Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

See Where Nigeria's Actual Population And Geographical Centre Points Are! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Where Nigeria's Actual Population And Geographical Centre Points Are! (1549 Views)

What Do You Think Is The Actual Population Of Nigerian Now?(shocking) / What Is Nigeria Actual Population Not Looking At The Census Figures? / Difference Between Geopolitical Zone And Geographical Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Where Nigeria's Actual Population And Geographical Centre Points Are! by scholes0(m): 6:47pm On Nov 16, 2019
Nigeria's real geographical centre lies somewhere in Southern Kaduna about half way between Abuja and Jos, while Nigeria's demographic/Population center lies below the Niger river in western Kogi state around Kabba town.

[img]http:///65535/49074055933_452988673b_b.jpg[/img]

Source:Ethnicity mapping from "Representing Ethnic group clusters in space, a new Data set" Journal of peace research.
https://themapden.co.uk/2019/04/14/capital-cities-1/
Re: See Where Nigeria's Actual Population And Geographical Centre Points Are! by AbakalikiPress: 7:01pm On Nov 16, 2019
If Nigeria's population center is lower than it's geographical center, then how is the north more populated than the south?
Shouldn't the higher northern population pull the population center closer to the north? why is the population center closer to the south then?

We all know for example that the north has a much larger landmass than the south and that shows in where the geographic center is being inside the north, even higher than Abuja. Therefore the location of the population center should also indicate what the population spread of the country is actually like.

3 Likes

Re: See Where Nigeria's Actual Population And Geographical Centre Points Are! by Rochas2023: 7:05pm On Nov 16, 2019
Where is the remaining ethnic groups ?
Re: See Where Nigeria's Actual Population And Geographical Centre Points Are! by MetaPhysical: 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2019
Yoruba people, you are blessed, Wallahi...

You have international border, ocean and coastal line, river Niger banks, hills, valleys and rivers, lakes, streams and forests. You have four climate regions - savannah, tropical forest, jungle forest and seaward weather.

Who else in Nigeria has these all in one combination? Give glory to Edumare!

4 Likes

Re: See Where Nigeria's Actual Population And Geographical Centre Points Are! by leofab(f): 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2019
Statistical lies
Re: See Where Nigeria's Actual Population And Geographical Centre Points Are! by Ttipsy(f): 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Yoruba people, you are blessed, Wallahi...

You have international border, ocean and coastal line, river Niger banks, hills, valleys and rivers, lakes, streams and forests. You have four climate regions - savannah, tropical forest, jungle forest and seaward weather.

Who else in Nigeria has these all in one combination? Give glory to Edumare!
just say the southern part is blessed. especially the oil rich region of SS and SE

1 Like

Re: See Where Nigeria's Actual Population And Geographical Centre Points Are! by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:45pm On Nov 16, 2019
AbakalikiPress:
If Nigeria's population center is lower than it's geographical center, then how is the north more populated than the south?
Shouldn't the higher northern population pull the population center closer to the north? why is the population center closer to the south then?

We all know for example that the north has a much larger landmass than the south and that shows in where the geographic center is being inside the north, even higher than Abuja. Therefore the location of the population center should also indicate what the population spread of the country is actually like.
The so called population of the north is a myth. It's not exactly true. Nigeria uses landmass to judge population not actual figures
Re: See Where Nigeria's Actual Population And Geographical Centre Points Are! by MetaPhysical: 10:22pm On Nov 16, 2019
Ttipsy:

[s]just say the southern part is blessed. especially the oil rich region of SS and SE[/s]

I know where Yorubaland starts, and I know where it ends. SS or SE is not part of it. grin

When i need to praise Southern region I would know what to do. angry

1 Like

Re: See Where Nigeria's Actual Population And Geographical Centre Points Are! by Ttipsy(f): 10:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
MetaPhysical:

I know where Yorubaland starts, and I know where it ends. SS or SE is not part of it. grin

When i need to praise Southern region I would know what to do. angry
Good for you
Re: See Where Nigeria's Actual Population And Geographical Centre Points Are! by Barbilius: 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
scholes0:
Nigeria's real geographical centre lies somewhere in Southern Kaduna about half way between Abuja and Jos, while Nigeria's demographic/Population center lies below the Niger river in western Kogi state around Kabba town.

[img]http:///65535/49074055933_452988673b_b.jpg[/img]

Source:Ethnicity mapping from "Representing Ethnic group clusters in space, a new Data set" Journal of peace research.
https://themapden.co.uk/2019/04/14/capital-cities-1/
According to this map, does it means that the South carries the population while the upper north carries the geographical space?

(1) (Reply)

Youth Corpers Now Earn More Than Bmc's / Ogboni Cult Leader Offers To Cleanse Coronavirus In Nigeria / Pmb Received Report On Coronavirus From The DG Ncdc.-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.