Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,181 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) (52956 Views)

Driver Weeps As His Passenger Is Trapped In The Ikoyi Collapsed Building / Best Areas To Rent Houses, Flats, To Live In Ikorodu, Lagos. Information Needed. / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by safarigirl(f): 7:58am On Nov 08, 2019
rowland545:
I see no wrong doing here.....some of this land owners are dubious as fvck....after fixing the house for you. You now want to evict..

The case will drag on while d hotel Lady will keep on making money.....I think I should do this to my land Lady
that is why people like you will never own a property of their own and even if you do, you will see sheggae in the hands of your tenants.

First to do no dey pain

9 Likes

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Dotng: 7:59am On Nov 08, 2019
PrimadonnaO:
I don’t see how someone would have rented two apartments at almost the same time and the landlady couldn’t have been in the know of what was going to happen.

Oddly, the tenant’s side of the story makes more sense.

It would make sense to you until you become a property owner. Then the fact that you were agreeable to this kind of behaviour will make you paranoid towards people who want to make use of your property.

5 Likes

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Jephz(m): 8:00am On Nov 08, 2019
PrimadonnaO:
I don’t see how someone would have rented two apartments at almost the same time and the landlady couldn’t have been in the know of what was going to happen.

Oddly, the tenant’s side of the story makes more sense.
there's no way the side of the tenant will make more sense... I suffer use my sweat build house... I give u for rent.. . you tear down part of my house.... Renovate am to hotel? I go juss kill you

2 Likes

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by obentenyson(m): 8:04am On Nov 08, 2019
make the old woman organise boys wey go deal with the bastard..

1 Like

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:07am On Nov 08, 2019
Jephz:
there's no way the side of the tenant will make more sense... I suffer use my sweat build house... I give u for rent.. . you tear down part of my house.... Renovate am to hotel? I go juss kill you

Yeah. I think that’s where the problem is emanating from. They didn’t define the contract properly. The landlady should have stated clearly that no part of her property should be restructured. Vague terms of contract cause a lot of issues in the long run.

But I still believe that they surely had some prior discussion about what the property was going to be used for.
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by wizod(m): 8:08am On Nov 08, 2019
This is what you see when there's no unity in d family. Should dis happen to my mother who is united wit us, d man will quit d house in 2weeks time. Trust me, a full time Aba boy, we no dey carry last but let nobody reveal to what i will do to ASHLEY

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:10am On Nov 08, 2019
Dotng:

It would make sense to you until you become a property owner. Then the fact that you were agreeable to this kind of behaviour will make you paranoid towards people who want to make use of your property.

I’m not saying the situation is okay.

I’m simply saying that it’s difficult to believe that one person rented two apartments and went right ahead to start demolishing and reconstructing without any form of consent whatsoever with the property owner.

That’s just too much guts and madness.
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Jephz(m): 8:14am On Nov 08, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

Yeah. I think that’s where the problem is emanating from. They didn’t define the contract properly. The landlady should have stated clearly that no part of her property should be restructured. Vague terms of contract cause a lot of issues in the long run.

But I still believe that they surely had some prior discussion about what the property was going to be used for.
sigh. Here in edo state...... The tenant should not even think of it.... Dem nor need to write am for agreement say nor renovate my house to hotel... Onlybthe tenant go use him brain knw that
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by subcbouy: 8:18am On Nov 08, 2019
Roadtoyesterday:

There is a big difrences btw wickedness and wrong doing. This is wrong doing, not wickedness as you claimed. In Estate management, they call it change of use
change of use by the lord? wrong doing is not wickedness? Nawao
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by eco2002: 8:19am On Nov 08, 2019
Oliver said in his album do not plant flower in a rented apartment because when you plant finish the owner of house will chase you out. Is better reserve your beautiful flower for your own house.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by AmuDimpka: 8:22am On Nov 08, 2019
He is a developer...lol a sophisticated one

That is why it isn't good to generalise....crime knows no tribe or race
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by rowland545(m): 8:24am On Nov 08, 2019
safarigirl:
that is why people like you will never own a property of their own and even if you do, you will see sheggae in the hands of your tenants.

First to do no dey pain
this is why tenants will do worst than this to people like u...because u don't have sense to draft agreement before collecting money ...all you care about is money no sense of reasoning
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by deity: 8:26am On Nov 08, 2019
ridbell01:
1.3m for a flat.. Is it 10 bedroom flat?
3 bedroom flat at Alausa goes at that range, even 1.5m

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by dominique(f): 8:27am On Nov 08, 2019
This is all shades of wrong, you don't convert another person's property without their consent no matter what the agreement says. The landlady should not only evict him but make him pay for damages

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by ctleurocollege: 8:29am On Nov 08, 2019
GogobiriLalas:
The weird thing is despite the obvious defect in the Law, the contri does nothing to address it grin

Ignorance is a killer
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by rowland545(m): 8:29am On Nov 08, 2019
adedehinbo:
lemme just say u re joking,if not,with attitudes like this u might go out one day and never returns nd no one will have the idea of your last destination
lemme also pretend I did not also here you threaten me with kidnapping on a faceless forum ....

And lemme also advice you and other slowpoke never threaten a person u don't know ....it might get u in trouble....u need wisdom in your life
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by XaintJoel20: 8:33am On Nov 08, 2019
BBBmall25:
This Isn't News Nah, Na Normal Tin For Lasgidi

You you for real?
Turning someone's residential apartment into hotel.
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by RichDad1(m): 8:38am On Nov 08, 2019
frugal:

It's not a hotel. It's a short let apartment or AirBNB - a major cash cow these days.
According to the news , it says it’s a hotel.
Even if its a short let apartment, it still falls under the hospitality sub sector. So it requires approval.
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Ryabcool(m): 8:40am On Nov 08, 2019
Skyfornia:
If he is paying his rents...why is the woman bothered? Abi she is enemy of progress?? Some landlords/landladies are wicked, a tenant will move into your dilapidated apartment and renovate it to his taste, when they see that the apartment is looking better, they will either look for a way to eject the tenant or increase his rent.
who sent them message to renovate on another person's property? Nonsense
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Londonboy123: 8:44am On Nov 08, 2019
GisterBlogger:

https://punchng.com/landlady-weeps-as-tenant-converts-flats-to-hotel/amp/

1.3m rent annually for a flat?.
landlady,you are a mean.
what do you expect����
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Sagay212: 8:47am On Nov 08, 2019
After dem go say lagos landlords no dey gree rent house to some particular people. Why would they? When ya'll always have dubious intentions.

1 Like

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by sonety2k(m): 8:49am On Nov 08, 2019
If they should leave , How many People will be Jobless ....... more than 20 People , Let’s think of there family too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by OBAGADAFFI: 8:55am On Nov 08, 2019
Londonboy123:

1.3m rent annually for a flat?.
landlady,you are a mean.
what do you expect����

In Ikeja that is not expensive.

I am sure that man dont have the License to run an Hotel in the first place.

The woman should just go the ALAUSA, the man will be evicted immediate and arrested .

2 Likes

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by duerap: 8:57am On Nov 08, 2019
wont happen to me. I will apply jungle justice on the tenant. You will be packed out by force while we do the court thing.

She should secretly organise men of the underworld to go pull the roof out so the bastard will move while they wrestle in court. You cant stay in my house to fight me, never!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by codemaniacs: 9:00am On Nov 08, 2019
zz

1 Like

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by maasoap(m): 9:04am On Nov 08, 2019
RichDad1:
The guys actually took advantage of the woman greediness and naivety.

I'm still trying to understand the greedy part!

2 Likes

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by maasoap(m): 9:07am On Nov 08, 2019
Skyfornia:

Omo forget what you heard, a lot happened inside the unheard stories. The matter is in court, why the woman still come dey shout?? Allow the law to take measures.

Make she keep quiet and die in silence after she might have realised that the evil tenant and the trial judge had played ludo on top her head.
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by maasoap(m): 9:09am On Nov 08, 2019
A Tenant From Hell
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by BrutalJab: 9:09am On Nov 08, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

Are you a Nigerian? Do you live in this country?

A landlord should have a written agreement with you on how not to convert his or her property into whatever you deem fit

Meanwhile, you rented the apartment o.
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by maasoap(m): 9:14am On Nov 08, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

Oddly, the tenant’s side of the story is more coherent.

Oh, you missed the part below or didn't read through.

“I later travelled abroad and while away, I got a call that one of my tenants was moving out to his newly-built house.

My agent again called to inform me that Ashley was interested in the vacant apartment for his brother, who was abroad;

I was reluctant initially, because I didn’t want to give two flats to the same tenant, but he promised to abide by the agreement he had earlier signed when he rented the first flat.

“I didn’t know that he was collaborating with the agent,

1 Like

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by maasoap(m): 9:20am On Nov 08, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

Mehn, as a tenant, do you need to be told? It's an offense to modify someone's building because the agreement didn't say that you can't.

Wrong belief. Even the tenant didn't anything about that. But the agent told the old lady this:
My agent again called to inform me that Ashley was interested in the vacant apartment for his brother, who was abroad;

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State / Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos / Lockdown: Lekki Residents Sue Kayode Otitoju Over Influx Of "Miscreants"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.