Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,538 members, 7,837,072 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

What Business Can I Start At The University? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business Can I Start At The University? (18023 Views)

Under 35 CEOs: I Started My Real Estate Company in the University - Arnold / Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market / Which Good And Profitable Business Can I Start With 500k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
Xclusiveme:
Forex trading
Sports betting/ trading
Writing and publishing on fiverr
plss can you teach me
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Ezehenry875(m): 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
Satan66:
If you're a handsome man and you're ready to make money then I indulge you to go unto male prositiution or possibly as a gay stripper.
Here's the number of my friend whom would test your skills in the oza room
0811 912 7435
satan66 your really representing demons oo earth

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 05, 2019
punter9:
As a student looking for a business to do to earn cash to support your education without the business interfering with your studies.
The following business will help you:
1. Buy a laptop, modem and a small printer: with these in place, you don't need a shop, you can make use of your room. In school you can type project for student for money. It is very lucrative. Give them a fair price better than others and you will make good cash.
Get a printer that can print, scan and photocopy. When money start rolling in get the next item quickly.

2. Digital Camera: When money start rolling in, the next item you need is to get a Camera for passport taking and pictures. This is also profitable.

3. Learn 3D Animation: this is hot cake and you can use your phone to do this. I have a class where l teach this for FREE.

Are you in Benin
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 05, 2019
Vladm:
contact me..07067042351.. lemmi teach you forex, a life paying skill and u can start with as low as 100000 with a monthly profit of notin less than 30k.. making more as you grow
Am a student too plss can I contact you too

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Ezehenry875(m): 2:27pm On Nov 05, 2019
Student go to bank for one thing or the other open small office within the school work as firstbankagent very nice and clean work

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Vernor(m): 2:32pm On Nov 05, 2019
Yes you can engage in selling laundry biz or selling liquid soap
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Izzymore(m): 2:41pm On Nov 05, 2019
If anyone needs any kind of Chicks ...Day old broiler... Day old cockerel...Day old pullets... Local turkey.. Day old putted turkey Point of lay layers... Contact me on 08024110512 whatsApp 07036023050

Prices can be review based on the prevalence prices on Monday and Thursday morning

*WE DELIVER NATION WIDE AND OFFER AFTER SALES SUPPORT TO OUR CLIENTS*

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by ideaz: 2:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
Ezehenry875:
Student go to bank for one thing or the other open small office within the school work as firstbankagent very nice and clean work

We have taken this business a notch higher with SmarTransfa. The power is back to the customers while agents/merchants focus on improving their customer service.

Check it out.

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by MissJoy29(f): 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
Jimmy17:
Hi, so I recently gained admission into the University of Ibadan and I've been thinking of a way to support myself...I was thinking of going into mining because of the vast mineral resources in the state but I heard mining is very capital intensive and highly risky..can anyone help me out with tips and pointers to get started??

Thanks in advance
CC: cassyrooy
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Emmaxy9(m): 3:06pm On Nov 05, 2019
As you are a student, I'll advice you go for online businesses which won't take too much of your strength.

You can start with blogging.
I can help you with that.

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by adeiza4u(m): 3:22pm On Nov 05, 2019
Jimmy17:
Hi, so I recently gained admission into the University of Ibadan and I've been thinking of a way to support myself...I was thinking of going into mining because of the vast mineral resources in the state but I heard mining is very capital intensive and highly risky..can anyone help me out with tips and pointers to get started??

Thanks in advance
On 13th of this month I'll be through with my studies, all to the Praise of God. My side hustle includes selling of SME Data to students. This business is encouraging if you are true to it and students can count on you. Just host your adverts on strategic places and on Whatsapp. Also I import sd cards, OTG flash drives from aliexpress and sell to students, this is a very lucrative business I must say, thanks to nairaland. I also customize wristband with my school logo and sell to students. Be smart and don't allow any business cloud your study o. Goodluck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by oyoofong(m): 3:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
Guy,damn shame.It's for the poor.DEver imagine non students own shops on campus and doing well?
With small amount of money you can start with photocopy business, barbing salon.
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by oyoofong(m): 3:28pm On Nov 05, 2019
LesbianBoy:
OP since you just gained admission, I will advice you read your books and come out with or above 4.5 gpa in the first semester. Once your course mates notice you got such mark they would start seeing you like genius and want to associate with you especially the ladies. Some of them would want you to do assignments for them.....charge them! Some tutorials.....charge them! Some to copy you in the next test or exam.....charge them! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Bad boy!
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by cassyrooy(m): 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2019
Jimmy17:

Thanks in advance
If you go through this thread you'll see great ideas but it still boils down to what you want, your available skill and also your capital.

Yes, you can go into edibles, that is, packaged foods and cakes.

You can go into social media influencers' business.

You can enter cryptocurrency, forex trading, currency exchange.

Web development and programming.

Graphic design, 2D, 3D etc tutorials. Someone is doing it but you can join if you have the skill needed.

Do not limit yourself to the school environment, because trends are fast changing in UI.

My candid advice, no matter how much money you see, try to earn a good grade before you leave UI.

From my experience, UI is drilling students harder now, but with the reinstatement of the UISU, the business vibe might accompany it.
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Dazwell19: 3:31pm On Nov 05, 2019
punter9:
As a student looking for a business to do to earn cash to support your education without the business interfering with your studies.
1. Buy a laptop, modem and a small printer: with these in place, you don't need a shop, you can make use of your room. In school you can type project for student for money. It is very lucrative. Give them a fair price better than others and you will make good cash.
Get a printer that can print, scan and photocopy. When money start rolling in get the next item quickly.

2. Digital Camera: When money start rolling in, the next item you need is to get a Camera for passport taking and pictures. This is also profitable.

3. Learn 3D Animation: this is hot cake and you can use your phone to do this. I have a class where l teach this for FREE.

bro I will like to learn 3D from you. It's has been my desires.
Olajubudamilola19@gmail.com
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by cassyrooy(m): 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2019
MissJoy29:

CC: cassyrooy
Seen and replied. Thanks for drawing my attention to the post.

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by justmykel(m): 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2019
punter9:

3D animation with phone? How pls?
Induct me into your free class abeg!
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by justmykel(m): 3:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
Emmaxy9:
As you are a student, I'll advice you go for online businesses which won't take too much of your strength.

You can start with blogging.
I can help you with that.
Can you teach me?
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by dhoney007: 3:54pm On Nov 05, 2019
Jimmy17:

Thanks in advance
I'm a student too and i ventured into popcorn and online business.
it'll definitely support you but u need to learn before you can earn.
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by WebSurfer(m): 4:06pm On Nov 05, 2019
Satan66:
If you're a handsome man and you're ready to make money then I indulge you to go unto male prositiution or possibly as a gay stripper.
Here's the number of my friend whom would test your skills in the oza room
0811 912 7435
Na God go punish you oh las las
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Tywo2018: 4:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
Go and buy photocopying machine. Thank me later smiley
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by memyselfni555: 4:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
Jimmy17:

Thanks in advance
contact me on 08133279966
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Satan66(m): 4:20pm On Nov 05, 2019
Juicyjuice:
You can start up an iPhone importation biz
It's a business i have being doing for quite sometime now.

You can get this iPhones to buy at cheap prices from some USA online marketplace like offerUp, Craiglist and many more,get a legit pickup agent to help you make the payment and help you ship the item to your address.You can start little then grow up the business over time.

One thing is for sure that it's going to sell fast considering the huge demand for iPhones in Nigeria,you can sell them using different classified online market places, YouTube videos, nairaland ads, Facebook ads, Instagram ads, popular blogs ads and their certain offline stores that ready to pay you for your imported iPhones once they arrive.

I bought my first landed property doing this biz right from the comfort of my home.
Interesting, how much do you recommend as capital?
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by OfficialSam(m): 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
GuestLog:
1. As a university student, you have the great opportunity of affiliate marketing. Get any program that rewards cash for referrals, print the marketing catch along with your links and paste everywhere paste able. (Passive income)

2. You can also sell 2nd hand clothes to girls and reap money like a pro. (Risk of debt)

3. Also, register as a POS agent in the hostel. People can make withdrawal from you without going to town to make money withdrawal. (High risk of robbery)

4. Organise interdepartmental beauty peagents or month-end shows. (You need support from stakeholders)

5. Open a shop besides the hostel for gas refill and also sell hotplates. (Low risk)

6. Soccer viewing center if the hostel doesn't have a common room with TV. (Low risk)

7. Open a well packaged Akara joint. Trust me, you will build a house from this. (Low risk if you can put your pride aside)

8. Laundry service. (Low risk)

9. Video games & snooker joint. (Low risk)

10. Fast food joint or. Indomie & eggs, kinda business. (Low risk but your grades may suffer if you do not manage your time well)

Business Ideas To Avoid

* Betshop
* Prostitution
* Sale of stolen items
* Malpractice agent
* Pimpin'
* Gigalo

My one Kobo advice
Find time to learn a skill in a relevant trade to your studies. It'll keep you many steps ahead of your peers and secure your future better.

Legendary!

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Legendguru: 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2019
Except services barbing tailoring weeving Repair and more
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by remi1444: 5:01pm On Nov 05, 2019
punter9:

I'm interested in learning the bolded.
How can I be part of the "class"?
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by remi1444: 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
adeiza4u:
On 13th of this month I'll be through with my studies, all to the Praise of God. My side hustle includes selling of SME Data to students. This business is encouraging if you are true to it and students can count on you. Just host your adverts on strategic places and on Whatsapp. Also I import sd cards, OTG flash drives from aliexpress and sell to students, this is a very lucrative business I must say, thanks to nairaland. I also customize wristband with my school logo and sell to students. Be smart and don't allow any business cloud your study o. Goodluck
I've a knack for this SMEdata business especially with the large social media connection... What's the least startup capital for say MTN, GLO and 9mobile
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 6:25pm On Nov 05, 2019
ideaz:

We have taken this business a notch higher with SmarTransfa. The power is back to the customers while agents/merchants focus on improving their customer service.

Check it out.
How does it work?
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Timagex(m): 6:44pm On Nov 05, 2019
ainas247:
cool Get a skill for now.
web design WordPress HTML

if you have the money to get a camera and learn photography and editing... (You won't go broke with this);
Look for girls in your class our any class take em, edit it, post on your IG and tag them... her friend would see it and they would come
for you. I have a brother doing this

investing in business it's not always a win-win.
. I even learnt photography before gaining admission. It really helped me. I'm in nysc and it's still very useful. Nice point sir.

3 Likes

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by adeiza4u(m): 7:11pm On Nov 05, 2019
remi1444:
I've a knack for this SMEdata business especially with the large social media connection... What's the least startup capital for say MTN, GLO and 9mobile
You can start with as low as 2k, just don't let students owe you.
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by hablink: 7:31pm On Nov 05, 2019
learn baking and confectioneries. sell cakes, chin chin and the likes to your fellow students. package them very well.
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by unibenakpos(m): 7:59pm On Nov 05, 2019
I've been following, I'm an undergraduate too but I believe business and study can't work for me, so I manage what I have during the semester and gbam once holiday or strike comes I try to earn. my advice for you is to first check your first year performance if it's good enough you can start business. most business people talk about here require large capital. some one talking about laptop, printer and stuff. I advice you sell data and recharge card to your friends, family members church members and course mate... this one is not capital intensive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I Transfer Money From Nigeria To Kenya ? / CBN Top Officials Meet Monday Over Naira Crisis / How To Be Poor (nigerian Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.