Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,965 members, 7,848,906 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:50 AM

Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? (25412 Views)

FG Unveils Plans To Launch A New National Identity Card With Special Features / Is The Improved National Identity Card Slip Acceptable For Verifications? / Isa Pantami: Nigeria To Replace National Identity Card With Digital Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by galadima77(m): 12:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
Ahh...dont tell anybody told you the reason...bri g your ear let me whisper the reason to you alone.

"It's incompetence"

See someone complaining of doing theirs since 2015....mine was on a mobile registration office since 2012 aswear. No news since then and I can't register twice.
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2019

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by BatleFox: 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2019
ogunjyde2004:
let me help you recover your missing shares and dividends within a week. find it! just like magic.

Do you have an office? I have shares in the default Intercontenental Bank now Access bank
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Sage7(m): 12:59pm On Nov 05, 2019
ibietela2:

Drivers licence right? And the temporary one was more clearer than the permanent/plastic

Of course.

The handlers reduce the quality to increase their personal gains.
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Bahamas95(m): 1:08pm On Nov 05, 2019
I did mine about 5years ago and I never still get am. Thank God say I don get voters card last year.

I take am dash dem

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 05, 2019
Because Nigeria is a Shithole.
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by ogunjyde2004(m): 1:36pm On Nov 05, 2019
yes, Integratedtrust no 61 at marina
BatleFox:

Do you have an office? I have shares in the default Intercontenental Bank now Access bank
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by IdeeEsperanza(m): 1:40pm On Nov 05, 2019
Realdeals:
6 years, I collected mine April 2019, I registered August 2013.

I was suprised when I got the SMS

Maybe it's 6 years then. I've a year left
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by LZAA: 1:42pm On Nov 05, 2019
MANMABBQGRILLS:
It's very easy for someone from Niger Republic, Chad, Sudan and other Sahelian countries to get the Nigerian National ID Card than people in Southern Nigeria.

Watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGlfUwaLabQ
Keep qwayet

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by bluefilm: 1:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
Nigerian factor.

Dasal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by studentofTruth: 1:44pm On Nov 05, 2019
I did mine in December 2013, and I haven't gotten it. Anytime I try to check the status online, the portal doesn't go through. NIMC is a useless institution.
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by ekitimanalways(m): 1:46pm On Nov 05, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
I applied for mine since 2015, this is 2019. Four years later and was told it'll be out in January of 2020 which I still doubt. Nigeria is a useless country! grin
...mine since 2014... undecided angry sad
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Difrent: 1:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
correctyourself:
I wonder o, its just show how some government worker are not productive.
this is a very unfair statement. NIMC is constrained by funds so theres nothing any worker can do about that or do you expect them to print your national ID with their salary?
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by ekitimanalways(m): 1:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
1kbusiness:
grin

Imagine you finally get yours after waiting for 7 years. And then 3 days later, you misplace it. Na to forget everything cos replacement go kuku take 27 years.
cheesy
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Kenzboi1(m): 1:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
Everything in Nigeria is politics what do you expect
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by tweakdude1: 2:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
ibietela2:

My driver's license came out when it was about to expire

My international passport is pending...

Anything that will benefit Nigerians always take years but if it will benefit Politicians the more its instant example VOTER'S CARD

Hate Speech detected grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by stfadaanthony(m): 2:07pm On Nov 05, 2019
I did mine August 2013 or so,I am yet to get it. I think they have lost the data and only using delay tactics, so we can come for new registration after this might have expired. For over 4months now that I have applied for my drivers license, no news yet,I have even misplaced the slip in the process of moving it from one place to the other. Nigeria is anyhow state I swear.
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Akanoaaa(m): 2:35pm On Nov 05, 2019
I did mine on January 17 2014 at Oshogbo osun state and they keep telling me to come back till last two month I went there to ask if it has been printed out or not. Imaging, almost 6 years and they haven't print it. Nothing is working normal in this country. Oro naija ti sumi o
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by CeterisXVII: 2:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
onegig:
Op.

No money has been appropriated in recent years for the print of the cards but honestly i don't even know why you need the card because the ID number is the most important thing.

Also the cards are kind of useless as most places except for the Immigration service don't ha
The ID Number is printed on a strip of paper, that can easily get lost or torn or mutilated. Everyone knows plastic cards are far more durable than paper slips.

Secondly, the National ID Card is required as a means of identification in many places.

You cannot retrieve your SIM Card after your phone gets stolen or missing, without a valid govt issued identity card.

If you don't have a driver's license, probably because you cannot drive, the next form of ID requested from you, is the National ID Card.

Even to renew your driver's license, you will be asked for another means of identification. The National ID Card is often preferred.

You cannot even open a bank account, without a valid govt issued ID Card, like the National ID Card. The only other form of ID they will take is the driver's license or international passport.

Same thing is needed if you want to register a company name or a business name with Corporate Affairs Commission.

So what are you saying about the National ID Card not being needed??!
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by purplekayc(m): 2:45pm On Nov 05, 2019
Lagosfinder:
When plastic identity card can be printed in 10mins

This is Nigeria
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by ibietela2(m): 3:04pm On Nov 05, 2019
KingTom:

DL doesn't take that long, it's just two - three months after being given a temporary one. I haven't had any issues with Drivers license before. As for National ID card, na since December 2014 we dey wait so grin

Lucky you, i am not the only one on this thread that had issues with it
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by profeddor15: 3:05pm On Nov 05, 2019
Only God knows when my nimc card will be out since 2013 without any notifications that will keep hope alive on the card.
I believe that one day, i will receive my card i registered six years ago.
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by ibietela2(m): 3:05pm On Nov 05, 2019
showafrica:

Lol, few politicians and cows own the country at the moment. Every other person is an intruder.

Lol
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by ibietela2(m): 3:05pm On Nov 05, 2019
Sage7:

Of course.

The handlers reduce the quality to increase their personal gains.

Na wa oooo, paid close to 30k or more for that shit
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by ibietela2(m): 3:06pm On Nov 05, 2019
tweakdude1:

Hate Speech detected grin grin grin grin grin

Lol
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by ddooskie(m): 3:12pm On Nov 05, 2019
Slawormir:
As a real niggarrr

Enrolled for it in 2015 still haven't seen the card

To make it worse they are telling Nigerians they will have to renew it when it expires

How can you renew what you haven't seen?

Maybe we will never see the card
Just the slip

Bunch of Moda fuckkkers

What do you want this real nigggar to do cuz I've enrolled for it since 2013?
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
this is a serious issue that must be looked into, the nature of the partnerships between MasterCard and the government on issuances of NINC remains shrouded in mystery, there's nothing explaining this on their website, Nigerians deserve to know the privacy policies attached to that agreement, on the topic of the website, i can't even believe how unsecured and poorly designed such an important government portal is, but its the same across plenty Nigerian government sites i have visited. as for the cards itself, why cant registration centers be equipped with necessary tool to have cards printed in real time? a campaign should be started for this. it's enough..
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by mauriceju2(m): 3:41pm On Nov 05, 2019
Anything that will expose the true population of Nigeria is not allowed by the north
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by cassyrooy(m): 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
I applied for mine since 2015, this is 2019. Four years later and was told it'll be out in January of 2020 which I still doubt. Nigeria is a useless country! grin
I enrolled on 26th September, 2013 and was issued a card on 5th December, 2018. That's 5years, 2months and about one week.
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by bilulu(m): 4:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
Una never see anything especially the Yorubas, una think say na country una dey. It takes Canada less than 2 months to print out a permanent residence card which is even more sophisticated than wat we ve in Nigeria.... That one na country?
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by uniqueogo(f): 4:30pm On Nov 05, 2019
worst part is secondary school kids that will be writing waec next year are now required to register for national ID cards
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by lebete3000: 4:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
kayroc:
Rumour has it that it is because NIMC is very busy handing out IF card to Northerners and Hausas from Niger Republic. They then use the national ID card to get voters card which will be vital for elections.

Same thing happens with passport. In the south there is never any paper and people wait for months to get passport. But in Sokoto passport is printed out in 4-5 hours.

Whenever i flash out my passy in Lagos, people go dey lool me like bigboy. Didn't take me long to fathom twas due to the tortuous process in getting it.

Something i got in the North same day...North too sweet walahi...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ex-CJN Tanko To Get N2.5bn Benefits, Senate Begins Corruption Probe / Bandits Impose ₦‎2Million Levy On Zamfara Communities, 200k At Each Polling Unit / Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.