Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,047 members, 7,835,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate (21918 Views)

Bullion Vans: Ozekhome Says Nigerians Can Demand For Tinubu's Investigation / Ozekhome Says President Buhari Can Be Investigated While In Office / Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by A305: 9:57am On Nov 13, 2019
Tinubu's wing hasn't reach there. CHEAP SIENNA down my sig
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by Centcanada: 9:58am On Nov 13, 2019
Am not a prophet but I said it earlier before now that APC as a party will be in problem national wide until God remove them from power politically.
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by frowland(m): 9:59am On Nov 13, 2019
YorubaHero12:

This one has been brainwashed to always attribute any of his region problem to Tinubu.

Is Tinubu the one owing workers salary in Bayelsa?
Is Tinubu the one that is also controlling Jonathan to oppose Dickson?
Is Tinubu the one that is affected negatively based on Dickson't rubbish governance that had made an oil producing tiny state to be among the extreme poverty states in Nigeria?

PDP have used that same line to confuse the voters by suddenly attributing every APC candidate to bourdillon. Even almighty Kwankwanso in Kano like the swines thought us to believe blamed the loss of his candidate in Kano on Tinubu.

Nawa o

You actually put that dude in his place. *Apt response.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by renewable1(m): 10:14am On Nov 13, 2019
I hear

Affordable solar combo to power your TV, decoder, sound system and fan for 8hours daily... Check my signature now
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by segzy3(m): 10:16am On Nov 13, 2019
Rouge lawyer
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by Ebios(m): 10:20am On Nov 13, 2019
YorubaHero12:

This one has been brainwashed to always attribute any of his region problem to Tinubu.

Is Tinubu the one that is affected negatively based on Dickson't rubbish governance that had made an oil producing tiny state to be among the extreme poverty states in Nigeria?

PDP have used that same line to confuse the voters by suddenly attributing every APC candidate to bourdillon. Even almighty Kwankwanso in Kano like the swines thought us to believe blamed the loss of his candidate in Kano on Tinubu.

Nawa o
Did he mention d name of Tinubu Mr. bad belle.

So Bourdillon road/van is now a synonym for Tinubu?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by AkhereOkaka(m): 10:25am On Nov 13, 2019
sassysure:
Didn't the party screen him?

Oshiomoleeee
My take as well, are aspirants not suppose to be screen before a political party will make them its candidate?
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by garfield1: 10:28am On Nov 13, 2019
Centcanada:
Am not a prophet but I said it earlier before now that APC as a party will be in problem national wide until God remove them from power politically.
what of pdp
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by ogunsbanjul(m): 10:59am On Nov 13, 2019
Wahooooo. Are you sure Tinubu is a bastard ?
My observation is, the more view people keep insulting Tinubu the more he keeps going higher both internationally and locally.
FakeManna:
[s][/s]
trash trash trash
Tinubu is a bastard drug dealing vagabond

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by Nsarug80: 11:11am On Nov 13, 2019
Cajal:
..jagaban is now a threat
God make me a threat to my enemy
Yes he is a threat & will forever remain a threat to those of you in the West while the SS region sees him as nothing but a puppet in chains.
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by Nwaonyishi69: 11:12am On Nov 13, 2019
Johans1991:
This ezekome again? After he deceived a Atiku he is now looking for Dickson own for flush his throat. The idiot has never won a case since 2015,I wonder why d dumb PDP members are using this Ben down select lawyer.
. You are over emotional. To ask of Ezhekhome in this delirious way is to give yourself out as a fervent praise singer of failure and enemy of success.
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by Kennedyli: 11:13am On Nov 13, 2019
seunmsg:

Go and read the judgment of the high court in the case of Natasha Akpoti/SDP vs INEC.
I think you should go and read it.
Didn't the judge ruled that it's only a court that can disqualify a candidate?
Wasnt it a court that disqualified this one?

You can't eat your cake and have it. Even after a stay of execution, if the appeal court upholds the judgment, APC will still be booted out.
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by Georgry(m): 11:15am On Nov 13, 2019
TheTrueSeeker2:

Any vote cast for APC in Bayelsa Guber would amount to wasted vote simple....!!!

If the Dep Gov aspirant of APC can only prove his innocence and confirm his certificates are indeed genuine, then he can stand a chance otherwise he should be handed over to the Police for prosecution asap...!!!

Appeal Court and stay of execution will fail.

Assuming without conceding that appeal stands, this becomes a pre-election matter and as long as he fails to prove that the lower court erred in deciding his qualification matter, him and his party's aspiration to occupy the Creek House in Yenagoa will be, in the words of our learned SAN 'as dead as dodo'

Exactly my opinion.. Even if a stay of exucution is ordered and APC go on to win the election, this issue is a pre election matter and if the deputy gov fails to prove that he's eligible to the apex court (I know they will get here) , he will be disqualified and any vote for APC becomes a wasted vote which automatically means the party who took second position will be assumed to have won the election
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by Nwaonyishi69: 11:19am On Nov 13, 2019
YorubaHero12:

Nawa o
. But, as it is now, considering the spate of lootocracy in APC and especially amongst tiefnubus houseboys, the problem of Nigeria is hinged on his free looting and any crime of APC being backed by paid and accursed supporters of failure.
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by NGELEBUBE: 11:20am On Nov 13, 2019
seunmsg:
Ozekhome is a clown. The judgement doesn’t affect APC’s candidate. The party will immediately appeal the judgement and ask for a stay of execution. The appeal won’t be heard until after the election. Even if the appeal court uphold the judgement, the party will simply change the running mate.
how i wish common sense is common,u would have been able to decipher that substitution window have closed already so no room for changing the running mate, brother wey mumu!
And since the constitution said that a governorship candidate cannot stand for an election without a running mate now tell us why the judgement wont affect your candidate...brother wey no wise!
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by NaijaDonCast(m): 11:21am On Nov 13, 2019
APC playing loose game in Bayelsa, from a proper point of view this will be a clean sweep for the other guys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by Mrquote: 11:33am On Nov 13, 2019
Bigflamie:
I want APC on the ballot so they'd get the obvious defeat they yearn for.

They think Bayelsa is Bourdillon Road. grin grin
Are u even in bayesal, this guy they call lion .... He might win oooo

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by Minjim: 11:33am On Nov 13, 2019
beamtopola:

Just read. He stated it in line with the constitution. 187(1)

The section that favours his demented brain.

Ask another lawyer, he'll say contrary. That's law

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by Mires: 11:34am On Nov 13, 2019
seunmsg:
Ozekhome is a clown. The judgement doesn’t affect APC’s candidate. The party will immediately appeal the judgement and ask for a stay of execution. The appeal won’t be heard until after the election. Even if the appeal court uphold the judgement, the party will simply change the running mate.

The time for substitution of candidates is over. The only way APC can get its way is appeal for stay of execution. However, if it was when the professor of practical politics, Nyesom Wike was still very much active and happy with PDP, I would have said APC should forget it.
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by Femeto: 11:34am On Nov 13, 2019
Good news but Buhari would disregard your stupid constitution.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 13, 2019
YorubaHero12:

Nawa o

Wen did kwakwanso say that PDP lost in Kano because of Tiffnubu?
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by sukieboy(f): 11:55am On Nov 13, 2019
Smart guy. Dead as dodo.:,-)(θ‿θ)
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by 27Pushing30: 12:33pm On Nov 13, 2019
beamtopola:

Just read. He stated it in line with the constitution. 187(1)
lol in line with the constitution? did Lyon tell you he doesnt have a deputy?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by wayi12(m): 12:34pm On Nov 13, 2019
Amazing work i like your work keep it up thanks for sharing it.... CrackPediaa
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by garfield1: 12:35pm On Nov 13, 2019
Mrquote:

Are u even in bayesal, this guy they call lion .... He might win oooo
Leave him.even dickson is afraid of him.that is name alone "lyon' excites bayelsans
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by garfield1: 12:35pm On Nov 13, 2019
sukieboy:
Smart guy. Dead as dodo.:,-)(θ‿θ)
Dodo has more life than bayelsa pdp
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by EkperemoEgbabi: 12:37pm On Nov 13, 2019
olagbola45:

If tinubu is a bastard den you and your father is also a bastard brainless set of people

Tinubu is a bastard brown teeth cone headed afo*nja
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by garfield1: 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2019
NaijaDonCast:
APC playing loose game in Bayelsa, from a proper point of view this will be a clean sweep for the other guys
There would be no election without apc
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by kelvinginzie: 12:46pm On Nov 13, 2019
garfield1:

There would be no election without apc

Defender of Apc.
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by wayi12(m): 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2019
I love your work welldone thanks for sharing such a informative work... Quotes4day
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Ozekhome Says APC Has No Candidate by Clevite(m): 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2019
seunmsg:

Go and read the judgement of the high court in the case of Natasha Akpoti/SDP vs INEC.
Although I've not read the full judgment of SDP vs INEC as regards Kogi, but if the judgement of the court is to the effect that Natasha Akpoti cannot be disqualified on the basis of the disqualification of her Deputy candidate, I'll say the case is not applicable to Bayelsa's APC case.

Natasha Akpoti/SDP had substituted the disqualified Deputy candidate with another candidate within the window for substitution provided for by law and INEC guidelines. But INEC rejected the substitution and went ahead to disqualify Akpoti, the principal candidate.

Apart from the fact that INEC erred for rejecting the substitution when there was a window of opportunity for parties to do so, according to their own law, the Court eventually held that INEC lacks the power to disqualify any candidate in the first place. Only a competent court of law has the power.

Based on the above, Bayelsa's APC Deputy Governorship candidate's situation doesn't fit in the same fulcrum. The window of substitution of candidate is close as far as Bayelsa elections are concerned. The party cannot replace him anymore. Moreso, his disqualification is done by the court, not by INEC.

So, the Court judgment in Natasha Akpoti's case is not applicable to Bayelsa's APC Deputy Governor candidate's own case. As a matter of fact, the case rather nails deeper his death casket. Unless the Deputy candidate's court disqualification is stayed from execution or reversed by a higher court, it stays and will definitely nullify the qualification of the principal candidate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta / Buhari Appoints Babafemi Ojudu As Special Adviser Political Matters / Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.