Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State (4748 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Flood Street Of Kaduna With Cows Despite Curfew(photos) / Court Affirms Hope Uzodinma As Imo APC Governorship Candidate / Fayose Absent From Ekiti Election, As Voting Closes In His Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by garfield1: 4:19pm On Nov 07, 2019
The Court of Appeal sitting in Kaduna State on Thursday affirmed Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State as the winner of the March 9 governorship election in the State.

The appellate court upheld the judgement of the election tribunal which had earlier affirmed El-Rufai, the candidate of the All Progressive Congress as the winner of the election.

The Independent National Electoral Commission had declared the governor the winner of the March 9 election in the state.

Dissatisfied with INEC’s declaration, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Isa Ashiru approached the Kaduna State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal where the tribunal dismissed his petition for lacking in merit.

Ashiru and his party had asked the tribunal to cancel a total of 515,951 votes, which they claimed were unlawfully allocated to the APC as well as 124,210 unlawful votes, which they said were added to the PDP, through wrong or double entry on the result sheets by INEC.

After the tribunal’s verdict, the PDP candidate went ahead to file an appeal.

The five-man panel of the Appeal Court of judges upheld the decision of the tribunal and declared El-Rufai as the duly elected governor of Kaduna State.

In the unanimous judgement delivered by Justice Olumuyiwa Aburu, the appellate court upheld the judgement of the tribunal which dismissed the petition of the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Ashiru for lacking in merit.

The Appellate Court aligned with the tribunal judgement which ruled that the PDP candidate could not prove his allegations of massive rigging and other electoral irregularities leveled against the governor at the poll.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/just-in-appeal-court-affirms-el-rufais-victory/amp/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by skinnyzsam(m): 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2019
Hell rufai is back on his thrown �

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by LOWLIFER: 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2019
It would have been a surprise,shock and miracle, all at the same time if the judgment have gone the other way.
If Atiku could lose, who is Ashiru...?

Evidently the 'independent' judiciary has been bought, bullied and rendered redundant and just like the Legislature, the third leg of the tripod, they are now mere appendage of the Presidency.

How can we now fight arbitrariness and abuse of executive power, how can we strengthen the hard earned democracy when all the present government does is to stifle the voice of the Masses and the voice of reason.

Horrible and distasteful undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by YINKS89(m): 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2019
It's apc turn now.. okorocha now El rufai.. still waiting for gan dollar
Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by superlanny(m): 5:29pm On Nov 07, 2019
I don't have a particular reason, but I just don't like this Man, maybe I just don't like midgets.

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by Badonasty(m): 5:29pm On Nov 07, 2019
congrats short man devil...northern states will never appreciate your style of government

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by wisdomhuz: 5:29pm On Nov 07, 2019
Congratulations to him
Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by skinnyzsam(m): 5:30pm On Nov 07, 2019
slowpoke Nah wetin you take ftp go dey do
Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by gurunlocker: 5:31pm On Nov 07, 2019
There are some state election that can never be overruled even if it was marred by malpractices.

Example is Kaduna and Kano...

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by ikombe: 5:35pm On Nov 07, 2019
Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by nauto5: 5:35pm On Nov 07, 2019
Good for him
Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by ursullalinda(f): 5:37pm On Nov 07, 2019
Good for him
Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by ursullalinda(f): 5:37pm On Nov 07, 2019
What were u expecting b4?....
Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by Antoeni(m): 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2019
Next to Superem Court
Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by jaggabban: 5:51pm On Nov 07, 2019
Democracy raped grin

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by omenka(m): 5:52pm On Nov 07, 2019
Democracy in grave danger- pdp.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by Kizito2nv(m): 6:08pm On Nov 07, 2019
Abeg i need money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:18pm On Nov 07, 2019
Ok. It is very much expected.
Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by Bonapart(m): 6:23pm On Nov 07, 2019
superlanny:
I don't have a particular reason, but I just don't like this Man, maybe I just don't like midgets.
i'll tell you why. He is a religion bigot. He kills his own people(those that are Christians) for fun

He is a bloody hypocrite
Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by garfield1: 6:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
superlanny:
You hate performers
Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by garfield1: 6:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
Antoeni:
Next to Superem Court
Same result
Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by garfield1: 6:27pm On Nov 07, 2019
Bonapart:
i'll tell you why. He is a religion bigot. He kills his own people(those that are Christians) for fun

He is a bloody hypocrite
Any evidence to back up this wild and spurious claims

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by Bonapart(m): 6:40pm On Nov 07, 2019
garfield1:

Any evidence to back up this wild and spurious claims
Gtfo with your stupid evidence.
Dude is a terrible killer

Who said that he paid fulani herdsmen to stop killing Christians?

Who's the body bag master?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by paix(m): 6:42pm On Nov 07, 2019
superlanny:
Wetin man pikin go do? You'll have to manage the situation till 2023, God willing.
Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by ManirBK: 7:02pm On Nov 07, 2019
Sai malam sai next level

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by paix(m): 7:04pm On Nov 07, 2019
They did their homework well to get the judiciary disorganised before the general elections. So that whatever happens will always be in their favour.
Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by Kylekent59: 7:35pm On Nov 07, 2019
Badonasty:
congrats short man devil...northern states will never appreciate your style of government

The truth here is that he won. People still love him that was why he scored above 500k.

Learn to look deeply into someone and not social media description.

If about 500k voted him, then he is good. No need to hate someone because he won.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by Tospringe: 8:19pm On Nov 07, 2019
paix:
They did their homework well to get the judiciary disorganised before the general elections. So that whatever happens will always be in their favour.
Mtcchew. You no get sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Affirms El-Rufai's Election As Governor Of Kaduna State by paix(m): 8:21pm On Nov 07, 2019
Tospringe:

Mtcchew. You no get sense
Ok o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Signs 169 Billion Year 2020 Budget / Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! / ‘States Are Not Bankrupt, But We Have No Money!’ -Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.