Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,309 members, 7,850,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:38 PM

Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution (21177 Views)

INEC Has Breached Nigerians’ Trust – CSO / Botched London Trip - PDP Taunts Buhari / Buhari Postpones London Trip For Undisclosed Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CanadaOrBust: 2:45pm On Nov 08, 2019
OldSkoolHeadBoy:
It would have been a good exercise if the President have signed the bill within the shores of Nigeria. I am amazed that most of the people ferociously attacking the President have completely ignored the importance of the bill he has just signed into law because of the blind hatred for him over the election loss.

Are the critics mindful of the fact that until now the previous set of laws applicable to deepwater oil & gas operations are from the ones applicable to land, swamp and shallow water terrains. As a veteran in the field for almost 30 years, I will like to reveal to you that the cost for million dollar pipeline license is a ridiculous N20 (yes, TWENTY NAIRA !). That amount is what is payable to DPR using a bank draft whose commission is over and above the principal amount. Let me also reveal to you that the development of deepwater assets started before year 2000 when oil was just about $10/BL and OBJ was the President. The arrangement with the IOCs for deepwater operations is based on what is called Production Sharing Agreement (PSA) and the principle is that the government contributes ZERO to develop the field and the IOC foots the entire bill. The cost of field development is then deducted over the production years until the cost of the project is realized. At the onset alter first oil, the IOCS take most of the oil and sell and gives just about 5% - 15% to Nigeria and that dynamics is supposed to change IF the selling price of oil goes above $20/BL but unfortunately, nobody was paying attention and the price of oil is now over $50/BL. This is what PMB has just rectify and all you guys are complaining about is the optics is where the bill was signed into law !

We are such a strange people......

And what would happen if he waits a few days to come back and sign the bill? Will senate un-pass the bill. Stop defending the indefensible. This is the same guy dubbed baba go slow - no budget, no ministers appointed for longest time in 9ja history. All of a sudden he can’t wait to come back to sign a bill

1 Like

Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by danono: 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2019
Monday Ubani, you helped, through 102.3FM to propergate this fake integrity to power, so bear it while he last. God bless
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CanadaOrBust: 2:52pm On Nov 08, 2019
adelaja70:

Una no dey tire ni? This same Buhari transfer power to his vp more than twice in their first term and none of you crying forced to do so. And Buhari is the only and first president that have done so since 1999....So enough of the noise Abeg.

So why did he suddenly stop after VP sacked Daura??

Besides u r lying. See below

Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CanadaOrBust: 2:59pm On Nov 08, 2019
Monogamy:

How long is his UK trip for?

This is from Punch:

“When the President travelled to London on a working leave on August 3, 2018 and returned on the 18th, spending a total of 16 days, he handed over to Osinbajo.
It was while Osinbajo was acting President during the same period that he sacked Lawal Daura, a member of the cabal.
Since that Daura’s sacking over a year ago, the President has not transferred power to Osinbajo again.“
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CanadaOrBust: 3:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
Femeto:
Lets impeach Buhari.He bought arms without National Assembly approval and now he doesn't respect his V.P.

The NA that can impeach him are totally in his pocket
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by Monogamy: 3:13pm On Nov 08, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

This is from Punch:

“When the President travelled to London on a working leave on August 3, 2018 and returned on the 18th, spending a total of 16 days, he handed over to Osinbajo.
It was while Osinbajo was acting President during the same period that he sacked Lawal Daura, a member of the cabal.
Since that Daura’s sacking over a year ago, the President has not transferred power to Osinbajo again.“

The nature of the trips matter.. He is not incapacitated this time
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by biggy26: 3:27pm On Nov 08, 2019
pickatyou:
Nigeria became a joke a long time when we choose an illiterate to rule over us.

Imagine Trump, Putin, Merkel, Macron, Borris, even Ramaphosa traveling out of their country then few days later the presidential house boy brings some documents over to him to sign in another country. I don't think that document should be valid.

Its like a judge giving judgement on a roadside and expects the court to uphold it
And Tinubu was hailing him for his actions. I'm now beginning to see that all these is to spite the VP.
Pmb has failed all his supporters, even Barr. Ubani.
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CanadaOrBust: 3:32pm On Nov 08, 2019
Akamariner:

You can always become whatever you wishes to become when you are ready to begin, provided you are commited to your goal. to become successful in life requires hardwork and persevearance while doing a job of interest. i.e what you love. and it is that your hobby that i'm going to be teaching you how to convert to money, to become successful in it, you will have to put in more effort depending on your goal. and this will determine the time frame at which you can be successful in whatever you're doing.
for more details on the course, contact me on oyedoyinp@gmail.com.
6.6e

Can u also be a personal coach (over the phone)? Your job will be to goad and harass me into action, preferably big action and also scout the internet for opportunities and things that’ll benefit me
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CanadaOrBust: 3:36pm On Nov 08, 2019
Monogamy:

Neither was he last time PLUS there was no bill pending to be brought all the way to U.K., yet he handed over
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CanadaOrBust: 3:41pm On Nov 08, 2019
Monogamy:

BTW I have searched the internet, I can’t find any other time this has been done, not even in history
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by Jaysnowkid: 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2019
This is the worst and most daft government in the history of Nigeria. This country has been reduced to a terrestrial play ground for fools and myopic illiterate by the useless and so called APC led government. #Spits!
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CanadaOrBust: 3:50pm On Nov 08, 2019
drlateef:
Busy body lawyer. Even a kindergarten pupil knows that there is no breach until after 21 days. Otherwise, such provision will not be there in the constitution. Signing a bill outside the shore is not also a breach. Why is he making noise? So as to get noticed?

I have searched the internet, I can’t find any other time it has been done, not even in history. If u can find an instance let us know.
The 21 days is for the NA not the prez. READ the article!
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CanadaOrBust: 3:53pm On Nov 08, 2019
biggy26:

And Tinubu was hailing him for his actions. I'm now beginning to see that all these is to spite the VP.
Pmb has failed all his supporters, even Barr. Ubani.

Obviously. And dovetail that with firing his aides
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by obailala(m): 4:07pm On Nov 08, 2019
sassysure:
Thank u Mr lawyer.
I had expected our so called constitutional lawyers to shed more light into this but it seems like we don't have such lawyers in Nigeria anymore or is it Buhari effect?

So the 21 days brouhaha was taken out of context?

Hmm.

I hate politicians but I'm beginning to pity the vice president. That man will soon develop high bp. He will be regretting seriously.
He made money working with tinubu, has a successful career, what again does he want if not greed?
Even as he went to aso rock, greed no gree am see road.

Those that put you there has more political powers than u.
U for quietly do what u signed for and go your way.
At least, we will still blame it to the redundant office of the vp as usual. U can never make Nigeria better.
Very impossible. As long as Nigeria is structured this way with the useless 1999 constitution backing it, no president will make naija work. U try, forces around u will spoil show for u. Ask Jonathan and late yaradua.
Did the VP ever complain to you or abybody, or did he tell you he needed anybody's pity? What exactly is there to be regretted? Did Atiku or GEJ or Sambo regret being Nigerian VP? So why should Osinbajo regret being VP?

Who in Nigeria doesnt know the VP's power are very limited? What's even all these noise about the president travelling for few weeks and not handing over the mantle to VP? Is this the first time this is happening in Nigeria since 1999 or could this noise just be due to a lack of other meaningful topics to discuss?
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by adioolayi(m): 4:34pm On Nov 08, 2019
ArcSEMPECJ:

Do you pray for this country to get better or you just like Buhari being the President whether he is performing or not......

In my Church whenever the Priest says....let's pray for our nation Nigeria.....

I will first pray for you bro....u are a full
You are seriously bittered....the worse of it, you will live with this till 2023.…...Madt man
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by naijanaso: 4:54pm On Nov 08, 2019
johnmartus:
Ubani please take him to court if you're not comfortable. Enough of this useless talk every time.
Are you not a Nigerian? You equally have the rights to sue him. Somebody is shedding light to what looked skewed and you are writing this...
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CanadaOrBust: 5:05pm On Nov 08, 2019
obailala:
Did the VP ever complain to you or abybody, or did he tell you he needed anybody's pity? What exactly is there to be regretted? Did Atiku or GEJ or Sambo regret being Nigerian VP? So why should Osinbajo regret being VP?

Who in Nigeria doesnt know the VP's power are very limited? What's even all these noise about the president travelling for few weeks and not handing over the mantle to VP? Is this the first time this is happening in Nigeria since 1999 or could this noise just be due to a lack of other meaningful topics to discuss?

I have searched the internet, I can’t find any other time it has been done, not even in history (I mean carrying a bill to a foreign country to give a prez to sign). If u can find an instance let us know.
If it is no big deal why was the constitution amended so that after 21 days the NA must mandate the VP to take over the govt?
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 08, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Can u also be a personal coach (over the phone)? Your job will be to goad and harass me into action, preferably big action and also scout the internet for opportunities and things that’ll benefit me
that is exactly what i'm going to be doing.
i dream big, and i work towards greatness in life, so naturally i will want my students to see things the way i see, and to reason the way i reason.
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CanadaOrBust: 5:09pm On Nov 08, 2019
Akamariner:

that is exactly what i'm going to be doing.
i dream big, and i work towards greatness in life, so naturally i will want my students to see things the way i see, and to reason the way i reason.

Sounds really great. If I don’t mind, whereabouts r u located and what price range
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by obailala(m): 5:36pm On Nov 08, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

I have searched the internet, I can’t find any other time it has been done, not even in history (I mean carrying a bill to a foreign country to give a prez to sign). If u can find an instance let us know.
If it is no big deal why was the constitution amended so that after 21 days the NA must mandate the VP to take over the govt?
Muhammadu Buhari is the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, not Osinbajo. It is the president's prerogative to decide if he wants to sign a document himself, or if he wants his deputy to sign it for him; it is also his prerogative to choose if he wants to sign it in his office, or in a hotel or in Abuja or Sokoto or London; enough of this noise making over nothingness. By signing a sheet of paper whilst in Nigeria House London, as opposed to Abuja, the president has broken no existing Nigerian laws (True or False). The 21 days Law was instituted to forestall a nasty situation like the Yaradua saga where there was a vacuum in leadership. If Buhari is sound enough to sign a document even on camera, how is that a vacuum of leadership?

Under our presidential system of government (even under the American system which we claim to copy), VPs have very limited powers; they are more like mere ceremonial assistants to the president. The VP Osinbajo is a seasoned lawyer who knows his job and who knows the limits of his powers and authority; so he's not complaining. Quit drinking panadol for him! The VP is also an extremely calm and collected man of wisdom who can read from several miles, the evil manipulations of his detractors (claiming to be friends) who are hell bent on forcing him to pick a fight with his boss.

Whether you like it or not, Osinbajo still takes the honour as one of the most influential VPs Nigeria has ever produced despite the typical lack of authority of VPs. That partly explains why his name is always on the news and on the lips of his haters and 'bad-wishers'). When GEJ or Sambo were VPs, did you ever hear of their names or even know of their existence?
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by digitaltrades: 5:50pm On Nov 08, 2019
johnmartus:
Understand the fact that we are operating presidential system of government. Not totalitarianism. Start use your head

It looks like you are the one refusing to use your head here.
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by digitaltrades: 5:52pm On Nov 08, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

The point is that the Chief Justice is his hand-picked Sharia-loving brother

Stop wasting your time replying that johnmartus person or whatever rubbish name he calls himself. Some of them comment as if they are dead and disconnected from reality.
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by Banmeallday: 5:53pm On Nov 08, 2019
Nigerians are there looking as “Buhari” is signing a bill in his masters country of England...

U people dont have any shame. Yet you think god will grant you attention....

Black people....chei
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 08, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Sounds really great. If I don’t mind, whereabouts r u located and what price range
I resides at federal college of education special(sped) jobele, oyo state.
You may contact me via oyedoyinp@gmail.com for proper discussion.
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:29pm On Nov 08, 2019
Blakjewelry:
like he knows what the constitution is
this man like Buhari pass u and what he stated is d fact... this is why we need a constitutional review to mandate the president to always transfer power if been away from 7 days plus...
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by Legendguru: 6:30pm On Nov 08, 2019
Oh
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by Akainzo(m): 6:31pm On Nov 08, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

21 days is how long NA has to wait before mandating VP to take over. PMB always handed over as he should.
He only started playing games when the “war” started

Meaning, if he goes away and comes back on the 20th day, then there is nothing the NA can do, right.

This then automatically implies he has 21 days, Simple statement, simple logic;. How and why is it difficult to understand.
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by Akainzo(m): 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

I have searched the internet, I can’t find any other time it has been done, even in history

Here is the President of US doing it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/11/20/white-house-aides-use-autopen-sign-highway-bill-while-obama-overseas/76098452/
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:35pm On Nov 08, 2019
fergie001:

He is from Ikwuano LGA, ask him if he still remembers where that is.
some of u are so daft so because he is stating facts Im no longer like Buhari... same ubani who went to abia and campaign hard with apc guber candidate now minister to win abia governor 2019... make ina de use ina sense abeg...
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by fergie001: 6:38pm On Nov 08, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
some of u are so daft so because he is stating facts Im no longer like Buhari... same ubani who went to abia and campaign hard with apc guber candidate now minister to win abia governor 2019... make ina de use ina sense abeg...
I will let that fly....
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by pawesome(m): 6:42pm On Nov 08, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

True. If u have senate, house, AND Supreme Court, you can do do whatever u want
as simple as it gets
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by rexwalters: 8:00pm On Nov 08, 2019
johnmartus:
Ubani please take him to court if you're not comfortable. Enough of this useless talk every time.
Don't mind the talkative, next thing he will be in one APC position in Government, getting his piece of the pie, and his 15 minutes of fame like Fani Kayode & Reno Omokri.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku, Wike Meet, Agree To Resolve Differences / CCT: Paul Erokoro Blasts FG ‘For Wasting Tribunal’s Time’ / Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.