Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,495 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) (52958 Views)

Driver Weeps As His Passenger Is Trapped In The Ikoyi Collapsed Building / Best Areas To Rent Houses, Flats, To Live In Ikorodu, Lagos. Information Needed. / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by cococandy(f): 7:11am On Nov 08, 2019
You people are unbelievable
rowland545:
I see no wrong doing here.....some of this land owners are dubious as fvck....after fixing the house for you. You now want to evict..

The case will drag on while d hotel Lady will keep on making money.....I think I should do this to my land Lady

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by AmazingELixir: 7:11am On Nov 08, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

Which kind flat for Alausa dey cost N1.3mil per annum infact the tenant did well.

4 Likes

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by KINGJAJA888(m): 7:12am On Nov 08, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Melonny(m): 7:13am On Nov 08, 2019
Tenant don land for trouble. I read it somewhere that, any modification(s) should be subject to an agreement between the landlord and the tenant. In this case, there was no prior agreements or understanding.
Landlady should evict the tenant and she should continue to use the place as a hotel..

5 Likes

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Harrymig1(m): 7:13am On Nov 08, 2019
This is Lagos
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by LOWLIFER: 7:15am On Nov 08, 2019
h
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Beverlyjean(f): 7:15am On Nov 08, 2019
rowland545:
I see no wrong doing here.....some of this land owners are dubious as fvck....after fixing the house for you. You now want to evict..

The case will drag on while d hotel Lady will keep on making money.....I think I should do this to my land Lady

What are u saying... Does he have an approval to run a hotel ?! Do u know some tenants might feel uncomfortable with what the guy is doing... As a family man , would u like to raise ur kids in that type of environment ... Do u know she can even have her building shut down and seized by government if something goes wrong...

Y should a right thinking person do that sort of thing... If he wants a hotel , he should go build one

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Neddstark: 7:17am On Nov 08, 2019
Let her take the case to Lagos state government. Let her also state that the property is used for prostitution. He would be ejected and made to pay big time.

7 Likes

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by nauto5: 7:18am On Nov 08, 2019
The story get K-leg
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by ridbell01(m): 7:19am On Nov 08, 2019
1.3m for a flat.. Is it 10 bedroom flat?

1 Like

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 08, 2019
The weird thing is despite the obvious defect in the Law, the contri does nothing to address it grin
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by PrinceGallant: 7:26am On Nov 08, 2019
Roadtoyesterday:

There is a big difrences btw wickedness and wrong doing. This is wrong doing, not wickedness as you claimed. In Estate management, they call it change of use

Mcheeew,
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by rowland545(m): 7:26am On Nov 08, 2019
cococandy:
You people are unbelievable
unbelievable in what sense? OK I get it

We love saying the truth even though we were not expected too....we are themed unbelievable
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 08, 2019
Skyfornia:
If he is paying his rents...why is the woman bothered? Abi she is enemy of progress?? Some landlords/landladies are wicked, a tenant will move into your dilapidated apartment and renovate it to his taste, when they see that the apartment is looking better, they will either look for a way to eject the tenant or increase his rent.
rowland545:

Well, most tenancy agreements have a proviso inside that prohibits tje tenant from either subletting or using the rented premises for business purposes, including hotel business.

Which is what the landlady is accusing the tenant of doing, and if he is doing that...ie running a hotel against what the tenancy agreement he presumably signed stipulated...madam landlady has a case.

(I am a regular renter, and also am the grandson of a landlord...so I knows some things.)

7 Likes

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by wirinet(m): 7:26am On Nov 08, 2019
RichDad1:
The guys actually took advantage of the woman greediness and naivety.
Kafi street being the next street to the road popular Ikeja city mall, has just about 3 hotels lots of nightlife.
With the amount of people that patronize the mall and the clubs around , any smart person knows that hotel business is gold mine around there.
He just played a fast one on the old woman in connivance with the agent.

Agreement or not, I don’t think the tenant has any right in modifying the property and converting same without the owners consent.

I trust Lagos State Government, the tenant will be ejected because he might not have the necessary approval to run a hotel business in such environment. Unless he’s someone that knows someone somewhere.

It's very painful Nigerians are so ignorant of the law, that's apart from being very greedy. That's why they can be scammed and taken advantage of. A tenants after taking one flat wants to take another after 6 months, and you just collected cash without asking why he needs another flat. Is he planing to take another wife and house her there?

Then the lady meant to tell us that she did not know of all the renovation works being carried out on her property all these while. She was only interested in money being wired to her account.

It's a very simple case, the woman should just report officially to Lagos State Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development for illegal conversation of property without approval and the property will be sealed immediately.

If she wants to take procession of her property, then she has to go through the court process.

1 Like

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by czarr(m): 7:27am On Nov 08, 2019
is it not just to build big poultry in the compound. and maybe add pig farming.

1 Like

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Skyfornia(m): 7:28am On Nov 08, 2019
Kanade21:

Well, most tenancy agreements have a proviso inside that prohibits tje tenant from either subletting or using the rented premises for business purposes, including hotel business.

Which is what the landlady is accusing the tenant of doing, and if he is doing that...ie running a hotel against what the tenancy agreement he presumably signed stipulated...madam landlady has a case.

(I am a regular renter, and also am the grandson of a landlord...so I knows some things.)

Since the matter is in court...why is the woman shouting?? Or is she afraid she won't win the case or perhaps she is guilty??

2 Likes

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by crackhouse(m): 7:29am On Nov 08, 2019
No be money the woman need. 1.3m for a flat and you expect him not to device a means of getting the money? Look at the flat they are collecting 1.3m sef, very old and dirty.

2 Likes

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by vivalavida(m): 7:29am On Nov 08, 2019
Why should a 75 year old woman be stressed about with this?
Doesn't she have male children?

I just pray no one puts my mama through this kind of stress. Violence is the way for me o. I no dey for dialogue

4 Likes

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 08, 2019
Skyfornia:

Since the matter is in court...why is the woman shouting?? Or is she afraid she won't win the case or perhaps she is guilty??

Many Nigerians love trying their cases in the court of public opinion....plus it is a news story in the public interest (Landord and tenant issues are big problems in Nigeria.)

1 Like

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by rowland545(m): 7:33am On Nov 08, 2019
Kanade21:

this is the unbelievable that lady was talking about......so because u r a grandson of a land lord now gives u the supreme knowledge of land matters....smh...

I still maintain d old lady has no case against the tenant. I can choose to do whatever I want in my rented house as long as we did not sign shit....so Mr landlord grandson... I hope u learn from this
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by damijoe77: 7:36am On Nov 08, 2019
Abeg use ur head,Wich sane pastor will rent an unholy ground to worship God.u think it's African magic ba

1 Like

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Mcreloaded(m): 7:38am On Nov 08, 2019
Kneephy:
this woman should try evicting him the conventional way, carry like 5-6 babalawos to come threaten him ....

or maybe she converts two of her flats to church..... by this customers go stop t0 dey patronize the h0tel if the disturbance too much
Are you saying churches are disturbance please can you explain the bolded so i know what type of disturbance you mean
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 08, 2019
rowland545:
this is the unbelievable that lady was talking about......so because u r a grandson of a land lord now gives u the supreme knowledge of land matters....smh...

I still maintain d old lady has no case against the tenant. I can choose to do whatever I want in my rented house as long as we did not sign shit....so Mr landlord grandson... I hope u learn from this

Emphasis on the 'I did not sign'...because if no tenancy agreement was signed...she has no case,.

If a tenancy agreement was signed, forbidding the use of the property for business or subletting....then madam landlady has a case.

If an agreement was signed allowing for the use of the property as a hotel, then the tenant has a case.

But note, the fact that the landlady is crying about it...means most likely a tenancy agreement forbidding the use of the proeprty for anything other than a residence was signed. If it was the other way round...then the case would be different.

1 Like

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by NoToPile: 7:41am On Nov 08, 2019
When I say some tenants are from hell some dont believe, just look at people justifying what that man did to the womans property.

Its because she travelled out if not she would have discovered early enough.

I guess people are also seeing reason why lots of landlords would not prefer court cases, see a tenant boasting that as long as the case is in court he will still be using the property and unfortunately he's right.

Theres a level of craziness needed to be a landlord in Lagos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by DavidEsq(m): 7:43am On Nov 08, 2019
When u refuse to give ur house to a lawyer or a registered real state manager, your "wisdom" go turn foolishness. Whenever I see such persons, I just laf. Awon "lawyer go chop my money" angry
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by NoToPile: 7:44am On Nov 08, 2019
AmazingELixir:
shocked shocked shocked

Which kind flat for Alausa dey cost N1.3mil per annum infact the tenant did well.

Whats the price range for flats in Alausa? Since 1.3 is too much.
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by kay29000(m): 7:49am On Nov 08, 2019
This reminds me of when one tenant like that turned one flat in my mom's house to a school without our permission. The battle wasn't a small something o. And the man was a pastor o. After two years, we finally got him to leave.

1 Like

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by adedehinbo(m): 7:53am On Nov 08, 2019
rowland545:

lemme just say u re joking,if not,with attitudes like this u might go out one day and never returns nd no one will have the idea of your last destination

1 Like

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:55am On Nov 08, 2019
I don’t see how someone would have rented two apartments at almost the same time and the landlady couldn’t have been in the know of what was going to happen.

Oddly, the tenant’s side of the story is more coherent.
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Dotng: 7:55am On Nov 08, 2019
Kanade21:

Emphasis on the 'I did not sign'...because if no tenancy agreement was signed...she has no case,.

If a tenancy agreement was signed, forbidding the use of the property for business or subletting....then madam landlady has a case.

If an agreement was signed allowing for the use of the property as a hotel, then the tenant has a case.

But note, the fact that the landlady is crying about it...means most likely a tenancy agreement forbidding the use of the proeprty for anything other than a residence was signed. If it was the other way round...then the case would be different.
Guys, read and comprehend what transpired before making comments that have no basis. When a landlady has an agent handling her property, it is the agent that signs agreement on the landlady's behalf except the landlady wants to do that aspect by herself. In this case, the agent connived with the tenant to shortchange the landlady.
It is because of the corrupt and evil tendencies of Nigerians that has made an otherwise normal business relationship to be complicated. Afterwards, you will be crying out that there are no opportunities in Nigeria. That is the same way a fellow trusted someone to manage his business and the manager took most of his clients away. People think that they are smart because they have fulfilled legal requirements. They don't know that the evil they are doing will cause a lot of damage if not to themselves, but to many others who did not partake in it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Jephz(m): 7:56am On Nov 08, 2019
Skyfornia:
If he is paying his rents...why is the woman bothered? Abi she is enemy of progress?? Some landlords/landladies are wicked, a tenant will move into your dilapidated apartment and renovate it to his taste, when they see that the apartment is looking better, they will either look for a way to eject the tenant or increase his rent.
wow... Seriously She shouldn't bother if he's paying rent ... Na wah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State / Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos / Lockdown: Lekki Residents Sue Kayode Otitoju Over Influx Of "Miscreants"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.