Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego (4226 Views)

Oladejo Lamikanra - Nigerian Lawyer Who Lied His Way To The Top / How Obasanjo Lied His Way To Heroism / How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by AkinEgba: 6:24am On Nov 15, 2010
http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/58894-nigerians-lie.html
Nigerians LIE

Taiwo Olokun
The Number One Chronic Liars of Nigeria are the Pastors (mostly Pentecostals).

On RCCG’s Europe website, the following were among Adeboye’s predictions for 2008:

INTERNATIONAL:
    1. There will be scientific breakthrough this year
    2. There will be major medical breakthrough this year (http://rccgeuropemainland.org/index, =69&Itemid=109).

Ah! God told him so. In 2007 ?? or 2008 ?? when scientific breakthroughs are not rare.

Recently i met a Nigerian (in Irvine, California) who was arguing with me that the Nigerian Police Force is one of the best in the world. He said some other silly things too, in his blind Nigerian-pride.

What provoked me to begin this thread is the following statement by Innocent Chukwuma - CEO of Innoson Group of Companies:

"You may not believe it Nigeria is the biggest consumer of automobiles in the world. For instance, when Mercedes was in vogue , " (http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpage, 1-2010-001.htm).

That statement and other dumb statements were made during Sun News' interview of Chukwuma whom they honoured as "CEO of the week".

Contrary to that silly statement by Chukwuma, which i'm sure some Nigerians believe, i found the following: China is the largest consumer of automobiles (http://www.rapidtrends.com/2010/01/1, ly-to-keep-it/).

To me, this is a very frustrating aspect about Nigerian culture. This brings me to the Number One Chronic Liars of Nigeria (Nigerian Pastors - mostly Pentecostals). That was one of the issues i dealt with last year in my article titled "Newsweek-Adeboye: Pentecostals". Here is an excerpt from that article:

This month (March 09) i came across a Newsweek article online titled “Newsweek: The Global Elite”. A Nigerian Pentecostal preacher (E.A. Adeboye) was on that list. After reading the section about E.A. Adeboye and especially what people had to say, i included my comments.

In the comments section, someone said:
    Pastor E.A. Adeboye is a true prophet and a man of God filled with the Holy spirit. During the ministers/workers conference meeting in Floyd, daddy preached about Elisha and Elijah. He later told us to look at him, and to ask God for the gift of the spirit each of us desired in him. I asked God for two specific things that I desire in daddy and God has granted them unto me (http://www.newsweek.com/id/ 176333/output/comments).

That's idolatry. But in Isaiah 45:22, the only true Saviour, the God of the Jewish Scripture (Old and New Testament) says: “Look to Me, and be saved, all you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.” Colossians 1:17-19 “And Christ is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell” In Christ, not in Adeboye or any other spiritual leader.

Another person said:
    … Africa today, had been forgiven the years of idolatry of the past through the works of the ADEBOYES of this generation. … Adeboye and Obama are the signals to the west that power is changing hand now: as divinely directed by God. The human redemption will surely come through Africa. …

Lies, all lies!! Even the coming ruler of the world (the fake Christ) is coming from Rome, not Africa (Daniel 9:26). In John 4:22, Jesus (Yah’Shua) said: “You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews.” True Salvation is from the line of David Yitzaak, not Africa, not Europe, or any other people. Also, no African or anyone else will be forgiven for idolatry through “the works of the Adeboyes of this generation”. Those who truly desire to be forgiven will only be forgiven through the finished sacrifice of the Jewish Messiah, the Lord Jesus.

Please see the article "Newsweek-Adeboye: Pentecostals" at the following website:
    http://www.gracetruth7.org/
    GraceTruth7.org

emj, you said: “Since u know for a fact that Nigerians lie, what d FK35 are u doing hanging out with us?”

In the hopes that some may come to their senses, or better yet Truth.

I remember the arguments we had on Osamuyi Aikpitanyi when i rebuked NVS and it's supporters for the lies that were published in the name of supporting a fellow dead black-man.

Of course not every single Nigerian is a liar. I hope you saw my comments on the news titled "DPO despoils woman to death in Aba." Here it is:

Everyone that grew-up in Nigeria or ever resided in Nigeria as an adult know that this shoddy story is credible. But Nigerians need to change in regards to irresponsible journalism and rumors.
    Ah! where is evidence for all the talk/claims that sound like eyewitness evidence, when there was no eyewitness.

Naija people!!!

I just saw the following biased statement made by Igboamaeze but highlighted/rebuked by Auspicious: “The greatest problem of the Ijaws is their unfounded arrogance. And loud mouth. …”

Haba !!! What type of generalization is that?

Ebe, thanks so much for taking time to give us light on this Emeagwali trickster, TIME magazine's Black Month stuff, CNN's error, and Bill Clinton's gullibility just like most human beings.

The details ikechiji provided (in 2008) was the first to give me reliable information on Emeagwali's dishonesty.

Ebe, more important is your statement concerning how the Nigerian culture/society is steep in myths/non-factual information.

Ah! Nigeria knows nothing concerning evidence/factual information. The Pastors are the Number One Chronic Liars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by PhysicsQED(m): 7:07am On Nov 15, 2010
Yes, but he's a Nigerian pastor, so it's expected. grin

Now a scientist on the other hand. . .that's supposed to be a man of integrity!
Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 15, 2010
What's the sense in this post? Prophets make predictions cautiously and sometimes make generalized statements but a prophecy only comfirms what God must have already told you
Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by redsun(m): 9:39am On Nov 15, 2010
Adeboye is not an issue except to belivers.Africans are d victims of indoctrination,slavery ,physical and mental colonization,they ve no sins to be forgiven.
Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 15, 2010
I guess this is in response to Emeagwali's thread ? Anyhow,the guy didn't claim to have invented christainity unlike philip who claimed to have invented the internet.
Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by DapoBear(m): 11:39am On Nov 15, 2010
I'm not a big fan of EA Adeboye. Redeemed churches in general, i don't like their focus sometimes. Some sort of commercialized Christianity.

But with all that said, I'll usually go to Redeemed just because I really like the community (yeah I know this isn't great justification. . .)
Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by slyopez(m): 12:05pm On Nov 15, 2010
@Bluetooth, what has this post got to do with P Emeagwali's thread? answer me , you tribalistic slowpoke. Yoruba Yoruba MUMU.
Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by redsun(m): 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2010
Bluetooth is chronically tribal.
Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2010
slyopez:

@Bluetooth, what has this post got to do with P Emeagwali's thread? answer me , you tribalistic slowpoke. Yoruba Yoruba MUMU.
Because it talked about two people that lied their way to fame .one through science and the other through religion.
Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by violent(m): 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2010
definitely a response to Emeagwali's thread, "the man who invented the internet" cheesy
Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by egift(m): 2:08pm On Nov 15, 2010
This must be definitely in response to Emeagwali's.

@ Poster:
If you claim its false, then you are the biggest liar in both Nairaland, in Nigeria and on the Planet. cool
Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by tkb417(m): 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2010
@OP
You are now a certified dunce!
Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by nellaluv(f): 6:56pm On Nov 15, 2010
slyopez:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by aljharem(m): 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2010
slyopez:

@Bluetooth, what has this post got to do with P Emeagwali's thread? answer me , y[b]ou tribalistic slowpoke. Yoruba Yoruba MUMU. [/b]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

pls u na no go kill personoooo grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by slyopez(m): 10:02pm On Nov 15, 2010
I am a Redeemer, also a big fan of Pastor E.A Adeboye and RCCG in general, so dont got any shit with that. I wonder y bluetooth wasn't on top nairaland tribalist. Some1 need 2 b banned 4rm dis forum.
Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by ikeyman00(m): 10:25pm On Nov 15, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@

this should be on the headline
Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by Arysexy(m): 10:52pm On Nov 15, 2010
@ blacktooth, u r simply a scalywag!!! Animal of the lowest order!!! Otolo gbatoo gi ike ebe afu, anu mpama! mkpi awusa!
Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:25am On Dec 21, 2011
~Bluetooth:

I guess this is in response to Emeagwali's thread ? Anyhow,the guy didn't claim to have invented christainity unlike philip who claimed to have invented the internet.

Philip Emeagwali did not invent the internet, Goodluck Jonathan did grin before he invented Facebook and brought it to Nigeria  grin  grin  grin
Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 21, 2011
How come on this people no dey fear to insult pastors? Please stop insulting our Pastors because whatever you sow you shall reap
Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by Femiwilli: 9:25pm On Jan 05, 2016
Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by mandarin: 9:35pm On Jan 05, 2016
You may have failed in spiritual matters and seeks out personal justification for showing forth your folly.
Only a fool will say there's no God and the devil seeks out minds of men in whom he can create his mansion like the mad man of Gadarer.
Re: Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego by ademusiwa1f: 4:57am On Jan 06, 2016
[i][/i]

(1) (Reply)

Who Created Neanderthals? / Abubakar Shekau Boko Haram Leader Is Dead / Congratulations Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.