Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest (36413 Views)

Kogi Election: 3 Killed As Military Thwarts Ballot Box Snatching Attempt / Ekiti Bye-election: 3 Persons Feared Killed in Olujimi's Polling Unit / Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by mercyefe200(f): 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2019
At least three persons have been shot and stabbed at Opolo Ward 5 in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State during Saturday’s poll by suspected political thugs.

Those injured had been rushed to the Federal Medical Centre, Yenagoa for treatment.

Our Correspondent ran into women in peaceful protest against an alleged invasion by party thugs who invaded various polling units carrying dangerous weapons and shooting sporadically.

They carried various placards with various inscriptions, which read, “No elections in Ward 5.” “Federal Government, Come to our aid,” “We have been denied our rights to vote in Ward 5.” among others.

Doris, one of the leaders of the protesting women told our Correspondent that One Pere and another person simply called Prince were shot, while an elderly man was stabbed on the leg.

The women were protesting in the presence of the Police at the time of time our Correspondent ran into them.

They accused security agencies of allegedly giving covers to the rampaging armed thugs to chase out those they felt would not vote for their preferred candidate.

Also, there was skirmish at Agudama Epie Unit 9 Ward 4 where a suspected party agent was chased away and was nearly mobbed until policemen on patrol rescued him.

He was rescued by policemen on election duty.

A mild drama ensured when the photographs our Correspondent took when the party agent was being rescued by a team of policemen led by an Assistant Superintendent of Police, ASP, were forcefully deleted by the policemen who initially seized the mobile phone but released after appeal.

The policemen said although they were captured on camera rescuing the party agent as part of their duty, they did not want to captured on camera.

“We didn’t say you should not do your job as Journalists, because I am doing mine by rescuing the Party Agent, but don’t take my picture,” he said.

In Toru-Orua in Sagbama Local government area, Governor Seriake Dickson could not vote as scheduled because his polling unit was submerged by flood.

An ad-hoc arrangements were made for him and his wife to vote.

After casting his vote, he complained of reported cases of violence in some parts of the state.

In Tombia and Amassoma, the village of the late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, the former Governor of Bayelsa State, visited by our Correspondent, election was peaceful.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/11/16/blood-bath-in-bayelsa-3-shot-angry-women-protest/amp/

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by omoadeleye(m): 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
So bad
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Aturitoroman: 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
undecided
I don't Even understand why people are coming out to vote self,

When you know your vote won't count

Why waste your time to vote..

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by ursullalinda(f): 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
Kogi is boiling....Bayelsa on fire....how will people elected under such circumstance act as humans when in power....I just weep for my country

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Cyrealmusic(m): 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
Na wa o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Brandstudio01: 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
This is a common problem the Electoral Act would've put to rest. Shame and those who call themselves Leaders in the this country

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid while promo Lasts. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
undecided
Violence is the order of the day........
What people fail to understand is that the politician is not affected regardless of the result....the thugs and average people on the other hand are uncertain of what the future holds............
If only Obj, Yar'adua and Gej put country first, this nonsense would have been a thing of the past.......They set a dangerous precedent and here we are............

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by solmusdesigns: 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
cool

APC and PDP are one and the same... APC battling hard for failure called Yeye Bello while PDP flexing muscle to install a stooge on Bayelsa people

7 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Bukino222(m): 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
I can see "APC thugs" boldly written on one of the placards..
which way Nigeria??

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Ayoswit(f): 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
Protest go plenty today wella. undecided
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by specie103(m): 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2019
Welcome to next level
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Flexherbal(m): 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2019
No politician/political position is worth dying for.
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by NigeriaBam: 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2019
APC why.... Is it by force ??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by mascot87(m): 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2019
This is 2019 and election in Nigeria is still like this? Spit
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by KIDfurniture(m): 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2019
Good kill yourselves ...please spare the poor people
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by djfabmusik(m): 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2019
I hope bayelsa get it right this time #apc
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2019

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by SegunAj(m): 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2019
Where are the other?
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by chukwuibuipob: 4:45pm On Nov 16, 2019
sad just only one state oo.Dem don turn it upside down
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 16, 2019
It is well
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by sureheaven(m): 4:46pm On Nov 16, 2019
Yahayah bello, you won't end well..

Dino Melaye the crook, shame on you.

Smart Adeyemi, thunder fire you..

Others involve won't have peace .

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by RZArecta2(m): 4:46pm On Nov 16, 2019
APC carries sorrow, tears and blood everywhere they go to cool

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Finnese001: 4:46pm On Nov 16, 2019
Apc knows that Nigerians have rejected them, now they resort to violence and thuggery

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Opinedecandid(m): 4:47pm On Nov 16, 2019
Welcome
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Lagosfinder(m): 4:47pm On Nov 16, 2019
Vote not fight
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Osyxcel(m): 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2019
sureheaven:
Yahayah bello, you won't end well..

Dino Melaye the crook, shame on you.

Smart Adeyemi, thunder fire you..

Others involve won't have peace .

I don't understand. This is Bayelsa, you're talking about Kogi. angry

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Lagbaja01(m): 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2019
Count
Aturitoroman:
undecided
I don't Even understand why people are coming out to vote self,

When you know your vote won't count

Why waste your time to vote..

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Concatenate: 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2019
Upgrade your Resumé to look beautiful and professional for a token.
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by AkwalaIke1: 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
APC and PDP are one and the same
[/s]
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Alzirida(f): 4:50pm On Nov 16, 2019
PDP
Hmmmmmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo: I Am The Most Qualified Presidential Aspirant In APC / More Pictures From PDP Rally In Gombe State / Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.