Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,772 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions (21434 Views)

Governor Makinde Approves Payment Of 13th Month Salary To Oyo Workers / Bola Tinubu Promises Free WAEC Fees For Every Nigerian Child If Elected / Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by Montracine: 2:31pm On Nov 05, 2019
Makinde re-awards Moniya-Iseyin roads for N9b

*N170m for free WAEC past questions

Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo state has given approval for the total reconstruction of the Moniya-Iseyin road to a new contractor at a cost of over N9billion.

He also approved the printing of 100,000 copies of West African Examination Council (WAEC) compendium of past questions and answer of ten years to be distributed free to senior secondary school three (SSS3) students at both the public and private schools across the state.

The Moniya-Iseyin road became an issue when upon resumption of office, the Governor visited the site and express dissatisfaction at the rate of works done.

The project is to be handed by KOPEK construction company
The project was initially awarded by former Governor Abiola Ajimobi at a cost of N7billion out of which N2billion was released before Makinde revoked the contract.

The decisions were parts of resolutions reached at the weekly State Executive Council meeting which held at the Executive Chambers of the Governors office, Agodi Secretariat, Ibadan.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-makinde-re-awards-moniya-iseyin-roads-for-n9b/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by Biggty(m): 2:39pm On Nov 05, 2019
This Governor is actually trying

So i finally made FTC after so many years on nairaland. I dedicate this feat to President Muhammadu Buhari and his cabinet members for bringing hardship to Nigerian

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 05, 2019
Lol.
Next year Waec go hot ooooo
They need first ten by force...by fire....lol

6 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by vibewithme(m): 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
oyo students go shano next year oo. this one that they're governor is giving free past questions like this. past questions that some akara sellers will still use.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by Risingblue008(m): 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
U try
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by dammyBoxes: 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
We need more technocrats like him holding offices in Nigeria. Let's wait and see how much is allocated to education in the 2020 budget with the monumental debt the FG is servicing presently.
.Meanwhile, please take some time to check my work. I make boxes and bags of all styles and sizes. At least leave a comment on the thread. Thanks everyone
https://www.nairaland.com/5475808/alert-check-these-classy-affordable

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by Aderewah: 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
wow. I am in Oyo state and I am patiently waiting for one good policy of this man to affect me. nothing so far.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by beewhy009(m): 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
Economist! Realistic!
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by Lendell11: 2:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
This man is Governor of the year

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by OtemAtum: 2:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
Good as long as he won't leave any huge debt for the coming government. It's good to be good, but 99% of our politicians are blind to this fact.
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by babzo(m): 2:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
Really?
If the people of the State see these moves as beneficial to them, then well done sir.
But i am concerned as to why that amount is to be spent on past questions for one set? Will another 170 million be spent next year? Are there not cheaper ways? Like a digital format? Of course that can only work if the students have smart phones or computers.

As to the N9 billion, what happened to the jnitial contract? Did the contractor not do what he was paid for? Has he been made to refund what he collected? Or maybe its she.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by veraponpo(m): 2:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
Solo Makinde.

This man will be the worst governor in Oyo State.

This is an evidence of no plan

25 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by wisdom042(m): 2:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
Whoever gets the contract of printing the past questions don blow.

7 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by haryothosyn93(m): 2:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
The kind of leaders we need in nigeria
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by LegendHero(m): 2:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
People don’t know the effect of what Makinde just did as per the WAEC past questions.

I’m from Ibadan and I attended a public secondary school back in the days, I can remeber I had issue with getting money to buy past question back then and I always borrow past questions from Gbolahan.

I will borrow chemistry from him and tell him I will study 2005 questions so that I can teach him that when we meet in school the next day. That’s the code I always use to borrow all the other subjects then coz my Dad will not even look at my side coz I think the past questions is #500 each then lol.

With this, people from a poor background can prepare more for WAEC and it will improve the performance of Oyo state as a whole. I even love the way he included private school in it coz they are also part of Oyo people and they contribute to its success and failure.

Goodluck Makonde, little things like this count and government don’t need to spend billions to make changes in the life of the common man.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by thundafire: 2:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
Good but repair all schools and set a standard for any school in ur state not just this pls
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by candidbabe(f): 2:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
Okay
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by veraponpo(m): 2:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
Aderewah:
wow. I am in Oyo state and I am patiently waiting for one good policy of this man to affect me. nothing so far.

He is clueless

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by biobab23(m): 2:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
Nice one Mr. Governor please don't let IPoB to support you please if not ur second term go enter voicemail... I talk my own oyaaa I dey wait for yab ooo

6 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by gentiles(m): 2:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
170m for Waec past questions.....this man is a fraudster

16 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by iambabaG: 2:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by FuckTheMod: 2:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
Goood

MA NIGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAA
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by CbeepzWalter: 2:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
This is what is expected from all our governors,
But alas! They've all gone to fetch water...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by MZEE01: 2:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
ok
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by joenor(m): 2:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
Nice one from him
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by ddooskie(m): 2:51pm On Nov 05, 2019
GSM
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by khyron: 2:51pm On Nov 05, 2019
Damn it....7billon to 9 Billon.....hnmm...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by gentiles(m): 2:51pm On Nov 05, 2019
The man talks too much.....lot of talks with very little action

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by seanjy4konji: 2:51pm On Nov 05, 2019
That is good..at least student can have it free and prepare with it...we used it during our time also..
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by sirusX(m): 2:51pm On Nov 05, 2019
Rather than give the students, the past questions should be given to the school management with the hope that subsequent WAEC exam questions can be photocopied and added for the next class set to use

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zulum: We Found Names Of Babies On Borno Payroll / Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers / Jang Is Old Enough To Be Amaechi's Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.