Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,992 members, 7,845,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday (15298 Views)

Anambra Declares Monday Prayer Session To Counter IPOB’s Sit-At-Home order / Democracy Day: FG Declares Monday Public Holiday, Warns Against Agitations / FG Declares Monday Public Holiday For Maulud Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by tricksters: 9:39am On Nov 16, 2019
I don't understand why Obiano is celebrating this lunatic. Was this not the fool that can no recognize who holds power btw a prime minister n a ceremonial president ? The batard that travelled out of the country after being brief about the coup to slaughter the then prime minister Tafawa Balewa n the premier of both West & North region ? Do Igbos think other Nigerians are fools or what ? This bastard is only fit to be Zik of hellfire, may you rot in hell.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Tareq1105: 9:51am On Nov 16, 2019
Kanade21:

Erm, I doubt that such an agreement would have happened.

There was a lot of bad blood between Awo and Zik...after Awo used (obviously tribalistic) means to prevent Zik from achieving poltical victory in the South West. Some people never forget...

Plus, in a way, in 1964...the UPGA alliance..Zik's NCNC, with the Awo faction of the AG was formed, to run for that year's election vs the NPC and the Akintola faction of the AG (renamed the NNDP) Times had changed.

Why does he want to achieve political victory in South West?

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 16, 2019
Tareq1105:

Why does he want to achieve political victory in South West?

Long historical story..just to summarize, in 1952, Zik's party was outsted by Awo's AG....in a rather contentious election.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 9:54am On Nov 16, 2019
Respect Sir!
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Tareq1105: 9:58am On Nov 16, 2019
oforjide:
the north didn,t relegate him to ceremonial presido, it was totally the decision of the britain

....and he took it?

Or was it forced on him by the British?

Of what benefits was the Ceremonial President to his people.

It was that lack of benefits that Ojukwu wanted to correct but, for his own political aggrandizement, he chose a wrong approach.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Kuginzi: 10:37am On Nov 16, 2019
Between Nnamdi Kanu and Nnamdi Azikiwe, who is a Hero?
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 16, 2019
Preshy561:

Babe, I would like to discuss business with you.

Kindly pm me. Thanks
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Segekesy(m): 11:05am On Nov 16, 2019
Great man
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Godson32(m): 11:28am On Nov 16, 2019
Those time we still have Politicians that reason their people unlike today.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Preshy561(f): 1:19pm On Nov 16, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Kindly pm me. Thanks
Done
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Austineva(m): 1:44pm On Nov 16, 2019
One of d people who laid foundation of what we are here suffering today. May all their generations never escape from d atrocities they have caused to Nigerians especially d poor ones
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by RTSC: 1:46pm On Nov 16, 2019
Throwback:

What about Tarawa Balewa day, being the first Nigerian Prime Minister and Ruler?
That was because zik allowed it for the sake of unity.

You can't compare anybody to zik.

If it were not for zik, the north and the south would have gone separate ways.

He is the definition of Mr Nigeria.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Rumxy(m): 1:57pm On Nov 16, 2019
RTSC:

That was because zik allowed it for the sake of unity.

You can't compare anybody to zik.

If it were not for zik, the north and the south would have gone separate ways.

He is the definition of Mr Nigeria.

True, the man is the only pan-africanist to ever come out of Nigeria. He chose Nigeria first before his tribe.
No Nigerian leader, dead or alive is well respected or revered across Africa than Nnamdi Azikiwe.
RIP sir.

https://www.panafricanalliance.com/50-most-important-pan-africans/

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Legendguru: 4:24pm On Nov 16, 2019
Oh
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2019
Preshy561:

Done
Replied you
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Caseless: 5:09pm On Nov 16, 2019
Apeshy101:
The Anambra State Government has declared Monday, 18th November, 2019 work free day In commemoration Of Zik’s 115th Posthumous Birthday.

The announcement was contained in statement by the Head of Service of Anambra State, Mr Harry Udua.

The statement which was made available to News9naija reads;

"This is to inform the public that Anambra state government has declared Monday, 18th November, 2019 as work free day for everyone in Anambra state.

This is in commemoration of the birthday of Late Hon. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe (Owelle of Onitsha), former President of Nigeria.

Announcer

Barrister Harry Uduh
Head of Service
Anambra State"

https://www.news9naija.com.ng/2019/11/15/ziks-115th-posthumous-birthday-anambra-government-declares-monday-work-free-day/
you have "15" instead of "115".
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:33pm On Nov 16, 2019
TooNoisy:
The great Zik of Africa himself.

If only this man had formed a government with Awolowo and not chosen to align with the north that relegated him to ceremonial president, Nigeria will have been a better place.

Awolowo offer Zik the Prime Minister position but Zik chose to be ceremonial president. I etill wonder why?
He singlehandedly sold out southern unity for a pot of porridge.
Awolowo believed the unity of the south was paramount. But Azikiwe's desperation to dominate destroyed the south.
The south has not recovered since

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:36pm On Nov 16, 2019
Kanade21:

Erm, I doubt that such an agreement would have happened.

There was a lot of bad blood between Awo and Zik...after Awo used (obviously tribalistic) means to prevent Zik from achieving poltical victory in the South West. Some people never forget...

Plus, in a way, in 1964...the UPGA alliance..Zik's NCNC, with the Awo faction of the AG was formed, to run for that year's election vs the NPC and the Akintola faction of the AG (renamed the NNDP) Times had changed.
Awo was not the only tribalist. The three were tribalists. Azikiwe however felt Lagos ought to be a neutral enclave to which Awo disagreed. Azikiwe was eaten up by his own selfishness
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:40pm On Nov 16, 2019
Guyman02:

No you are wrong, Zik chose Nigeria first while Awolowo chose Yoruba first, this is the reason why Awolowo is very popular amongst Yorubas while Zik is not so popular amongst Igbos but popular among generality of Nigerians and in Africa

Dr Michael Okpara the then Premier of Eastern Nigeria is popular among Igbos because he was the Awolowo of Igboland, he chose Igbo first
How did zik choose Nigeria first? Had his eyes on Lagos. How does that translate to Nigeria? Why not soldier Sokoto or Borno?

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Amudeneogu: 11:12pm On Nov 16, 2019
The only posthumous birthday you will give Zik is to give Anambra state good governance,
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Banmeallday: 11:18pm On Nov 16, 2019
Nnamdi Azkiwe in part meant well for black people worldwide, but unfortunately his ego or being drunk in “what ought to be” beer has made him more and more of a controversial figure as the years go by, particularly by those from his region who are seeing more the more as the main reason they are locked in the Nigger Area with......well.....Niggers.

Anambra cannot even boast of any achievement from the government in almost 20 years, producing quacks like Ngige who on record admitted to rigging elections but today has been rewarded with minister bag....

Shame
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Preshy561(f): 6:01am On Nov 17, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Replied you
I forgot!!! I can't receive e-mail in this account cos I have forgotten my password and everything.

It's about a hair business though, I don't know if you are interested. I can drop my number so you chat me up on whatsapp, vice versa.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 17, 2019
Preshy561:

I forgot!!! I can't receive e-mail in this account cos I have forgotten my password and everything.

It's about a hair business though, I don't know if you are interested. I can drop my number so you chat me up on whatsapp, vice versa.
OK. You can drop. Thanks
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Preshy561(f): 9:21am On Nov 17, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
OK. You can drop. Thanks
Alright. 08139329176.
Please, edit when you see this.
Thanks.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 17, 2019
Preshy561:

Alright.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by LabDNA: 12:13pm On Nov 17, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

He singlehandedly sold out southern unity for a pot of porridge.
Awolowo believed the unity of the south was paramount. But Azikiwe's desperation to dominate destroyed the south.
The south has not recovered since

You yoruba should stop your revisionism. There was no way Awolowo would have united with the East. He always wanted to be at the center and would have aligned with the North if Zik didn't fill that void.

Go and read Awolowo's autobiography titled 'Awo'. That book was published in the 50s before Nigeria's independence. I have a copy. He wrote it himself.

When you read that book you'd be able get into his mind and how he see the Ibos. Even when he was in school, he envied even stuffs as frivolous as thr haircut of Ibos and Ghanians who were better off than him. Read the book.

When young Zik came back from the USA with his PhD and give an oratorical speech at U.I, Awo was there in the crowd of the electrified student, he was an unknown journalist then. He there and then swore that he was going to leave this country to study abroad, and then wrote a letter to a rich yoruba business Chief Odutola asking to lend him money to go study in England but insisting he was never sure he was ever going to pay back. That letter never got replied till today.

He had many unpalatable words for the Ibos whom he envied and saw as his competitors pre-independence. Was it the kind of man Zik should have gone into alliance with? Be truthful, would you go into alliance with such a man when you get your independence?

Stop this revisionism and read the book, the book is still out there and I may be forced to start posting some of the excerpts from that book here on this forum if you guys continue with your propaganda and revisionism. It will debunk many of your long-held lies.

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:16pm On Nov 17, 2019
LabDNA:

You yoruba should stop your revisionism. There was no way Awolowo would have united with the East. He always wanted to be at the center and would have aligned with the North if Zik didn't fill that void.

Go and read Awolowo's autobiography titled 'Awo'. That book was published in the 50s before Nigeria's independence. I have a copy. He wrote it himself.

When you read that book you'd be able get into his mind and how he see the Ibos. Even when he was in school, he envied even stuffs as frivolous as thr haircut of Ibos and Ghanians who were better off than him. Read the book.

When young Zik came back from the USA with his PhD and give an oratorical speech at U.I, Awo was there in the crowd of the electrified student, he was an unknown journalist then. He there and then swore that he was going to leave this country to study abroad, and then wrote a letter to a rich yoruba business Chief Odutola asking to lend him money to go study in England but insisting he was never sure he was ever going to pay back. That letter never got replied till today.

He had many unpalatable words for the Ibos whom he envied and saw as his competitors pre-independence. Was it the kind of man Zik should have gone into alliance with? Be truthful, would you go into alliance with such a man when you get your independence?

Stop this revisionism and read the book, the book is still out there and I may be forced to start posting some of the excerpts from that book here on this forum if you guys continue with your propaganda and revisionism. It will debunk many of your long-held lies.

Pls post excerpts of the book. I'll try to find it too. If you have a link, better. Based on events after the elections then, it is known that Awo believed a monolithic north was inimical to the nation's progress. Azikiwe's grouse with him was Lagos. But it may be that what is known is a lie so post the excerpts. Don't forget though that the three leaders knew Nigeria was not a united country which is why they sought to get the best possible deals for themselves. You make it seem like Awo's hatred for Ibo was what made the south not align. I'll not say much for now. Just paste the excerpts
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by LabDNA: 1:22pm On Nov 17, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

Pls post excerpts of the book. I'll try to find it too. If you have a link, better. Based on events after the elections then, it is known that Awo believed a monolithic north was inimical to the nation's progress. Azikiwe's grouse with him was Lagos. But it may be that what is known is a lie so post the excerpts. Don't forget though that the three leaders knew Nigeria was not a united country which is why they sought to get the best possible deals for themselves. You make it seem like Awo's hatred for Ibo was what made the south not align. I'll not say much for now. Just paste the excerpts

Thanks. I promise to do so in due time.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:37pm On Nov 17, 2019
LabDNA:

Thanks. I promise to do so in due time.
Quote me when you do
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by LabDNA: 1:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
[quote author=Agboriotejoye post=84109603]
Quote me when you do[/quote
I will.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday by LabDNA: 1:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

Quote me when you do
I will.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NDLEA Intercepts 40,250kg Codeine Worth N2b At Lagos Port / ACF Denies Endorsing Atiku / FG Grows National Grid Power Capacity To 14,000MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.