Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. (3973 Views)

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Addressing EndSARS Protesters At The National Assembly / 'I Will Open A Can Of Worms' - Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe / DSS Storms Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe's House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by Naijanewsgist00: 11:05am On Nov 14, 2019
“If the death by hanging hate speech law was in place during Jonathan’s administration, do you think Lai Mohammed would be alive today?”- Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe asks

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe has joined other Nigerians to reject the death by hanging Hate Speech bill that has passed first reading in the Senate.

Speaking on Channels TV, Senator Abaribe wondered if the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, would be alive if the law was enacted during the Goodluck Jonathan administration.

According to Abaribe, Lai Mohammed said so many unprintable things about Jonathan when he was still President and Lai Mohammed’s right to express his opinion was not trampled upon.

When asked to comment on the controversial bill, Senate Abaribe responded

In forming my thoughts, I would want to read out some things for you just to put it in context.

”A government that is unwilling to take responsibility for anything should not be counted upon. A government has repsonsibility to protect its citizens and not engage in blame game. Now this President has finally owned up to his globally acknowledged incompetence. Never in the history of any nation has incompetence and cluelessnes been exhibited by any leader as being exhibited today in this government. This government is running the country aground with a combination of incompetence and corruption. The fact of this government(sic) has nothing to do with ethnicity but a manifestation of incompetence, cluelessness and inferiority complex.

These were the words of Lai Mohammed, the Minister of Information between 2012 and 2014. I bet you that anybody who says this today, they would say it is hate speech. They would say you have called the president incompetent and they will jail you. That is why when you say you have the need to circumscribe people’s rights, you should also remember the past. If a hate speech bill which advocates death by hanging was in place between 2012 and 2014 when Lai Mohammed was making these acerbic statements against the Jonathan administration, do you think he will be alive today?

The right to hold an opinion, make an opinion, is an inalienable right of every citizen of Nigeria and when somebody who used to use this, shows up today and now says no you can’t do it for what he did in the past, that tells you that it’s nothing but intolerance and driving us towards an authoritarian government and I am saying that every Nigerian should wake up to fact that they don’t mean well for us” he said

Read More Interesting Posts below
https://www.naijanewsgist.com

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by ebukamen(m): 11:24am On Nov 14, 2019
Corrrrrrrrrrect

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by Enwhen(m): 12:03pm On Nov 14, 2019
This bill is meant to silent Nigerians

2023, Third term is real...May they not sign it until SOWORE is out of their hand...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by DCmonster: 1:28pm On Nov 14, 2019
Mr liar Mohamed would have been an ex-convict. Senator abaribe, the only good politician from Abia State since 1999 till date. The rest are yahoomen, criminals and heartless fraudsters.

10 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by gidgiddy: 1:52pm On Nov 14, 2019
The Nothern Senator who introduced this ridiculous bill would never have done so had it been that a Southern President was in office

9 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by Annie939(f): 2:09pm On Nov 14, 2019
what do you expect from a failed government and an absentee president when you see them you will definitely know them

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by MrColdsweat: 3:58pm On Nov 14, 2019
Nigerians are too docile and carefree to care about the national assembly.

buhari will bully the legislators to amend the constitution on his behalf.

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by johnmartus(m): 4:22pm On Nov 14, 2019
And metuh, fani kayode, Rino and all pdp members.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by MaxNdu: 5:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
Definitely an intelligent man. All his contributions in the Senate has been nothing short of excellence. Senator Abaribe.....God continue to refuel you with more blessings!!!!

Naijanewsgist00:
“If the death by hanging hate speech law was in place during Jonathan’s administration, do you think Lai Mohammed would be alive today?”- Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe asks

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe has joined other Nigerians to reject the death by hanging Hate Speech bill that has passed first reading in the Senate.

Speaking on Channels TV, Senator Abaribe wondered if the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, would be alive if the law was enacted during the Goodluck Jonathan administration.

According to Abaribe, Lai Mohammed said so many unprintable things about Jonathan when he was still President and Lai Mohammed’s right to express his opinion was not trampled upon.

In forming my thoughts, I would want to read out some things for you just to put it in context.

”A government that is unwilling to take responsibility for anything should not be counted upon. A government has repsonsibility to protect its citizens and not engage in blame game. Now this President has finally owned up to his globally acknowledged incompetence. Never in the history of any nation has incompetence and cluelessnes been exhibited by any leader as being exhibited today in this government. This government is running the country aground with a combination of incompetence and corruption. The fact of this government(sic) has nothing to do with ethnicity but a manifestation of incompetence, cluelessness and inferiority complex.

These were the words of Lai Mohammed, the Minister of Information between 2012 and 2014. I bet you that anybody who says this today, they would say it is hate speech. They would say you have called the president incompetent and they will jail you. That is why when you say you have the need to circumscribe people’s rights, you should also remember the past. If a hate speech bill which advocates death by hanging was in place between 2012 and 2014 when Lai Mohammed was making these acerbic statements against the Jonathan administration, do you think he will be alive today?

The right to hold an opinion, make an opinion, is an inalienable right of every citizen of Nigeria and when somebody who used to use this, shows up today and now says no you can’t do it for what he did in the past, that tells you that it’s nothing but intolerance and driving us towards an authoritarian government and I am saying that every Nigerian should wake up to fact that they don’t mean well for us” he said

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by freethesheeple(m): 8:32pm On Nov 14, 2019
Where dem defenders Make una come defend this one naaaa?

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by slimfit1(m): 9:02pm On Nov 14, 2019
Who ever gave them the idea should think twice because power can disappear within a second. Dont think you can use these laws to keep yourselves in power. Revenge is sweet ask FFK they said they will be there for 50 years remember.

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by Niaja4real(m): 9:16pm On Nov 14, 2019
[quote author=Naijanewsgist00 post=84016454]“If the death by hanging hate speech law was in place during Jonathan’s administration, do you think Lai Mohammed would be alive today?”- Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe asks

https://www.naijanewsgist.com[/
Abaribe is the only senator with senses in his head in this eight Assembly...all others na Yahoo Yahoo men.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by Jasseyfrd(m): 9:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
Annie939:
what do you expect from a failed government and an absentee president when you see them you will definitely know them

LOL
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by contigiency(m): 9:41pm On Nov 14, 2019
Stupid question. Is it Lai Muhammad that is proposing this bill? Or did anybody spread hate speech more than PDP before 2015 election? I hope they are not thinking that we have forgotten the wicked documentaries they used AIT to run against buhari and Tinubu for several months before that election.

Can you compare the gravity of the statements Abaribe read above to what Fayose, FFK, Reno omokiri and others made against buhari and Tinubu before, during and after 2015 election? Even to the extent of carrying falsehood that buhari had died. While many of them were openly confessing their wish for the man to die.

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by JonDon12: 11:27pm On Nov 14, 2019
I keep getting more and more impressed with this Enyinnanya Abaribe? This is the kind of opposition that may maybe save Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by JonDon12: 11:35pm On Nov 14, 2019
contigiency:
Stupid question. Is it Lai Muhammad that is proposing this bill? Or did anybody spread hate speech more than PDP before 2015 election? I hope they are not thinking that we have forgotten the wicked documentaries they used AIT to run against buhari and Tinubu for several months before that election.

Can you compare the gravity of the statements Abaribe read above to what Fayose, FFK, Reno omokiri and others made against buhari and Tinubu before, during and after 2015 election? Even to the extent of carrying falsehood that buhari had died. While many of them were openly confessing their wish for the man to die.

Biko Tell me how is that a stupid question? How hard is it to understand that Lai Muhammed is part of the administration and he is pointing out the fact that under the proposed law , Their minister will be hanged. It is simple

This is why Nigeria needs to split. The intellectual divide between the North and South is too much. We have a poltical genius debating with Malus like Lawan over stupid bills like this. Instead of Buhari to do things so that Nigerians will love him, he wants to legislate out hate. Thunder fire all of them. I hate you Buhari. Come and hang me.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by MacBan: 1:39am On Nov 15, 2019
The only senator I know from the greater South...the rest are just dundee and banza including my senators...my respect for this man knows no bounds.
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by Dedetwo(m): 2:19am On Nov 15, 2019
contigiency:

You reason like those Nigerians who do not deserve a pint of oxygen. As a minister of information, what has Lai Muhammad said or done to discourage this crap gaining traction under the government he serves?

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by Dedetwo(m): 2:23am On Nov 15, 2019
Naijanewsgist00:

The moronic dingbats roaming the national assembly of the zoo called Nigeria do not understand that opinion does not attract culpability under the law.
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by spafu(m): 3:18am On Nov 15, 2019
True
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by ServantsOfTruth: 4:19am On Nov 15, 2019
You are a big fool
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by Bethel4Life(f): 4:55am On Nov 15, 2019
contigiency:

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:58am On Nov 15, 2019
Naijanewsgist00:

”A government that is unwilling to take responsibility for anything should not be counted upon.

A government has repsonsibility to protect its citizens and not engage in blame game.

Now this President has finally owned up to his globally acknowledged incompetence. Never in the history of any nation has incompetence and cluelessnes been exhibited by any leader as being exhibited today in this government.

This government is running the country aground with a combination of incompetence and corruption. The fact of this government(sic) has nothing to do with ethnicity but a manifestation of incompetence, cluelessness and inferiority complex.

These were the words of Lai Mohammed, the Minister of Information between 2012 and 2014. I bet you that anybody who says this today, they would say it is hate speech.

They would say you have called the president incompetent and they will jail you. That is why when you say you have the need to circumscribe people’s rights, you should also remember the past.

If a hate speech bill which advocates death by hanging was in place between 2012 and 2014 when Lai Mohammed was making these acerbic statements against the Jonathan administration, do you think he will be alive today?

I never knew we still have a senator who could still speak up for the masses in this current crop of corrupt and rubber stamped HoRs

Abaribe, may history be forever kind to you!!! In the face of standing by the truth, may you NEVER fail or fall. Amen!!!

Back to the issue, forget Lai Mohammed, so many of them will not even be alive!!!

They are only making these laws for the masses!!!

The elites\politicians disobeys but what happens Even when the laws are clearly spelt out Nothing happens to them undecided

We can keep living in denial, the truth is that there are some set of people ABOVE the law!!!

That's why every reasonable Nigerian will fight against this evil agenda!!!

Left for me, the only law they should be passing is they, collecting the same minimum wage as every Nigerian!!!

People that partially ran parallel government now wants to make one stupid law undecided ko jò!!!

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by Nobody: 5:45am On Nov 15, 2019
MrColdsweat:
Nigerians are too docile and carefree to care about the national assembly.

buhari will bully the legislators to amend the constitution on his behalf.

BOMB! 95% of Nigerians depicts the BOTTOM PITS of foolishness...its so tiring being around a Nigerian everything is a joke to him,

He's carefree

He doesn't know thing is going backwards where he's domiciled...he doesn't know its a course for concern

He complains only when others complain....

He makes it a joke if others sees it as a joke...

He doesn't think for himself...if the politicians says its good for him then its good, if they said its bad then its bad

He believes everything on newspapers and tvs

He doesn't think outside the box

His UNDER POOR RESONING is a good breeding environment for wicked, corrupt and criminal politicians....

A NIGERIANS POOR MINDSET IS THE BEGINNING OF HIS PROBLEMS

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by contigiency(m): 6:08am On Nov 15, 2019
Dedetwo:

You reason like those Nigerians who do not deserve a pint of oxygen. As a minister of information, what has Lai Muhammad said or done to discourage this crap gaining traction under the government he serves?

You claim to reason well, but you couldn't reason out that it's in an attempt by him to help regulate the spread of hate speech that they are now calling him names, and also attributing this bill to him, even though he is not the one proposing it.
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by PennywysCares(m): 6:18am On Nov 15, 2019
Abaribe the only senator with in his right senses.
One lifeless fulani herdsman once said monkeys and baboons will soak in blood , thereafter there were much blood shed in the country.

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by ZombieTERROR: 6:28am On Nov 15, 2019
Not only lai Muhammad

All APc politicians will have been dead meat by now....

Slowpokes like junaid Muhammad.. Adamu ciroma... Etc would be rotting in the graveyard

Buhari and his rubber stamp Senate should give us death by firing squad for corrupt politicians.. If truly he's fighting corruption..

Not an Avenue for fighting perceived political enemies... Rubbish
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by etrouble: 6:31am On Nov 15, 2019
Let him ask KANU Nnamdi
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by MetaPhysical: 6:38am On Nov 15, 2019
Where is the Bill being read, is it in Ministry of Information or in Senate? Wetin concern Abaribe with Information? He should defeat the Bill in Senate and stop wailing.

Abi no be dis guy bail Kanu ni? This is Kanu surety. He should be directed to produce the jew in court.

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 15, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Where is the Bill being read, is it in Ministry of Information or in Senate? Wetin concern Abaribe with Information? He should defeat the Bill in Senate and stop wailing.

Abi no be dis guy bail Kanu ni? This is Kanu surety. He should be directed to produce the jew in court.

Go and direct him to produce KANU naa.

All you can do is rant online

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by NLandIsHypocrit: 9:06am On Nov 15, 2019
May God punish the Region of evil and wickedness and also punish those who endors this evil people either ignorantly or foolishly. God bless Enyinnaya Abaribe the only man who still have some conscience and integrity for truth.
The funny part of this whole madness is that those who are foolishly and ignorantly endorsing this evil and wickedness will also be entrapped into it but they will ignorantly as usual stay silent hoping never to be victims because they will always remain sycophantic since the law is specifically designed for those who are against the evils of the evil Government. The Sun please rise faster, I want to feel at home.

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Asks "Would Lai Mohammed Be Alive Today If The Death.. by Coldie(m): 9:22am On Nov 15, 2019
Nobody told Gej not to enact the law, you refused to do it doesn't mean others should not do it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Finally Breaks Silence On Abba Kyari / We'll Use Maximum Force To Quell Attempted Jailbreaks, Invasion - FG / Viral Photo Of Peter Obi and Lagos LP Candidate Sleeping in the Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.