Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! (4748 Views)

BREAKING: Olorogun Felix Ibru Is Dead / Pictured: This Old Man Came Down From The Hospital To Vote / Cecilia Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by wales(m): 6:33am On Nov 04, 2010
CONVICTED former Chief Executive Officer of Oceanic Bank International Plc, Cecilia Ibru, has urged a Federal High Court in Lagos to transfer her from a highbrow private hospital, Reddington Hospital, Victoria Island, Lagos to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, for further treatment.

The convict had through her lawyer, Margaret Orakwusi, filed an application on October 29, seeking to transfer her client from Reddington to LUTH.

But the case could not heard on Wednesday following the absence of the lead lawyer to the prosecuting Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Dr. Konyinsola Ajayi (SAN).

The development prompted the court to fix Monday (November cool for the hearing of the application.

The ex-CEO was said to be suffering from chronic cardiac ailment just as she was sentenced to six months imprisonment by the Chief Judge of the FHC, Justice Dan Abutu, on October 8, without an option of fine.

The development was sequel to the convict’s decision to enter into a plea bargaining with the EFCC and her ‘guilty plea’ for granting $20m and N2bn credit facilities above approved limit by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

The EFCC had prosecuted the ex-CEO on a 25-count charge of alleged financial crimes before the plea bargaining and pleaded ‘guilty’ to a reduced three-count charge

In his judgment, the CJ convicted the ex-banker on the said three-count charge and directed the forfeiture of Ibru’s N191bn assets comprising 49 properties in Nigeria, United States and Dubai to the Federal Government’s agency, the Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria.

The forfeited properties also included shares in over 100 firms that were listed in the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

The CJ further held that the convict was sentenced to a six-month imprisonment on each of the three-count charge, saying that the terms would run concurrently.

The development indicated that the ex-banker would only spend six months in Ikoyi Prison.

But the CJ added a caveat when he directed the prison authorities to take the convict to Reddington Hospital for continuation of treatment, following a passionate appeal for leniency on the convict.

The CJ had said, “The convict is hereby convicted and is hereby sentenced to six months imprisonment on each of the three-count charge.

“The sentence is to run concurrently. In addition, all the assets set out in section VI of the Settlement Agreement are herby forfeited to AMCON.

“The prison authorities shall not later than two hours of after receiving the convict into their custody, take her to Reddington Hospital from where she was brought to court to continue her treatment in the hospital until she is certified fit by the hospital authority to continue to serve her sentence in the prison.”

Ibru had surrendered herself to the EFCC on August 31, 2009 just as the CBN Governor, Mr. Lamido Sanusi, removed her and other errant ex-CEOs on August 14, 2009.

The former CEO were Bartholomew Ebong (Union Bank); Sebastian Adigwe (Afribank); Okey Nwosu (FinBank); Erastus Akingbola (Intercontinental); Francis Atuche (Bank PHB); Ike Oraekwuotu (ETB); and Charles Ojo (Spring Bank).

The court had admitted Ibru to bail on September 4, 2009.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201011043343867
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by wales(m): 6:34am On Nov 04, 2010
It is barbaric that ibru is going 2 serve only six mnth in jail.that is the punishment 4 an executive criminal.a comon man wil b givn 20yrs in prisn 4 stealing a hen.Why?ibru stole de whole oF Niger n our judicial sector join her 2 rejoice.
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by oludashmi(f): 11:53am On Nov 04, 2010
Transfer to LUTH?
To serve the remaining 3 months there
She is in her house just as Bode George is, they are just deceiving themselves
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by Intrepid1(m): 12:01pm On Nov 04, 2010
This crap is a joke, The woman should have been made to back a wall and shot. The Chinese actively practice this and see how the level of corruption has dropped there! Luth ko, Okija ni,
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by sayso: 12:45pm On Nov 04, 2010
nonsense
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by PhilMoane: 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2010
This is how the six month Jail time Calendar will look like:

Reddington: 2 months

Luth: 2 months

US hospital: Many years.

On arrival, Politians will welcome her.

Probably compesated with a post of Minisita of Akowoje.
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by marcus1234: 1:48pm On Nov 04, 2010
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by Zi: 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2010
I laugh in tongues.
Drama: So Wale Adenuga (supa story) is dis creative.
Pls 4 ur info, that woman is very very far from the shores of this country. So save me d breath!
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by Zi: 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2010
I laugh in tongues.
Drama: So Wale Adenuga (supa story) is dis creative.
Pls 4 ur info, that woman is very very far from the shores of this country. So save me d breath!
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by opabukun(m): 2:45pm On Nov 04, 2010
WHICH KAI LIFE BE DIS HEE HEEHE HEHE?

POOR MAN WEY THIEVE MONEY, CRIME FIGHTER!
RICH MAN WEY THIEVE MONEY, LUTH.

THE DRAMA IS JUST UNFOLDING. ITS ONLY @ GOVT. HOSPITAL SHE CAN GET APPROVAL TO TRAVEL ABROAD FOR "URGENT MEDICAL ATTENTION''. SO WATCH OUT 4 PART 2. COMING SOON.

WAT HAPPEN TO THE N191B SEIZED?
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by blacksta(m): 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2010
I am suprised at the level of cries on this thread - If you are expecting anything otherwise then you are deceiving yourself and dont know Nigeria. Nigeria is a country where abnormality is classed as normal.
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by andyanders: 2:54pm On Nov 04, 2010
NA THIEF SHE B. BUT NIGERIAN PRIVILEDGED. THAT IS HOW THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DEY HANDLE SENIOR THIEF LIKE IBRU.SHE WANTS A PLACE SHE CAN BE SEEING HER MAN FRIEND
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by slyopez(m): 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2010
Just six months sentence for stealing N191bn or above. Some1 shud tell me where to loot N10m and i'll be ready to serve 10 years in jail.
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 04, 2010
Phil Moane:

This is how the six month Jail time Calendar will look like:

Reddington: 2 months

Luth: 2 months

US hospital: Many years.

On arrival, Politians will welcome her.

Probably compensated with a post of Minisita of Akowoje.
ROTFL
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by Pharoh: 3:31pm On Nov 04, 2010
This is very ridiculous  angry . . .why can't she start her jail term when she is healthy? Abi na when jail term come sickness go come too? Let her get healthy first and then she can start to to serve her six months.
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by Bukittes(f): 3:33pm On Nov 04, 2010
A convict still having a say! This country sef!! She should go rot in hell!!
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by chosen04(f): 3:44pm On Nov 04, 2010
Another reason why i LOVE TO HATE nigeria!!!!!
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by Koikoi(m): 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2010
Bukittes:

A convict still having a say! This country sef!! She should go rot in hell!!

even when she's sick? pple pls, she agreed 2 return her loot. how many politicians have ever agreed for a plea bargain? softly, softly she's already paying for her sins and has also repented. who will gain when she dies. pls let her be I beg u.
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by Blazing99: 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2010
From Reddington, one of the highbrow hospitalas in Nigeria to LUTH, a place where undertakers services are higly required This is really a wweird request.
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by reindeer: 5:58pm On Nov 04, 2010
Really, the fact that she was allowed to continue serving while in a hospital at all is annoying.
The sentence should have specified that her jail starts the day she leaves the hsopital then she'll have only 2 options: stay in the hospital for the rest of your life or go to jail to serve.
crazy thief!
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by buzugee(m): 6:32pm On Nov 04, 2010
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by HighChief4(m): 7:14pm On Nov 04, 2010
Very Very Funny. Nigeria my country, to be faithful loyal and honest!!!
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 04, 2010
Na wa. People are talking as if the court has already granted the request. shocked
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by adamawa: 8:57pm On Nov 04, 2010
Why are you all talking this way, this woman was not convicted for stealing or corruption. Cross check why she pleaded guilty and the count charges.

They should leave her alone, she did not steal anybody's money, never worked in government. Sanusi shuold establish a Micro finance bank and is if it will be quarter successful as Oceanic bank
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by Koikoi(m): 9:19pm On Nov 04, 2010
adamawa:

Why are you all talking this way, this woman was not convicted for stealing or corruption. Cross check why she pleaded guilty and the count charges.

They should leave her alone, she did not steal anybody's money, never worked in government. Sanusi shuold establish a Micro finance bank and is if it will be quarter successful as Oceanic bank

abi ooooo
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by superboi(m): 9:26pm On Nov 04, 2010
blazing 09 if you don,t know sh*t shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. the luth you are yabbing has high death rate because people with your mentality go to private hospital with fanciful building that will just house you till you are almost dead then send you to luth to die.(all the private hospital do is to keep you alive till you are broke then send you to luth to die)
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by 1025: 9:59pm On Nov 04, 2010
she shld seek transfer to nicon hilton bcs we are in a useless country.
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by MaiSuya(m): 10:13pm On Nov 04, 2010
adamawa:

Wetin be this? me I no go school sha but I thot her pleading guilty automatically makes her a convict. . .
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by SapeleGuy: 11:59pm On Nov 04, 2010
This case is over. Dead and buried. Let the woman be.

If you people still have any energy left, try focussing some on the Halliburton case, there is a lot to discuss, the biggest miscarriage of justice this country will see is been constructed right before your eyes but it appears your eyes have been shut tight by prejudice.
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by gonzaga: 3:03am On Nov 05, 2010
Probably becos of the high level of poverty and deprivation that abound in this country, we are soo quick to rejoice when some ill fate befalls any ''BIG'' person. Most reasoning then becomes very illogical and full of hate for the rich. This same Ibru was at a time employing and retaining the highest number of corpers in the industry. Oceanic bank was one of the most detraibalized banks in the country as it had equal spread across the nations ethnic groups. Even her own people were regarded as minority in the bank!

At least the woman has been removed, sentenced and convicted. She even forfeited assets worth about N191bn. The psychological and emotional toture she is presently suffering cannot be compared to any other form of punishment. Why do u guys want to see her dead before you rejoice? All of you that are calling for Ibru's head, have you truelly searched yourselves to be sure that u are 100% clean? Like it is said, ''A MAN THAT HAS NOT GOTTEN AN OPPORTUNITY TO STEAL, CONSIDERS HIMSELF AN HONEST MAN''

I wish Madam Ibru a quick recovery from her present ordeals and a lesson to all of us as to how best to make use of God given positions. I rest my case.
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by DonXavi(m): 7:23am On Nov 05, 2010
[/quoteYou're probably right in what you're saying, even if she eventually stays the whole six months in the hospital the fact is that the psychological and emotional toture she is undergoing for the forfeit of all these assets will equate to many years of jail term.[quote][/quote]
Re: Ibru Seeks Transfer From Private Hospital To Luth ! by na2day(m): 7:47am On Nov 05, 2010
gonzaga:

Probably becos of the high level of poverty and deprivation that abound in this country, we are soo quick to rejoice when some ill fate befalls any ''BIG'' person. Most reasoning then becomes very illogical and full of hate for the rich. This same Ibru was at a time employing and retaining the highest number of corpers in the industry. Oceanic bank was one of the most detraibalized banks in the country as it had equal spread across the nations ethnic groups. Even her own people were regarded as minority in the bank!

At least the woman has been removed, sentenced and convicted. She even forfeited assets worth about N191bn. The psychological and emotional toture she is presently suffering cannot be compared to any other form of punishment. Why do u guys want to see her dead before you rejoice? All of you that are calling for Ibru's head, have you truelly searched yourselves to be sure that u are 100% clean? Like it is said, ''A MAN THAT HAS NOT GOTTEN AN OPPORTUNITY TO STEAL, CONSIDERS HIMSELF AN HONEST MAN''

I wish Madam Ibru a quick recovery from her present ordeals and a lesson to all of us as to how best to make use of God given positions. I rest my case.

u're either a mumusco or one of the beneficiaries of the stolen wealth! Imagine such crooked thinking! Walahi i tire for this country o! Its this kind of weird logic that has led us down this path of gradual implosion angry
So in your own words, she has suffered enough abi? I dont think so, A very good example must be made out of her as a deterrence, but anyway we are in NIGERIA and not China!
As Tacitus once said"The more corrupt the state, the more laws"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Thank Nigerians For The Support & Solidarity During The CCT Tribunal / Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors / Splitting Nigeria Now Would Have Devastating Consequences On The South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.