
[quote author=Ipodisacriminal post=837550

You will buy one soon ijn [/quote]
Re: 6 Typical Reasons Why Your Transmission System May Not Last Long by PheelzAlmighty: 6:04pm On Nov 05, 2019
Amen o
toaterry:

God will grant you the grace to buy one.
Re: 6 Typical Reasons Why Your Transmission System May Not Last Long by Exponental(m): 8:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
PheelzAlmighty:
As I don't have a car nko
Apply to your legs
Re: 6 Typical Reasons Why Your Transmission System May Not Last Long by cyborg123(m): 1:30pm On Nov 07, 2019
mooa404:
Egnrs in the house, can shifting to Neutral while on motion / sloping and then shift to drive when the need arises, also on motion affect the Auto Gear Transmission?
It's a bad practice. You will wear out the transmission bands prematurely.
Re: 6 Typical Reasons Why Your Transmission System May Not Last Long by paix(m): 8:44pm On Nov 07, 2019
I have not serviced my car gearbox since 5 years now. It's a CVT gearbox. But I intend to do that maybe next month, God willing.
Re: 6 Typical Reasons Why Your Transmission System May Not Last Long by 9icetoo(m): 10:52am On Nov 08, 2019
mooa404:
Stop.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Skills Every Female Car Driver Should Have / Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! / Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.