Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West (27868 Views)

Bandits Attack Kaduna Community, Kill 2 Persons Including APC Ward Chairman / Okorocha To Be Honoured In Ibadan, South West Nigeria Saturday 10th April 2021 / Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by ijustdey: 7:09pm On Mar 09, 2019
By Adeola Badru

IBADAN- TWO persons have been reported shot dead during the ongoing Governorship and House of Assembly elections at Ibadan South West, ward 6, unit 4.

According to the information at the disposal of Vanguard, the incident that led to the alleged death of the two unidentified persons, when speaking with a female voter who pleaded to be anonymous, was a result of an altercation that ensued between the supporters of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the All Progressives Congress (APC) over sharing of money to their voters.

She said: ” As the voters have assembled to vote, all of sudden we just heard gun shots from different locations, as people began to scamper for safety.”

“There was no armed security men at hand to douse the tension as the ones available are not armed.

After then, we just heard people talking in groups that they have killed two people,” she narrated. She disclosed that voters were yet to return to the polling unit over their fear that more trouble might still loom.

Meanwhile, efforts to speak with the new Police Public Relations Officer(PPRO), DSP Olugbenga Fadeyi proved abortive as at the time of filing this report.

More details in subsequent reports.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/03/election-2-persons-allegedly-shot-dead-at-ibadan-swest/
Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by Iyajison: 7:17pm On Mar 09, 2019
Die just like that...

Die for someone that is probably chilling somewhere..

Die for someone whose children are not even within..

Die for polluted money...

You weren't killed with arms.....but the level of ur stupidity killed u long ago...

Rest in hell

15 Likes

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by WilliamsChelster(m): 10:31pm On Mar 09, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by TechtraGadgets: 10:31pm On Mar 09, 2019
Anarcy

2 Likes

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by iamvictorbassey: 10:31pm On Mar 09, 2019
But we had elections in 2015 now, Or was it that I did not follow properly? There wasn't this kinda desperation and killings for power.

On another hand I'm beginning to believe that Buhari gave the body language for what is happening. Initially I supported his statement "Ballot box snatchers should be shot" because only one who is planning to distort the election process will have a problem with that statement. But in a non-civilized country like Nigeria where we don't even respect traffic lights. I feel that was where he gave the go ahead on extra judicial killings.

One part of me was thinking today, If only we knew this was the kinda desperation the present govt would bring, GEJ should have held on to power with all he had. "NOTHING" I REPEAT "NOTHING" would have happened. Highest some killings left and right, some press confrences, parallel govt threats, etc. after everything will stabilize. Now I see how difficult it is to conduct a relatively free, safe and fair election, then walk away and leave power after loosing.

On another hand, I wonder the kinda trainings our security officials undergo. Was it that the safety feature on the gun was off? What type of stupid news do we hear in this country periodically? The other day it was customs officer. That case will die a natural death. Today it is police.
What nonsense?

It is only in Nigeria that a police officer will mistakenly shoot himself in the leg. Haba?!!

Too many people have lost their lives from 2weeks ago till today.
The killiings I have read on front page today alone is just too much. Haba!!!

17 Likes

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by Kingcesar: 10:31pm On Mar 09, 2019
By Friday i will go and drop my voters card at inec office suggestion box. Since the card can no longer serve it purpose.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 09, 2019
Buhari

1 Like

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by elotajohn1(m): 10:32pm On Mar 09, 2019
Dear Afonjas, Igbos, Ab0kis
Let's forget APC and PDP and face the reality at hand.
Where do we go from here?
These old Men are killing us just to remain in Power while they groom their Children abroad to come back in 2023 and continue from where they will stop.
Buhari mid 70
Atiku early 70
Tinubu 70s
Oshiohmole 70s
Osibanjo early 60s

Youths are their thugs dying, while they collectively loot and decamp from parties and take care of their children who will return tomorrow to continue from them.

For instance when DASUKI flood gate opened
Hausa politicians benefited
Middle belt politicians benefited
Yoruba christian politicians benefited
Yoruba Muslim politicians benefited
Igbo politicians benefited
There was no religious war or ethnocentrism

But you and I here are attacking ourselves while they collectively loot over our stupidity!

We have to think!!!

35 Likes

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by Ennyboy12(m): 10:32pm On Mar 09, 2019
Smh
Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by OlawaleSmarter1(m): 10:32pm On Mar 09, 2019
Hmm
Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by Iceman2017(m): 10:33pm On Mar 09, 2019
After the elections, those politicians you killed for, will not even stop their convoy to wave at you talk more of empowering you.
I just hate this dirty politics we play here

4 Likes

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by MARKone(m): 10:33pm On Mar 09, 2019
The Armed security men where somewhere snatching ballot boxes. Yeye County

6 Likes

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by 9jaArea: 10:34pm On Mar 09, 2019
Ibadan is now 2nd to Rivers.
This is very bad politics, it is worrisome that to so called educated regions are the ones recording politically motivated deaths.

4 Likes

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by oyetunder(m): 10:34pm On Mar 09, 2019
They are being elected to thrones of wealth ... so they must kill, steal, and destroy.

2 Likes

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by arcisong(m): 10:35pm On Mar 09, 2019
Yeye country, I can never bother myself going out to vote. It is a waste of time in a country like Nigeria. Democracy doesn't exist in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by helinues: 10:35pm On Mar 09, 2019
If you reside in Ibadan, Church and Mosque are not must tomorrow..

More like Ibadan has no governor at the moment as Ajimobi is still nursing his lose

2 Likes

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by Ubdavis(m): 10:36pm On Mar 09, 2019
By the time the election is ever, almost 1000 men would have been killed.

1 Like

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 09, 2019
Next level.
Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by jericco1(m): 10:40pm On Mar 09, 2019
people are just dying upandan
Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:41pm On Mar 09, 2019
Violence everywhere.
It is well with our dear country's politics.
Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by Bianda24: 10:42pm On Mar 09, 2019
GEJ do you see what your action had caused us?

1 Like

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by diadem10: 10:44pm On Mar 09, 2019
And who are the eediots mentioning Jonathan? Was the looter any different? The only reason he handed over peaceably to Buhari was because he was afraid of gbagbo treatment which the international communities were already parroting to him if he fails to hand over. The coward wasn't different from these power hungry politicians

2 Likes

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by diadem10: 10:45pm On Mar 09, 2019
elotajohn1:
Dear Afonjas, Igbos, Ab0kis
Let's forget APC and PDP and face the reality at hand.
Where do we go from here?
These old Men are killing us just to remain in Power while they groom their Children abroad to come back in 2023 and continue from where they will stop.
Buhari mid 70
Atiku early 70
Tinubu 70s
Oshiohmole 70s
Osibanjo early 60s

Youths are their thugs dying, while they collectively loot and decamp from parties and take care of their children who will return tomorrow to continue from them.

For instance when DASUKI flood gate opened
Hausa politicians benefited
Middle belt politicians benefited
Yoruba christian politicians benefited
Yoruba Muslim politicians benefited
Igbo politicians benefited
There was no religious war or ethnocentrism

But you and I here are attacking ourselves while they collectively loot over our stupidity!

We have to think!!!

Are the youths different?

The likes of Yahaya Bello and Ortom are youths, aren't they? But they are worse than anything. Even wike is blood thirsty.

1 Like

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by Mccullum: 10:46pm On Mar 09, 2019
Ibadan is the hottest place of elections violenct in South West while Ajumobi who suppose to control it, he's suffering from the defeat of his senatorial ambition..

That's the nature of their politicians in Ibadan.
Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by yesloaded: 10:46pm On Mar 09, 2019
I am not happy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by wolesmile(m): 10:46pm On Mar 09, 2019
Wild wild west!!!

Learnt Hon Sugar, a member House of representative was also killed today in Ibadan. He was shot in the eye.

If truly our politicians want to serve their country, why all these killings to get to positions?

2 Likes

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by haconjy(m): 10:49pm On Mar 09, 2019
APC, may thunder fire you all o

At last, BuhaRIG, Tinubull, Amaechi, Akpabio, APC, Inec have succeeded in separating Nigeria in religion and region line...

But I must lead a protest on Monday in Ibadan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by paparazzi1987(m): 10:50pm On Mar 09, 2019
donno why people like to just kill each other on top small thing
Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by klever18(m): 10:50pm On Mar 09, 2019
blood thirsty politicians who equip them selves with charms to the teeth

1 Like

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by Sociologie(m): 10:51pm On Mar 09, 2019
Next Level all d way

1 Like

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by Akosbaba(m): 11:01pm On Mar 09, 2019
Vote not fight biko

1 Like

Re: Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West by misano(m): 11:02pm On Mar 09, 2019
iamvictorbassey:
But we had elections in 2015 now, Or was it that I did not follow properly? There wasn't this kinda desperation and killings for power.

On another hand I'm beginning to believe that Buhari gave the body language for what is happening. Initially I supported his statement "Ballot box snatchers should be shot" because only one who is planning to distort the election process will have a problem with that statement. But in a non-civilized country like Nigeria where we don't even respect traffic lights. I feel that was where he gave the go ahead on extra judicial killings.

One part of me was thinking today, If only we knew this was the kinda desperation the present govt would bring, GEJ should have held on to power with all he had. "NOTHING" I REPEAT "NOTHING" would have happened. Highest some killings left and right, some press confrences, parallel govt threats, etc. after everything will stabilize. Now I see how difficult it is to conduct a relatively free, safe and fair election, then walk away and leave power after loosing.

On another hand, I wonder the kinda trainings our security officials undergo. Was it that the safety feature on the gun was off? What type of stupid news do we hear in this country periodically? The other day it was customs officer. That case will die a natural death. Today it is police.
What nonsense?

It is only in Nigeria that a police officer will mistakenly shoot himself in the leg. Haba?!!

Too many people have lost their lives from 2weeks ago till today.
The killiings I have read on front page today alone is just too much. Haba!!!

So, you are one if those ppl supporting Buhari's reckless statement right? D nonsense have not started. More reckless statements will be made (because some ppl will happily support him) ppl like U will support him as well and whatever comes out of it U will chop ur share.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

DSS Disrupts 'Revolution Now' Protest In Osogbo (Video) / Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP / President Jonathan And His Campaign Team Arrive Onitsha, Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.