Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? (25386 Views)

FG Unveils Plans To Launch A New National Identity Card With Special Features / Is The Improved National Identity Card Slip Acceptable For Verifications? / Isa Pantami: Nigeria To Replace National Identity Card With Digital Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Lagosfinder(m): 9:41pm On Nov 04, 2019
When plastic identity card can be printed in 10mins

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by correctyourself(m): 9:46pm On Nov 04, 2019
I wonder o, its just show how some government worker are not productive.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by kayroc: 9:53pm On Nov 04, 2019
Rumour has it that it is because NIMC is very busy handing out IF card to Northerners and Hausas from Niger Republic. They then use the national ID card to get voters card which will be vital for elections.

Same thing happens with passport. In the south there is never any paper and people wait for months to get passport. But in Sokoto passport is printed out in 4-5 hours.

127 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by emeijeh(m): 10:03pm On Nov 04, 2019
Lagosfinder:
When plastic identity card can be printed in 10mins

Why you come dey blur your details?
You dey fear?
Blur details, come leave phone number for siggy, forgetting that details like BVN can be gotten from your phone number.

If you know, you know.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 04, 2019
I applied for mine since 2015, this is 2019. Four years later and was told it'll be out in January of 2020 which I still doubt. Nigeria is a useless country! grin

171 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Lagosfinder(m): 10:20pm On Nov 04, 2019
emeijeh:

Why you come dey blur your details?
You dey fear?
Blur details, come leave phone number for siggy, forgetting that details like BVN can be gotten from your phone number.

If you know, you know.

You be really street to fit know

5 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by emeijeh(m): 10:48am On Nov 05, 2019
Lagosfinder:

You be really street to fit know

Street ké?
God forbid.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by ursullalinda(f): 11:24am On Nov 05, 2019
Because this is Nigeria.....anything goes.....and everything is jagajaga
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by ijewejones: 11:24am On Nov 05, 2019

Same question need to be directed to Lagos state government on why it takes long to issue Lagos state resident permit..

I have dashed them mine since 19,19,90 lipsrsealed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Slawormir: 11:24am On Nov 05, 2019
As a real niggarrr

Enrolled for it in 2015 still haven't seen the card

To make it worse they are telling Nigerians they will have to renew it when it expires

How can you renew what you haven't seen?

Maybe we will never see the card
Just the slip

Bunch of Moda fuckkkers

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Sage7(m): 11:24am On Nov 05, 2019
There is really nothing like plastic I.D card anymore.

Paper I.D is the official I.D.

Misppropriation of funds at all public parastatals. Same with Driver’s license. I only got the plastic DL almost at expiry.

There is hope.

16 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by u11ae1013: 11:24am On Nov 05, 2019
Expect that from any government organization. If not, you keep wondering why you apply for ATM in a bank and you get your credit card same day, government hates any thing digital as that would curtail a lot of corruption

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Sijo01(f): 11:25am On Nov 05, 2019
Nigeria factor embarassed
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by kestolove95(m): 11:25am On Nov 05, 2019
Since 2014 I did my own uptill now dem never give mi plastic one

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Monogamy: 11:25am On Nov 05, 2019
Because the workers are part of Nigeria civil servants.. More than average of them are redundant

30 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by 1kbusiness: 11:25am On Nov 05, 2019
grin

Imagine you finally get yours after waiting for 7 years. And then 3 days later, you misplace it. Na to forget everything cos replacement go kuku take 27 years.

Give your logo a 3D look today for just 1k. I know it's fine normally but having a different background to it can be an added advantage when you want to use it for your social media pages. Send us a message today.

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by sunnywhyt007: 11:26am On Nov 05, 2019
I tire for naija sef not to talk of NIMC
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Stephendeals: 11:26am On Nov 05, 2019
shocked
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Queenext: 11:26am On Nov 05, 2019
It shows Nigeria isn't a country,but a jungle..

Common id card,it takes years to produce, letting people carry laminated paper like buns seller up and down

25 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 05, 2019
kayroc:
Rumour has it that it is because NIMC is very busy handing out IF card to Northerners and Hausas from Niger Republic. They then use the national ID card to get voters card which will be vital for elections.

Same thing happens with passport. In the south there is never any paper and people wait for months to get passport. But in Sokoto passport is printed out in 4-5 hours.

The rate at which people hammer out conspiracy theories on Niaraland...e too much.

Wow...where you there?

Last election, the PDP lost because many people refused to turn out for voting in the South, esepcially SE.

modified

PDP wins elections when they win the Middle Belt. That is how it was in 2003, 2007 and 2011.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by BanevsJoker(m): 11:26am On Nov 05, 2019
kayroc:

Thank you very much for speaking the truth.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by MANMABBQGRILLS: 11:26am On Nov 05, 2019
It's very easy for someone from Niger Republic, Chad, Sudan and other Sahelian countries to get the Nigerian National ID Card than people in Southern Nigeria.

Watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGlfUwaLabQ

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Mopolchi: 11:26am On Nov 05, 2019
To make sure say na you. grin
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Kendumazy(m): 11:27am On Nov 05, 2019
OK
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by anonimi: 11:27am On Nov 05, 2019
kayroc:

[img]https://1.bp..com/-_spEZ7TwEzU/XRF8uDxWQJI/AAAAAAADR7I/gPwLfreuV1AGnnOpWLdknSIxhfvR5szUgCLcBGAs/s400/Fulani-Herdsmen-and-Militia-1.jpg[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-94fjo4Rrwe8/VYYMH1qZ3eI/AAAAAAAAEg4/YQJPLvPXfq0/s400/buhari-military-offensive.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9402486_operasnapshot20190516035220www_bbc_com_jpeg27a2e53d0353af1c1d6fdd2d61f7cfc1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by spafu(m): 11:27am On Nov 05, 2019
I tire walahi. I enrolled since 2014 and till date, when I check online it is still not available. This our country done tire me, nothing works in this country, except hardship. And if you are reading this, hardship shall not be your portion or mine.

As a way of playing my own role so at to make that prayer come to pass, I struggle everyday to earn little and legitimate money from foreigners. This morning I earned my first Income for the month of November, a sum of $28.4. Kindly help me to earn more by simply clicking on the link on my signature:
Each of your click helps to boost my chances of making money and putting food on the table for me and my family.
Kindly click on my signature AT NO COST TO YOU (except of course, your data).
Thank you plenty you in advance.

8 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Thisis2raw(m): 11:28am On Nov 05, 2019
I did my own registration around 2015/2016 till now, I havnt card my card
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by ehinmowo: 11:28am On Nov 05, 2019
knowing the actual number of people in Nigeria looks like, oyinbo's idea to the archaic minds of our leaders.

I did my NIMC card in December 2014. I am yet to receive card. if I say NIGERIA is not useful to my life in ANY aspect, some idiots will be quoting me forming nationalism. If thunder won fire anybody make Dem quote me about Nigeria again. Nigeria has failed me in almost all spheres of my life. Just that I refused to fail myself.

How can someone be paid a pension of 2k per month for heaven sake! That's if you even see the 2k self. Ordinary job will still be shared among politicians. you need to see the sea of nuisance that enter Nigeria through our northern borders.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by ibietela2(m): 11:28am On Nov 05, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
I applied for mine since 2015, this is 2019. Four years later and was told it'll be out in January of 2020 which I still doubt. Nigeria is a useless country! grin

My driver's license came out when it was about to expire

My international passport is pending...

Anything that will benefit Nigerians always take years but if it will benefit Politicians the more its instant example VOTER'S CARD

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ralph Uwazuruike: Cremate My Corpse After Death - MASSOB Leader / Ahmad Sani Yerima Disgraces Nigeria -BBC Report (example child bride pic posted) / Minimum Wage: Labour Suspends Planned Strike As Talks Continue Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.