Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers (21416 Views)

15 PDP Lawmakers Flee Benue As APC Member Emerges Speaker / Fayose Presents N80.774bn Budget To Seven PDP Lawmakers / Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by Beazy(f): 8:35pm On Dec 19, 2014
The 19 All Progressives Congress lawmakers of the Ekiti State House of Assembly on Friday made a surprise re-entry into the state and suspended the leader of the seven Peoples Democratic Party lawmakers, Dele Olugbemi and others.
The lawmakers, who are members of the PDP, are Samuel Ajibola, Israel Olowo, Alex Ade Ojo, Mrs. Adunni Olayinka and Ayoka Fatumbi.
At the plenary held at a secret location in Ado-Ekiti and presided over by the embattled Speaker, Dr. Adewale Omirin, the APC lawmakers also nullified all legislative actions purportedly carried out by the PDP caucus.

www.punchng.com/news/ekiti-assembly-sits-suspends-seven-pdp-lawmakers/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by Tokunbohkinibig: 8:39pm On Dec 19, 2014
Nice one

12 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 19, 2014
Just about to post this
The game of
Power and money
Vs
Authority and law

1-1

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by omenka(m): 8:42pm On Dec 19, 2014
Good!! Let those seven lawmakers go take up jobs in Fayose's kitchen. They could make a great job of doing dishes and clearing leftover.

44 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by Tolexander: 8:44pm On Dec 19, 2014
Before any tangible stability can occur in the Ekiti house of assembly, it will be after the election next year.

15 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by Tolexander: 8:52pm On Dec 19, 2014
omenka:
Good!! Let those seven lawmakers go take up jobs in Fayose's kitchen. They could make a great job of doing dishes and clearing leftover.
you think that will happen?

Expect a retaliation from the 7 lawmakers next week. Mind you, they've got the size to pass through the selectively permeable membrane created by the police.

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 19, 2014
Why a secret location? That may also mean secret suspension which to be enforced only in the secret. I'll rather advice them to make peace with the governor. Even Evans Bipi with all his supports tried such in Rivers State without success. God bless Nigeria.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by SirHouloo(m): 8:58pm On Dec 19, 2014
Ekiti and political scandals are brothers.... Small state, shaking big Naija.

8 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by okiezman(m): 9:21pm On Dec 19, 2014
omenka:

This one na yeye ban...them go soon close that assembly say them wan renovate am like edo state own then shift it to governors house..lets see how them go enter... foolish apc... by the way...wish ur ban was till next year mugu

22 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by omenka(m): 9:25pm On Dec 19, 2014
okiezman:

This one na yeye ban...them go soon close that assembly say them wan renovate am like edo state own then shift it to governors house..lets see how them go enter... foolish apc... by the way...wish ur ban was till next year mugu
Oops. I'm sorry. Didn't know I was causing someone so much pain, someone I didn't even know exists. Pele. Hope your misery continues. I'm here to ensure that.

GTFOMF.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by okiezman(m): 9:50pm On Dec 19, 2014
omenka:
Oops. I'm sorry. Didn't know I was causing someone so much pain, someone I didn't even know exists. Pele. Hope your misery continues. I'm here to ensure that.

GTFOMF.

You ain't a pain but a nuisance...empty vessel

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by Montaque(m): 10:01pm On Dec 19, 2014
Lawlessness in Nigeria amazes the elites.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by PhockPhockMan: 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2014
omenka:
why are they ranting from Tinubu's parlour? Foolish legislators. As far as we're concerned, they're absentee lawmakers.

20 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by lekhane(m): 10:12pm On Dec 19, 2014
Now this is Disk B
Now that they've come out of their exile, they should hurriedly impeach Fayose to save the state from lawlessness

7 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by Brightology2(m): 10:14pm On Dec 19, 2014
K
Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by Maczeelly(m): 10:15pm On Dec 19, 2014
Goodnews

19>7

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 19, 2014
Good. 19 is greater than 7. Not the other way round

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by PerfumeRepublik: 10:15pm On Dec 19, 2014
SirHouloo:
Ekiti and political scandals are brothers.... Small state, shaking big Naija.

They aint shaking Naija anything ,they are just shaking themselves..
They should forget party affiliations and have one objective which is to "Move ekiti forward"..
Both camps need to come together and look in2 the future

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by holatin(m): 10:15pm On Dec 19, 2014
lovely

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by jacabi(m): 10:16pm On Dec 19, 2014
Drama!
Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by blemon44(m): 10:16pm On Dec 19, 2014
ok
Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by asiwajumi(m): 10:17pm On Dec 19, 2014
Ekiti Speaker Blast APC Lawmakers, Says "They are clowns"

Speaker of the Ekiti State House of Assembly, Hon Dele Olugbemi has described as "Comedy of the festive season" claim by some of the All Progressives Congress (APC) lawmakers in the State that they sat today, in Ado-Ekiti.

Olugbemi, who said no sitting of the State House of Assembly took place today, added that "The APC lawmakers could have met at a beer parlour in Ikoyi, Lagos or Osogbo, in Osun State."

The Speaker said it was only a group of clownish clowns that would gather at a hotel, consume several bottles of beer and later send pictures of purported sitting as members of Ekiti State House of Assembly to the press.

While urging Ekiti people to ignore the APC lawmakers, Olugbemi said; "They are in court, challenging the removal of Adewale Omirin as the Speaker and it is commonsensical that they allow the court to adjudicate."

He said if the APC lawmakers were serious about performing their legislative duties, they should return to the State instead of running from one hotel to another in Lagos and Osun States.

"The APC lawmakers are behaving like the clowns that they are and one cannot but pity them.

"The hallowed chamber of the Ekiti State House of Assembly is the only venue for the sitting of the State House of Assembly and those meeting in hotels and paraga joints in Lagos and Osun States should know that they are just advertising their collective idiocy," Olugbemi said.

18 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by reknownedmarsk(m): 10:18pm On Dec 19, 2014
thank GOD they got back their power...
19 is always greater than 7...
help me tell dat to shoeless jona nd fayose..

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by Sylvarresta(m): 10:19pm On Dec 19, 2014
Nice one... But na Fayose go destroy dat state
I pity dem.... Na stomach infrastructure sha wan kill Ekiti people

7 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by Pavore9: 10:19pm On Dec 19, 2014
Dem tire me o!
Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by MillionDollars: 10:19pm On Dec 19, 2014
Politics news don tire me o!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by bongotv(m): 10:20pm On Dec 19, 2014
Fayose should be impeached, before he disroy the state.

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by wilfredomoba(m): 10:22pm On Dec 19, 2014
Plz don't allow wat happen in Edo state to Happen in Ekiti plz? I call it political Ebola

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by Igrigrigun: 10:22pm On Dec 19, 2014
PDP and its cohort of Jonathanians are about to feel the wrath of the rule of law

There is no democratic system in the world where the minority dictates to the majority.

PDP will learn that Political infrastructure is more important than Stomach infrastructure

I wish Fayose Goodluck and no pun intended.

26 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 19, 2014
Panthers vs Leopards undecided

next wil be suspendin demselvz

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by Firefire(m): 10:23pm On Dec 19, 2014
Awon oponu grin grin cheesy

Is too late

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers by Suljosh: 10:23pm On Dec 19, 2014
lekhane:
Now this is Disk B
Now that they've come out of their exile, they should hurriedly impeach Fayose to save the state from lawlessness
I concur with you

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Visits Alaafin Of Oyo Ahead Of 2019 Election / Buhari’s ‘next Level’ Policy Is ‘poverty Forever And Atiku's Policy Is Looting / Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.