Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,973 members, 7,838,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Social Media Etiquettes - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Social Media Etiquettes (245 Views)

21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys / Dating Etiquettes For 21st Century Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Social Media Etiquettes by Officer101(m): 9:03am On Nov 11, 2019
SOCIAL MEDIA ETIQUETTE

Dear friends, I enjoy writing about relationships but sometimes it is pertinent to write about some issues that are important for effectual relationships on social media.

I've personally experienced a few not so good manners on Facebook so I thought it was a good idea to point them out so that those fond of these habits can stop it.
So, here they are:

1. STOP TAGGING PEOPLE UNNECESSARILY!

I mean, when your post has nothing to do with people tagged, what's the point? If you are in a business and you want people to be aware of it, send them a message privately. Don’t just tag people randomly.

Some people don't mind all sorts of junks on their Facebook walls but others cherish their walls a lot including me. So I'm sorry, I won't accept any tag that has nothing to do with me or my vision. If you want to share a post and you want someone to be aware of it, then you can mention them in the comment section to let them know.

2. SEND MEANINGFUL MESSAGES!

Someone doesn't really know you but because the person has been kind enough to accept your friend request does not mean you start sending messages like "hi", "hello", “are you there"? "Please help me" etc as if the other person is just sitting in front of the computer or holding the phone and waiting to chat with you.

Some people would even go ahead to call the person directly via Facebook messenger, instagram or whatsapp just because you can see that the person is online. That you see the person is online does not mean that he or she is idle online. For instance, when I’m online, I am online for a purpose and I might not want to be distracted.

If you would like to have a conversation with a person, courtesy demands that you properly introduce yourself and what you want. For instance, when you are messaging someone for the first time, say something like “Hello ABC, My name is XYZ. Thank you for accepting my friend request. I’ve been following your posts for a while. I need help with QRS”. This way, you have introduced yourself and have started a sensible conversation. When people feel valued, they respond to you, and if they don’t, that’s their prerogative. Don’t condemn them.

3. READ POSTS PROPERLY BEFORE COMMENTING!

Some people are so quick to comment without digesting the post. Others just see the trail of comments of people and follow suit. I once saw a post where a man shared a picture and wrote sweet things about his mum who just passed away and instead of some people reading the post properly and making reasonable comments like "rest in peace", they were wishing his late mum a happy birthday and many people joined the bandwagon�.

Another example is a recent post of mine where I celebrated the anniversary of my relationship and wrote extensively how I met my husband and even included my wedding date in the post! I had so many people wishing me a happy wedding anniversary instead!!! Oh friends, but why?��

I can go on and on but I will stop here�.

When next you have an activity on social media, please think on these things. Thank you�

Am I the only one who feels this way? Please what other etiquettes must people have on social media? Add yours!!!

Feel free to share

© Dr Blessing Ekundayo

#Etiquette101
#SocialMediaEtiquette
#DudushewaInspires
#WellsOfWisdom

(1) (Reply)

I Hated Marriage But I Have A Life Hack Now / Fix It!!!!!!!!! / Relationship And Marriage Love Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.