Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? (13026 Views)

No Going Back On Planned Enforcement Of New Licence, Plate Numbers – FRSC / Sierra Leone Government Patronises Innoson Vehicles In Anambra State (Pictures) / Nigeria Signs MOU With Volkswagen For Manufacturing Of Vehicles In The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by Wisefellow(m): 11:39am On Nov 06, 2019
Law enforcement agencies in Nigeria are provided vehicles for their operations directly or indirectly by government at federal and state levels as well as corporate entities and well-to-do individuals to support. But after taking delivery of such vehicles, how they put them to use and maintain is something worrisome and should be checked. Quite number of these vehicles are in their sorry state with no functional hazard lights, air conditioning system and demeaning to road users and disrepute the agencies in question e.g NPF, LASG Taskforce, VIO, FRSC, LASTMA etc.

The inadequate number of such vehicles with necessary communication gadgets must be improved upon by government. However, the few available ones should be prudently put to use. The drivers and users must take ownership for neatness and maintenance of such operational vehicles to avoid damages as often known to many.

Any suggestion on how to restore sanity and maintenance of these operational vehicles by law enforcement agencies?

2 Likes

Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by ikombe: 11:56am On Nov 06, 2019
tongue
Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by nazicartel(m): 11:57am On Nov 06, 2019
?
Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by Thisis2raw(m): 11:57am On Nov 06, 2019
I think the way out is hold each station accountable for the vehicles been given to them.
Let's say if the cars get bad in no time, the maintenance fee will be deducted from the salaries of everyone in that station.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by mitchyy(f): 11:57am On Nov 06, 2019
Very good question!!!
Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by RatedStar: 11:57am On Nov 06, 2019
Naija and I don’t care attitude. Promise this law enforcement guys that after 5 years, the vehicle will become theirs and see how they will protect the cars with their lives.

7 Likes

Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by ednut1(m): 11:58am On Nov 06, 2019
The governors use this to chop money. Supplying cars bought with over inflated prices. There is also no maintainance as they police ogas don chop am
Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by dgr8truth(m): 11:58am On Nov 06, 2019
Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by Essierweb: 11:58am On Nov 06, 2019
cool
Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by Zionzuba: 11:59am On Nov 06, 2019
These ones are better compare to the ones I have seen

1 Like

Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by chigoizie7(m): 11:59am On Nov 06, 2019
Na another person office be that.

Maintenance money will always be mapped, but na one person go de chop

1 Like

Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by Blue3k(m): 12:00pm On Nov 06, 2019
Any suggestion on how to restore sanity and maintenance of these operational vehicles by law enforcement agencies?

Just be responsible. Delivery companies and car rental companies do it everyday. Inspect your vehicle everyday and make sure you go for regular maintenance it's that easy.
Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by LagBlogger(m): 12:00pm On Nov 06, 2019
If you see these vehicles in high speed chase against criminals you will understand why maintaining them is difficult.

3 Likes

Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 06, 2019
Portrays the state of Nigeria and some people wants to continue being patriotic

Tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by LovesonBlezz(m): 12:01pm On Nov 06, 2019
As a whole, we lack maintenance culture in Nigeria
Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by Wilhelm1: 12:01pm On Nov 06, 2019
Law enforcement officer ms deserve better
Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by iammo(m): 12:02pm On Nov 06, 2019
sad

its our maintanance and procurement plan that makes it like that.. If we can ammend our procurement law to make sure we only buy cars assembled by Nigerian Company and payment made in naira government workers would stop damaging government vehicles hoping to budget billions to purchase new ones

Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by Bukden16(m): 12:02pm On Nov 06, 2019
It's not even their concern

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by Dandsome: 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2019
What I always ask is these police vehicles, trucks, hilux etc, is it that they wake up one morning and use the vehicles to hit the walls or something?

From interior to the exterior it looks like a deliberate effort to destroy it.

I don't think NPF engage on high speed chase (where they have the chance or ramming a criminal out of the road or during the PIT maneuver) so how come their vehicles are like as though they have had several accidents?

If you doubt me, after reading the post, start checking out most of the police vehicles.

1 Like

Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:04pm On Nov 06, 2019
This one even better.

u go see some, na copper wire dem go use hold bumper.

some, na sellotape dem go take patch the body.

and so on.

1 Like

Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:06pm On Nov 06, 2019
Wilhelm1:
Law enforcement officer ms deserve better
You can say that again.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by fitinwell: 12:10pm On Nov 06, 2019
It is not only Government Vehicles , check out government properties all you will hear civil servants say

"Sabi na government..,property wetin concern us"

Gas Attendant : Oga how many Litres

Police Driver: put 5litres PMS for night patrol.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by lonelydora: 12:15pm On Nov 06, 2019
Oj
Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by isreal012(m): 12:19pm On Nov 06, 2019
Way forward is to purchase more patrol vehicle and station at every 400m radius in other to save daily fuel on distance covered, save the vehicle from damaging, to promote community policing and to make available when needed in that territory and to serve as backup to others in distress when the call arises via radio call.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by WiseBarunda(m): 12:20pm On Nov 06, 2019
Naija i hail oooo

check out my signature
Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by rafcrown(m): 12:25pm On Nov 06, 2019
Corruption.
Re: Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward? by mjbaba: 12:30pm On Nov 06, 2019
Let me tell you one shocking thing

My parts dealer at Zuba told me. And I've heard it somewhere else.

These police guys, when they are broke, the driver and guys on patrol, they take the car to Zuba and swap the good part. Sometimes even the full engine, for bad ones and collect the difference.

That is why all these Police hiluxes never last.

The Nigerian police is cursed

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Engine Oil Good To Service My Corolla / Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves / Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.