Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run (1097 Views)

Fayose Rains Abuses On D Attorney General&comm 4 Justice,vows To Sack Him / Okorocha Turning Imo To A Haven For Tourist & A Modern Model City (Pics) / Okorocha Thanks Imo Citizens For Boycotting Pdp Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Cmanforall: 8:01pm On Nov 17, 2010
It took the people of Okigwe in Imo state by surprise when military invaded. Citizens of that zone have been on the run with just mere sight of the soldiers.

The soldiers on patrol one of the days, caught a reckless okada rider(cyclist) and after flogging him, he then directed them to a particular hotel.
It was a different story altogether for workers(+manager ) n guests in the hotel in question, as they recieved serious floggings(both with koboko n wire) of their lives. Some at the time of this report are still on admission in hospitals.

Further, this soldiers raided joints(+old Garki) where weed are sold and smoked. The climax of this was d sporadic shootings when the entered the bush areas where guys smoke weed. The shoot on anyone that runs. So its better u get flogged than killed.

Presently in the area, there's nothing like sagging(4 both boys n girls). Guys shave well to look innocent. A hotel manager was given 2days to barb his outrageous Mo hoc, but he took 2hrs.
Citizens now run on mere sight of the soldiers when on patrol.

The question is: Is this military regime in disguise?
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by chyz(m): 8:09pm On Nov 17, 2010
SOURCE?
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by CrazyMan(m): 8:18pm On Nov 17, 2010
chyz:

SOURCE?
I agree, a source would highly be appreciated.
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Shock(m): 8:21pm On Nov 17, 2010
why do people keep screaming for source? can't the poster be his/her own source?
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 17, 2010
Cmanforall:

It took the people of Okigwe in Imo state by surprise when military invaded. Citizens of that zone have been on the run with just mere sight of the soldiers.

The soldiers on patrol one of the days, caught a reckless okada rider(cyclist) and after flogging him, he then directed them to a particular hotel.
It was a different story altogether for workers(+manager ) n guests in the hotel in question, as they recieved serious floggings(both with koboko n wire) of their lives. Some at the time of this report are still on admission in hospitals.

Further, this soldiers raided joints(+old Garki) where weed are sold and smoked. The climax of this was d sporadic shootings when the entered the bush areas where guys smoke weed. The shoot on anyone that runs. So its better u get flogged than killed.

Presently in the area, there's nothing like sagging(4 both boys n girls). Guys shave well to look innocent. A hotel manager was given 2days to barb his outrageous Mo hoc, but he took 2hrs.
Citizens now run on mere sight of the soldiers when on patrol.

The question is: Is this military regime in disguise?
Are they mad ? Why are they running at the mere sighting of soldiers ?
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Blazay(m): 9:14pm On Nov 17, 2010
Good.
This the time to get off the internet and fight the almajiris.
Where are those noisy Igbo cowards on NL?
Why they running?
In Okija I believe. cheesy

Time to shout ONE BIAFRA.
Come out.

Almajiris, beat them like namas. You have my permission.
Go JTF.
Next, those drunks from the Niger-Delta called Militants or terrorists. cool
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Seun(m): 9:16pm On Nov 17, 2010
I don't get it. Since when did the military have the power to tell people how to barb their hair? Why are they going around beating people?
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Blazay(m): 9:20pm On Nov 17, 2010
When they hide guns inside those fake igbo-alhaji beards.
They should shave their pubic hairs too.
Don't trust them.

All the women and girls too should be lined up in the market place and shaved clean of guns and machette to search their congos. angry

Armpits too for okija charms and amulets.

Don't trust them I say. They are Igbos.
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Cmanforall: 10:04pm On Nov 17, 2010
chyz:

SOURCE?

from a resident in the town. THIS IS NO JOKE AT ALL. Ask any one u knw there.

~Bluetooth:

Are they mad ? Why are they running at the mere sighting of soldiers ?

u no understand? if the look u somhow n u resembl one kind rugged guy, na so flogging go start, no waste of time.

also some ppl think that hunters and farmers were mistakenly shot during the bush raiding (according to a reliable source)
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Omenani(m): 10:11pm On Nov 17, 2010
This is serious! Why is the military raiding Imo State? I hope this isn't true.
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by aljharem(m): 10:20pm On Nov 17, 2010
Blazay:

Good.
Why they running?

Come out.

Go JTF.

come on brother, why do u hate the igbos this much

what have they done to u cool cool
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Blazay(m): 10:39pm On Nov 17, 2010
alj harem:

come on brother, why do u hate the igbos this much

what have they done to u cool cool

You need a reason?
All you have to do is meet one.
I HATE them.

For their role in Nigerian history alone as traitors, I will forever hate them.

But I like Phillip Emeagwali. I have not met him and don't need to. I love people who do meaningful things with their lives and 'exaggerate' their successes to the envy of the world. cool

Thank God he is not married to an Igbo woman. She would have pulled him down like his own blood sister tried to do.

I can't stand the Igbos.
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by aljharem(m): 10:47pm On Nov 17, 2010
Blazay:

You need a reason?
I HATE them.

in as much as i know the nigeria history and alot of igbos have betrayed me in terms of money etc

i think at the end of the day it is just pockets of them that act like that

i remember when i was in nigeria(lagos) i saw an igbo calling one of my northern brother "mallam" it made me dislike them but i came to realise that after the war, they had a very low selfesteem and like to feel superior over us

i think we should try and stop or reduce the way we abuse them undecided

i have also met another igbo that give me free taxi ride when i was lost in lagos

so i think some might be bad (ezeuche, onlyturth, dede etc) but others are reasonable eg chyz and cheneyeN
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Omenani(m): 10:50pm On Nov 17, 2010
I hate how people always destroy threads with tribal rantings. My fellow people just ignore the cockroaches that are defiling this thread and stick to the issues.
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Seun(m): 1:25am On Nov 18, 2010
Source?
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Mariory(m): 1:26am On Nov 18, 2010
Shock:

why do people keep screaming for source? can't the poster be his/her own source?

Because a lot of Nigerians on this forum and in reality thrive on useless gossip and love to be needlessly dramatic. Hence a source is needed for those who don't have time for that crap.
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Dawgpound: 2:09am On Nov 18, 2010
Makes no sense to me.

@blazay, carry ur hatred to hell where u should be.
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Cmanforall: 2:10am On Nov 18, 2010
Seun:

I don't get it. Since when did the military have the power to tell people how to barb their hair? Why are they going around beating people?

pls note that the haircut issue was only on a hotel manager(@ d time of the report) whose hotel was also invaded but nothing was done to d guests as d r respected gentlemen unlike d other hotel dts mainly filled wit tauts.

Those after source can just do this:
call any worker(Dr, nurse, etc) @ St. Anthony hospital Okigwe(majority of victims), or Federal Medical Centre Umuahia(where some serious cases were taken to).

The Local Govt Chairman who paid their commander a visit was told the order is from federal, that state or even LG has no say.

**Note the town is a neighbouring town to Isukwato(hometown of Chief of Army Staff), 'maybe' he wants to protect the area for xmas. Maybe oo, **
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Cmanforall: 2:21am On Nov 18, 2010
Must everything have an online source?HABA! Everybody is after source on a true life situation. THIS IS TRUE OO!!!

**Not when military takes over SE, u'll be asking source**
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Mariory(m): 3:32am On Nov 18, 2010
This is not the first time trouble makers have spread lies especially with texts. There are many people who thrive on these kind of rumours. We will see about this.
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Blazay(m): 8:05am On Nov 18, 2010
Dawgpound:

Makes no sense to me.

@blazay, carry your hatred to hell where u should be.

I think you are needed in Imo State.
Not on Nairaland.
Or do you want your ancestral home to be 'unclaimed' property again?
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by gReenmAn(m): 11:27am On Nov 18, 2010
Blazay:

You need a reason?
I HATE them.

But I like Phillip Emeagwali. I have not met him and don't need to. I love people who do meaningful things with their lives and 'exaggerate' their successes to the envy of the world. cool

Thank God he is not married to an Igbo woman. She would have pulled him down like his own blood sister tried to do.

I can't stand the Igbos.

Which ant is biting your nether-regions, boy?
I feel sorry for people that profess so much hatred and intolerance (whether in jest or in reality).
There's really nothing trendy or macho (or swag) about subjective negativity,
it only makes you sound hollow and irrational.
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Blazay(m): 11:44am On Nov 18, 2010
gReenmAn:

Which ant is biting your nether-regions, boy?
I feel sorry for people that profess so much hatred and intolerance (whether in jest or in reality).
There's really nothing trendy or macho (or swag) about subjective negativity,
it only makes you sound hollow and irrational.

Good.
Then don't read it. cool
If I really did not like to read something offensive, I would not bother with it.
Now who is being immature.
Move on.
You have been noticed.
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Mariory(m): 12:29pm On Nov 18, 2010
@ Cmanforall

So what is the update on this? I have been searching all day for any news about this so called military invasion of Imo but, have found nothing. What are your sources saying?
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by gReenmAn(m): 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2010
Blazay:

Good.
Then don't read it. cool
If I really did not like to read something offensive, I would not bother with it.
Now who is being immature.
Move on.
You have been noticed.

I usually do not indulge in unnecessary e-(non)banter
But I can't resist the urge to point out to u that the topic doses not in any way warn potential readers there could be hazardous/bad language as yours in the thread.

. . . and I do not need you to notice me.
Methinks you're the one seeking for attention with such provocative vituperation that's sure to elicit response from people.
Now your 5 minutes of fame is up, you can go back to being yourself.
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Dawgpound: 2:40am On Feb 27, 2011
Blazay:

I think you are needed in Imo State.
Not on Nairaland.
Or do you want your ancestral home to be 'unclaimed' property again?

Dude I am Ogoni from Rivers state but that doesn't stop me from seeing wrong done to anyone and speaking against it.
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Nobody: 4:08am On Feb 27, 2011
Blazay:

Good.
Why they running?

Come out.

Go JTF.

Blazay:

You need a reason?
I HATE them.

I can't stand the Igbos.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@POST

LOL. . . . .Seriously, where are the NL Igbo warriors?

Why did the cowards run, hmm? I thought the citizens were supposed to fight back. According to some loud-mouthed Igbo boyboy on NL. o ma se! COWARDS!!
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by EzeUche2(m): 4:24am On Feb 27, 2011
^^^

Digging up old information? These were dammn soldiers. Not YOUTH invading a village.

All I can say that was a. . .

Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by Nobody: 4:44am On Feb 27, 2011
Blazay:

Good.
Why they running?

Come out.

Go JTF.

Stick cracks me up grin grin grin grin
Re: Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run by ezeagu(m): 5:01am On Feb 27, 2011
So I guess this story was nonsense? undecided

(1) (Reply)

$240m Bribery Scam: Efcc Arrests 11 Top Officials Of Foreign Firm: / Phillip Emegweali Finally Exonerated! / They Are Killing My People!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.